Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163667 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 106 Most harmless combat
« Reply #2520 on: August 12, 2015, 05:45:48 pm »

"You're welcome. Now, for your companion... I think he prefers warmer climate."

Time for an elf roast. Commence!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: August 13, 2015, 12:29:29 am »

(Update update where is the update?)
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: August 13, 2015, 04:04:50 am »

Drag the throne into a opening.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: August 13, 2015, 06:21:41 am »

Turn 107

((I'll just go with the flow and agree with the suggestions. :P))

One explosion essence. Then, use my force arm/claw to dig out and gather as many crystals as I can.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crimson looked at the tree and decided that he did not want to try it again just yet. Besides, there were some perfectly fine leaves just lying around. Few were not too far buried and were easy to pull out, others proved more of a challenge. Claw could go through dirt easily enough, but stone proved too hard even for repeated bashing. In the end, Crimson ended up with a pile of seven crystal leaves.

"Alrighty then."

Go more south where the trees are.

And two essences.

With his newly forged shield in hand Ancano wandered off towards the forest. It was not too far away and upon entering it Ancano felt that something changed. It was not just a place where trees began growing, there was a clear line between forest and grasslands. How curious. A faint smell of grass reached heat mage and Ancano looked around seeking the source. It was close, very close in fact. Heat radiating from his shield had dried nearby grass, creating the aroma. It could be troublesome if some dry shrub caught fire within the forest.

"Be right back."
Climb up to the Ping while making a pair of Essences.

ok, see you later
make 2 essences

Gamblr left Seva to play with his new friend and climbed upwards. Just as he suspected, there was a nest filled with various bits and pieces of shiny metals, possibly collected by a bird that once was here. Yet among those mostly worthles pieces was somethning magical. There! A glint of gold, a badge of one "Archeologists" guilds. Little more than looters, they specialized in clearing tombs and ruins of anything valuable, and some gained enough riches to enchant their items. This badge seemed to be one of those items, crafted to instinctively draw the wearer towards valuable objects.
{+1 LUCK when searching for loot.}

Dammit I should have known that it would be guarded

Try intoxicating the elemental with alcohol, a lot of alcohol.

SPD [3] vs [4]
STR [3]
DEX [6]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [3]

Before Dwen could finish his spell the blood elemental was upon him. It seemed entirely unbothered by the water around it, moving as fast as a fish. Yet the distance gave away the action and Dwen had plenty of time to dodge. Yet the movement was a bit too swift, water that had to be moved out of the way drained shield as well as a punch would. But it was now Brewmasters chance, and by his magic, alcohol moved from the surrounding water into the blood elemental, engorging it. Had it been a creature of flesh, it would had been at least tipsy from the amount, but it was a being of magic. Even though the alcohol within was interfering with magic that held blood together, it was not by so much as to noticeably affect it.
{4.5 turns worth of shield left}

"Ah... a warm summer breeze... I will spare you for the moment for this happiness. Thank you, temperature mage."

Objective: kill Marcus. Alerim will impale Marcus, while I will ask the Great Swarm Queen to aid me in this battle.
"You're welcome. Now, for your companion... I think he prefers warmer climate."

Time for an elf roast. Commence!
Quote from: ATHATH
stuff

Jonas gave the command and as words left his mouth and order left his mind he realized what was happening. Marcus had cast a spell on him while dodging Alerims blade a minute ago. Only a quick dive in the snow allowed him to dodge swarm of stingers flying towards him. Meanwhile, Kahel was swearing again, as his magic once more created a large area of summer weather, this time around Alerim. Yet none witnessed his mistake this time, As Alerim had split his attention between trying to kill Marcus and dodging his own death at the hands of a magma bear. And he managed it with magnificent grace. A step that took him out of bear claws range moved him close enough to Marcus to attack. A mighty strike took off Marcus left hand by the shoulder and continued until it got stuck in Marcus ribs.  Mind mage fell, unable to handle the immense pain. But it was not a wound that would bother him for long, as death was far too imminent.
{Marcus, Bleedout 1 Turn left}

I don't want to carry around either a big cube or a weapon all the time, so try to turn my glass multitool into an armguard. Ideally it would cover my whole arm and hand, and have powered joints to increase strength. A non-powered armguard would be okay too though. Mostly I think it would be cool to type on my armguard then have a weapon or tool pop out. Don't really expect it to prevent much physical damage being made of glass.

If I have time with all the tinkering summon 3 more healing pills.

While tinkering ask Grundar:
"Do you mind finding and bringing back Azenfar's body? I want to give him a proper burial. It's the least I can do since I failed to save him."

James was tinkering with the glass contraption once again. It was a bit too cumbersome to carry, never mind the possible accidental button clicks transforming it into something dangerous or sharp. Then, among many identical buttons James noticed one that was marked. A large ring, which had a small ring within, with arrows tracing from large ring to the small ring. Finally, a stroke of luck. A piece of the cube seemingly folded in on itself, then another, then a third. James only began to worry when the cube shrunk to a quarter of its previous size and red glow began spreading from within. But it was too late, the cube exploded, sending very sharp shards of glass flying everywhere. Due to close proximity, James caught almost half of them. Healer fell flat on his back, feeling the pain overcome him.
{James, Bleedout, 3 turns remaining}

"the core needs to be...smart as a dog maybe?  (sigh) and then binding it all together....im not sure if this engine is going to be enough"

more power while I puzzle out the logistics

Flare was still pondering, but by now he had finished thinking ideas and began considering possibilities. A device is only as good as its weakest link, and it would not do to have the effort foiled just because, say, golem could not pull its own weight.

A new puzzle?? What joy!!

Put on the thaumic disruptor backpack. Put together the new puzzle with a weapon in mind. 2 more essences.

Jiksap was never the kind to refuse a gift, (unless it was from someone he hated or something he already had or if it had a triple helix spiral) and this was not an exception. Now this piece goes there, and that bit goes there, and that over there as an ornament... Jiksap was once more a bit too immersed in the process to see what he was constructing. The shape indicated that it was a gun, probably a rifle of sorts, although further inspection revealed that it was more of a self-reloading crossbow. It would be able to fire most anything bolt shaped, now it was only a matter to procure some.

Two more aether essences.

Jace was still waiting for something to happen. It would simply not make any sense for this place to be completely empty. A faint scratching noise reached his ears and Jace turned to see a small golem crab. A crab of stone, it lived wherever there was enough hard rock for it to sustain itself. It would make sense for it not to care for abound magical energies within this place.

Three more essences.

The fields were surprisingly safe now, away from mirages there were no "native" creatures yet, as it would take decades for them to appear, and any life that was here before would most likely be removed by the expanding influence of magic font. Viznor was meditating without a care for this world.

Drag the throne into a opening.

Eterna tried his best to push the throne out of the hall but it refused to budge. Both massive and made of pure gold, it was very heavy. If Eterna wanted to get this out, he'd need to think of something else.

Once again the main portal flashed to life as a pair of mages entered the competition and bet their lives.
Alexander the second, a blademaster of considerable skill, few even knew that he had magic powers. Though that was less so because of his fame with a blade and more so because of how few survivors he left.
Shias the Druid, a hermit from the far west, known to but a few, yet respected by them all. A man of great talent and great experience, it did not take long for Shias to notice the nearby forest and move off towards it. Old age was generally not too troubling for mages of his power and it was even less so for him, with a body hardened by decades spent in the wilds.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: August 13, 2015, 06:24:38 am »

(Update update where is the update?)

((In my defence, it's +35C outside))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 107 Blademasters and Bladedancers
« Reply #2525 on: August 13, 2015, 06:38:12 am »

((Gore! Blood! How fleeting is our time in this world...

Also, FallacyofUrist, your luck is damn horrifying.))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:39:55 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: August 13, 2015, 06:49:33 am »

"eheh, hope i dont cause a forest fire"

explore. Anything of interest? Any mage creeping around? Any reason why i wouldnt make two essences?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: August 13, 2015, 07:08:04 am »

Now that Shias was in the forest it was time to call out guardians of the forest. It is only polite to ask permission to stay and wander within when dealing with obviously magical forests. And in case guardians are angry, it is recommended to ask if any deeds are needed.

While waiting guardians to arrive and speak, Shias meditates creating three plant essenses.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 13, 2015, 07:41:10 am »

((...am I the pink dot on that central point?))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: August 13, 2015, 08:04:19 am »

"'Ello there! 'Elcome to our little neck o' the woods. Please don't make trouble, if ya will."
Greet the new 'un, then go a bit closer to the center of the forest and send out another ping. 2 +1/+1 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 13, 2015, 08:58:56 am »

((Compensation for None and No's violent deaths. Maybe. Probably not.))
((James gets bleed out? After all this time, all these people trying to kill him, his current largest chance of death is from a magic glass cube? Really?))

"Finish him! Finish him!"

"It doesn't seem necessa-AGH!"
A spasm of electricity wracks Jonas.
"Wrong answer. When you're dealing with dying mages, they have no reason to abstain from blasting all their shards at you in one uber-powerful spell."

"Mind control mage must be finished..."

Jonas has Alerim remove Marcus' head before he(Marcus) has a chance to cast. Meanwhile, Jonas turns to the magma bear and speaks thusly: "Lo, agent of the great volcano, I sense and see your hostility towards me and my elf minion Alerim. All things considered, I'm removing your foes from this area by ending their lives! Once I'm done with this fight, I'll take the dead mages' loot and then leave your territory, going after that temperature mage. You have no reason to fight me. If you would like to claim a portion of the dead mages' shards as your own, I have no issue with that."

((If you haven't figured it out, the visor is the main reason Jonas is being so homicidal.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 13, 2015, 09:06:24 am »

((If you haven't figured it out, the visor is the main reason Jonas is being so homicidal.))

((Would you actually start RPing him differently if it was taken off? I kinda assumed it was just an IC explanation for his/your decision to murder everybody.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: August 13, 2015, 09:10:08 am »

((Would you actually start RPing him differently if it was taken off? I kinda assumed it was just an IC explanation for his/your decision to murder everybody.))
((If the visor was removed, I would RP him differently- though there'd probably be a bit of anger from Jonas because the visor was a gift from a friend.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: August 13, 2015, 09:14:44 am »

((If the visor was removed, I would RP him differently- though there'd probably be a bit of anger from Jonas because the visor was a gift from a friend.))
((I must say, he has great friends. As for figuring out, I couldn't point how often does visor intervene. Now all seems clearer))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:23:03 am by Sarrak »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: August 13, 2015, 11:06:14 am »

((Compensation for None and No's violent deaths. Maybe. Probably not.))
((James gets bleed out? After all this time, all these people trying to kill him, his current largest chance of death is from a magic glass cube? Really?))

"Finish him! Finish him!"

"It doesn't seem necessa-AGH!"
A spasm of electricity wracks Jonas.
"Wrong answer. When you're dealing with dying mages, they have no reason to abstain from blasting all their shards at you in one uber-powerful spell."

"Mind control mage must be finished..."

Jonas has Alerim remove Marcus' head before he(Marcus) has a chance to cast. Meanwhile, Jonas turns to the magma bear and speaks thusly: "Lo, agent of the great volcano, I sense and see your hostility towards me and my elf minion Alerim. All things considered, I'm removing your foes from this area by ending their lives! Once I'm done with this fight, I'll take the dead mages' loot and then leave your territory, going after that temperature mage. You have no reason to fight me. If you would like to claim a portion of the dead mages' shards as your own, I have no issue with that."

"You should listen to your 'friend'."

Isn't there a modifier for going first in initiative?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 506