Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181556 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 89 Influx of new blood
« Reply #2010 on: June 09, 2015, 12:55:28 am »

May somebody please tell me the decoded version of that whole code conversation?

Walk back to the tree. Second action pm'd.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:59:42 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: June 09, 2015, 05:44:02 am »

Continue my recovery. Another two essences.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: June 09, 2015, 10:30:54 am »

May somebody please tell me the decoded version of that whole code conversation?
"git gud."
*flops his earlobes tauntingly*
"Fucking firecrackers tho."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:38:08 am by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: June 09, 2015, 12:44:04 pm »

"git gud."
*flops his earlobes tauntingly*
"Fucking firecrackers tho."

Thank you.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: June 09, 2015, 09:43:36 pm »

"No! Azenfar!"

Dragon's going to pay. Summon a homing thermite bolt. Use 6 +1/+1 essences.
Homing: Your targeted spell is guaranteed to hit. -3 CMP.
Fire this bolt from my crossbow at the dragon's remaining eye, blinding it and hopefully killing it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:48:22 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: June 10, 2015, 05:13:41 am »

((Hey Whisperling, I've got a favor to ask of you.))

((What is it?))

Make three more essences, then stand up when I see Dwen.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: June 10, 2015, 07:34:13 pm »

((I'll pm you, hey wasn't there suppose to be an update today?))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 10, 2015, 07:48:48 pm »

((Correct. Maybe DreamerGhost's got RL issues. Or maybe he's working on it right now.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 10, 2015, 08:12:44 pm »

Turn 90

ahhh...it seems my order has arrived"

pick up book, fly off to somewhere nice and quiet, read book.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not feeling like having four mages peeking over his shoulder and asking annoying questions, like "what are you reading", Flare took to the air. But where to go? Where he was previously seemed like a nice enough choice. And there were mages in every other direction. It hardly took any time at all to get to the hills with the new wings. For safety, Flare flew a bit further, so that hills would block direct vision from other mages. Feeling safe enough, feromancer opened up the book. Oh there were even some notes here from Ice.
{Knowledge of Golems gained}

Loot the body of the dead Mage for its shards, create moar drinks for the dragon

whoops got a bit carried away there
Still loot the corpse of all its shards, and items but then head to the tree house and get rid of the methanol

{Next time, when you change your action cross out the previous one.}

Dwen moved over to where Azenfar laid crumpled in a pile. Brewer shattered his soul in five shards and put them in his pouch. Surely, dragon would not mind this. Besides, he could make alcohol to repay it. If it ever landed. Oh well, he had things to do. Namely returning to the treehouse and removing that fire hazard. Hmm, the hazard did not seem to be affected in any way. How strange. Did alcohol react to something here that would make it different?

"*sigh* No, no. Not tha literal dice. It wassa metaphor. Ya see, the worl' is kinda like a big game of chance bein played by the gods. An' we're jus' tha pieces. I'm meanin that I just gotta make sure 'at circumstances turn out 'ell. 'En I'm ready, Coincidence 'erself shall grace mah shield, and misfortun' mah sword. Till 'en, I'm justa little lucky man sittin' in tha plains.

As for tha boss, 'e pro'bly tells ya ta leave us alone because most 'a us are a wee bit mad, in both senses o' the word. Summa us get angry easily, an' anger and pow'a ova the workins o' tha world don' mix well, 'specially not here. 'Ell, I've heard a entire families gettin 'emselves killed over a minor misunderstandin'! 'T be l'most funny if it wern't so sad.

Ya know 'at 'ey say, " 'en all ya got issa hammer, errythin' looks like a nail"? Kinda like that wit' mages. 'En ya given tha powa of the cosmos, ya neva think ta jus' sit down an talk insteada jus' smitin erryone who gets in ya' way.

Guess it 'elps to 'have an affinity tha' doesn't cater to murder directly. I mean, I could jus' strait up take ya luck till ya killed by a 'coincidence', but 't'd be hard,  unneeded, an' kinda a 'orrible thin' ta do. Somethin' like lifewarpin or death? Seems like murder's tha first resort there."

Make 2 more essences. Chatin' with the comparison-blind goblin.

"Ohhhhh... So it's like putting poison on your blade. I get it now. Or would you be more of like poison in food guy? Late captain said never to go with only poison or only blade. Sometimes poison is bad, sometimes the dagger doesn't cut all the way through fat. Was a clever goblin, really liked bombs. Current captain constantly complains that he had to dig the command helmet out of rubble."

Search the spooky scary charred tree forest for spatial disturbances (They are THE place for them!) and use them to fuel essence creation. Two essences. Even if i dont find any. Spatial disturbances,that is.

LUCK [2]
CMP [4+1=5]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [5]
POT [3]

Harden looked around. Sometimes, the spatial disturbances could be visible because they would bend light in a same way a lens would. No luck this time it seemed, so Harden reached out with his magical senses. There was something in front of him, but also behind him? Above and to the sides? Just as Harden figured out that he had happened upon a wormhole, the feeling passed, and as Harden opened his eyes, he saw a field of white powder.

"Um... hello? Is anyone around here beeing murderous or evil?"

Notice guy with purple leg, standing stock-still. Realize he's suffering from spirit sickness, so take his shards off his body. Then head south, making three bees essences.

The guy with a purple leg takes surprisingly little offense while Jonas snatched a few shards from him. The purple on his leg seemed like it was spreading, but that was of no importance to the beekeeper, who was moving towards southern hills.

Make three more essences, then stand up when I see Dwen.

The Dwen did not take long to appear, just as Viznor expected. But as Viznor stood up for a greeting, Dwen whizzed past him to the methanol pool and attempted to cast something. Was he sampling his own products?

"No! Azenfar!"

Dragon's going to pay. Summon a homing thermite bolt. Use 6 +1/+1 essences.
Homing: Your targeted spell is guaranteed to hit. -3 CMP.
Fire this bolt from my crossbow at the dragon's remaining eye, blinding it and hopefully killing it.

Dragon charged at James with great fury, its pride being unable to handle something flying without its express permission. Before, killing the gnat that took its eye had taken priority, but now it had time to throw this gnat out of the skies. The dragon was so much faster in air, James did not have the time to get out of the way when dragon traded altitude for speed and suddenly was half a second away from him. In desperation, healer turned around hoping that thick adamantine jetpack would defend him from worst of the blow. Indeed, the device had cushioned the strike, but James became aware of some lose pipes and wires almost as quickly as he noticed that he was falling.

Continue my recovery. Another two essences.
Stuff

Crimson sank deep in meditation once more. There was something among his memories, a common piece, or rather a puzzle that coalesced into something. Crimson reached out to that something, examined it and understood. He understood now. The great blast that had brought the castle down was just the finishing point. The power of harbingers of destruction, affinity for explosions was now his.
{Explosions affinity gained}

Jase meanwhile, was busy with digging. Digging and magic, but mostly digging. The trap was set, and Jase returned to throwing stones away. So many stones. Yet the labor finally brought fruit! As Jace turned over one of larger stones, a metal handle peeked out from under a rock. To joyous to notice that stone around the sword had began to crumble to dust aethermancer pulled the sword from the stone. Blade of shadows slid out easily, yet Jace realized with horror, that his right hand with which he pulled out the sword had withered as if it belonged to a mummy. He could still move it and use it, yet that could change if he released the sword.

Walk back to the tree. Second action pm'd.

Marcus went towards the treehouse again. It hadn't burned down yet, meaning that it was relatively safe. He would tolerate no distractions in preparing for the great plan.

"This is turning out to be quite a good start! Onwards!"
Create two more time essences, and continue towards the castle, being mindful of surroundings or other mages.
Doctor continued moving towards irresistible source of adventure. Why, he could see the walls already. Even better, he could touch them! Doctor did touch them; they felt rough, built for practicality and not bling. It was a good castle.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:20:24 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 90 Meanwhile, at 4 in the morning
« Reply #2019 on: June 10, 2015, 08:21:46 pm »

keep reading
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: June 10, 2015, 08:28:19 pm »

((Sorry I totally forgot, but should I have taken the Magic bow too?))

try removing the methonal again, then a pm'd action then make 3 essences
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:40:30 am by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: June 11, 2015, 07:39:37 am »

"Well, this is a good start. I'm going to bee needing some protection."

Okay then. Crush 7 shards for a non-magical minion, then make 2 bees essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 11, 2015, 08:35:37 am »

"Ah,well,at least i have not been ear-raped by purple tentacles that shoot lewd,viscous liquid."
Go to the edge of the map,and use the spatial difference between the cosmic void and reality to fuel essence creation. Three essences this time.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:41:11 am by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: June 11, 2015, 08:40:59 am »

((Sorry I totally forgot, but should I have taken the Magic bow too?))

try removing the methonal again, then a pm'd action

((You took the bow and the sword and the knfe too.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 11, 2015, 10:25:59 am »

"Alright, time for a little experiment..."
Find the castle gate, then PM action.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 506