Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182313 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #240 on: July 18, 2014, 11:11:53 am »

which dot am I?

Artificially accelerate the glucose metabolism in Leo's body, final equation C6H12O6 + 6H2O -> 6CO2 +12H2O (or C6H12O6 -> 6CO2 + 6H2O, if you want it simplified).  This should cause severe damage to his cells due to the large quantity of heat generated in the reaction. -1 for ranged, -1 for specifying the reaction

Move northwards into the hex right above me.

"Need some help with that fox over there?"

((I think you're both metagaming and overdoing this - poor Leo would be dead regardless of you heating his cells. Oh, and Rohan seems to be pure red.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:15:42 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 18, 2014, 01:16:00 pm »

"I've got it handled. Stay back till this fight is over."

((Leo's dead at the end of this turn. The only possible reason to attack him would be killstealing.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 18, 2014, 01:44:06 pm »

Well, there are no rules about neither metagaming nor killstealing. Then again, cancer is rather dificult to heal with chemical reactions.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2014, 01:49:57 pm »

Well, there are no rules about neither metagaming nor killstealing.

((Oh. It could lead us to the endless war of backstabbing clones. Not my problem, anyway.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2014, 02:21:02 pm »

Well, there are no rules about neither metagaming nor killstealing. Then again, cancer is rather dificult to heal with chemical reactions.
((Actually I could just do the opposite: target all the cancerous cells and inhibit their ability to produce nucleic acid chains, preventing them from spreading.  Chemical reactions is quite useful.  And I need to killsteal once so that I can get the elements affinity to summon fodder for my reactions, because right now I can only affect reactions that could possibly take place or that are already ongoing.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2014, 05:10:43 pm »

Turn 12
__________________________________________________________________________________

"No indeed my good man but perhaps I can offeryou something. How would you feel about joining Cunningham Magical Goods and Services Incorporated? If fact I believe I see potential real-estate as well as a customer! Onward!"
To the tree house.

SPD [(2-1)/2+1=2]

Davids body double, as if led by some mysterious greater force, went off by the ways of his predececor and arrived at the treehouse to casualy observe carnage.

"Ah, hello. I am Jase Blackthorn."
Let's take a moment to recuperate. Maybe meditate and repair the damage to my soul, weaving additional aether into it if need be.

CMP [3]
POT [3+1=4]

LUCK [6]

Jase focused on meditating, trying to fix the damage his previous spells had caused. But soul is a ficle thing, curents of aether swirled around him, Jase could feel them with his wings, yet they did not bend to the spell and did nothing to help the mage.

Crimson, deciding to refrain from helping since he had no idea what to do, didint quite feel like waiting for answers that would not come and chose to look around insted. Among leathery tongues that served as grass there were small pieces of stone strewn around, some even had partial runic symbols carved on them. Some larger structure seems to have been destroyed here.

"Isn't it intriguing? Whenever I kill one of those mages, my magic works just as I intend it to... Not taking risks now, though."

Whaz glanced at the bloody charred remains of a wizard beside him. Perhaps, his ruined robes could serve one last purpose?

Stop the bleeding with makeshift bandages. Then, pick up an axe, and study a Kirby corpse from some distance - he surely wasn't half-turned into a golden artifact the first time I saw him.

LUCK [2]

Tearing up Ryans robes and bandaging up proved to be an easy task for Whaz, especialy so since the axe proved to be sharp enoug to cut through cloth. Figuring out what happened to the round wizard was somewhat harder. It probably had something to do with how he is chained to this golden throne. Not wanting to be the test rat himself, Whaz chose to poke whizard and throne with his axe instead of trying to touch it. And it proved to be a smart idea... sort of. As axe touched one of the chains, remnants of magic that were in the throne flowed into metal axehead turning it into pure gold. It's better than losing an arm, but having trusty axe turned into shoody maul, made even worse by weight reducing enchantment wasn't that much better.

Kick the firefox, while at the same time healing my foot.
Estimate how much time (in turns) Leo has left.

SPD [4]
STR [4]

SPD [5]
CMP [1]
POT [2]
DEX [4+1]

The firefox tries to brethe fire again, but the spell explodes inside it's mouth, tearing away the lower jaw. Had it been a biological organism, it would probably had been fatal. Irus, however, simply regrows the jaw using magma from other areas of its body. The trick seem to surprise James just enough for the fox to evade mages quick kick.

which dot am I?

Artificially accelerate the glucose metabolism in Leo's body, final equation C6H12O6 + 6H2O -> 6CO2 +12H2O (or C6H12O6 -> 6CO2 + 6H2O, if you want it simplified).  This should cause severe damage to his cells due to the large quantity of heat generated in the reaction. -1 for ranged, -1 for specifying the reaction

Move northwards into the hex right above me.

"Need some help with that fox over there?"

CMP [6-2=4]
POT [5-1=4]

Rohan seeing a man close to death trying to tear out his own throat does the thing every nice and sensible mage would do: ease his suffering. By erasing the guy from life of course. With a chant, alhemist raised the metabolism rate of Leo, seeking to have him roast from inside out. But the enchanted metabolism requires extra oxygen, someting that pyromancer was deprived of for last several minutes. He loses conciousness, and in no time his brain is destroyed by various acids that his body created in absence of oxygen.
{Soul goes to NAV}

Grow the vines to hide myself, or, if anything comes close, get nearby plants to hold it in place.

SPD [2+1=3]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [2]

SPD [2]
STR [1+1]

Isaacs experiements with plants were sudenly interupted by a massive snake-humanoid hybrid wielding six swords. Not wanting to test skill of the snake woman or the sharpness of her blades, lant mage used the abundand grass he had summoned before in an attempt to imobilize this newfound quary. By his will grass in the courtyard grew a meter and a half tall, increasing in thickness, forming a wall between the two adversaries. The naga hissed at the mages trick and not wanting to risk going into the brush, slashed at it with one of her swords. Somehow, instead of cuting through the grass, it broke and bent it instead. In some increadibly bizare way, the grasses stuck to each other, capturing and traping the blade. Are you hearing things or did the naga just swear silently?
________________________________________________________________________________

Fix'd your formula for you 4mask. You had 12 oxygen atoms more on the right than on the left.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Now for serious news.
I will be gone to countryside where I will have little access to internet (phone) and no access to computer for the next week. Updates will resume on 28th. If Kaladin posts his action before then, his battle with naga will be inserted in this update (12th). If not, a tragic tale of geting decapitated will be inserted in this update.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:28:19 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2014, 05:57:02 pm »

Create a Circle of containment (-1) and gesture to James to knock it in there.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2014, 06:51:11 pm »

Summon a nonmagical minion with 7 shards. gain a new magic affinity with 10 shards. If I can choose which affinity to gain, choose shards.

Create a Circle of containment (-1) and gesture to James to knock it in there.
Kick the fox into the containment circle.
Heal either David or myself if we get injured.

"David? What are you doing here? I saw you die!"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2014, 07:24:41 pm »

gain a new magic affinity with 10 shards. If I can choose which affinity to gain, choose shards.

I'd rather you expanded upon this Shard afinity of yours. Yes you can chose but I'd want to inform you about things you won't be able to do, which might be the whole reason you are chosing it. Don't want another fire magic incident.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2014, 07:56:21 pm »

gain a new magic affinity with 10 shards. If I can choose which affinity to gain, choose shards.

I'd rather you expanded upon this Shard afinity of yours. Yes you can chose but I'd want to inform you about things you won't be able to do, which might be the whole reason you are chosing it. Don't want another fire magic incident.
Summon shards, move shards, construct things (like weapons, shields) out of shards, forcibly transfer shards from one person to another, basically cheat and be overpowered.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2014, 08:29:59 pm »

Summon shards, move shards, construct things (like weapons, shields) out of shards, forcibly transfer shards from one person to another, basically cheat and be overpowered.

-1 for specifying shard type -1 becouse shards are mentaly bound to owner -1 becouse the dimension itself is specificly enginered against this -1 becouse shards have a mind of their own -1 when summoning ofc -1 again when summoning becouse you also need to summon a soul to be sharded -1 when changing shape -1 for general complexity of a soul -1 becouse owner has a mental hold on shards (double binding) -1 becouse you will need to bind the shard to yourself before using them -1 becouse GM hates poking at possible rulebook holes (just like previous Kirbys power)

Also, you'll need to roll luck every time as shards are higly unstable, and might explode when used inproperly.
Total POT cost of summoning a shard is 12
And you need to get at least 20 total POT (multiple successfull casts) to beat owners resistance if they are unwiling, just like Jase and his soulstealing tricks.
There is also the part where you become hunted by seven or eight Homunculus for finding out certain secrets.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »

Grow the vines to hide myself, or, if anything comes close, get nearby plants to hold it in place.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 19, 2014, 09:33:25 pm »

Shard affinity is not a viable option. I will go with the boring but practical summoning affinity.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2014, 09:53:57 pm »

((NAV, you copycat. And to think I was going to offer you some free summonings if you held on to that fox for me. Although maybe our shared affinity might make summonings easier if we were to work together. I want to try something with the fox due to its magical nature. And dang it, DG, why you gotta tell people I can steal souls? I was hoping they wouldn't find that out until after I stole a soul.  :P))

"I bet you're wondering why there aren't mountains here anymore. Well, I found this dimensional portal in the mountain that once stood here. I decided that going to a landscape through the portal was too mainstream. After all, any mage can do that. So I powered it with five soul shards and brought the landscape to me."
Oh well, maybe my soul will heal in time. Continue recuperating and wait to see the results of Crimson's spell. Then we can head to the remaining mountain. I'll fly there, of course.

((Will my soul heal after a while, DG?))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:04:27 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2014, 09:57:04 pm »

Hmmm...

Try and discern what chemical reactions occur within the firefox
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 506