Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183027 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 102 Tarzan, yer' a wizzard.
« Reply #2385 on: July 24, 2015, 05:00:21 pm »

"So, you're a Time mage? Quite an interesting speciality... Your bid sounds promising."

Kahel paused, as if listening to someone.

"Good. So, these are your final proposals?"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 24, 2015, 05:03:32 pm »

"Is he offering you eternal youth or something? I can match that, and give you some cool immunities, too. But yes, that is my bid."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 24, 2015, 08:09:04 pm »

"Is he offering you eternal youth or something? I can match that, and give you some cool immunities, too. But yes, that is my bid."
"Eternal youth is useless here; I know better than that, and you should too! As for your 'immunities', maybe that's protection from paralyzing or unconsciousness. Meh."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:11:37 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 25, 2015, 03:55:48 am »

"Perfect. You both offered great bids, but, knowing patterns of the human mind, Marcus had emerged victorious. Time mage, may I hear your name before we finish the fight?"

Kahel gestured at his new adversary, preparing to freeze his head solid. (Homing, Ranged. Essences used: 5 +1/+1, 2 +1 POT, +1/+2)

((thegamemaster1234, ATHATH offered me two out of free: a favor, your shards or the orb. Compared to your proposal, it wins by being concrete and easy to follow, as well as offering a choice. Your offer seemed a bit exaggerated and Kahel went for an easy catch. Good luck with survival.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 25, 2015, 11:08:15 am »

"Good ta know! People call me tha' Gambler myself. 'T's a little keepsake from my life before here. What're ya doin'?"
Right now,trying to stay away from the guys out there,some of them looked dangerous and were fighting when I came in.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 25, 2015, 11:09:06 am »

((He has more of a chance than you think. I launched an attack against Sarrak last turn, one which hasn't arrived yet.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 25, 2015, 12:53:51 pm »

"I felt like I was going to lose that battle anyway. I am, or perhaps was, The Doctor, Destroyer of Worlds, Savior of Universes, and Lord of Time. You have followed the words of one who cares only for himself, and for that, you shall pay!"
((Looks like I'm pretty doomed here. Time to go nova, maybe.))

The Doctor begins a mystical chant as he calls upon powers greater than himself to provide him with the means to destroy those that threaten his life force... or whatever opportunity comes his way.

PM turn. Expect something either crazy, stupid, self-destructive, or useless.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 25, 2015, 12:54:47 pm »

Random thought- why hasn't anyone tried creating minions rather than summoning them with shards? Constructing a personal army would probably be a feasible tactic, given time, essences, and the right affinity.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 25, 2015, 12:58:51 pm »

Random thought- why hasn't anyone tried creating minions rather than summoning them with shards? Constructing a personal army would probably be a feasible tactic, given time, essences, and the right affinity.
I think some people are but they have done it secretly or people aren't paying them lots of attention.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 25, 2015, 01:04:31 pm »

((What's more noticeable is that a non-magical minion costs only 7 shards. Only 7. After a few kills, Jonas is going to summon a mini-army in addition to his other plans.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 25, 2015, 02:01:53 pm »

((What's more noticeable is that a non-magical minion costs only 7 shards. Only 7. After a few kills, Jonas is going to summon a mini-army in addition to his other plans.))
((This. I was going to research the feasibility of elite minions with Whaz, but he perished before leaving the castle, swarmed by mages. Now I'm thinking about giving it a second try.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 25, 2015, 07:13:36 pm »

I'm already working on that.

"Eternal youth is useless here; I know better than that, and you should too! As for your 'immunities', maybe that's protection from paralyzing or unconsciousness. Meh."
"Well, immunity to pain, poison, negative energy, organ damage, and drowning is pretty nice. By the way, this time I do genuinely mean this orb, but you should check things like that first before making a deal in the future."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 25, 2015, 07:50:06 pm »

((Anyone want a golden throne of gold affinity for 5(or lower) shards? Wait, through, i'm making stuff with gold. Also, questions:
Could the golden throne give gold affinity to some non-magical people?
Anyone ever think of "Modifier" affinity other than Froggy Ninja?(Runes have a flavor of modifier)
Anyone looted Whaz?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 25, 2015, 07:59:25 pm »

"Well, immunity to pain, poison, negative energy, organ damage, and drowning is pretty nice. By the way, this time I do genuinely mean this orb, but you should check things like that first before making a deal in the future."
((I don't see how mind control can give immunity to poison, organ damage, or drowning - those affect the body, not the mind (though immunity to the pain involved is possible). Remember how you thought of rezzing the dragon with mind powers? Same thing. And as for drowning, even perfectly holding your breath won't keep you alive forever.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 25, 2015, 09:03:55 pm »

((I don't see how mind control can give immunity to poison, organ damage, or drowning - those affect the body, not the mind (though immunity to the pain involved is possible). Remember how you thought of rezzing the dragon with mind powers? Same thing. And as for drowning, even perfectly holding your breath won't keep you alive forever.))
I never said that I'd do it with control magic.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 506