Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181789 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 102 Tarzan, yer' a wizzard.
« Reply #2400 on: July 25, 2015, 09:50:33 pm »

Random thought- why hasn't anyone tried creating minions rather than summoning them with shards? Constructing a personal army would probably be a feasible tactic, given time, essences, and the right affinity.
I'm already working on that.

((I have to say, mind control would be...difficult... to use as an army-building tactic. Unless you've found a whole bunch of NPC's we know nothing about, I doubt DG would allow you to completely/permanently take anyone over without extreme difficulty or strings attached.))

((Not to say it isn't possible. Difficult, but anything is possible with enough essences.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 25, 2015, 09:56:54 pm »

Random thought- why hasn't anyone tried creating minions rather than summoning them with shards? Constructing a personal army would probably be a feasible tactic, given time, essences, and the right affinity.

((I have to say, mind control would be...difficult... to use as an army-building tactic. Unless you've found a whole bunch of NPC's we know nothing about, I doubt DG would allow you to completely/permanently take anyone over without extreme difficulty or strings attached.))

((Not to say it isn't possible. Difficult, but anything is possible with enough essences.))
Oh, there's a large group of NPC's tnear a certain fountain of life...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 25, 2015, 10:48:55 pm »

Oh, there's a large group of NPC's tnear a certain fountain of life...

((You have a good point. I thought of the possibility myself, but eventually decided it was unlikely. If I remember correctly, you've never been to the forest- enslaving ents would be awfully hard to do without some blanket spell mind-controlling every non-mage Dwen meets.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 26, 2015, 12:57:21 am »

((Anyone want a golden throne of gold affinity for 5(or lower) shards? Wait, through, i'm making stuff with gold. Also, questions:
Could the golden throne give gold affinity to some non-magical people?
Anyone ever think of "Modifier" affinity other than Froggy Ninja?(Runes have a flavor of modifier)
Anyone looted Whaz?))
((Good luck with this throne...
Modifier affinities are not quite as battle-ready as others. They are good for second affinity, I think.
Looting done by Beirus not long ago, he got an aging sword from it. Not the brightest idea, by the way...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 26, 2015, 08:37:30 am »

((Anyone want a golden throne of gold affinity for 5(or lower) shards? Wait, through, i'm making stuff with gold. Also, questions:
Could the golden throne give gold affinity to some non-magical people?
Anyone ever think of "Modifier" affinity other than Froggy Ninja?(Runes have a flavor of modifier)
Anyone looted Whaz?))
((Good luck with this throne...

((The throne isn't an issue in and of itself. Its former occupant lived before the age of essences, when people were always vulnerable to horrible magic rolls. Now that magic isn't nearly so risky, I would imagine it is much more of a reliable tool.))

((Well, it does have a tendency to turn random things into gold. Hazard's affinity shouldn't make that much of an issue though.))

Anyway, PM'd action.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 26, 2015, 07:40:26 pm »

((It have a tendency to turn random things into gold))
Nah. Goes perfectly with midas-gloves.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: July 26, 2015, 11:30:06 pm »

((I imagine the turn title for 103 will be something like "Deadly Interception".))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 26, 2015, 11:34:13 pm »

Ah... I forgot....
2 hours left
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 27, 2015, 01:11:12 am »

((I imagine the turn title for 103 will be something like "Deadly Interception".))
((More like "Deaths, deaths all around!". I'd congrat you if killing succeeds...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 27, 2015, 08:46:53 am »

Turn 103

3 More Essences

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Suddenly Dwen was struck by an idea. There was no need to forge a shield of alcohol as useful as it would be, there was a simpler way! But that way would still require power.

-eye twitch- so that's the way its going to be.....

TRY AGIAN

Flare put on his most intimidating face. He looked intently at his hand where the cube would appear. It seemed that intimidation method worked, as a cubic decimeter of steel appeared before him. Was it luck or are spirits of magic seriously spineless?

"Hello, Kahel. You wouldn't mind helping me out here, would you? I'll give you the orb if you do."

Pm'd action.
"Perfect. You both offered great bids, but, knowing patterns of the human mind, Marcus had emerged victorious. Time mage, may I hear your name before we finish the fight?"

Kahel gestured at his new adversary, preparing to freeze his head solid. (Homing, Ranged. Essences used: 5 +1/+1, 2 +1 POT, +1/+2)
"I felt like I was going to lose that battle anyway. I am, or perhaps was, The Doctor, Destroyer of Worlds, Savior of Universes, and Lord of Time. You have followed the words of one who cares only for himself, and for that, you shall pay!"

The Doctor begins a mystical chant as he calls upon powers greater than himself to provide him with the means to destroy those that threaten his life force... or whatever opportunity comes his way.

PM turn. Expect something either crazy, stupid, self-destructive, or useless.

There was something both amusing and profitable to see two people standing few steps away from each other trying to bribe you into killing the other one. The deadliest auction, also known as term end of goblin democracy. But the bets were over and Kahel reached his decision. His target was the Doctor. Conjuring a sure kill spell in his hand, Kahel unleashed it against the one who offered less. The shining projectile flew at great speed towards Doctor who managed to roll out of the way, and though the spell turned around after mere moments, it was enough time for Time mage to use his own spell. Time shattered and rebuilt itself only to shatter and rebuild again. The magic within essences raged, dragging Kahels spell across timestreams and after Doctor. As spell finally burned out, Doctor heard familiar screech for a moment before Kahels magic thoroughly froze his head.
{Crystals of both Doctor and Harden are still on corpses FYI}

make 2 bird essences
i really should have learned by now to not eat strange fruit.
Approach the nearby mage(Remaining in the trees, unless it would seriously hamper communication). 2 Essences.
"'Ello there. I hope ya not gonna try and kill me. Ya don't seem very steady on ya feet. What's ya name?"

It was a strange situation, especially so when one knew who the two mages were. Seva, magician of birds, dazed and on the ground, while Gambler, mage of luck, was standing in the treetops, his suit none less dapper for his trip above the roof of the forest. Yet the two seemed friendly for now, would it lead to another team?

Another aether sense with 2 +1/+1 essences. Then make an aether essence.

Jase reached out with his power once more, this time strengthening the spell to deal with whatever clouded his magic before. And then he saw it. The great construct of magic that held up the whole island. Just after this mountain there was the wall of magic keeping the atmosphere inside. It was this magic that overrode whatever any other magic that Jase could have sensed.

"Meh, this stupid place. Better leave."
Go southwest towards the trees, keep looking around. Two essences.

Ancano was pondering. The lands that were raised, could they be an elaborate trap? Would they just fall when he walked sufficiently far over them? The opposition were fools, but it could be that they were smarter than they appeared. It did not matter though. The forest was and its mysteries were far more interesting than another field of grass. Yet the fields of grass were not entirely without merit. Ancanos' sharp eyes noticed a curious plant with three golden berries hanging off it.

Remove the corpse from the throne.
EDIT: And then sit on it.

The corpse with all the golden parts was surprisingly heavy but not so much as to become entirely immovable. It took some effort to roll it off the throne but Electra finally did it. It turned out to be a surprisingly comfortable throne, there were several cushions which had not lost any of their softness from the time the unlucky sod had rested upon them. Yet searching for a way as to how this thing worked Electra heard a suspicious sound of chains being dragged. Immediately, several of them emerged from sides of the throne and pinned Electra just the same as the corpse before was pinned. Was this thing a trap all along?

“So that’s the way it’s gonna be, eh? Well, I’m going after him.”

Go after the tempature mage, make three bees essences. Be sure to hum a happy tune as I go. Alerim will follow me, naturally.

Jonas moved off after his bee-hounds, seeking to catch Kahel. Temperature mage could become a serious problem unless he took care of this now. But it was no time for gloomy thoughts like that. He had at least three plans which all resulted in Kahles death, all of which would not obstruct each other in the slightest. Caught by optimism Jonas barely even noticed that he was whistling a melody. Victory awaited him.

Taxi the jet back to the shop and get out before I'm smushed to death. Look around, see how everything's doing, who's in the area? Seems like there's a huge influx of new mages these days. Ask the tree what's up.
3 more healing essences.

James finally got out of the cramped Jet and looked around. There were no mages nearby the treehouse, was it a coincidence or were people actually respecting his property was a question left unanswered. The treehouse however was covered in bright orange blossoms. That weren't here twenty minutes ago. Treehouse was now also silent, seemingly unwilling to speak. James shrugged and went to meditating instead.

"That's strange. I should search around."

Fly around and look for anything unusual. While doing so, two force essences.

It takes something special to be unusual when literal end of the world is mere fifty meters away, but a tree seemingly carved out of crystal somehow managed to fit the bill. Crimson landed nearby to inspect it and found out from a few stone throws that whatever the tree was it wasn't brittle. Although it did made a nice wind chime like sound.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Sorry guys, some unexpected stuff came up.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:00:48 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 103 And life goes to the highest bidder
« Reply #2410 on: July 27, 2015, 08:57:17 am »

"Hmm, i have seen so many fruits in my life, remembering what THIS is will be an hard task. looks pretty shiny though :3 "

Grab the berries, attempt to identify. Two essences because why not

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 27, 2015, 08:58:35 am »

2 Essences.
Right now,trying to stay away from the guys out there,some of them looked dangerous and were fighting when I came in.
"Heh. Same."
((Map is broke, I think, BTW))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:02:53 am by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 27, 2015, 09:25:46 am »

Almost there

Create 3 more essences
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 27, 2015, 09:31:17 am »

make 3 essences
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 27, 2015, 11:06:11 am »

"Rest well, Doctor, the Shaper of Time. So, Marcus, now that I have fulfilled my end of an agreement, I expect to get his shards and a short explanation on the sphere and strange snow field... As for the second part of the bargain, we'll see to it in the future, then you'll recuperate."

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 506