Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163992 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 92 Of shatered space and birds of steel
« Reply #2085 on: June 19, 2015, 09:57:43 pm »

The Gambler uses all essences to make himself permanently have better luck in regards to spellcasting.
((Is this supposed to be "more likely to roll 5 on CMP" or "+ to LUCK roll when applicable"?))
((Well, you don't use LUCK for casting spells, do ya? :P))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:02:31 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: June 19, 2015, 09:58:00 pm »

Two more aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: June 19, 2015, 10:26:37 pm »

The Gambler uses all essences to make himself permanently have better luck in regards to spellcasting.
((Is this supposed to be "more likely to roll 5 on CMP" or "+ to LUCK roll when applicable"?))

I'm guessing it's the first. Spellcasting rarely involves a d10 luck roll.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: June 20, 2015, 01:21:39 am »

((Should i do the map? :P))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: June 20, 2015, 01:22:14 am »

I'm guessing it's the first. Spellcasting rarely involves a d10 luck roll.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Well, except my spells when used on players, but I think that that's a luck roll on their part, not mine.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: June 20, 2015, 09:24:12 am »

((Quite a few of my summoning spells have used luck.)))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: June 20, 2015, 09:52:36 am »

((Either way, it's going to be a benefit considering my affinity. I foresee all my offensive spells having a luck roll, so if it only benefits that, that'd be fine.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: June 20, 2015, 05:22:37 pm »

So knoweledge Mage, do you have a name because I don't think I asked you it, what do you know

Make 3 essences

((I will be unable to connect to the Internet for a week starting Sunday afternoon so I will continue making 2 essences per update till I get back, Whisperling, I will give you the items I promised when I get back or when I get the info whichever comes later))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:24:21 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: June 20, 2015, 05:39:57 pm »

((is my flowchart valid for game?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: June 20, 2015, 06:40:00 pm »

((is my flowchart valid for game?))

((It is less flowchart and more a set of instructions, but yes.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: June 20, 2015, 10:05:49 pm »

"My name is Viznor."

With that said, the mage resumed his meditation, creating three more essences.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: June 20, 2015, 10:24:16 pm »

(Cyan with black glow)
"Hi, my name is Dest Eterna."
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: June 21, 2015, 07:47:09 pm »

Turn 93

NAV, you're welcome. Also, yes, I do know that essences have different types. By default, I'd like to use 1/1 essences.

Make two more essences.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that was enough, thought Marcus. James was powerful, he only needed a chance. Yet that chance was as valuable as a philosopher’s stone to James. And Marcus was planning to milk that favor for all he could. Simple rule of merchants of favors - help those in need and take when they can give. A time consuming craft, yet nothing else could yield such profits.

Now then, make a small ball with a dip in one side. Dip should create a stream of fire from it when mana is applied. Use 3 essences

Flare decided to experiment a bit. With no real method thought out he chose a goal and moved towards it. The first attempt did not go too well, air fizzled yet nothing else happened

"Well, that sure didn't work out. Hmm. Perhaps I could prepare for the future?"
Search around for an orb- or rod-shaped object, preferably of decent quality. Attempting to draw power from the ambient passage of time, 3 essences. If no malign events occur, end turn by meditating thinking about timey-whimey stuff.

Doctor looked around for a nondescript orb, and soon found that he was lucky. A gold sphere, possibly thrown here by the blast that turned the keep to rubble. The time currents were peaceful around here, easily yielding to manipulations by the time mage. It seemed almost strange to be so lucky, so Doctor spent a bit of time thinking if this could be due to him from the future manipulating the past. If it was, future doctor had gotten really good at not agitating the time currents..

"By merlins bloody BOLLOCKS!"
Time to go to the dragon then

Harden left the increasingly dangerous looking schism in the magic that kept the island habitable and moved out towards the dragon. From the two it seemed like the less dangerous options. Yet Harden did not travel far before beginning to think if he wanted to try going through the forest or not. With a frightful shredding noise, the glass and salt field he had just left was being powderized to the point of floating in heavy white clouds. Time to decide how to go.

"Thank you whoever caused that distraction! Now it's time to bring down that dragon."

Get this fighter in the air and intercept that dragon. Incinerate it with the flamethrower.
Oh, and heal myself if I can find the time.

Dragon did not like the newly apeared object in the lake one bit. While James tried to figure out the buttons the dragon began diving. While James dealt with system lock for not puting on the seatbelt dragon opened its maw. Just as James was finaly ready to move, breath of frost impacted the jet, freezing outer armor layers and turning nearby water to ice. Yet automatic systems registered the lockup, ejected stuck parts, and sent the plane flying forwards. The speed was too great for Dragon to react, allowing James to rise to proper height. Finaly, the "shit, damn, work you acursed thing" hadd passed, and James was now in position to counter attack. While he made a wide turn as not to strain the plane too much, he healed some of the wounds on his back. Damn, did that fall hurt.
{Landing gear lost}

"... One more time."

Leave the shield be. Try to create new body armor using force created from my force spear (-1 solid). Create Explosion essence after attempt.
Two more aether essences.

Jace was peacefully meditating, but Crimson was too busy to join his friend just yet. From his spear he coaxed a bit of solid force, and from that force he formed a helmet. The plan was to create a breastplate, yet he saw from the start that force summoned was not enough for that. Yet it was still a success, albeit a minor one.

The Gambler uses all non-chaotic essences to make himself permanently have better luck in regards to spellcasting.

Another enchantment left Gamblers hands, binding strands of fate to the mage. Another step towards dominating destiny to a favorable path. Even though he was left with barely any collected power, yet now he would be able to avoid any annoying consequences of risks when casting.
{Additional +1 LUCK when casting}

So knoweledge Mage, do you have a name because I don't think I asked you it, what do you know

Make 3 essences

Dwen had pushed his power a bit further, and mere blink of distraction collapsed essence he was creating. The magic exploded around him, yet it was weak. Within seconds, Dwen felt a bit dizzy, as if he had downed a pint of beer. Not a problem just yet, although it could compound later into a problem.

"My name is Viznor."

With that said, the mage resumed his meditation, creating three more essences.

Viznor resumed meditation; the alcohol mage was beyond the scope of his goals now. There was a flash from somewhere towards Dwen which felt somewhat like smell of beer, but that was irrelevant.

Quote from: FalacyOfUrist
Chart

Jonas continued his meditations. Yet one of his essences, collapsed, releasing a single angry bee. It stung Jonas, yet he was quite used to this from the days he had only begun learning his art. Deep in his meditation, Jonas barely noticed the event.

Go South, make 2 electric essences.

"Another one into the meat grinder" chanted mages surrounding the portal as it flared up again. From it, Dest Eterna, mage of shocking power and electric personality. Giving a greeting to the surrounding mages, he headed southwards, reaching as far as the edge of barren hills that marked the edge of the wall.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:46:39 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 93 Of thunder and fortune
« Reply #2098 on: June 21, 2015, 08:03:28 pm »

Use two essences to make the dragon believe that NAV had jumped out of the plane. Make another essence.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 93 Of thunder and fortune
« Reply #2099 on: June 21, 2015, 08:09:12 pm »

try again, I need it for my...project
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 506