Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163887 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 103 And life goes to the highest bidder
« Reply #2430 on: July 28, 2015, 03:12:03 pm »

((I just realized that I might be in a place without Wi-Fi for 6-7 or so days starting tomorrow.))
(For Saturday, the 25): 2 more essences, if anyone seems dangerous, flee.

((Woo wifi))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:44:26 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: July 29, 2015, 12:33:01 pm »

Try again to talk to tree.
Make of the 3 essences of healing.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: July 29, 2015, 05:48:04 pm »

I accidentialy watched too much politics and was overcome with depression too strong to write a turn.

Then this happened. Praise Jibbers.

Beirus, update is comming in two hours, if you want your action in it, you have that much time to post it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: July 29, 2015, 06:14:00 pm »

Two aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: July 29, 2015, 07:13:27 pm »

PM'd action.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: July 29, 2015, 08:14:12 pm »

Turn 104

"Hmm, i have seen so many fruits in my life, remembering what THIS is will be an hard task. looks pretty shiny though :3 "

Grab the berries, attempt to identify. Two essences because why not

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ancano spent a good while trying to find a match for both plant and berries but in the end was forced to give up. It was possible that these were unique to this island, or that they were artificially created for some reason. They did not seem poisonous, but then again one could never know.

2 Essences.
Right now,trying to stay away from the guys out there,some of them looked dangerous and were fighting when I came in.
"Heh. Same."
make 3 essences

Seva and Gambler continued their pleasant chat, as the chance of them forming a team grew ever higher. It seemed that both had a few second thoughts about coming here, yet were not about to try to run away. Not permanently at least.

Almost there

Create 3 more essences

Dwen was waiting and charging his spells. Alcohol content seemed to have finished spreading around the lake, making water only about as alcoholic as weak beer. What impact this could have to Brewmasters plans remains unknown.

make 3 essences

Flare breathed out and sat down. This anger was not doing good for him. And unfortunately there was no one to vent that anger on nearby. Flare shock his head in an attempt to chase away stray angry thoughts and sank back into meditation. The cube would still need to be prepared.

Sarrak and Marcus hear a rather loud shout off in the distance:

"BWAHAHAHA! HERE I COME!"

Accelerate the pace, Alerim follows. Make 3 more bees essences until I arrive at the location of my newly named nemesis, the temperature mage.
"...Seems like explanation will have to wait. The Universe itself doesn't want me to hear it. Oh well."

Kahel signed and shouted back to the insane bee mage:

"Come closer, if you dare confront me!"

Kahel started conjuring overheated air cloud to deter incoming danger... Summon, Ranged + Moving and one of volume modifiers. All essences (they were not updated, btw).
Quote from: ATHATH
stuff
Quote from: To ATHATH
One spell per turn while in combat. Yes, initiating turn also counts as combat turn.

Jonas arrived at the edge of a frozen field, already recovering from casting on the way. In the field stood two men - one with half of head flayed and another, who had drawn Jonas here. Kahel the thermomancer. Yet immediately upon arrival strange things began happening. First, a third of his bee swarm split away and flew off to circle around the mage with flayed head. Next, bees that emerged from the side and flew off towards Kahel suddenly fell to the ground not to rise again. Yet the worst had yet to come.

Kahel was silently swearing. The cloud had formed, both large and hotter than any sauna, supporting itself by hot air from nearby lava fields. Yet that was where "Just as planned" part of current conditions ended. The cloud refused to respond to any of his mental commands, seemingly having a life of its own. Yet it seemed still intent on protecting him, as it fell on a small swarm of bees that were aiming for him. Marcus seemed to have gained some bees of his own, and the swarm around Jonas was somewhat smaller. That was good. But what was that damned high pitched whine?

A massive boulder, several times greater than any of the barrage that brought down Harden fell behind Kahel and Marcus. It was glowing red from heat, marking it clearly as one of Volcanos'. Yet the most distressing part was that it shattered losing almost a third of its mass into sharp, fast moving and searing hot cloud of shrapnel. Yet the stones never reached either mage. Instead they stopped midway and moved back towards the main mass. The magma stones that were resting around Harden also began flying towards the fresh rock. The main rock rose slightly into the air, supported by a pair of short but thick legs. A pair of arms formed capped off with sets of sharp claws. Once the creature finished forming it seemed as a mix of magma, man and bear. It did not look happy.

Spoiler: Magma bear (click to show/hide)

"Chains? Oh no."
Try to do something with the gold around me.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [4+1=5]

Eterna carefully attempted to think the chains away. That is, if you consider "carefully" and "Franticly" to be synonymous and "think" to be same as "magic"
The chains were torn away and firmly embed into nearby walls. That only applied to part of the chains though, as several still remained affixed firmly to the throne, creating links to the surrounding walls and floor. Eterna was free, but the throne would be harder to move than ever before.

Touch the crystal tree with my force arm. If nothing bad happens to me, then two force essences.

Crimson carefully walked next to the crystalline tree. If the strange thing noticed, it showed no signs of it. Then Crimson touched the tree with his artificial arm, not willing to risk a fleshy one. Crystalline tree reacted in no way whatsoever to this touch. But at that point, a strong gust of wind came from around the mountain, sending branches and leaves clashing against each other. Several leaves were torn off and sent flying. Crimson did not wait to test the properties of the leaves and took to the air immediately. Seeing the crystalline leaves embed into mountainside, some buried more than halfway into the stone, force mage felt rather justified in his hasty retreat.

Try again to talk to tree.
Make of the 3 essences of healing.

It took a few tries, but James had finaly heard the tree respond to his calls. "Knew that dealing with mages would lead to no good. Drained a fire spirit from the ground. Will not burn now." Fire spirit? Could it be the firefox?

Two aether essences.
Jace was still thinking. The magic could be of great use if tapped, but there was no way that the magic that held the whole island together would be left just as it is. There had to be some safeguard spells to prevent oportunistic mages from tering the whole thing apart.

((New character! Can't just give up on the first death, eh?))
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spell examples (click to show/hide)

Maniacal laughter upon entry. Scan immediate environment for threats (not good for mad science you see) and inconspicuously move away from it if any; if none found, find a nice clear area away from any... unenlightened ones. 3 machines essences.

Portal shone with life once more and Professor Jiksap entered the island. Known far and wide for both his madness and genius, Jiksap was a master of all things mechanical, capable of creating machines for basically any use, alongside with many wondrous contraptions that seemed entirely without purpose. Upon entering he looked around, finding one guy who was most certainly insane and another who smelt faintly of alcohol. It seemed that there were no immediate threats, so Jiksap sunk into his mind, overcome by ideas of what to do with this untouched land.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 104 Luck rolls revealed
« Reply #2436 on: July 29, 2015, 10:19:29 pm »

"You attacked a man who specializes in mind control with creatures as weak-minded as bees, and didn't expect this to happen?"

Pm'd stuff.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:13:02 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: July 29, 2015, 11:38:51 pm »

Now for phase 2

Turn part of the lake into alcohol, no essences
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: July 29, 2015, 11:41:29 pm »

pm'd action
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: July 30, 2015, 12:39:24 am »

more essence
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: July 30, 2015, 12:47:04 am »

three essences then eat the things

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: July 30, 2015, 01:29:29 am »

"HeheEheHehEHehe... What a fine view! Though I think it's missing something..."

Summon random clockwork pieces. Create 2 essences
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:34:40 am by thegamemaster1234 »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: July 30, 2015, 03:43:00 am »

2 more essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: July 31, 2015, 09:22:01 pm »

To Tree: "That's good, you can never have too much protection around here. Anything interesting happened while I was gone?"

James could barely remember the last time he could relax, where there wasn't some pressing issue or fight going on. So it's time to relax.
Sit down and summon a tea set. Get some water from the lake and boil it. Check to make sure the magma pit we use for cooking is staying hot, it might be cooling now that the Tree seemingly absorbed its power. Make two cups of the green tea that I accidentally summoned a long time ago, one for James and one for Grundar.
2 healing essences.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:22:36 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: July 31, 2015, 11:52:32 pm »

For now, keep observing the thing while I try and make two more force essences.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 506