Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181859 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 100 Reunion of the centturn
« Reply #2340 on: July 20, 2015, 10:49:46 am »

Turn 101

Great, Alcohol in the water perfect.

Jump into the water and control the alcohol to surround me completely with alcohol then expand the bubble as to not let hydrogen or solid objects through it and create a pocket of air
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A difficult task awaited Dwen, forcing alcohol to act as an advanced force field was a task most mages would consider ludicrous. There was a reason why those mages were known as "lesser". With his chant complete, Dwen dived into the waters. Nothing happened. Few weak currents moved Dwens hair about, yet there was no other effect. Soon, Dwen was forced to surface for air and rethink his spell.

"Blast- the spirit sickness is wearing off! Strike the temperature mage now while he's still dizzy!"

"What? No-that would be AGGHHH!!!"

Spasms of electricity wrack Jonas' body.

"Destroy. All. Foes."

Send my magic bees against the temperature mage. Have Alerim attack from beehind once he gets back. Or now if he's already here. While my minions cause him pain, charge him and smash his head into the ground, grabbing his staff in the process.

Edit: If for some reason the "warp" mage intervenes, crush seven shards for another non-magical minion and have it protect me.

"And here I thought of walking away..."

Kahel looks at bee mage dissapointedly, then takes a bite of Hlamodysa fruit and jumps into lake, moving eastwards. There, he creates three more essences when sufficiently underwater.

Kahel began moving as soon as Jonas began convulsing. By the time Jonas had given the orders to attack, Kahel was already m id jump into the water. It was not even close.  Jonas looked back to the secondary target, Romanticarnus the warp mage, who seemed to be greatly amused by Jonas' mood swings.
{Kahel, water breath, 2 turns left}

Examine the fruit to see if I kno what it is,and try some if it is safe to eat.
Make two bird essences.
Talk to the birds(I'm assuming I can,is that correct?):Hello,is there anything you can tell me about this forest?

Seva carefully examined the berries before him. They were as large as grapes, but shaped like beans, bright pink and spread out all over rather than hanging in bunches. The birds seemed to be eating them with no ill effects, so Seva decided that trying one couldn’t have too terrible of an effect. The berry tasted sweet, then bitter, then sour, then some strange taste mage could not describe. Before him, trees grew to the skies and dragged down clouds that were made of cotton candy. Then perspective shifted, as ground jumped up good twenty meters burying the forest. The few remaining leaves above ground turned into beautiful emeralds which grew upwards in towers of jade to drink of the red sky above.

Meanwhile, back in the forest, a crow was trying to pry off a button from passed out Sevas’ robes.

Move north while searching  for leaves i could heat, just to see if they actually light on fire later. Two essences if i can

{Ancano is fifth from the top. Whenever somone clears a space by dying, I just use that space to inser new players. Less editing that way.}

Ancano moved further north, away from other mages. Surely, even though they were all inferior in too many ways to count, they would had managed to make some sort of device to deal with his inevitable arrival? Ancano took a few blades of grass and spiked their temperature upwards. Grass withered, caught fire, burned down to smoke and then the smoke turned to plasma as heat increased to absurd degree. It would appear that they did not, in fact, prepare. How did such fools ever make it to the levels of power required to enter this place was a mystery, but their ineptitude would only serve to reach his goals faster. Just as Ancano reached the edge of the island, plates of ground rose from below to allow further passage. For the first time since entering, Ancano smiled. At least the land knew what it was dealing with.

Eterna looks at the more charred body, again.
"((Hmmm.. I got to use something else as fuel. Books, torches, whatever that is, i could use it to melt the gold.))"
Look around for something that can be burned other than bodies, put it near the chain and then use electricity to burn it. If none is found, use the more charred body to use as fuel.

Quick look around affirmed Eterna that there were no fuel sources nearby that would be useful. The carpet would probably burn, but there was a matter of either cutting off a piece or moving everything to roll it up. Torches were firmly affixed into place, and simply not worth the bother. The plan to burn bodies also failed, as it turned out that they did not burn all that well. All out of options, Eterna had to return to the slow plan of just cutting off the chains, and managed to clear half of them before last sparks of the spell winked out.

Move one hex south while creating two force essences.
Go two spaces SW. Aether sense surroundings for anything interesting. Make an aether essence.

The duo that had been a team for the longest time would separate, for now at least. Jace went out to continue exploring while Crimson had a divine task to do. Yet during his exploration, Jace was faced with a strange problem - his aether sense failed to get anything of value. It was as if some sort of magical invisible fog was surrounding him.

"Oh. Uh. Didn't see ya there, lil' fella."
Softly, move the snake away. 2 more essences.

The snake did not seem to react at all to being picked up, something that Gambler had been worried about previously. Venomous snakes were rather difficult to deal with if angered. Without too much fuss the snake was moved away onto a different branch where it was distracted by a few small birds. Good enough riddance for now.

Bear the pain, then throw the gold orb at Marcus's head as hard as I can, getting a little closer first.
Bear the pain, then throw the gold orb at Marcus's head as hard as I can, getting a little closer first.
Actually, I think you might be unconscious or dead.

Make him bash his own face in with that orb (any available essences).

Adrenaline pumping through his veins allowed doctor to get up from the ground and throw the only loot he had found - the golden orb. It sailed through the air seemingly at least twice as fast as it should had been, hitting Marcus right in the jaw, but not before he could finish the incantation to cloud Doctors' mind. Yet time mage, having already faced it, was better prepared this time, the intended punch was reduced to merely a slap which was mostly harmless to bone of bare skull.
{Marcus, stunned, 1 turn. Always moves last in combat.}

The dragon's dead, the island saved, I have a shiny new dragon soul. Now its time to get back to my shop.

Get back in my plane and fly around looking for my troll.
Oh, and could I use the dragon soul to gain Fus-Ro-Dah?

Also a bit of PMed stuff.

"Damn boss, I was looking all over for you" A voice says from behind James. "Saw the downed dragon and thought that I could grab a bite to keep me up on the search, but you ate all of it. Quite the stomach boss." It would seem that there won't be any need to actually search for Grundar. With his mind eased, James thought back on the dragon soul. Dragons were mighty beings with many great powers and the soul would not be enough to gain them all. But one specific power, or rather one specific breath? Shouldn't be too difficult. There were some difficulties changing breath from frost to wind, but the result of being able to wield such power was well worth it.
{Gained Dragonbreath of wind. Cooldown of 3 turns, can conjure mighty winds (strength determined by POT roll)}

lets see now.....check....check.....
ok then.

3 essences

Flare was busying himself with the construction of his golem. There were still many parts to build, and he had to focus for that. The world here was not all that friendly, so he had to be prepared for it.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:45:45 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 101 Web of plots
« Reply #2341 on: July 20, 2015, 11:05:21 am »

"Fantastic. Now, there MUST be something in these plains that can increase my already high power! "
Gather some grass and put it in my pockets, then explore the grassy plains. And two essences.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: July 20, 2015, 11:07:32 am »

Create 3 essences

hmm perhaps I need more power?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 100 Reunion of the centturn
« Reply #2343 on: July 20, 2015, 11:23:13 am »

So I'm in the "everyone kill me now" list because I hurt your skull? Ouch.
When I engaged you in combat before, I put you on the whitelist so as not to reveal my plan early.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: July 20, 2015, 11:29:05 am »

((Kahel the Speedy. Jumps into water even before the danger he escapes from occurres!))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:31:06 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: July 20, 2015, 11:30:37 am »

try to wake up,if I do then attempt to tame the crow
Then make 2 bird essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: July 20, 2015, 11:33:42 am »

The gambler moves discreetly SSE, attempting to stick to the treetops(though he will go to the forest floor if needed), making two essences as he travels.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: July 20, 2015, 11:34:32 am »

*laughs evilly*
"My friend, you have much bigger problems than me. Look behind you (his back is away from the volcano, right?), and remember that I am a control mage."
Pm'd action.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:36:23 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: July 20, 2015, 01:13:40 pm »

((Kahel the Speedy. Jumps into water even before the danger he escapes from occurres!))

"Oh no you don't. Do you really think I would let you get away?"

PM apiurgy.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: July 20, 2015, 01:23:31 pm »

Letting air bubbles fly upwards, Kahel thought about this predicament. Why does it starts anew like this? Why do mages need to kill each other in never-ending cycle? Then, he looks upwards through the water and calms himself a little. Such is the way of things and nothing could be done to it.

("Oh well. It seems like I need to visit volcano once more. A staff and an orb of power is not enough for the stakes that are so high")

Volcano awaits! As well as three essences

If something hostile interrupts my peaceful journey - simply cook it with steamed air and five normal essences*
*depending on the danger, number can be adjusted
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:26:18 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: July 20, 2015, 01:27:37 pm »

"You would attempt to coerce the mind of a god? I have never seen such foolery!"
Pick up the orb and smash it into the damaged portion of Marcus's head.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: July 21, 2015, 01:14:23 am »

"You would attempt to coerce the mind of a god? I have never seen such foolery!"
"He owes me a favor for killing your friend."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: July 21, 2015, 01:16:44 am »

lets see...for scouting and control purposes....

create a small rectangle box that will fit into my hand
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: July 21, 2015, 09:12:04 am »

Use that echolocation spell I tried a long time ago and see if there is anything of interest in my area. Then one force essence.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: July 21, 2015, 10:02:53 pm »

"He owes me a favor for killing your friend."
Technically, you didn't kill him, he gave up while you were distracted trying to stop ME. Though you seem to have picked up the shards anyway, so perhaps that counts...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:05:37 pm by thegamemaster1234 »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 506