Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163716 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 90 Meanwhile, at 4 in the morning
« Reply #2040 on: June 12, 2015, 06:25:55 pm »

((what style of alchemy? I ask because I was just now watching fullmetal alchemist.))

((The kind that produces poisons, bombs, potions and elixirs of various effects.))
Maybe Froggy can rewaitlist as well, so that I can have more crafting slaves and you can create a magic shop, like what NAV tried to do (maybe one of you could pick up or start with the essence affinity, enabling you to create universal essences that are usable by your master anybody).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: June 12, 2015, 09:40:56 pm »

Keep on digging.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: June 13, 2015, 12:02:10 pm »

Summon around me a flying vehicle designed to fight dragons, armed with a flamethrower, and immune to cold using all non-chaos summoning essences.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 07:27:32 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: June 13, 2015, 04:11:45 pm »

((DG might have fun interpreting that- I don't think there are any 'fragons' on this world.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: June 13, 2015, 06:56:29 pm »

Summon around me a flying vehicle designed to fight fragons and immune to cold using all non-chaos summoning essences.

Might want to give it a flamethrower, too.

EDIT: ((I don't want to double post, so I'll just add my action here.))

Make three more essences. They might be needed in interactions with this alcohol mage.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:36:06 am by Whisperling »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: June 14, 2015, 10:41:06 am »

((I edited my action))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: June 14, 2015, 12:15:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((True enough. I'll do some affinity idea trading after I get back to Bay 12(I'm going to be gone for a while). Here's another freebie: String.

Spell ideas:
Hog tie someone using steel strings.
Use razor sharp and thin strings to remove limbs.
Use a web of magic resistant strings to block projectile spells.
A high-velocity string could be used as a piercing projectile.

))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: June 14, 2015, 03:00:48 pm »

((Or even weave things with string to make wearable items, like flexible steel/mythril/etc armor.

In the meantime, I have a couple ideas of my own:
Spoiler: Electricity (click to show/hide)
))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: June 14, 2015, 05:02:03 pm »

Spoiler: Gases (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Perceptions (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: June 14, 2015, 05:53:26 pm »

Cause the gods to perceive my enemy as their enemy. With expected results.

((I could only imagine that trying to mess with a god's mind would end badly.))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:18:03 pm by Whisperling »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: June 14, 2015, 05:57:04 pm »

((In which case, cause the enemy to be perceived as an enemy by everybody.))
Generic Arms Race.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: June 14, 2015, 06:38:52 pm »

Turn 91

keep reading
{Did I forgot to tell you that you finished the book?  Aparently I did.}

Flare had finished reading what was in the book. The notes from Ice were very helpful in clarifying few things that the writer had "forgotten to mention". It was no secret that most spell books were written "Incomplete". The rest was hidden between the lines, written in a code that required a lot of guesswork from the reader. This allowed mages to be sure that their greater spells were only ever learned by those that were alike in their thinking. Flare sought such secrets, yet what he had found was nothing more than that which he had already read in Ices' notes.

try removing the methonal again, then a pm'd action then make 3 essences

Dwen decided to try a diferent aproach this time, instead of unmaking he would simply change methanol into something harmless. By his command, the pool of methanol turned into a pool of sugar syrup. An ant wandered over the pool, sampled it with its mandibles and quickly scuried away. Within moments, there was an entire chain of ants going towards the sugary treat and back.

"Well, this is a good start. I'm going to bee needing some protection."

Okay then. Crush 7 shards for a non-magical minion, then make 2 bees essences.

Jonas shattered seven shards and watched, as remnants of the shards formed a ring. The bits and pieces were connected by purple streaks of power, then the purple light spread, turning into a purple disk. From within the purple disk, a jovial looking elf emerged, wielding a cutlass. "Ahh, it is so nice to see a magician that is one with the nature, man. To appreciate the cute little critters of nature, to see the beauty of cuddliness. Ahh, to see a new land, untouched by cruelty. I wonder what cute animals I would find. Maybe a nice little bunny, maybe a..." He keeps on speaking and speaking. A thought forms within the mind of Jonas, did this knifear knew that he had a particular focus on bees?

Spoiler: Your elf (click to show/hide)

"Ah,well,at least i have not been ear-raped by purple tentacles that shoot lewd,viscous liquid."
Go to the edge of the map,and use the spatial difference between the cosmic void and reality to fuel essence creation. Three essences this time.

Just as Harden had suspected, the whole island was kept in balance with spatial magic. The space that separated void from air of the island was kept both very thin and very wide. There were greater intricacies of the spell, but Harden did not care for them. What he cared for was that the magic was strong enough for him to leech some off without damaging the enchantment that kept the island livable.

"Alright, time for a little experiment..."
Find the castle gate, then PM action.
Now, try to create a replacement right arm. Start with just the base. Use spear to create the necessary force.
Keep on digging.

Doctor jogged towards the castle gates. He suspected from his great experience with castles that the gate would be to the opposite side of keep and was right. Yet just as he turned the corner to bring the gates in sight, he was struck with an annoying realization - he had triggered a trap. Runes and figures of enchantment became apparent as an entire wall of magical enchantment shimmered into existence. Then the wall collapsed, freeing the runes, which descended upon Doctor. They attached themselves to his arms and throat, burning brightly with magical light. As he tried to form the symbols for magic with his hands they somehow jumbled, unable to reach the symbols. As temporal mage tried to speak the words of magic they left his mouth garbled and twisted. The runes faded quickly, it was only a few minutes before Doctor regained his ability to cast magic. Yet there could be more terrible traps ahead, and he had to be careful.

Meanwhile...

"AHA" exclaimed Jace, and he certainly had a reason to be happy. From the rocks from which he had pulled the sword he had pulled out a reassure throve of shards. Strangely enough, he had found no corpse, yet one shouldn't look gifted horse in the teeth. Jace certainly didn’t, losing one hand to wielding the blade made further excavation considerably more difficult and he was grateful for not needing to dig up and search a corpse. Crimson too busy fixing up his own arm to be of any help, yet aethermancer had to admit, he did a good job of it. Where metal ended the strange color of solid force began, forming what was missing and ending in a fearsome claw.

"Yeah! 'Xactly like that. I'm more of tha former, ta be honest. Killin someone without even lookin' 'em in tha eye doesn't sit all tha well with me. 'Nless, o'course, they're posin a huge problem n' I'm liable to get killed. Tha' dragon over there, for example? 'E strikes me as a bit too dangerous to live and let live. I think 'e's gonna try and kill us all, and 'e's succeedin so far.

Ya old cap'in sounds like a good one. Smart, wise, 'n clever. Ya new one's complainin' 'bout havin' to dig up the helm, of all things? I could get maybe once or twice, but constantly? 'Aybe I'm a bit too 'onorable, but 'at seems in bad taste. 'T's bad luck to insult the dead, e'en indirectly."

Make 2 more essences. Chatin' with the goblin.

"Capt'n always said that you have to make an example sometimes before stabbing someone in the stomach. Pretty much the only time we ever saw him attacking from the front. He holds the record for staying in charge the longest for this whole century you know. Could had gone for best ever, but.. well. I should probably go though. Can't let sergeant think I'm slacking off now. Bye" And so the goblin hurried off. Yet from how the goblin held his hand on the blade handle the whole way back, Gambler could not help but wonder if he had offended the goblin in some way.

Spectate the fight between NAV and the dragon. Make popcorn two essences.

Marcus turned his gaze towards the lake over which James and Dragon had fought. It was very nice of them to take to the air, this way even those who knew where the safe distance was could enjoy the battle.

STILL SIT THE MUCK AROUND AND MAKE ESSENCES WHILE WATCHING THE CHAOS!!!

Romanticarnus continued with his preparations. It seemed like there was a crowd gathering to watch the battle from near the portal. Did he attract this whole company of creeps?

Summon around me a flying vehicle designed to fight dragons, armed with a flamethrower, and immune to cold using all non-chaos summoning essences.

James fell, his mind locked in place by fear, unable to act. Just as he finally proceed the need to regain flight and capability to fight the Dragon, the very same beast in question slammed in falling mage with its head, adding to the speed of the fall. To a sideline observer it would had seemed that James' fall was cushioned by falling into water, but this could not had been further away from the truth. At such speed, at the point of impact the water could have as well been solid rock for all that mattered to James. The collision had knocked air out of his lungs and shoved adamantine backpack into him. The armor protected from sharp pieces that escaped the contraption, yet the blunt force was still enough to crush flesh enough to draw blood. Yet the extremely light armor and jetpack acted as floaters, allowing James to stay above water while he recovered from dazing pain.

Make three more essences. They might be needed in interactions with this alcohol mage.

Viznor observed the alcohol mage with great curiosity, as he had returned and turned methanol near the curious treehouse into syrup. All while still completely ignoring him. Certainly had been sampling his products, this was a man currently incapable to focus on more than one thing.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:34:49 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 91 Of traps and summons
« Reply #2052 on: June 14, 2015, 07:26:34 pm »

"Ah... greetings? What is your name and what would you bee thinking about the power of bees, which I wield?"

Four bees essences. Speak with the elf.

((I'm going to be temporarily leaving the forums in a few days, so I'll try to get a flowchart up before then.))

((I don't think that I am James.))
Generic Arms Race.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: June 14, 2015, 08:01:41 pm »

send message to ice asking if she wants her book back, if so, take it to the portal for her. afterwards, fly back here.

excellent...hehehehhe soon....

if she does not want it back, or if I have time make 3 essences
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: June 14, 2015, 09:28:05 pm »

((Hey DG, what happened to the two thirds of my action I PMed?))

"We can't catch a break. Looks like we have company, Crimson."

If not attacked, make 2 essences. If attacked, do a thing.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:32:03 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 506