Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180507 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 98 Poking the magmahill
« Reply #2235 on: July 10, 2015, 08:39:25 am »

Land my fighter near the dragon. Lock it and take the key with me, don't want anyone to steal it.
Go investigate the dragon corpse.

3 summoning essences if I have time.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: July 11, 2015, 10:50:55 pm »

"Are you sure you want to stay here, Harden? That god can keep throwing rocks at us/you all day. Maybe there's something better we could be doing."
Create 3 essences. Back away a bit from Harden and the oncoming volcano rocks.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: July 12, 2015, 09:17:45 am »

LEL FAK801, MISSED LEL
make 3 more essences.
I am a Goober.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: July 12, 2015, 01:42:46 pm »

Two more aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: July 12, 2015, 05:33:39 pm »

PM'd action.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: July 12, 2015, 08:33:17 pm »

Turn 99

make 3 more essences

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flare continued to meditate; blissfully unaware of what was happening in the northern parts of the island. It was quiet and peaceful, around him, as if flare was alone on the whole island. but he was not, and he knew,  waiting for his plans to reach maturity.

Well those ents sure weren't helpful, oh well 1 down, 1 under lava, 1 scares me, off to the lake.

head towards the lake, look for something to help me breathe under water

It was a battle lost for Dwen, yet the war was still ongoing. The sprint through the forest left him a bit out of breath, rendering the beginning of his new path somewhat slow paced. Slower pace was also partially because he was looking for something useful for the next task, yet there was nothing but grass around him.

"Blast. I'll have to figure out how to fix that later."

Punch the demon summoner's kidneys. Alerim should strike at his neck. We need to take this guy down. My bees will hang back. If any mage intervenes in the fight, against me, the bees will attack that mage.

Jonas evaluated the situation before him. The demonologist was capable of causing wounds that he was uncertain if they were even possible to deal with, let alone possible for him to do so. He had to end this quick. Beekeeper moved to the left and opened with a flurry of punches. They were not too strong, meant not to hurt but distract. Distract from Alerim who was rising up behind Alex, brimming with rage. Puting all the strenght he could muster in a strike, he slashed at Demonologists neck. As metal clashed against bone it shock, making Alerim let go of the sword, but the strike was so swift that by the time sword left elfs' hand, Alexs' head flew off along with it.

summon dark blue parrot wings,using all of my essences

Seva called forth power from deep within himself. Clothes on his back gave way as a pair of elegant dark blue wings formed behind him. yet after flexing them  bit, Seva frowned. Wings were good enough to glide, but they could not gain enough upwards thrust to actually properly fly. Unbeknownst to Seva, he had also managed something no other mage on the island had done before - gain wings without doubling over in pain.
{Increased travel speed but no flight}

"Looks messy. It seems it either allows me to control gold or turn things into gold. Or both. Either way, I'll clean the mess."
Clean the throne.

LUCK [3]
END [3]

The throne was mysterious, precious and dangerous, but above all, magical. It seemed to be something that could qualify as decent loot. Yet the corpse on it was keeping it inert, making it useless. That would not be! Eterna moved in to remove the bindings that kept carcass in place. Yet the chains did not give so easily, and after some dedicated pulling, Eternas fingers slipped and he fell ass backwards next to another corpse, this one well charred. Not much more was bruised than his pride, but another corpse gave rise to a set of new implications.

Pray to the God of Creation for help. Then, maybe two force essences.
Two more aether essences.

While Jace was meditating, Crimson was at the bargaining phase of dealing with bad luck. He shouted out to heavens, since all else did not seem to work. Almost uniquely though, heavens answered. Suddenly, Crimson knew that he had a task. The architect of worlds had given him a task, taking pity on a mage whose power laid in destruction. "Create something of your own to mark the island, and I shall lend you some of my power"

2 more essences. Sit in a tree if possible. Keep stick.

Gambler grabbed his newfound makeshift club and looked above. Interestingly, there were several trees that had branches with vivid green leaves even far below the main thicket that created a shade covering every part of the forest. Climbing one of these strange trees proved to be quite easy, and it took Gambler hardly any time at all to find a position hidden both from above and below.

Land my fighter near the dragon. Lock it and take the key with me, don't want anyone to steal it.
Go investigate the dragon corpse.

3 summoning essences if I have time.

James landed and sneaked off towards the dragon. His legs were a bit wobbly from landing using gear that may or may not had actually been there, and approaching beast that could swallow him whole and had temperature of the dark side of Pluto did not help matters. Yet the dragon was dead. Truly and certainly dead. Wings had burned off and some blood mixed with ground producing flowers seemingly made of ice, but the corpse had not deteriorated at all. And judging from the icy flowers, there was still plenty of power within it.

"Are you sure you want to stay here, Harden? That god can keep throwing rocks at us/you all day. Maybe there's something better we could be doing."
Create 3 essences. Back away a bit from Harden and the oncoming volcano rocks.

Doctor was a man capable of recognizing patterns even when next wave did not make their coming known with ear piercing screech. Right now it was far safer a bit away from his new friend. Say, fifteen meters away.

LEL FAK801, MISSED LEL
make 3 more essences.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [6+1+1=8]
DEX [6]
CMP [6]
POT [4+1+1-1=5]
DEX [1-1=0]
END [2+1=3]
DEX [5-2=3]
END [1]

Doctors' movement proved to be wise, as Harden seemed to be pissing off the volcano beings to no end. Even greater amounts of rocks flew towards him, enough to make one wonder where they were being dragged from. Harden masterfully danced around impact locations at first, but then one of the rocks fell with explosive impact a bit too close, throwing the mage off balance in an increasingly heating area. He had neither the time nor space to dodge the rest, and they fell onto him like storm, burning and bludgeoning. When Harden had finally passed out from pain, it was like a blessing.

Quote from: ATHATH
PM'd action.

Meanwhile, whle one mage was moving away andd another was barraged by rocks, third one watched from away. Making use of Doctors inatention and Hardens criplement, he moved in. It was almost too wastefull to use such magic on opponent that was allready unconcious, but at the time, Marcus did not care. Chaos of magic within the essenses he called forth seemed to be against the spell, but with such power it did not matter. Two minds were bound, Spatial mage was rendered an empty shell, devoid of thought, while Marcus' mind was invaded by pain that should not be. A nasty side effect, but he was experienced enough to know that it would end as soon as he had rid of Harden. marcus rushed in and stomped down on Hardens' throath, cuting off whatever air was still making into his lungs. He stomped down harder, but draconic scales made it hard to do much more.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:13:33 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 99 The most hated mage
« Reply #2241 on: July 12, 2015, 08:42:27 pm »

Brain: I think you might be forgeting something boss.
Me: Yeah, I should had activated that skill to get a zombiee after I kill his dudes.
Brain: No, like, something important.
Me: No wories, I totaly am going to the gym tomorow.
Brain: No, something more immediete.
Me: Right, they are making their turns so slow, Imma go read some Ciaphas Cain I downloaded.
--2AM--
Brain: Right! I remember now! You were suposed to update RtM!
Me: Well fuck.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: July 12, 2015, 08:46:53 pm »

((something else by the way:.. note that Whisperling's character is not, in fact, Marcus. ATHATH's character is Marcus, Whisperling's character is Viznor.))

"Very good, Alerim. Now, I believe you have a wound to treat. Judging by what happened to your hand, I believe submerging it in water would have good effects."

Make three bees essences. Send Alerim to soak his damaged hand for a little bit in a lake. Tell him to bring me back any loot he finds. My magic bees do nothing but buzz happily.

((Do you have anything to say on turn 100, DG?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: July 12, 2015, 09:03:53 pm »

Absorb the Dragon's soul.
Also 3 make more summoning essences if I have the time.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:16:19 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: July 12, 2015, 09:17:09 pm »

Keep searching for something to help me breath underwater
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:40:59 am by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: July 12, 2015, 09:43:56 pm »

((something else by the way:.. note that Whisperling's character is not, in fact, Marcus. ATHATH's character is Marcus, Whisperling's character is Viznor.))

((I'm pretty sure it's just the quote that's wrong (I got my results via PM).))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: July 12, 2015, 10:03:44 pm »

((Possibly.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: July 12, 2015, 10:27:52 pm »

((yawnnnn.....remind me to take action in the morning.))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: July 12, 2015, 10:48:45 pm »

((yawnnnn.....remind me to take action in the morning.))
((I'll be quite happy to do that unless your character happens to be in Jonas' way.))
Generic Arms Race.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: July 12, 2015, 11:07:20 pm »

Murder. Loot the corpse and use the shards as dictated in my previous actions. Make two essences. Then walk back towards the dragon. I have a (non-violent) debt to collect.

"I have no quarrel with you, time mage. Go along and do whatever you were doing before you met this person."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 506