Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181564 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 93 Of thunder and fortune
« Reply #2115 on: June 24, 2015, 05:16:00 pm »

(why did my device not et essnces bonus)
((I keep telling myself that I will stop updating at 2 am. Yet I keep doing it.))

Addit: ((Actualy, you have 3 +1POT essences and 1 +1/+1 essence. Which ones will you use?))

2 +1 pot and 1 +1/+1
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: June 24, 2015, 05:18:51 pm »

(why did my device not et essnces bonus)
((I keep telling myself that I will stop updating at 2 am. Yet I keep doing it.))

Addit: ((Actualy, you have 3 +1POT essences and 1 +1/+1 essence. Which ones will you use?))

2 +1 pot and 1 +1/+1

It fails horribly due to having whole 3 CMP. You create ball that becomes hotter as you pour power into it. I am wrriting a turn right now, what will your action be?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: June 24, 2015, 08:01:32 pm »

Turn 94

Gain altitude, try to get a height advantage on the dragon. Fly in front of the sun as a trick to blind my opponent, then swoop down from above and incinerate it with the flamethrower.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For all its lack of maneuverability, jet was fiendishly fast. James left dragon far behind according to the radar, both in raw distance and altitude. Positioning between dragon and sun proved a bit more difficult, but nothing he couldn't handle. With full speed, James moved forwards, seeing dragon move towards him. Yet as distance decreased, Dragon did not change his movements. James smiled, realizing that dragon was blinded by the sun and was relying more on chance than anything to hit him. This suited healer just fine, as he activated and aimed the flamethrower.  It was not the best weapon moving at such speed, but sticky napalm would be perfect if only he could hit it. Just before the two reached attack distance, however, dragon suddenly dived for seemingly no reason. Napalm spilled across its back, especially over its wings, and it was now dragon’s time to fall down uncontrollably.
{Dragon flight disabled}

Use two essences to make the dragon believe that NAV had jumped out of the plane. Make another essence.

Marcus was looking from a safe distance at the falling dragon. The spell had worked, his magic only held out seconds within the dragons mind, but that was enough in such combat. The dragon had little hope to succeed now, yet James did not look like he was getting down anytime soon. Would dragon attempt his futile battle, or would it go after someone else? Maybe this was not a safe distance after all...

try again, I need it for my...project

Flare had learned from his previous mistake. Now he forged onwards with purpose and a plan. Between his hands formed a ball of iron with a hole on one side. Flare tested it out and a little flame extended from the hole. All seemed to be working.

Go east, to the Castle. 2 Electric Essences.

Eterna, taking an indirect route, moved on towards the castle. He seemed to be in a rush for some reason, jogging towards the castle gates at great speed. Soon, castle gates emerged before him. Inside there were two mages, meditating.

Meditate. 3 Essences.

There were none to worry him. Even dragon was too far to come to harm gambler unnoticed. Especially now, as it had lost its wings, and with them, a great deal of mobility. There was only Gambler, his plans and all the time in the universe.

"Interesting indeed! The power of time is immeasurable yet malleable..."
Again drawing from the ambient passage of time 3 essences. Meditate thinking on the relationship between time and space.

Doctor was having a great time exploring the streams of time. It was rare to find a time stream so free of meddling, with not a single paradox nor loop. It was so easy to draw upon the power, to bend temporal currents to his will. If this continued, he was certain to come out on top. Why, it would even be triv...
Rewind.
Doctor could feel he was in the "future". Just as people who navigate the land with no devices offend become capable of instinctively sensing north, so did Doctor instinctively feel "when" he was. And this was not right. The currents had pushed him forwards, yet the power he had gained was sent backwards to the point when time began. Temporal mage shuddered thinking what would had happened if there wasn't a convenient split between his essences and himself.

enough. Tap the life force of the Eternal Swarm to boost my essence making power. Make 3 essences.

Jonas decided that it was time to see if the Great Swarm existed on this world. It would had only made sense for it to do, as Great Swarm was one of the embodiments of life, and the world was plenty alive, at least judging from all the plants. To his relief, Jonas' call was answered, and his magic empowered. After Jonas had finished casting he could still feel the sweet smell of honey.

"... Last try."
Again. Another attempt with my force spear (-1 solid). After the attempt, try and create two force essences.
Two more aether essences.

Crimson decided to go for one last try before stopping. The reality seemed to think that helmet should had been the stopping point, as when Crimson conjured a large ball of force from his spear; it exploded violently, sending dust flying everywhere. Yet it was only dust that was moved, as Force mages heavy metallic body kept him in place. Giving up on armor for now, Crimson joined Jace in meditation.

Viznor whispers something in Dwen's ear, then takes the alcohol mage's five shards and magic bow.

Afterwards, he heads for the salt fields, making three essences as he walks.

With his newfound profits in hand, Wiznor moved off onwards the salt fields in the far southwest. He moved cautiously, for the battle in the skies seemed rather dangerous, and unpredictable. Even if neither combatant attacked him directly, there could be some fallout from their strikes, and dragons breath was fearsome weapon enough to not want to try it out on own skin. Yet the reason for slow travel quickly changed from caution to amazement, as dragon fell near the lake, its wings torn and burned into uselessness.

Make 3 essences while going to dragonboi/gurl

Harden felt that he did not have much time to think about this. He rushed forwards, caring not whether he ran through thicket of trees of shrubby grassland. He reached the edge of a lake just in time to see dragon falling on the other shore. This seemed like a chance to score big if he had ever seen one, thought spatial mage while grinning.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:59:26 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 94 The bigger they are...
« Reply #2118 on: June 24, 2015, 08:47:59 pm »

that should do it..............

create 3 essences
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: June 24, 2015, 08:48:37 pm »

((Yep. I probably should have waited until he returned, but it seemed to be a bit of a waste to stand there doing nothing.))

((On a side note, what happened to my movement and essences?))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: June 24, 2015, 09:49:18 pm »

"It seems we have more company, Crimson." Jase notes, cracking an eye open and breaking his meditation for the moment.

"What is your purpose here, mage?" Jase calls out to the new arrival (Eterna).

Two more essences.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:49:24 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: June 25, 2015, 12:32:05 am »

"I'm going here because i want to do something inside the castle. Don't worry, i won't hurt both of you."
Go inside (explore if already inside) the castle, 2 Essences. Unless someone wants help.
"If any of you want my help, just tell me."
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: June 25, 2015, 12:52:33 am »

Magmaholic, this is your first and final warning. Do not get any closer to the dragon, or NAV and I will destroy you on sight. We will not tolerate kill-stealers.

Pm'd action.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: June 25, 2015, 01:35:07 am »

"This is for Azenfar!"

Wait for the dragon to hit the ground, then spray more napalm at it.

Magmaholic, this is your first and final warning. Do not get any closer to the dragon, or NAV and I will destroy you on sight. We will not tolerate kill-stealers.

Pm'd action.
((Not true, I won't attack people for helping against the dragon.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: June 25, 2015, 05:08:07 am »

Little chuckle. 2 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: June 25, 2015, 06:05:23 am »

Pm`d action.
" .  n  . "
I am a Goober.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: June 25, 2015, 07:27:19 am »

((Yep. I probably should have waited until he returned, but it seemed to be a bit of a waste to stand there doing nothing.))

((On a side note, what happened to my movement and essences?))

((Well, on the offchance that Dwen objects, neither of those will happen. Same if he does not return and goes into auto.))

Pm`d action.
" .  n  . "

((Stilln waiting for the PM

Nevermind, you apparently sent it via email.))
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:30:21 am by DreamerGhost »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: June 25, 2015, 03:20:58 pm »

"Very good... I have plans now... I just hope..."

Preparations.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: June 26, 2015, 02:22:44 am »

Pm'd action.
((Not true, I won't attack people for helping against the dragon.))
He's not here to help. I know a kill-stealer when I see one. I might have let him "help" if he had a different affinity, but the teleportation affinity is made for this kind of thing.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: June 26, 2015, 05:25:45 am »

"Well... Do as you wish."

Create two force essences.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 506