Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163767 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 97 Exploring castles and volcanoes
« Reply #2220 on: July 08, 2015, 07:33:27 am »

Three essences.

((DG, I sent you another question PM, but I'm not entirely sure it went through. (My internet was acting strangely at the time.)))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: July 08, 2015, 02:19:26 pm »

Two more aether essences
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: July 08, 2015, 07:48:42 pm »

Turn 98

"Oh no. Oh no no no no. 'Ey actually killed it. Not good. Not good at all. A dragon is predicable. 'ese people arn't"
The Gambler heads off to the forest making an essence as he travels.
If he gets there, he tries to find a suitable branch to serve as a weapon/wand-like item, making an essence as he does so.
Else, he makes another essence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gambler wasted no time getting up and moving towards the forest. Even though James did not seem too hostile, and forest would catch fire eventually, he had no desire to see if he could withstand a direct hit. Within the forest, it did not take long for Gambler to find a suitable branch to act as a club.

No tricks, no tricks at all because I honestly don't know what would happen if I took used part of the fountain of life's power, so tell me o'mighty ents, please tell me what would happen if I harnessed the power of this pool, hopefully before you crush me.

talk with the ents calm them down, if they still advance back away

Still you attempt to trick us. We know you are not that foolish.
Ents closing in left precious little choice for Dwen. Negotiations failed and he was uncertain if it was even physically possible for ents to drink alcohol. But the trees were slow, even this close to the font. Dwen ran and ents were soon left behind. Brewer managed to clear forest easily, but this left him back near the lake with nothing to show for it.

make 2 bird essences

Seva was enjoying himself, fresh air, songs of birds, and no one to disturb him. It was quite nice. Although the nature of this event would ensure that it would not last, it was quiet enough for now.

"Well. Thus the battle... eh I'm outnumbered."

"Outnumbered is relative. All you have to do is be a good enough mage."

"But I'm certainly not good enough!"

"Bah. Your perceptions are skewed. It is time to access the competitive side of your affinity."

Spasms of electricity expand from the visor, wracking the poor apiarist.

"AGHHHH!!!"

A few moments later, Jonas stood again, with a new perspective taken.

"Come. We will destroy the enemies of the Swarm, and of me by extension."

Jonas walks up to the purple legged man and applies a salvo of kicks. Anyone who interferes is hit with a PM spell. The elf minion will aid me in killing him, but his first priority will be defending me from anyone who would interfere. My bees will hang back and not act, unless I am attacked(not by the purple legged man, by another mage), in which case they will devote themselves to the purpose of stinging the offender's(not mine!) neck.

Jonas charged in, not giving Alex a moment to unnderstand what was happening. With a mighty leap Jonas flew at Alex, boot first, in an arc that finished when beekeepers boot impacted demonologists head. But dealing with demons was dangerous, and Alex would not be the mage he was if he couldnt take a few hits. He stood up and charged forward, his right hand outstreched. Jonas was still regaining his balance after that jumpkick, which left only Alerim to stand between Jonas and harm. And stand he certainly did, punching the outstreched hand of Alex away. But demonologist quickly changed targets, and the spell meant for Jonas was now used on Alerim. Elf cried out in pain as his left arm bubled up from heat released by a minor fire deamon sealed within. But the seal was done exceptionaly well, and after moments, wounds began glowing like embers, as fire demon fused with flesh.

MOAR POWAH. 3 more spatial essences.
"lolN00b,sw3gm8 l3rn 2 21m"
Okay, erm, I'm here now. Huh.
Create two essences. Study recent warpings in the timestream, particularly that which brought me here.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [6]
POT [3]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [5+1-2=4]
DEX [6]
DEX [4-1=3]
END [4-1=3]

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [1+2=3]
CMP [4]
POT [2+2-1=3]
DEX [1]
END [5]

Harden and Doctor continued focusing their power, yet it seemed that the volcano had quite enough of their presence. Dozens of magma rocks flew from the volcano towards the two mages. Soon, it became apparent that the majority of the rocks were flying towards Harden. It took some slick moves, but Harden managed to dodge the first wave of rocks entirely and second to the point where only injuries were bruises from some exceptionally close calls. Doctor on the other hand, while benefiting from not being the main target failed to dodge at all. One of the rocks crashed into Doctors shoulder, somehow knocking him falling backwards, yet inflicting only minor burns.

"That's a good entrance. Now for things, let's look at the throne room first. But where is the throne room? Better i look for it."
Look for the throne room.

It took Eterna a while to find what he was looking for. Eventually, after few dead ends, empty rooms and other nonsense involving a dark cabinet in which there was nothing but a rake, the strategy of following the most luxurious looking carpet worked out. Eterna saw the throne, beautifully crafted out of solid gold. On the throne he saw a misshapen corpse, chained to the throne, its limbs turned to gold and misshapen into mechanical forms.

Due to my previous attempts in body armor being a failure, this time, I will use force created with my spear to try and create a cloak made of solid (-1) force. Then one force essence after the attempt.
Two more aether essences

With Eterna gone inside the castle, duo paused their smugness and returned to meditation. Crimson attempted to forge another type of armor this time, a cloak to be precise. Yet, as if he was cursed to armorlesness, once more his effort returned a flat plate of force.

Try again for landing gear, use all non-chaos essences. Then 3 more summoning essences.

It would seem that James desire to land and not crash was now one step closer, as inbuilt computer confirmed that it indeed now had a usable landing gear. If any pilot would ever find out about this, there would certainly be some jealousy.

Three essences.

Viznor stood on the edge of the fleshy plain, the nightmare still clinging to his mind, causing him to doubt and rethink the choice. Yet would Gardeners wait too?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 98 Poking the magmahill
« Reply #2223 on: July 08, 2015, 08:04:31 pm »

(((I have got to stop forgetting to take actions, oh well.))

make 3 more essences
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: July 08, 2015, 08:33:57 pm »

(I thought I was a goner for sure, good thing there weren't any of those fast ents like the other guy had to deal with.)

Well those ents sure weren't helpful, oh well 1 down, 1 under lava, 1 scares me, off to the lake.

head towards the lake, look for something to help me breathe under water
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: July 08, 2015, 09:44:04 pm »

"Blast. I'll have to figure out how to fix that later."

Punch the demon summoner's kidneys. Alerim should strike at his neck. We need to take this guy down. My bees will hang back. If any mage intervenes in the fight, against me, the bees will attack that mage.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: July 08, 2015, 11:39:14 pm »

summon dark blue parrot wings,using all of my essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: July 09, 2015, 01:23:29 am »

"Looks messy. It seems it either allows me to control gold or turn things into gold. Or both. Either way, I'll clean the mess."
Clean the throne.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: July 09, 2015, 03:48:45 am »

Pray to the God of Creation for help. Then, maybe two force essences.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: July 09, 2015, 07:55:37 am »

"I think that volcano doesn't like you. What do you want to do about it? I'll help if I can."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: July 09, 2015, 04:19:40 pm »

((Note those wings are going to be parrot sized(most likely) and not attached to you.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: July 09, 2015, 04:26:56 pm »

((Note those wings are going to be parrot sized(most likely) and not attached to you.))

((I'm not that evil))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: July 09, 2015, 05:04:57 pm »

2 more essences. Sit in a tree if possible. Keep stick.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: July 10, 2015, 12:55:51 am »

((Did it occur to anyone, that the only reason the dragon ever became a threat was because no one looted the giant worm.   Loot Da Bodies guys.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: July 10, 2015, 01:07:43 am »

((Did it occur to anyone, that the only reason the dragon ever became a threat was because no one looted the giant worm.   Loot Da Bodies guys.))
I'm leaving the shards still on the corpse for NAV. My payment will come later, and not in shard form (well, actually just partially in shard form, but "not in shard form" sounds cooler). Saving your life will come at a price, NAV, and it will be a steep one.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 506