Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163859 times)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #255 on: July 20, 2014, 12:49:19 am »

"Using all five shards on the portal... Oh well, going to the remaining mountain sounds fine. As for the wings, I'll use my force magic. Just sit down and recuperate and hope nothing goes wrong."

Jump up and use the force generated by that and my body displacing the air to create solid (-1) wings of force.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:04:04 am by Crimson »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 20, 2014, 01:59:13 am »

CMP 1
POT 6
You propel yourself to stratosphere

And yes, your soul will heal in a while.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2014, 02:14:03 am »

"Oh. That was a bit unexpected..."

Whaz looked with a hint of sadness onto his axe, but then decided that it would make a perfect target for spell practice.

Turn axehead into concentrated darkness. Just to see, if I can make material even half as good.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:16:55 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2014, 05:31:03 pm »

And I'm back.
Kaladin, I edited your action into previous turn, throw in your new action and we'll get this roling again.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2014, 08:40:18 pm »

How big of a wall are we talking about?

If the Naga can't get to me, fuse the vines with my back. If it can, attempt to disarm it with the grass.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2014, 09:35:04 pm »

May I join?
Name: Mr. Sandman
Affinity: Dreams
Description(optional): Wears a sandy brown robe with golden glitter mixed in. Looks sleepy and bored, nothing gets a major reaction out of him.
STR=2
DEX=0
SPD=0
END=4
POT=2
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:15:43 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2014, 04:44:48 am »

May I join?
Name: Mr. Sandman
Affinity: Dreams
Description(optional): Wears a sandy brown robe with golden glitter mixed in. Looks sleepy and bored, nothing gets a major reaction out of him.
STR=4
DEX=0
SPD=0
END=2
POT=2

Pick a color and you're in.

How big of a wall are we talking about?

If the Naga can't get to me, fuse the vines with my back. If it can, attempt to disarm it with the grass.

The wall is 1.5m tall, naga has to go through it, it is roughly 3m thick. But it is still just simple grass, anyone could just walk through it.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2014, 05:34:56 am »

I pick this
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:44:21 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2014, 10:14:48 am »

When the naga tries to walk through the grass, trap it inside and choke it.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2014, 04:44:48 pm »

Turn 13
__________________________________________________________________________________
Create a Circle of containment (-1) and gesture to James to knock it in there.
Summon a nonmagical minion with 7 shards. gain a new magic affinity with 10 shards. If I can choose which affinity to gain, choose shards.

Create a Circle of containment (-1) and gesture to James to knock it in there.
Kick the fox into the containment circle.
Heal either David or myself if we get injured.

"David? What are you doing here? I saw you die!"

Hmmm...

Try and discern what chemical reactions occur within the firefox

SPD [6-1=5]
CMP [1]
POT [5+2=7]
STR[3-1=2]

SPD [6]
STR [1]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [6+1+1=8]

SPD [5]
CMP [1]
POT [1]
STR [1-1=0]

LUCK [4]

David and Irus whiped out their spells simultaneously as James moved in position to strike. Firefox started glowing with intense heat, yet something went wrong during the spell and it started loosing cohesion. David, not wanting to miss such a chance, carved out a few runes on the ground and channeled his power into them. But something was wrong! In a flash, runes pulled in the trio, David and James smashed into eachother, while Irus splatered across them. Both mages suffered some serious burns, but the pridefull fox was no more. James got up with a groan, he had expected some damage, likely on his leg, but this was absurd. In a hurry before pain owerwhelmed him, healer woved a spell to fix both him and his rune wielding companion. Almost immedietly, James felt pain fade away as a wave of pleasure washed over him. When he got up, neither James nor david had any marks that any fire related accident just happend.

Rohan was looking at this conflict from aside, observing the firefox and trying to discern what was making it move. Sadly for him, it seemed that Irus ran on solid magic. No barbeciu/petting zoo for now, it would seem.

"I bet you're wondering why there aren't mountains here anymore. Well, I found this dimensional portal in the mountain that once stood here. I decided that going to a landscape through the portal was too mainstream. After all, any mage can do that. So I powered it with five soul shards and brought the landscape to me."
Oh well, maybe my soul will heal in time. Continue recuperating and wait to see the results of Crimson's spell. Then we can head to the remaining mountain. I'll fly there, of course.

"Using all five shards on the portal... Oh well, going to the remaining mountain sounds fine. As for the wings, I'll use my force magic. Just sit down and recuperate and hope nothing goes wrong."

Jump up and use the force generated by that and my body displacing the air to create solid (-1) wings of force.

CMP [4]
POT [1+1=2]

Crimson jumped while chanting a complex spell to redirect various forces at work in a way more usefull. He managed to properly account for all variables, but in his focus on form he misjudged size. The final result was a wing shaped forcefield on his back, barely half a meter across.

"Well, unless they are much more skyworthy than they look, looks like you will be walking, mister cherubin." Jase commented while chuckling.

"Oh. That was a bit unexpected..."

Whaz looked with a hint of sadness onto his axe, but then decided that it would make a perfect target for spell practice.

Turn axehead into concentrated darkness. Just to see, if I can make material even half as good.

CMP [2-1=1]
POT [2]

Shadow mage focused his will once more at his axe. Shadows gathered around it,and dissipated, leaving the axe just as it was before. "You know, mabye this is why so many dark mages are sociopaths. The spells don't seem to work unless there is some FRESH MURDER AROUND" Truly, the only good thing here was that Mezala didin't see this failure.

When the naga tries to walk through the grass, trap it inside and choke it.

SPD [3+1=4]
LUCK [6]
CMP [2]
POT [4]

SPD [6]
STR [5]

Naga managed to pull out her blade by cuting off a large chunk of grass. Yet she hesitated proceding onwards, still wary of a possible trap. And she was not entirely wrong to expect that, as by Isaacs command grass rose and reached out for her. They couldn't quite reached her, and so Naga returned back to mowing grassland down, this time with all six of her arms.
_________________________________________________________________________________
From within the portal a curious looking mage stepped out. Mr.Sandman, shepard of dreams wielder of nightmares. He walked like not fully awake, with a look on his face that shown him as a man only barely interested in matters of this world. How many will fall before him as their greatest fears assault their very being?
_________________________________________________________________________________

I'll upload the map tomorow, as I'm rather tired today. Refer to previous map if neccesary in the meantime, barely anything has changed.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:43:46 pm by DreamerGhost »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2014, 05:10:39 pm »

Was the fox worth any shards? I suppose they would go to David.

Summon a minion with 7 shards. Summon bottles with my new summoning magic.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:32:36 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2014, 05:22:53 pm »

Was the fox worth any shards? I suppose they would go to David.

Spend 7 shards on a minion. Summon bottles with my new summoning magic.

It was (4) and they did.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2014, 05:44:12 pm »

Have the roots of the grasses move dirt to create a pit-fall trap in front of the naga, then when it falls in, cover the pit in plants.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2014, 07:57:32 pm »

"Hey guy. Mind lending me a shard and or summoning a writing utensil?"

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2014, 09:47:22 pm »

"Hrm... Fresh murder, indeed. But not with this axe, sadly. Well, perhaps another try? A small improvement... Yes...

I use shadows from across the room to weave and create a sharpened dark edge for my axe.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:49:49 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 506