Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163903 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 101 Web of plots
« Reply #2355 on: July 22, 2015, 08:59:51 am »

*Eterna looks at the chain
((Could i sit at the throne if i remove the corpse and is the corpse stuck with the chain? I forgot.))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:38:23 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: July 22, 2015, 09:33:24 am »

*Eterna looks at the chain
((Could i sit at the throne if i remove the corpse and is the corpse stuck with the chain? I forgot.))

((Yes and yes))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: July 22, 2015, 09:41:50 am »

"(Torches... That will do when i need to do something else... But those chains first)"
Melt the remaining link with electricity.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: July 22, 2015, 11:16:23 am »

"Yep, and it sure tasted good! Now hop in, we're going back to the shop."

This jet does have room for a passenger, right? Fly back to the shop while making 3 healing essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: July 22, 2015, 11:30:20 am »

Three essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: July 22, 2015, 07:03:15 pm »

Turn 102

"Fantastic. Now, there MUST be something in these plains that can increase my already high power! "
Gather some grass and put it in my pockets, then explore the grassy plains. And two essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ancano looked around the plains. It was strange in a way, this huge field of untouched ground. No charred areas, no frozen parts, not even a piece turned over. It's like mages avoided this place for some reason. A rather absurd idea, considering that the plains were entirely devoid of mobile life larger than a ladybug. Yet that was what seemingly happened here. Could be lack of cover, yet the thought of mage diving for cover instead of creating a shield was just as silly as previous theory.

Create 3 essences

hmm perhaps I need more power?

Dwen focused on reasons why his magic had failed, examining the web of magic that was his spell. There were pieces that did not work, others that were contradictory. But the core was correct. There was a way forward there.

try to wake up,if I do then attempt to tame the crow
Then make 2 bird essences

Seva came back to, still feeling fuzzy. Limbs were unresponsive at first, but the first twitch of fingers was enough to send wary crow flying to the treetops. First attempt to get up failed, second one, using a lean tree for help fared slightly better.  Whatever those berries were, they were certainly not meant for stomach of humans.

The gambler moves discreetly SSE, attempting to stick to the treetops(though he will go to the forest floor if needed), making two essences as he travels.

Gambler looked over intertwined branches and an idea was born in his head. There was a path above the forest floor, path made by trees. A jump to there, grabbing to there and Gambler was soon traveling far above, scarring small animals below with his mighty leaps. It was somewhat slow moving this way, but not too bad for a first go.

Letting air bubbles fly upwards, Kahel thought about this predicament. Why does it starts anew like this? Why do mages need to kill each other in never-ending cycle? Then, he looks upwards through the water and calms himself a little. Such is the way of things and nothing could be done to it.

("Oh well. It seems like I need to visit volcano once more. A staff and an orb of power is not enough for the stakes that are so high")

Volcano awaits! As well as three essences

If something hostile interrupts my peaceful journey - simply cook it with steamed air and five normal essences*
*depending on the danger, number can be adjusted

Kahel swam through the waters towards the shore and moved off towards the place where he had forged the mightiest artifact. Voice of the staff murmured approvingly. Warm lava fields warmed and dried Kahel, allowing him travel far even with wet clothes. Yet soon temperature mage noticed something incredibly strange. Snow. A plain of snow among lava fields. And two mages with flayed heads standing among smoking boulders.

"You would attempt to coerce the mind of a god? I have never seen such foolery!"
Pick up the orb and smash it into the damaged portion of Marcus's head.
Stuff

Doctor looked at Marcus. Was he saying the truth? The mountain did hit him before, but that was just splash damage. If there was a stone flying for him, there's no way he'd tell truth, right? Right. Doctor dived towards the heaviest and bluntest object on the ground - his golden orb - and charged at Marcus. Yet the blow was a miss, as Marcus seemingly did not truly have faith in his feint and was preparing to dodge.

lets see...for scouting and control purposes....

create a small rectangle box that will fit into my hand

A tiny hexahedron of iron appeared within Flares hand, as small as a thumb. Flare grunted, the winds of magic were being uncooperative again. A memory of a steel hexagon that was supposed to be a sword appeared within his mind.

Use that echolocation spell I tried a long time ago and see if there is anything of interest in my area. Then one force essence.

Crimson attempted to mark out his surroundings by echoes of force, conjuring a bubble of power that expanded away. Yet strangely, the power never returned, as if it was devoured by something. How unusual.

"(Torches... That will do when i need to do something else... But those chains first)"
Melt the remaining link with electricity.

Eterna was cursing again. Plasma arched between his fingers in a calm and useful line, but it was tiny. When magic expired only one chain remained, chaining the corpse to the side of the throne. It was enough to move the unlucky sod out of it, but should the throne move he would be dragged along with it.

"Yep, and it sure tasted good! Now hop in, we're going back to the shop."

This jet does have room for a passenger, right? Fly back to the shop while making 3 healing essences.

Had somone looked at what was happening near a small lake they would had seen a most amusing scene. A jet was moving over the grass, iritated pilot sitting in front and a troll squezed in second pilot's seat, with lims wrapped around absolutely evrything. It  was a herculean effort for a creature so large to squee in if the discomfortable face pressed to glass said anything. James was meanwhile pondering the flaws of his veicles great speed. Any short range movement was practicly impossible, forcing him to just drive the jet back to the treehouse.

Three essences.

{Terror 2/10}
Wiznor was waiting, thinking, pondering if this was the right choice. The more he thought the worse it seemed. The time to choose was now.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:54:55 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 102 Tarzan, yer' a wizzard.
« Reply #2361 on: July 22, 2015, 07:08:33 pm »

3 More Essences

((I thought of a simpler way to do the spell and I will reword it when I'm ready.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: July 22, 2015, 07:19:49 pm »

-eye twitch- so that's the way its going to be.....

TRY AGIAN

Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: July 22, 2015, 08:28:30 pm »

"Hello, Kahel. You wouldn't mind helping me out here, would you? I'll give you the orb if you do."

Pm'd action.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: July 22, 2015, 08:30:46 pm »

make 2 bird essences
i really should have learned by now to not eat strange fruit.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: July 22, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »

((Damn, thought I posted an action for the turn. Oh well.))

Another aether sense with 2 +1/+1 essences. Then make an aether essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: July 22, 2015, 09:29:19 pm »

((I freaking need to comment a sig. Also: Could the corpse removed from where you sit on it?))

Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: July 23, 2015, 05:09:44 am »

"Meh, this stupid place. Better leave."
Go southwest towards the trees, keep looking around. Two essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: July 23, 2015, 05:36:47 am »

((I freaking need to comment a sig. Also: Could the corpse removed from where you sit on it?))

It was enough to move the unlucky sod out of it, but should the throne move he would be dragged along with it.

((Yes))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: July 23, 2015, 08:16:35 am »

Remove the corpse from the throne.
EDIT: And then sit on it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:38:34 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 506