Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181300 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 94 The bigger they are...
« Reply #2130 on: June 27, 2015, 12:42:05 am »

((Bump))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: June 27, 2015, 10:22:57 am »

((Bump))
((No need to bump, it updates fairly regularly on Wednesday and Sunday))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: June 27, 2015, 03:34:09 pm »

((Did my journey into the "future" do anything? What about the power that went "to the beginning of time?" There wasn't any affect on essence creation as far as I can tell.))

"Maybe I should be more careful when manipulating the timestream. This time, a neat toy!"
Enchant the gold orb with a double-speed time enhancement (holder moves twice as fast through time, physically and mentally). Use one +1POT, two +2CMP, and one non-chaotic +1/+2 essence. If successful, create an essence, then recuperate from casting and create two more essences.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:41:57 am by thegamemaster1234 »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 92 Of shatered space and birds of steel
« Reply #2133 on: June 27, 2015, 05:22:50 pm »

So knoweledge Mage, do you have a name because I don't think I asked you it, what do you know

Make 3 essences

((I will be unable to connect to the Internet for a week starting Sunday afternoon so I will continue making 2 essences per update till I get back, Whisperling, I will give you the items I promised when I get back or when I get the info whichever comes later))

((First this so I should have auto'd 2 essences on the turn I didn't post, or maybe I should have bolded it. Oh well.  Yes I did agree on those items for information.))

pm'd action
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 27, 2015, 06:26:35 pm »

((Did my journey into the "future" do anything? What about the power that went "to the beginning of time?" There wasn't any affect on essence creation as far as I can tell.))

"Maybe I should be more careful when manipulating the timestream. This time, a neat toy!"
Enchant the gold orb with a double-speed time enhancement (holder moves twice as fast through time, physically and mentally). Use one +1POT, two +2CMP, and one non-chaotic +1/+2 essence. If successful, create an essence, then recuperate from casting and create two more essences.
((I presume you realize that that's going to make you take actions 2x slower, not faster.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 27, 2015, 09:03:39 pm »

((I presume you realize that that's going to make you take actions 2x slower, not faster.))
((I think that's something for Dreamerghost to answer. It's a little difficult to tell whether time is entirely relative or entirely equal, or somewhere in between. By your logic my turns would last twice as slow alone but twice as fast whenever anyone else was near me, because time spent needs to be equal for all characters present. Otherwise I'd just oddly stop while the other guy(s) finish the second half of their actions.))

((The idea was for the orb to double my turns, but if it won't work that way, I'll change my action to something else.))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:06:01 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: June 28, 2015, 12:14:57 am »

((I think that's something for Dreamerghost to answer. It's a little difficult to tell whether time is entirely relative or entirely equal, or somewhere in between. By your logic my turns would last twice as slow alone but twice as fast whenever anyone else was near me, because time spent needs to be equal for all characters present. Otherwise I'd just oddly stop while the other guy(s) finish the second half of their actions.))

((The idea was for the orb to double my turns, but if it won't work that way, I'll change my action to something else.))
Just make it halve your speed through time instead, and it'll work fine.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: June 28, 2015, 08:40:44 am »

((Seems like we have different viewpoints on what the timestream does exactly. The orb is doubling MY time speed, which from my perspective HALVES the time speed of everything else. Think of it like bullet time, except half the speed of sound is still too fast to dodge bullets easily at close range.

Whether or not the orb presents the ability to take two turns in one is DreamerGhost's decision, but through common sense it SHOULD:
--Make me twice as fast relative to other people
--Make everything else twice as slow relative to myself))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: June 28, 2015, 09:11:39 am »

((And all of this could be so easily solved by "Make an orb which would change my time so that I'd get an extra turn." And then I would say "Hell no, that would be absurdly OP" and it would end there.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: June 28, 2015, 10:45:43 am »

((Edited my turn. Orb still has same enchantment, just no extra essence creation.

I kinda knew double turns would be asking for too much, heh.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: June 28, 2015, 03:30:13 pm »

Viznor continues walking towards the salt fields, creating three more essences as he goes.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: June 28, 2015, 04:00:17 pm »

((Seems like we have different viewpoints on what the timestream does exactly. The orb is doubling MY time speed, which from my perspective HALVES the time speed of everything else. Think of it like bullet time, except half the speed of sound is still too fast to dodge bullets easily at close range.

Whether or not the orb presents the ability to take two turns in one is DreamerGhost's decision, but through common sense it SHOULD:
--Make me twice as fast relative to other people
--Make everything else twice as slow relative to myself))
((The way I see it, a good physical analogue for this situation would be something akin to two cars (characters) heading for a cliff (the end of the turn). Both are going to go over -nothing can be done about that- , and both drivers can take a couple actions before they go over the edge. If one were to be going twice as fast, the driver in that car would only be able to take half as many actions as the person driving more slowly. Hence, in order to get more actions, you'd want to slow down your movement through time, not speed it up.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: June 28, 2015, 06:34:14 pm »

((Time and physics work differently. Say we have the two cars again, only this time one is at normal time speed and the other at double time speed. Both cars are initially at the same physical speed - only their movement through time is affected.

Therefore both drivers get the same amount of time to react relative to themselves, although the "slower" driver will percieve that the other is acting faster - though heading towards the cliff faster as well.

Change the situation to a game of chicken (battle), and the driver with a faster time speed will be able to dodge the incoming driver (attack) easier than the slower one, who perceives the other as arriving incredibly fast.

Note however that if the cars crashed the damage done would be odd because both cars are physically moving at the same speed relative to themselves; theoretically, damage would end up roughly equal on both sides because of speed relativity: the double-time car would slow down twice as fast.))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:51:36 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: June 28, 2015, 08:24:51 pm »

((Time and physics work differently. Say we have the two cars again, only this time one is at normal time speed and the other at double time speed. Both cars are initially at the same physical speed - only their movement through time is affected.

Therefore both drivers get the same amount of time to react relative to themselves, although the "slower" driver will percieve that the other is acting faster - though heading towards the cliff faster as well.

Change the situation to a game of chicken (battle), and the driver with a faster time speed will be able to dodge the incoming driver (attack) easier than the slower one, who perceives the other as arriving incredibly fast.

Note however that if the cars crashed the damage done would be odd because both cars are physically moving at the same speed relative to themselves; theoretically, damage would end up roughly equal on both sides because of speed relativity: the double-time car would slow down twice as fast.))
((The point remains, however. If you're moving twice as fast through time, you're going to reach future event X twice as quickly than if you were moving at a normal rate -There's still the exact same amount of 'timestuff' between you and your destination, so to speak- , which would manifest as your movements appearing twice as slowly as they normally would for those outside of the increased speed. I do agree about the collision, however. Your actions would carry the same impact as if you were moving at a normal rate, but they'd be slower.))
Spoiler: ((Example Timeline)) (click to show/hide)
((But perhaps I'm just failing at explaining my opinion.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: June 28, 2015, 08:35:21 pm »

Turn 95

that should do it..............

create 3 essences
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flare was recuperating after making his portable flamethrower, yet it would seem that he had reached too far whilst grabbing power. Essence exploded within his hands, draining metal from surrounding dirt into something more intricate. Within moment, the friction between particles of iron caused the metal cloud to melt into a glob, which then extended and reformed. Just as Flares reflexes kicked in telling that this absurdly fast process may be dangerous, the spell finished, leaving still glowing hot chainsaw.

"It seems we have more company, Crimson." Jase notes, cracking an eye open and breaking his meditation for the moment.

"What is your purpose here, mage?" Jase calls out to the new arrival (Eterna).

Two more essences.
"I'm going here because i want to do something inside the castle. Don't worry, i won't hurt both of you."
Go inside (explore if already inside) the castle, 2 Essences. Unless someone wants help.
"If any of you want my help, just tell me."
"Well... Do as you wish."

Create two force essences.

Trio of mages exchanged glances and greetings, yet neither Crimson nor Jace had any desire to stop the new arrival from exploring the ruined castle. They had the treasure they came here for, and if the newcomer did come upon some grand artefact, there was only one exit and it led through them. Though at the time it seemed that they did not need to guard the entrance too much, as Eterna was having a hard time finding a way in that did not open up to a dead-end of rubble.

Little chuckle. 2 essences.

Gambler continued casually watching the situation unfold near the lake. It would seem that the dragon problem was in the process of being taken care of. Jet flew over the dragon, still convulsing on the ground. Yet after the napalm hit, the dragon convulsed only a while longer before becoming completely still. Was it dead?

pm'd action

Dwen left the forest, not all too worried about items he had given away. His path was different form Viznors, the two seemingly after different goals. His path was shorter, yet he too stopped to gaze at the dragon. It seemed somewhat strangely still.

"This is for Azenfar!"

Wait for the dragon to hit the ground, then spray more napalm at it.

James took once again spun the jet around in a wide circle. Just as he had finished turning, the massive body of the dragon fell near the lake. It raised its head, in a vain attempt to defend from flamethrower with its own breath, yet it was futile. As dragon breathed the withe mist that could freeze oxygen, the plane was already good hundredth meters away, and flames were spreading over the dragon, melting scales and burning flesh underneath. Yet as James was halfway turned to make another turn, he noticed that dragon was not moving all too much. The flames had subsided, extinguished by absurdly cold blood, with only darkened patches left to show their passing. Something was off.

Doctor, inspired by his recent experiments with time, attempted to enchant the recently acquired golden orb. Yet the magic he chose was an extremely complex spell, far from something even a mage of his caliber could attempt unprepared. The result was rather amusing; the golden orb he had enchanted began moving, falling and rolling twice as fast. Not quite the desired effect, while amusing, it had little to no use.

Viznor continues walking towards the salt fields, creating three more essences as he goes.

Viznor rushed onwards. His goal was not yet even in sight, there was still a long path to cover. The dragon seemed to be taken care of at the moment which meant that any trouble he would meet would stem from colleagues. Other mages could be predictable. The dragons, were dangerous even in most favorable of circumstances.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 506