Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1164032 times)

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 109 Bloody demons
« Reply #2640 on: August 22, 2015, 06:54:34 am »

"I forgot to introduce myself, eh? Very well; I am Professor Jiksap (NOT Jigzap, that's my evil twin back home), master inventor, machinist, repairman... A what you say? An object capable of changing its shape and size at the press of a button? That must be a very useful contraption indeed, if it were not made of something so fragile... Hmm? A JET?! Though I long to study your marvelous mechanism, I will accept your gracious offer."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: August 22, 2015, 10:04:32 am »

Ah, okay sorry about the misunderstanding and about being kind of rude. Just being cautious/paranoid.
Nah, it was justified. If the plane of fallen warriors thing didn't work out, I was actually going to steal it and help Sarrak with it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: August 23, 2015, 08:01:29 pm »

Three essences.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: August 23, 2015, 09:25:55 pm »

Have the crab take me to the biggest one of its kind in the area. Two essences on the way.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: August 24, 2015, 08:02:54 am »

Turn 110

"Ten Buttons, eh? 'Erhaps If I just kinda reach out and..."
Feel out through the courses of fortune to understand the way I should press the buttons to open the chest. Use 2 +1/+1 essences and 1 each of the +1 to CMP and POT Essences, for a total of +3/+3.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gambler closed his eyes, cast the spell and reached out with his left hand. Magic momentarily numbed the hand as it did its work, but as Gambler opened his eyes again he found two of his fingers resting on two of the buttons. The other eight were all flukes. But this was not exactly the answer he was looking for.

Swim towards the shore and then run through other mages if the blood elemental chases me, if it doesn't make 3 essences

"No use in getting killed yet, must prepare, must prepare."

Dwen did not want to deal with the elemental. He had come underprepared and it showed. The elemental he'd be able to beat, but there could be other dangers. He'd return later.

"Agh, no, it's all going wrong... no... I shall be victorious. It is time."

Here is the reckoning. Jonas staggers to his feet, then invokes the Great Swarm Queen to grant him power, great power for bee magic. Jonas then uses his shard for potency, possibly throwing in a few years of his life while he's at it, to transform the magma bear into bees that obey his orders. Meanwhile, the honorable dwarf pummels the ice demon and Alerim attempts to staunch his wound. Before beginning his magic chant, Jonas sends his remaining bees to kill the temperature mage.
"Splendid. Now, we'll wait for a moment. Who would win, bear or mage - your guess?"

Kahel looked at the bloodied elf with academical interest.

"Seems even more fragile than most humans... Though it does pose some danger for simple mortals due to its inherent quickness..."

Three essences or shield overheat if attacked by the swarm. Watch as the combat rages on.

Bofrec was worried, the one who summoned him was certainly a mage. And he knew, just like any honest dwarf knew, that wizard and madman are almost synonymous. Just now, the mage had told him to go and help an elf. To leave him in hands of uncertain fate (that was quickly leaning towards certain death) and go help a twig slinger, with whom dwarves were long time in strife. Then mage smacked the magma bear with his hand and bear turned into bees. Bofrec then understood that he had happened on someone especially wizardly, and rushed off. Just a few meters ahead he noticed among magma rocks a creature seemingly made entirely out of ice spikes, trying to flay a knifear while it moaned on the ground, its arm torn off and lying nearby. Even though Bofrec remembered ancient mythos and ice demons within them, he could not for his life tell if the elf was a damsel in distress or just a particular elfish elf. But the demon was the threat he had to face, and charged ahead, the battle plan already in his head. Few exchanges of blade and ice did not hit anything vital, but when Bofrec took a step back to catch his breath, demon had far fewer spikes over its body.

Jonas had a plan to deal with the bear, but he would have only one chance. As the creature lowered its paw to strike, Jonas met it with his own arm, as he did not wasn’t to risk casting this from afar. It was simple, use the bear as material in making more bees. But he had lost all the power he had stored before, and his power might have not been enough. So Jonas called upon the Great Swarm Queen for help. As his hand scattered bear into a cloud of flying insects, Jonas knew that the call had been answered. Only after Jonas attempted to command the new swarm did he understand his error. "You have sent several of us to death, you wield us as tools and servants, but no more. You will fall here and we will not need to bow again." With horror, Jonas realized that the swarm before him was advancing towards him.

Kahel observed how ice demon was no longer taking its job seriously and was toying with the elf. Yet reprimand would need to wait, as a cloud of bees appeared from where Jonas was. His heat shield did not feel like activating this time, which meant that Kahel had to do it manually, yet many bees snuck through. His only choice was to attempt to dodge, but there was hardly a way to dodge the swarm attacking from all sides. Still Kahel tried and almost succeeded. Only about twenty of the bees managed to sting him. It was painful but it was not the whole swarm. Yet these were no common bees, and Kahel soon found his vision swimming. Magic attempts in nearby future would be risky.
{Kahel,Distrupted magic, 3 turns. -1CMP, cannot make essences}

2 more essences,let my velociraptors establish a pack hierarchy

Seva sat and observed the two enlarged velociraptors before him. They circled each other carefully, making some screeches, a few halfhearted jabs, but no real attempt at fighting. The two seemed fairly equally matched, but neither wanted to step back.

Gather as many crystal leaves as I can from the tree in one turn. Be prepared to fly away though in case the wind gets stronger.

Crimson carefully picked one of the leaves and extended his hand. He carefully grabbed it with two fingers, avoiding sharp edges, and pulled. The leaf detached without much difficulty, and remained in Crimsons hand. Yet as the leaf detached, the branch to which it was connected shook and a clear sound like a silver bell could be heard. Crimson jumped back and shielded himself with his force hand as every leaf on the tree just fell straight downwards, either burying into hard rock or shattering itself into hard crystalline roots just below the ground. Mage of steel managed to get away with only most minor of scratches, yet collecting might have just became more difficult.

"Hmph. Pixies."

Keep looking for mushrooms, preferrably type with known hallucinogenic properties, but really any mushroom will do.
Three more essences.

Shias went off looking around. He looked far around, but the mushrooms were nowhere to be found. It was incredibly unusual. Then Shias noticed a red cap with white dots on it. Finally, something useful. Yet as soon as Shias took a step towards the red amanita, the mushrooms grew legs and ran away. Druid was very confused by this, was the magic within the forest this strong? The answer was above him. Bright orange petals adorned the trees and from them wind carried a gusts of spores. Unknowingly, Shias had breathed in the spores, and the effects could soon be felt in full. In his eyes, trees grew faces and began discussing roman architecture. Birds began swimming through the earth while moles rose from the earth and constructed a blimp entirely out of left handed mugs.

Much, much better.
Now, try to recreate(-1) Plan C, aka the rapier(-1). Need to create as many backup blades as possible, after all.

Alexander knew well that one sword was often not enough. Especially when dealing with wizards. There were so many ways to destroy an item, so he needed a backup. He called out with his magic, seeking a lighter blade this time - a rapier. Yet the magic collapsed, and from the vortex of magic before him, Alexander heard the sound of blades clashing, he saw combat across thousand planes, as swords from those places called out to him. By the time spell ended, Alexander had figured out several secrets of swordsmanship, making him that much more deadly.
{Secrets of the sword - While wielding a sword, +1 to DEX and STR}

Push the throne into a opening.

Destra knew that the path he took to get here did not involve the opening he wanted. But there was a place. It took some maneuvering, but throne was now atop on a small pile of rubble, overlooking a grand hall on which a large part of ceiling had collapsed, lifting the floor by a few inches and replacing the ceiling with blue, cloudless sky.

swim like a beautiful fishy searching for loot. But craft two essences first.
Also leave the shield on the ground so that... Everything burns and i dont drown.

Ancano left his shield on the shore, as swimming with any shield would be nigh impossible, more so with one that would actively boil the water around it, and dived into the waters. Within the waters, he saw strange creatures. If mermaids were half human half fish, these would be half mermaid half fish. They still kept some humanoid appearances, but their entire bodies were covered in scales. Maybe half lizardmen half fish? They seemed friendly enough, one even pointed to a particular ship, and Ancano noticed through a gap in the ship that there was an unmistakable glint of reflecting light in there. A mirror? Gems and Gold? It could be very well worth checking.

Cast enchantment to discover where, if any, formerly extinct animals are on the island. Then talk to Professor Jigzap.

Bob scattered his magic in a searching web to see if any ancient creatures were present on the island. But the island was just a tad too big and the targets a tad too varied for the spell he forged, so all the magic returned was white noise, strongest from below the earth where one could expect to find fossils. Oh well, there was still an old friend to chat with.

Professor Jiksap is slightly startled by a tap on his shoulder and looks up to see two mages patiently waiting, staring expectantly, one of which is covered in rather oddly shaped shards of glass radiating with residual magical power.

Hello there! Did I doze off? Ooh, you're covered in glass! Never was the best thing to make stuff with, glass. And there's something... what in the blazes is this?!
Fix the crazy exploded glass thing, all essences, letting James help out if he decides to (repair is really just healing for machines, after all). Then create two more essences if nothing crazy happens. Oh, and load my crossbow with some of those new bolts.
"I agree with you, glass really isn't the best material. But it was an incredibly useful machine, it could turn into almost anything with the push of a button. Being made of glass never really caused any problems until I found the self destruct button.

Anyways, its very useful and has a lot of sentimental value to me, so if you can fix it I'll give you that slightly used fighter jet over there. Not really a fair trade, I know, but the jet has served its purpose and I have no more use for it. So what do you say?

I'm James by the way. James the healer. What's your name?"

Spoiler: Nah (click to show/hide)

I'll help Jiksap fix the cube. Cast a healing spell, and use Jigzap's repair spell to channel the healing into the broken machine. Use about half my non-chaos essences for this.
Then make 2 healing essences of course.

The cube shock, as from seemingly nowhere shards of glass appeared and stuck to the cube, restoring damaged parts. Then, glass shards began sticking where they had not been before, expanding the cube. Soon, cube was larger and covered in ornaments, and instead of glass plastic and paper began appearing. They wrapped themselves around the cube, forming a bag and then a box. The box fell to the ground, and on it, in bright red letters was written "Omnicube 3000, handle with care, do not give to children under age of 3"

Three essences.

Wiznor was meditating in the flesh fields. Fell winds were around him, but that did not matter. Ghosts and apparitions tried to scare him away but he did not care for their wails. He was in a world of his own at the time, immune to the terrors outside.

Have the crab take me to the biggest one of its kind in the area. Two essences on the way.

Crab scurried off at Jace's command and mage followed Jace behind it. Soon, they reached a cave, and the crab went in it. It did not seem a natural cave; the walls were too rugged and uneven. Had the crabs dug the cave while eating stones? Jace was worried about light, but the fear proved unfounded as the cave was illuminated by some strange crystals that emitted red light. Further ahead, heat began increasing until it became hot enough for Jace to sweat. Soon, cave opened in a large chamber, within it there were several golemic crabs, some as large as a dining table, some even smaller than the one which led Jace here. Among the crabs, was a humanoid figure of stone - a true golem. It looked at Jace and greeted him "Hello there. What brings you to my workshop?"

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 110 SCP-890
« Reply #2645 on: August 24, 2015, 08:04:49 am »

I have been having a hard time accepting that making an update now takes more than two hours, but it should get better. Next update will be on thursday to compensate, but that should be the last late update.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: August 24, 2015, 08:16:34 am »

"Need more power....an core of the caliber I reqirue takes a bit of work....hmmm...and binding it all to togther."

more power! Power for the core!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: August 24, 2015, 08:28:46 am »

ok, one more should be enough
another velociraptor, same as the first two, use all non-chaotic essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: August 24, 2015, 08:43:28 am »

"See, Jonas? Your misjudgment cost you much and could cost even more... But as you refused to listen, I won't interfere."

Kahel moves closer to minion fight, trying to backside the dwarf (if he refuses the truce) and get a lucky strike in. If no opportunity occurs - he would still serve as distraction.

"Your master would be dead soon. Perhaps it's time for a truce? I have nothing against you now, dwarf, but if you prefer to be stubborn..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: August 24, 2015, 09:08:12 am »

The Gambler presses a button, relying on his stockpile of accrued luck to ensure that it's the right one.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: August 24, 2015, 09:26:41 am »

"Recalculating-insufficient data. Outcome reserved to chance. Recommended action-$*#$*#($U$* #$&$*&#($#*% (#$&%(#($&^%#%&(# $#&$*#"

"You do realize that those are bees? Bees I can easily control?"

Dwarf and elf must fight together... well... well enough, anyway. Alerim and the dwarf are going to need to fight together(as much as possible) to defeat the ice demon. Meanwhile, Jonas will be casting a spell to mentally link himself with the magma swarm. Let's throw a few years of my life into the spell, for good measure.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: August 24, 2015, 10:09:12 am »

"YIPPEE! WE DID IT!!! I suppose that means I get the jet now? Bye!"

Make my way over to the jet. Then a little PM thing (secret plan is secret) and 3 essences.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: August 24, 2015, 10:26:29 am »

4 essences
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: August 24, 2015, 02:29:31 pm »

(Note: all animals I summon are 100% scientifically accurate.)

Summon velociraptor. If summons is successful, it should be completely obedient to me (due to my ability to control prehistoric creatures).

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: August 24, 2015, 02:30:35 pm »

((You're going to need to cast the control prehistoric creature spell on it after it's summoned. Or just summon an obedient velociraptor.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 506