Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1178231 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2014, 08:05:33 pm »

Sprint back to base, stand in David's protection rune. Give Leo and his pet rapid uncontrolled mitosis(Ranged). Use the staff of power.
this will likely be a backup in case bargaining doesn't work right? Also does summoning cover inanimate objects?
Bargaining? Bargaining? You mock me.
No I don't it's two against one. I can make traps and NAV can seal your thought with scar tissue. We simply. Choose not to and instead became profiteers we would be more than willing to sell you wands but if you attack us chances are one of us will kill you.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2014, 08:09:13 pm »

Sprint back to base, stand in David's protection rune. Give Leo and his pet rapid uncontrolled mitosis(Ranged). Use the staff of power.
this will likely be a backup in case bargaining doesn't work right? Also does summoning cover inanimate objects?
Bargaining? Bargaining? You mock me.
No I don't it's two against one. I can make traps and NAV can seal your thought with scar tissue. We simply. Choose not to and instead became profiteers we would be more than willing to sell you wands but if you attack us chances are one of us will kill you.
Two against two, actually. You forgot my fox. Who is an ancient fire god. Yeah, you'll probably beat us, but hey! then I get to make a new character who's affinity is magma (or rock), a much more useful substance.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 11, 2014, 08:44:59 pm »

Whaz looked at magnificent guardian, summoned by the power of shards, and nodded to himself.

"Defend me from all these insolent mages until I say otherwise."

He made a gesture in general direction of fire-clawed one, not actually seeing him from his spot.

Take my time to study axe stuck in my body. Can it be removed without grievous wounding?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2014, 04:48:54 pm »

Turn 10
___________________________________________________________________________________

Magic the vines to root into my skin instead of the ground, giving me vine limbs.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [2]

Isaac tried to make the best of the situation, but vines barely moved. While, it could had been much worse, lack of progress was also a problem.

((Just a heads up, my character sheet says I have 5 shards, but I thought I used them to activate the portal.))

Third times the charm, right? Summon something that will let me fly (-1) out of solid (-1) Aether.

CMP [1-1=0]
POT [3+1=4]

Jase chose to return back to what he knew and mix it with what he had just learned. As he started the spell, he immedietly felt that something was wrong. Jase felt as if his heart had  stopped, as if his mind was torn away from his body, as if he had died and then in a second it passed. With horror, Jase realised that he had boched the spell so hard that his soul almost flew out of his body.

Blast whoever I find with a fireball, using Ranged and Summon. Also use 3 shards on the fireball, so I don't just kill myself. Then get Irus to finish the person off.
"James! Get your ass back here and save me from this lunatic! Come on guy. I'll give you a fifty percent discount on a wand of holding."
Runes of Protection -1

SPD [3]
CMP [6]
POT [4]

SPD [2]
CMP [4]
POT [6]

SPD [1-1=0]

SPD [1]
CMP [5]
POT [6+1+1=8]

Leo acompanied by a firefox with a god complex, found themselfes on an edge of a pit. Inside the pit, they found a tall sly looking man, who was rather dizzy from a fall just moments before. Not being one to refuse such an opportunity, Leo conjured a large fireball of intence heat, it was so hot that it actualy singed Leo's fingers. With a roar his mighty spell flew forth, burning the man in the pit severely. When flames finaly subsided, most of David's clothes were burnt off, revealing masive paches of seared flesh. But it was not yet over, as Irus breathed out a whole cloud of flame upon the unlucky runemage. Fire was still burning in the pit when firefox jumped over it and snached the soul of unfortunate mage.

James had walked quite a way from where he had set up camp with David, and it was a factor that cost him dearly. He ran as fast as he could when he heard David call for help, but the distance was too great. When James finnaly arived at the campsite, David was lost in a pit of fire. "You bastard" he shouted towards Leo, "I will kill you for this, and it will not be quick"
With that, he forged a mighty spell and sent it down offending pyromages throath. Cancerous growth sprawled over entire breathing system of Leo's, cuting off both his ability to breathe and his ability to speak. Despite what thet healer had promised, Leo felt that he had five minutes of life left, at best.
Suffocating {2}

kill Umbral Mage before his minion can kill me.  By incinerating him with a touch.

That shouldn't use any modifiers, should it?  Because my hands are made of fire, and it's a touch attack.
Whaz looked at magnificent guardian, summoned by the power of shards, and nodded to himself.

"Defend me from all these insolent mages until I say otherwise."

He made a gesture in general direction of fire-clawed one, not actually seeing him from his spot.

Take my time to study axe stuck in my body. Can it be removed without grievous wounding?

SPD [3]
DEX [1]
END [1]

SPD [2+1=3]

SPD [5+1=6]
STR [5+1=6]

The naga was first to jump to action, charging at Ryan, her muscular tail allowing her great speed even on solid land. Ryan, with his attention split betwen weaving a spell, observing the shadow mage and marveling at the mighty creature that was summoned, barely even registered that the fearsome warrior was charging at him. Indeed, the movement of a snake is far more quiet than human steps and thus, Ryan's attention was focused once again, this time on six swords that had pierced his chest. He was dead before sliding off the blades and hitting the ground.

Whaz, seemingly entirely uninterested in murder that was happening around him, examined the axe that was stuck in his chest. It was stuch firmly and hurt quite a bit, but if it had pierced any important veins or arteries he would had likely bled out by now. Pulling the axe out however, would be a difficult task, not aided in the slightest by the likely pain that would come with the procedure.

Continue on my trek to the south.

SPD [(3)/2+1=2.5]

Crimson, entirely oblivious to the battles that raged, continued his treck south. While Leaving forrest behind was a welcome change of pace, Crimson was rather surprised by the severe lack of mountains towards where he was going. Had he goten himself lost when traversing the forest paths? Where he expected to see a mountain range there was but a single mountain with a few trees on it. As Crimson pressed forward, more abnormalities became know. There were fields of white... something? It did not feel cold even at this distace, making snow variant quite unlikely. And beyond the fields was a land of sickly purple. Crimson stoped to rest on a hill before proceding further.

_________________________________________________________________________________

RNGesus was fickle and cruel today. Seems that Whaz is favored by RNG, but will it last?

Also, I added minnion stats to char sheet.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2014, 05:56:44 pm »

((Ha! Try to fire your way out of this one ya dingus! Can I just use the same character and be put on the waitlist?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2014, 06:32:56 pm »

((Ha! Try to fire your way out of this one ya dingus! Can I just use the same character and be put on the waitlist?))

There is no waitlist, so you'd get right in the game. You can, but your previous character has failed you. Are you certain that another one will fare any better?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2014, 07:36:59 pm »

Try again! And if I see anyone, trap them in the grasses and hide in the vines.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:41:23 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2014, 07:46:34 pm »

Let's try that one more time, but with regular aether.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:47:06 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2014, 09:00:05 pm »

There is no waitlist, so you'd get right in the game. You can, but your previous character has failed you. Are you certain that another one will fare any better?
Yes! And can we say that I had a fail safe so it's literally a clone with my memories?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2014, 10:22:12 pm »

Name: Rohan Moore
Affinity: chemical reactions
STR: 4
DEX: 0
SPD: 4
END: 0
POT: 0

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2014, 10:29:27 pm »

Cast the exact same spell on the firefox.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2014, 10:47:12 pm »

"What the heck is this?"

Move towards the purple area, cautious of my surroundings.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2014, 11:04:05 pm »

"What the heck is this?"

Move towards the purple area, cautious of my surroundings.
((Watch out for the grass. It might be carnivorous.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2014, 01:18:14 am »

((The question: can I use soul shards and/or environment/magic to improve my guardian stats? Also, I still had 2 shards left (spending 13 of them)... If Kirby spent nothing, of course, which I'll check now.))

((Changed color after you, it's more suitable for reading.))

"I'm greatly pleased. Indeed, had I not summoned you, it may have ended for me... Now, with enemies gone, and strife ahead, it's time to properly introduce myself. I'm Whaz the Gloomy, mage of Darkness and the newest ruler of this castle. How do I call you?"

(After introductions)
"I'm thinking now of securing this place under my will. Your presence would help - go and check the gates, before any other mages infiltrate. And they would, eventually. If there would be nothing of note, close the gate and return."

((I haven't found modifier, but I think it won't cost much. Thanks.))
Make my sternum axe ethereal. And get it out.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:23:17 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2014, 02:26:39 am »

Yes! And can we say that I had a fail safe so it's literally a clone with my memories?
It is an interesting point... We collect souls here. So, does clone have a soul? I think he does not. Especially considering only soul of a mage counts.

DreamerGhost, as you said in introduction, "Dying breath of a mage can be crystalized, their power and skill traped in a physical container". Well, magical minions do have powers - although not as great as those of mages. Do we receive anything from killing them?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 506