Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181904 times)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 99 The most hated mage
« Reply #2280 on: July 15, 2015, 01:38:49 pm »

"I think I dozed off a little... And the world has already changed"

Three essences. Also, observe my surroundings.

Oh wow. That timing. I was about to hint the new guy that you were AFK and held an item that would be useful to him and noone else.
Heh. Proper timing is everything! The duck island is really populated by now. And I feel like an ancient necron, awakened to reap the abundant life...
Not that i would've been able to do anything, since i'll probably die by stepping on a poop and falling

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: July 15, 2015, 02:36:45 pm »

PM'd turn.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: July 15, 2015, 03:35:29 pm »

Oh wow. That timing. I was about to hint the new guy that you were AFK and held an item that would be useful to him and noone else.
Heh. Proper timing is everything! The duck island is really populated by now. And I feel like an ancient necron, awakened to reap the abundant life...
((Temperature vs. bees... not enough data to predict result.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: July 15, 2015, 05:02:51 pm »

Transcend into another dimension(ragequit)
You're not going to escape my wrath (and deny me my soul shards) that easily.
With a PM turn on my side, who knows what will happen next! Will I cause total time-space pandemonium? Will I just run away screaming? Will Harden, despite being unconscious and devoid of thought, actually be able to exit this dimension before being brutally murdered? Stay tuned to find out!
Tell me, or my contingency will activate.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:11:09 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: July 15, 2015, 05:50:25 pm »

((Please take the time to reread my rant on threats and blustering.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: July 15, 2015, 06:06:58 pm »

((Please take the time to reread my rant on threats and blustering.))
Fine, he's off the hook.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: July 15, 2015, 06:16:41 pm »

((Turn 100: HYPE!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: July 15, 2015, 08:55:54 pm »

Turn 100

"Very good, Alerim. Now, I believe you have a wound to treat. Judging by what happened to your hand, I believe submerging it in water would have good effects."

Make three bees essences. Send Alerim to soak his damaged hand for a little bit in a lake. Tell him to bring me back any loot he finds. My magic bees do nothing but buzz happily.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jonas looked around, attempting to seem uninterested in other mages that were here. They were also looking around, attempting to seem uninterested in him. Of course, killing someone in an unfair fight is something that anyone coming here would expect, though the unknown reason made all the difference. Whether Jonas came here for a personal vendetta or to just simply kill anyone who happened to be here would be decided by his next action. The response would be determined by the same. Just a bit later, beemancer was actually distracted, by a faint hissing sound and Alerim crying out in pain. As elf pulled his arm out of water Jonas could see that wounds were entirely gone, leaving only pale red spots where they were. Had the demon not actually injured the elf?

Absorb the Dragon's soul.
Also 3 make more summoning essences if I have the time.

The power drain ritual, known by most mages it allowed moving magic power from one object to another. It did not necessarily had to be the caster, which made some people think that the name was somewhat misleading, yet majority of mages did not have the knowledge to change target from themselves to something else making the name as truthful as it had to be. It was magic mostly used by lesser mages who could not create essences without some physical medium to store them. James had little use for the ritual, his early career aside, but it was exactly the thing he would need now. Corpse of dragon practically radiated power, but was too huge to efficiently use it for alchemical ingredients. James placed his hands on dragons head, but almost immediately retracted them. It was a reflexive reaction to extreme cold the corpse radiated and James cursed a bit for not expecting it. He then moved his hands close to the head, yet not exactly touching the scales, and drained the power within. It took a little while, but when it was over James was not feeling the cold anymore and the dragon that was in front of him was now reduced to skeleton that seemed hundreds of years old.
{Dragon soul x1 obtained! It can be exchanged for 7 shards/ Ice affinity/kept as an object for further use}

Murder. Loot the corpse and use the shards as dictated in my previous actions. Make two essences. Then walk back towards the dragon. I have a (non-violent) debt to collect.

"I have no quarrel with you, time mage. Go along and do whatever you were doing before you met this person."
"Ok, I get it, I'll stay back."
PM action (will arrive later) sent.

Marcus was suspicious of the time mage, he seemed rather friendly towards the spatial mage, there was no way he would just walk away, right? Right. As soon as Doctor began casting Marcus chanted out his own spell. Both mages finished their magic simultaneously. Doctors’ eyes became blank for a moment and he added an extra line to his spell.  But before Doctor had finished his extra line, Marcus felt that something went missing, something important. He looked around, searching for what could be missing when he noticed that few bit of flesh appeared where his head used to be just moments ago. At the same time, he could feel something warm trickle down his neck. Then the pain hit, it seemed that entire left side of his head was in on fire.

As Marcus touched an area where he felt the pain he felt something extremely strange. It was hard as stone and some parts held an edge lust like shards of stone. Then he looked upon Doctor who was lying face down on the ground, seemingly fainted, and understood. The spell was not fast enough for him to avoid damage, but it was good enough to make them both suffer. And it seemed that Doctor suffered far worse than he did. Most of the skin that was on Doctors head was now missing, as if he had been scalped by someone incredibly dedicated to getting the job done properly. White bone shone where flesh and hair should have been. In fact, most of the skull had been revealed, leaving only the face intact. So that was the hard surface he felt. Bone.

MOAR ESSANSES

Romanticarnus was somewhat distracted by the whole dragon fighting that was going on, but snapped back into reality when he noticed that the demonologist not too far from him lost his head. Literally. The killers seemed not too eager to continue the killing spree, but you could never know, maybe this Jonas fellow was just good at bluffing.

"Let's try something else then."
Form electricity between two fingers, and use the heat to weaken the gold.

Eterna came up with an idea. Lightning was hot enough to turn dirt into glass, surely if he crafted a small thunderstorm in his hand he'd be able to tear through gold? The idea was good enough, yet where Eterna missed was the execution. Discharges of lighting arched from his arms to all surrounding surfaces, tough they favored the throne and the charred corpse. When the spell finally ended, the only result was that the charred corpse was slightly more charred.

Well,that could have gone worse,at least they work.
travel to the edge of the forest and climb a tree to look for anything interesting,using my wings to help with the first two things.
If I can,make two bird essences.

{You... are allready are there? Anyways...}

Seva climbed nearest tall looking tree, using his newly gained wings to make a few jumps and reached the top in almost no time. The view from above the roof of branches was majestic. To the east, where trees ended, a clear lake shone with reflections of light. to both north and south there were mainly more trees but westwards path revealed something interesting. Several trees rose significantly above the otherwise more or less even roof of the forest. It was hard to say for certain but the trees in the center of the forest could have been as much as twenty meters taller than their neighbors. Seva then looked closer around him and discovered that tree had some strange and delicious fruits, similar in appearance to cherries, basking in the sun, there were even a few birds sampling some of the ripe fruits.

create the golem's body. a shoulder sized dragon of steel! use 3 +1/+1 essences

The construction came easy for Flare. He knew exactly what he wanted and how he wanted and it did not take long before a perfectly shaped steel statue of a miniature dragon stood before him. Now it was only a matter of activating the golem.

Watch out for any activity. 2 essences.

Gambler listened in to the sounds of the forest. The singing of birds, the sound of branches clashing against each other in the wind. Nothing seemed out of place. It was this exact search from intruders within the forest sounds that led Gamble to not noticing danger until it was too late. A weight on his left leg announced the appearance of a unexpected guest and when mage looked at it he discovered that a snake had landed on his leg. It seemed very similar to one of non-venomous species he had seen some of his opponents at the tables of chips keep as pets but it was slightly different. The snake continued crawling up his leg seemingly interested in heat his body was radiating.

turn the liquid in the lake to alcohol use all my essences and sacrifice my iron claymore for good luck.

Dwen touched the water at the very shore of the huge lake and magic spread through the water from the touch. The water turned to pure alcohol and when it seemed that the magic would completely change the lake, the spell broke and normal water began mixing with the newly created alcohol. Near the shore where Dwen was the water still was more like vodka than actual water, yet it would not last.

"As you command."

Three force essences.
Two more aether essences.

Sarrak had also been distracted by the battle between the jet and dragon, yet he too snapped back when he heard the unmistakable sound of decapitation. Nearby demonologist, now corpse fell to the ground at the hands of bee mage and his pet elf. They seemed not to be too intent on continuing the killings, yet one could never know.

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)
Let me know if that's ok, and what i can do with heat affinity since i forgot.
Go north ovest. Craft as many heat essences as i can

i dont know whteal is, but i hope its good

Ancano, a mage of noble elven descend, wielding the unmatched powers of heat, entered the arena. Upon entering he looked around and sneered He was surrounded by humans. The inferior race. the barbaric monkey kind. This would not stand. Surely, he'd murder them all for daring to be in the same dimension as his noble self, but not right now. Right now Ancano left this community of plebeians and went for the northwest plains. Elf of his power required space to think clearly and these ...primitives were all around him, too stupid to move away. Hmpf. He would show them their place but Ancano had no desire to remain in their company one moment longer!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 100 Turns (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 100 Reunion of the centturn
« Reply #2288 on: July 15, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »

Great, Alcohol in the water perfect.

Jump into the water and control the alcohol to surround me completely with alcohol then expand the bubble as to not let hydrogen or solid objects through it and create a pocket of air

((Fillipk celebrates 100 turns of Roll to Magic and prays to RNG Jesus for luck in his action.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: July 15, 2015, 09:14:33 pm »

((so what does the golem have? did the body include eyes? I hope not I wanted to make them separately, becasue {redacted}.

what about its thought center/logic core))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: July 15, 2015, 10:32:23 pm »

Who needs abjuration?

Murder. Loot the corpse and use the shards as dictated in my previous actions. Make two essences. Then walk back towards the dragon. I have a (non-violent) debt to collect.
Change corpse to corpses.

Is the wound in my head going to become fatal without aid? What about the space mage's wounds?

NAV, you should use that soul to learn Fus. If you don't I will be sad.

This turn (conveniently) marks the beginning of my rise towards becoming an arena power. Don't worry (Beirus and NAV), this character isn't another psychopath (yet).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:40:05 pm by ATHATH »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: July 15, 2015, 10:45:02 pm »

((Fus? Fus roh dah is much better shout.))

"Blast- the spirit sickness is wearing off! Strike the temperature mage now while he's still dizzy!"

"What? No-that would be AGGHHH!!!"

Spasms of electricity wrack Jonas' body.

"Destroy. All. Foes."

Send my magic bees against the temperature mage. Have Alerim attack from beehind once he gets back. Or now if he's already here. While my minions cause him pain, charge him and smash his head into the ground, grabbing his staff in the process.

Edit: If for some reason the "warp" mage intervenes, crush seven shards for another non-magical minion and have it protect me.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:01:40 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: July 15, 2015, 10:51:06 pm »

Change corpse to corpses.

Is the wound in my head going to become fatal without aid? What about the space mage's wounds?

NAV, you should use that soul to learn Fus. If you don't I will be sad.

This turn (conveniently) marks the beginning of my rise towards becoming an arena power. Don't worry (Beirus and NAV), this character isn't another psychopath (yet).

I have no illusions of ever being an arena combatant but I can make it a whole lot more fun.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 15, 2015, 10:52:47 pm »

((Look. My character has the affinity of bees. If I can weaponize bees, you can weaponize alcohol. PM me for ideas that will end all your foes.))
Generic Arms Race.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: July 15, 2015, 11:10:32 pm »

((You could kill people via alchohol poisoning, douse things with methonol, transform opponents and/or yourself into methonol, forcibly intoxicate things, ferment things, make flamethrowers, brew unusual drinks, cause flash floods, induce hangovers, produce bombs, and commit murder by transforming the booze already inside your victim's body into a solid, ever-burning sword.

Who said you're not a combatant?))
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 506