Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180451 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 91 Of traps and summons
« Reply #2070 on: June 17, 2015, 07:44:22 pm »

Turn 92

"Ah... greetings? What is your name and what would you bee thinking about the power of bees, which I wield?"

Four bees essences. Speak with the elf.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jonas felt that if he had to listen to the elf any longer he would stab the bastard with his own sword. This had to stop. Shutting up the elf by closing his mouth with a hand, Jonas informed the elf about his magic with as few words as he could. Even thoughts about extending his own sentences sent foul taste in his mouth. Only after the elf began turning blue did Jonas remove his hand, and true to his hopes, elf decided to spend next few second breathing instead of speaking. Then he starts speaking again "Bees are nice of course. They make more beautiful flowers for creatures of nature to enjoy. They also make delicious honey. Oh, how many ways do I know how to use their products. Mixing delightful flowers and honey to make delightful teas, delicious honneycackes, and candy, can't forget candy. Also..." Well, on the plus side, he likes bees.

send message to ice asking if she wants her book back, if so, take it to the portal for her. afterwards, fly back here.

excellent...hehehehhe soon....

if she does not want it back, or if I have time make 3 essences

It seems that Ice had already read the book and did not need it anymore. Flare put away the communicator. That would save him the time of going back to the portal and figuring out how to undo enchantments that lasted millennia’s. How convenient.

((Hey DG, what happened to the two thirds of my action I PMed?))

"We can't catch a break. Looks like we have company, Crimson."

If not attacked, make 2 essences. If attacked, do a thing.
"Well, whoever our company is, I can clearly hear him here."

In case someone tries to attack us, retaliate with a force spear attack enhanced with magic. Or if no one does, then create more essences.

Crimson and Jace listened in, waiting for the one that had set off the trap to come in. Yet the attacker never did, so the due returned to what they had been doing. Jace began meditating while Crimson attempted to craft some sort of armor for himself. Much to his disappointment however, the result was a large plate of solid force. Using his solid force arm he could manipulate it like a shield, yet this was not what he had been looking for.

Meanwhile...

"Bloody hell, what was that?! Whoever wants the treasure here means business and probably has it by now, not to mention he likely heard that! I gotta get out of here!"
Run away back the way I came, then go north after clearing the castle. Cast a ranged time slow field around any pursuer's leg/dominant moving apparatus if any are seen. If spell is not cast create two time essences.

Doctor was tacticly retreating away from the castle gate. The guys inside seemed to be prepared. the fractures and scatered stones seemed fresh too. Discretion was the better part of valor anyways.

So do you think you can do it?

Make 2 essences

Dwen had finished conversing with Viznor, an alliance, at least a temporary one, had been forged. Of course, in conditions such as these an alliance meant nothing more than an agreement not to kill each other right now. Yet Dwens' question would remain unanswered for now, as Viznor was far too busy casting.

MOAR POWAH
Three more essences,still leeching.

Harden was having a good time, the power he had managed to drain would give him enough of an advantage to defeat other mages that had entered the island. Yet just as he finished his last essence, Harden realized his folly. Line between space outside and air inside began fluctuating, bending and collapsing. It had all the marks of something going real bad real soon.

Make the dragon believe that NAV is dead (two essences). Make another essence.

I expect to be paid handsomely for my help, NAV. Unless, of course, you wish for me to aid the dragon.

{You do know that essences may differ from one another?}

Helping those who are in power to stay in power is rarely a bad idea on a personal level. Oh sure, there might be an evil regime that you sustain, but it was rarely bad for the helper. Marcus operated on two assumptions, second already mentioned and second being that James had great power. He was not wrong, yet gratitude was unpredictable. For all intents and purposes mindshaper was operating on a chance. Time would tell if it was worth it.

Summon around me a flying vehicle designed to fight dragons, armed with a flamethrower, and immune to cold using all non-chaos summoning essences.
Try again.

Oh, and even if that doesn't work get out of the water. Being in water is bad when I'm fighting an ice dragon.
If I get even more injured before I can summon the dragonfightercraft, then heal myself instead with my +2/+2 healing essence. Don't die.

CMP [2+8+2+3+1+1-5=12]
POT [6+8+4+8+1+1=28]

James noticed that dragon, circling overhead and diving for a finishing blow, suddenly stopped and looked towards the forest he had grown. It only lasted a moment but it was enough for James to recover enough to cast spells of his own. A jet fighter formed around him with complex set of hybridized wheels to make it able to lift of from anywhere. Not quite as sophisticated as the mech, but it was no worse armed. Some of the information tags on the rockets seemed too absurd to believe.
{Jet stats STR - DEX 1 SPD 9 END 1}

2 Essences

Gambler waited a minute to see if goblin would return with a few friends. He didn’t. Paranoia sated, Gambler returned to his meditation.

MOAR ESSENSES!!!!!!

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [3]
POT [5]

The mage fighting the dragon summoned a winged machine Romanticarnus barely recognized. It had wings like atmosphere craft, yet it had strange shape and hardly any armor. Did he really intend to battle in that?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

@H4zardZ1 you indeed have another statpoint. Assign it, and I'll add you. As for instakil, it was voted to remove it, thus no real autoincapacitate is needed.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 92 Of shatered space and birds of steel
« Reply #2071 on: June 17, 2015, 08:03:16 pm »

NAV, you're welcome. Also, yes, I do know that essences have different types. By default, I'd like to use 1/1 essences.

Make two more essences.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 17, 2015, 08:35:32 pm »

((I edited my sheet, assigning one stat point for 4 POT.))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:30:52 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: June 17, 2015, 09:48:44 pm »

Now then, make a small ball with a dip in one side. Dip should create a stream of fire from it when mana is applied. Use 3 essences
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: June 17, 2015, 09:52:13 pm »

((Oh goody, some crazy spacial madness! And a fighter jet!))

"Well, that sure didn't work out. Hmm. Perhaps I could prepare for the future?"
Search around for an orb- or rod-shaped object, preferably of decent quality. Attempting to draw power from the ambient passage of time, 3 essences. If no malign events occur, end turn by meditating thinking about timey-whimey stuff.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:00:05 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: June 17, 2015, 11:27:02 pm »

"By merlins bloody BOLLOCKS!"
Time to go to the dragon then
I am a Goober.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: June 18, 2015, 12:19:18 am »

"Thank you whoever caused that distraction! Now it's time to bring down that dragon."

Get this fighter in the air and intercept that dragon. Incinerate it with the flamethrower.
Oh, and heal myself if I can find the time.

((Does the ship's 9 speed also add +2 dexterity like it would for a character?))

NAV, you're welcome. Also, yes, I do know that essences have different types. By default, I'd like to use 1/1 essences.

Make two more essences.
Thanks, you really saved my butt there. I'll make sure it was well worth it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 18, 2015, 04:55:41 am »

((Could i still change my Affinity? If yes, make my Affinity electricity instead.))
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: June 18, 2015, 10:21:25 am »

"Thank you whoever caused that distraction! Now it's time to bring down that dragon."
((Does the ship's 9 speed also add +2 dexterity like it would for a character?))[/b]

((No. Jet is very fast, but if you try to pull some sharp turns it will be torn apart by g forces.))

((Could i still change my Affinity? If yes, make my Affinity electricity instead.))

((You will enter the island on next turn with electricity as your afinity. You may post an action and it will be done on the turn of your entering.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 18, 2015, 10:23:03 am »

Go South, make 2 electric essences.
((Is the grey hexes some unexplored lands?))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:27:16 am by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: June 18, 2015, 11:06:32 am »

Go South, make 2 electric essences.
((Is the grey hexes some unexplored lands?))

((Due to using demo version of hexographer, I need to redraw the map every time I use it. So I created a map and them modified it with Paint for evry turn that does not involve geographical changes. At one point, I had to redraw map quite offten, made a mistake ant then was too lazy to fix it ever since. The gray hexes are more space.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: June 18, 2015, 10:24:58 pm »

((So it is some rocky high flatlands.. Heh.
Are ppl PMing their turns, people can't post here or it's just me?))
((Edit: Electricity + Weather(*Turn being used)= Mayhem))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:43:55 am by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: June 18, 2015, 11:12:38 pm »

"... One more time."

Leave the shield be. Try to create new body armor using force created from my force spear (-1 solid). Create Explosion essence after attempt.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: June 19, 2015, 03:01:20 pm »

The Gambler uses all non-chaotic essences to make himself permanently have better luck in regards to spellcasting.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:57:56 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: June 19, 2015, 09:42:10 pm »

The Gambler uses all essences to make himself permanently have better luck in regards to spellcasting.
((Is this supposed to be "more likely to roll 5 on CMP" or "+ to LUCK roll when applicable"?))
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 506