Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182474 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 107 Blademasters and Bladedancers
« Reply #2550 on: August 14, 2015, 01:19:40 am »

"Hm... Just as I thought to talk to him about the situation, once again he displays sudden ruthlessness and compulsive behavior. Something is not right, yet..."

Humming a tune, Kahel walked back onto the battlefield. The only creature he feared, a spawn of volcanic lands, seemed quite more obsessed with beekeeper's elf and would not pose an immediate threat. He coughed, trying to get Jonas attention:

"I greet you once again, Beekeeper. Might you be interested in a truce between us, until we lose this beast behind? It would be quite rational to do so."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: August 14, 2015, 09:37:14 am »

"No, sorry, I'm not leaving my loot. AGGHH!!!"

"You do not make truces! Ever! No consideration to truces! None! Unless absolutely necessary!!!"

"It shall be as you say, mentor..."

"If you dare interfere with my looting you shall die. Period. Now begone, take your head start- it won't last."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: August 14, 2015, 10:06:05 am »

What color am I?

I just realized that if Jiksap teamed up with the luck guy, they could reliably pump out a semi-random magitech item every two turns. I think that's faster than even NAV's item production rate.

((Limegreen))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: August 14, 2015, 12:07:42 pm »

"Hm. So, you already think about this loot as yours? Well, I sadly can't deny you Markus, but as about others... I think I have a much more valuable research to conduit and can't spare these shards."

Come closer and gather shards from the corpses while it is still possible. Beware of the bear, ignore mild distractions that my shield should deal with.

---

If even partly successful and not dead:

"Heed my decree, Universe! I, Kahel the Changer, master of heat and cold alike, call forth a creature from the fiery depths of Abyss itself, to serve me in my ultimate quest!"

Short of breath after the mighty shout, Kahel whispered mostly to himself:

"May it be intelligent, at very least."

((7 Shards crushed for a minion. If I have more shards, the creature summoned is not powerful enough (<6 LUCK) AND does not pose a specific interest (knowledgeable/has special abilities), immediately follow with:))

"And now, my second decree! Just as the Abyss has provided me its denizen, so will the icy Cocytys! Come forth, a demon of freezing! Heed my will and join my quest!"

Exhausted, he could only add:

"Lets hope for the better..."

(("Do not deny the mage his research. Or you shall suffer!" - ancient saying))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:23:36 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: August 14, 2015, 02:41:15 pm »

To the magma bear:

"While you're at it, mind helping me deal with the temperature mage?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: August 14, 2015, 02:49:05 pm »

To the magma bear:

"While you're at it, mind helping me deal with the temperature mage?"
"Why are you so focused upon my destruction? I'm dead in a turn anyway. If you let me die in peace, I will not try to destroy you next turn. Deal?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: August 14, 2015, 02:50:13 pm »

"Hush hush, my elf will deal with you."
Generic Arms Race.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: August 14, 2015, 03:13:08 pm »

"Exactly! This is overkill!"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: August 14, 2015, 05:36:49 pm »

"It is foolish to assume that primordial creature of earth and fire would 'help' you. It wants death - and death it gives. To anyone who draws its ire."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: August 14, 2015, 05:42:00 pm »

"Exactly! It will help me because I want death also!"

"Exactly! This is overkill!"
"Get your memory straight, I asked it for help with the temperature mage, not you! Though it probably would help kill you also."
Generic Arms Race.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: August 14, 2015, 06:39:06 pm »

"Exactly! It will help me because I want death also!"
"Ah, but we want to kill people too. In fact, you seem almost hesitant in your desire to kill people, while we would not, so if it sides with anyone due to a desire to cause death, it would probably be us."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: August 14, 2015, 09:59:40 pm »

"var homicide++;"

"Kill-kill-exterminate-kill-kill-die-exterminate-kill-die-exterminate!"

After I'm done talking with the bear, be sure to kick in the mind control mage's skull. Twice.
Generic Arms Race.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: August 14, 2015, 10:35:38 pm »

Professor Jiksap's mind suddenly came across a rather strange thought: what if, for whatever reason, he would become unable to react to his current thoughts, only able to follow instructions on a piece of paper? He decided to prepare, just in case this ever actually happened.

((I'm going on a beach vacation for a week and may or may not be able to submit turns. Depending on the situation, I may or may not miss next Wednesday's or next Sunday's turns. The following commands are for those two turns in the case that I am unable to take my turn.))

Spoiler: Turns? What turns? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:14:41 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: August 14, 2015, 10:42:19 pm »

"That doesn't work. Next."
Turn the throne's legs into wheel.
((There is a lot of colors to explore.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: August 15, 2015, 02:07:12 pm »

Name: Bob T. Baker
Affinity: Paleomage (able to summon and/or control any extinct animal)
Description (optional): An older man who, in addition to his magic, is an expert paleontologist. Has a light gray/white beard, and wears a cowboy hat. An old friend of Professor Jigzap.
STR= 1
DEX= 1
SPD= 1
END= 1
POT= 4
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 506