Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163683 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2014, 06:56:31 am »

Yes! And can we say that I had a fail safe so it's literally a clone with my memories?

I'll accept a clone without the memories. We are abhorently metagaming here anyways.

Name: Rohan Moore
Affinity: chemical reactions
-snip-

I'll hold you on that. You'll need to provide the apropriate formula for every spell/reaction.

Cast the exact same spell on the firefox.

As the firefox is less fox and more magma, i.e. is a sentient lump of magma that has no cells, that ain't gonna work.
((The question: can I use soul shards and/or environment/magic to improve my guardian stats? Also, I still had 2 shards left (spending 13 of them)... If Kirby spent nothing, of course, which I'll check now.))

((I haven't found modifier, but I think it won't cost much.))
Make the axe (temporaly?), not solid shadow of itself. And get it out from my chest.

Yes you did, and no he didin't. I'll fix that. You can improve a summon with the ammount of shards equal to the LUCK roll that summoned it. I'll also add "ethereal" mod to the mod list as a basic mod that does what you want.

DreamerGhost, as you said in introduction, "Dying breath of a mage can be crystalized, their power and skill traped in a physical container". Well, magical minions do have powers - although not as great as those of mages. Do we receive anything from killing them?

Another thing to add to OP. Non-magical minions give you shards equal to half of their summoning LUCK roll, magical minions give full respective LUCK roll of shards.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2014, 09:14:03 am »

Yes! And can we say that I had a fail safe so it's literally a clone with my memories?
I'll accept a clone without the memories. We are abhorently metagaming here anyways.
I meant memories up until I entered the portal.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2014, 09:56:26 am »

Oh, it's ok then. If I had let you have in-game memories preserved, I'd have to let evryone through, which would open all kinds of nasty metagaming chances.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2014, 09:58:55 am »

Oh, it's ok then. If I had let you have in-game memories preserved, I'd have to let evryone through, which would open all kinds of nasty metagaming chances.
((It's mostly so I would have a reason to have the exact same goals as last time.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2014, 08:28:18 pm »

Waiting for Scotsmen to post and for NAV and 4maskwolf to confirm their decisions.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2014, 08:58:36 pm »

Kick the firefox. Heal myself if I get hurt.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 15, 2014, 10:13:16 pm »

4mask confirming his decisions, you're going to regret letting me do this :P

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2014, 06:47:18 pm »

Turn 11
________________________________________________________________________________

Try again! And if I see anyone, trap them in the grasses and hide in the vines.

CMP [1]
POT [3]

Isaac continued with his atempts to make the best out of a bad situation, but only managed to make vines bind him even more. In certain cicrles of magi, this is considered the most annimal friendly way of bondage pleasure, as no leather is used.

((The question: can I use soul shards and/or environment/magic to improve my guardian stats? Also, I still had 2 shards left (spending 13 of them)... If Kirby spent nothing, of course, which I'll check now.))

((Changed color after you, it's more suitable for reading.))

"I'm greatly pleased. Indeed, had I not summoned you, it may have ended for me... Now, with enemies gone, and strife ahead, it's time to properly introduce myself. I'm Whaz the Gloomy, mage of Darkness and the newest ruler of this castle. How do I call you?"

(After introductions)
"I'm thinking now of securing this place under my will. Your presence would help - go and check the gates, before any other mages infiltrate. And they would, eventually. If there would be nothing of note, close the gate and return."

((I haven't found modifier, but I think it won't cost much. Thanks.))
Make my sternum axe ethereal. And get it out.

"My name is Mezala, it is an honor to be summoned here. From what I have seen durning my short visit here, you seem to be the most competent. I shall return soon."

Mezala bowed slightly, and slithered out. Whaz decided not to waste time deducing wether or not that was more of a noding than bowing an deal with the axe that was stuck in his chest.

CMP [5]
POT [3]

Darkness tint surounding the axe turns ethereal, making axe slightly thiner than it was before, making it slide out of the wound effortlessly. Just a moment later, spell times out and axe returns back to its previous state. "Entirely as I planed" murmured Whaz in case somone invisible was listening. Now the bleeding, was not exactly planed, though consdering where axe had hit, it was a minor detail compared to what could had happened.
{Bleeding I}

Let's try that one more time, but with regular aether.

CMP [6]
POT [6+1=7]
END [4]

Still shocked by previous mistake, Jase proceded to weave his next spell very carefully. Making sure to account for any possible and immpossible complications, pouring massive ammounts of energy as not to have the spell colapse. The result was no less than mindshatering, as spell once again affected Jases soul, binding it to aether, changing it, forming it to fit what was requested. If anyone who was able to see souls would had looked at Jase durning this transformation, thoy would had been amazed as massive wings formed and atached Jases back. But the spell did not end there. When spirit wings finished forming, the power conected to physical dimension, starting to form and connect wings to physical body. Most readily availiable and compatiable material was air. Powerfull wind curents formed as air rushed into forming wings of Jase. Magical equivalent of nerve system spread across this creation, conecting to physical nerves diretly throug Jases spine. As suden formation of nerves is as painfull as disintegration, Jase almost wished that his soul would be geting sucked out insted. Almost being the key word here, as mage continiously reminded himself while lying on the alien grass, fighting his hardest as to not lose consciousness.

"What the heck is this?"

Move towards the purple area, cautious of my surroundings.

SPD [(5)/2+1=3.5]
LUCK [4]

Crimson left the relative safety of a grassy hill and went forth, carefully examining his suroundings. As mage reached the white powder that formed the plateau, he reached out with his left hand ad grabed some of that white powder to investigate it. Witout even bothereng to raise it to eye level, mage droped the powder as understanding of its composition came immedietly upon touching it with bare hands. Powdered glass mixed equaly with powdered salt was todays spice. Just as Crimson straightened out and looked towards purple plain, he was cought unaware by a powerfull gust of wind blowing from behind. Upon looking at the salt clouds that were caried by the wind, mage determined that winbd was not blowing from some direction, but was instead converging in the middle of the purple meadow. Not even strangeness of grass could stave away Crimsons curiosity, and he braveley walked forward. As wind finaly subsided, and dlouds of salt cleared, mage was greeted by most wondrous sight - on the ground was lying a humanoid figure with seemingly ethereal white wings. "Oh snap, a real angel. Wonder if I should make a wish?" He comented with a smirk on his face. If he wanted to make a wish he would need to hurry, as anyone swearing as much as that "angel" wouldn't stay saint for long.

Kick the firefox. Heal myself if I get hurt.

SPD [5]
STR [2]

SPD [6]
CMP [2]
POT [4]
DEX [3+1=4]

James, satisfied by Leos gurgling while clawing at his own throath, focused his atention on the blob of flame that was before him. As if sensing impending attack, Irus flared up with heat. Then the firefox shock its "head" as if this was not the intended effect. But an effect it did have, as James clearly felt when his leg flew forth to kick annoying bonefire in half. Just before impact, James felt the heat emanating from the fox, and stopped his attack, his foot barely touching the fox. Had he kicked clean through, it would had probably burned his skin off, though fox was none worse for wear after such nonattack.

A body surprisingly simmiliar to now scorched David entered through main portal. "Ha, that fool of a necromancer, trying to cheat the game. Did he not know that when a body passes through a portal any form of controll is severed and the original mind takes control? Oh, I'll give him a surprise when I'll get out of here, wherever here is"

Just behind him apeared a well known alchemist Rohan. "Sorry, I couldn't help but overhear some of your monologue. Would you like a potion of suppressing anger? I'd give you a discount once this ends, if you are still alive of course"

The battles raged on.
________________________________________________________________________________

As Scotsmen hasn't connected to forum in past three days I can only assume that it is something serious, possibly life related. As such, his turn was skiped.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2014, 07:01:37 pm »

"No indeed my good man but perhaps I can offeryou something. How would you feel about joining Cunningham Magical Goods and Services Incorporated? If fact I believe I see potential real-estate as well as a customer! Onward!"
To the tree house.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:15:30 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2014, 07:12:27 pm »

"Ah, hello. I am Jase Blackthorn."
Let's take a moment to recuperate. Maybe meditate and repair the damage to my soul, weaving additional aether into it if need be.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:14:36 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2014, 07:16:16 pm »

"Isn't it intriguing? Whenever I kill one of those mages, my magic works just as I intend it to... Not taking risks now, though."

Whaz glanced at the bloody charred remains of a wizard beside him. Perhaps, his ruined robes could serve one last purpose?

Stop the bleeding with makeshift bandages. Then, pick up an axe, and study a Kirby corpse from some distance - he surely wasn't half-turned into a golden artifact the first time I saw him.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2014, 05:26:44 am »

"There goes my wish. Oh well. Name's Crimson. Looks like you need a hand so let me help you up.

Help Jase in his recovery.

"By the way... Just what happened here?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2014, 06:50:39 am »

Kick the firefox, while at the same time healing my foot.
Estimate how much time (in turns) Leo has left.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2014, 07:44:30 am »

Kick the firefox, while at the same time healing my foot.
Estimate how much time (in turns) Leo has left.

Leo is gonna suffocate at the end of this turn.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 18, 2014, 11:02:06 am »

which dot am I?

Artificially accelerate the glucose metabolism in Leo's body, final equation C6H12O6 + 6H2O -> 6CO2 +12H2O (or C6H12O6 -> 6CO2 + 6H2O, if you want it simplified).  This should cause severe damage to his cells due to the large quantity of heat generated in the reaction. -1 for ranged, -1 for specifying the reaction

Move northwards into the hex right above me.

"Need some help with that fox over there?"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 506