Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177840 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 95 ...The harder they fall
« Reply #2160 on: June 30, 2015, 11:54:44 pm »

I will change my turn into this:
Stay at castle gate, 3 Electric essences.
I want to create a solid electric chainmail. When should i do it? Also, you may find my electricity affinity useful.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: July 01, 2015, 02:10:52 am »

Watch the dragon carefully, keep the plane a safe distance away.
If this doesn't count as a combat turn then 3 summoning essences.

If you're idling, you might want to fix your landing gear (or summon new landing gear).

Also, you may find my electricity affinity useful.
That's a bad thing to say around someone with the "control" affinity (or anyone else who can easily control you). Luckily for you, electricity is only an average affinity, so you are not really worth the effort to control (yet).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: July 01, 2015, 02:16:27 am »

That's a bad thing to say around someone with the "control" affinity (or anyone else who can easily control you). Luckily for you, electricity is only an average affinity, so you are not really worth the effort to control (yet).
Should i tell you (and everyone here) something about electricity?
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: July 01, 2015, 02:19:30 am »

((You mean besides how you presumably want to eventually try and control somebody through manipulating the electrical impulses in their brain?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: July 01, 2015, 02:39:02 am »

((You mean besides how you presumably want to eventually try and control somebody through manipulating the electrical impulses in their brain?))
((Some others are electric pillar (lightning), and fire-electric weapons, through controlling is also correct(that's why i want to tell ATHATH something). Like fire, it's specific and vague at the same time, but it's beneficial to who know how to both use the "Vague" part and "Specific" part and use it accordingly. I could enchant things with electricity too, it's mostly a boon to choose something like electricity as they can be used to a LOT of things.))
I won't be hostile to anyone as long as they don't attack me.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: July 01, 2015, 08:44:24 am »

((Some others are electric pillar (lightning), and fire-electric weapons, through controlling is also correct(that's why i want to tell ATHATH something). Like fire, it's specific and vague at the same time, but it's beneficial to who know how to both use the "Vague" part and "Specific" part and use it accordingly. I could enchant things with electricity too, it's mostly a boon to choose something like electricity as they can be used to a LOT of things.))
I won't be hostile to anyone as long as they don't attack me.
And then you are fekd when your enemy is properly insulated and grounded.
I am a Goober.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: July 01, 2015, 10:06:41 am »

((Almost all kind of insulators are flammable(some are not, like vaccum)so i can just burn it with electric fire(it's ampere). As for the grounding, same solution:Fire.))
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:09:36 am by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: July 01, 2015, 01:58:24 pm »

Viznor continues his walk to the salt fields, making three more essences as he goes.

((I'm probably going to sound nasty here, but I'm getting fed up with the claims being made, and I think this needs to be said.))

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 01, 2015, 02:09:32 pm »

I second that.
I am a Goober.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 01, 2015, 03:29:28 pm »

((Third))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: July 01, 2015, 09:28:04 pm »

Turn 96

WHAAA! ........ahem yes well..... that was unexpected.....

while waiting for the saw to cool make three essences.....hopefully correctly this time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chainsaw cooled, as the grass around it withered from heat. Flare was meditating nearby, waiting and collecting power. The chainsaw could be useful, yet for now it would be plan B. The main idea was still very much in action.

2 More.

Gambler was still waiting, for a chance to act. He was also still observing the dragon, which still wasn't moving. This seemed entirely absurd, but had it died from wounds?

I will change my turn into this:
Stay at castle gate, 3 Electric essences.
I want to create a solid electric chainmail. When should i do it? Also, you may find my electricity affinity useful.

Annoyed by constant dead ends, Eterna did not even bother checking for alternative ways and sat down in an attempt to meditate. Yet he was so angry, that his magic capabilities were rendered almost useless which led to a meditation that was constantly interrupted by periods of kicking dirt furiously.

Pm`d action

Harden drained the power, drank of the mana that coursed through it, devouring it whole. Land around him froze as leftovers leaked, yet he was not concerned. The power was now his, it would not harm him. Those dwelling within the volcano, now that was another matter entirely. Whatever dwelled there was angry at being denied a meal, the whole moutain rumbled as whatever that was within raged.

pm'd action

Dwen continued on his path, searching for the power that should had been hidden here, It was not too long of a search, as numbers of various treant had been consistently increasing as brewer went further. Then, after getting through a few particularly thickly bound branches, he saw it. A pedestal of wood formed as a huge lotus with green orb hovering just a bit above the center. Several treants were nearby, seemingly guarding the place.

Watch the dragon carefully, keep the plane a safe distance away.
If this doesn't count as a combat turn then 3 summoning essences.

James flew another wide and careful circle around the dragon. It seemed that the beast was truly dead, yet there were several other theories of what could have been happening through healers head. he knew many methods of repairing a body, and few of them required semi-hibernation. Yet James train of thought was led astray as a blast of white and blue froze part of magma fields near the volcano.

Create three force essences.
Create 2 aether essences

Crimson and James watched as Eterna was kicking dirt, disappointed by lack of easy access. As electric mage finaly calmed down, eyes of mage duo met, and there was unspoken understanding between the two. Within their minds, there was the same word. "Amateurs".

Sounds like an interesting prospect, fellow Spacial Mage. Just don't accidentally wormhole either of us into the magma, eh?

Meet up with Harden at the lava fields, due north. Create three essences along the way. Study the enchantment on the orb and how to potentially improve its effects.

Doctor was no new guy to beings that would call themselves gods. Most of the time, they were rather unsympathetic individuals. All the sacrifices, smiting and general lack of decent manners. If there were any here, it would be his pleasure, nay, his duty to see if it needs to be punched in the face.

Viznor continues his walk to the salt fields, making three more essences as he goes.

The travel went well for Viznor, as he was able to clear both the distance and his quota of magic preserving. It was not too long before land beneath his feet changed from grass into powder of salt and glass which in turn changed to leathery grass. Yet just as Viznor stepped firmly on the alien landscape, essence he was crafting exploded, enveloping his mind in haze of information. A world of plants and animals, same as any other. Then came a horrible virus, which devoured and replaced, turning fields of land into fields of flesh. Then the Gardeners came, and set the entire field ablaze, pouring out endless streams of napalm. The land screamed in pain, and as Viznor came back to his senses, he realized that the scream was echoed by his. The field of flesh was here. It probably would be wise not to wait until the visit of Gardeners.
{Terror, 1/10 - Sane}

From the portal entered a new mage, a free soul that had found itself among those that were free to travel the skies - birds of all types and sizes. Known better as Sedna, he was favored among many druids and hunters for his skills, although many had difficulty reaching her favorite peaks where only the mightyest rulers of the skies gathered.

I'm catching myself doing updates later and later. So this sunday, I may post update four hours earlier than usual. As for the whole "Muh uber majiks", The one who can (eventualy) cast the most powerfull offencive spell that won't kill its user (maybe) is Dest Eterna.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 96 Suspicious and illegal terraforming
« Reply #2171 on: July 01, 2015, 09:49:02 pm »

((Oh my gosh I am so lucky that the treants aren't hostile, yet.))

Greetings ancient protectors of this forest and the Fountain of Magic it holds, I bear you, nor this forest no ill will but I require the use of this fountain.  I Myself bear you no ill will but they're other mages out there that could and would do this forest harm.  I am just an alcohol Mage and I would not benefit from destroying this forest, not when I can use the land's bounty to brew delicious drinks for those like minded.  With your permission, o mighty ent, I would harness the power that lies withen the well and drive back all the mages that seek to do you and this forest harm.

talkity talk
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 01, 2015, 11:08:24 pm »

"No... couldn't be."
Make 2 more essences.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:12:15 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: July 01, 2015, 11:10:43 pm »

Didnt i use up all my essences?
LUCK [5]
CMP [6+1+6-1-2-1=9]
POT [2+1+7=10]
LUCK [10]
CMP [6+1+7-1-2-1-1=9]
POT [6+1+7-1=13]

The voices from chaotic essence still as in disbelief of what you are about to do. You start running towards the edge of the lake, towards the dragon, knowing full well that you would need to do this fast. Too long, and the frozen innards of the dragon would surely end you. That was the strategic assessment of the situation. The sane assessment screamed at you about all the possibilities it could go wrong. If you hit into something inside. If it is worse in there than you thought. If you fail to escape. If you waste this all for nothing. The edge of the lake is mere meters away as you finish your spell. The space bends, shortening the distance between you and dragon, twisting reality to let you through the scaled flesh.
Step
The air around you freezes to absurd levels. Droplets of sweat freeze into icicles instantly. Only darkness surrounds you.
Thu-dunk
Something large contracts near you. You reach out and grab it, you hand touching it at the same time you put your other leg down.
Step
The air is feels blazing hot on your chilled skin. Smoke is in the air, and land is decorated by pools of molten rock. In your left hand rests a large muscular organ dotted with veins of pure mana. The heart of the dragon. You could consume it, and gain the dragons power for yourself. Alternatively, you could drain the magic from it into pure soul shards. Yet something beckons to you from the peak of the volcano. You can feel it huger, begging for the treasure you carry. It is a risk, yet the rewards could be even greater.

GG HeHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:40:26 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: July 01, 2015, 11:31:33 pm »

Go into the forest,look for birds
If no birds are found,make 2 bird essences

{also,my character is male,and his name is Seva}
{edit:just found out how to set color,I don't think this is taken}
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:41:15 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 506