Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182772 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2014, 11:38:35 pm »

((Aww, I wanted to try stuff on that fox.))

"My first couple of tries didn't work so well either. But maybe I can help you out."

Manipulate the aether inherent in the wing spell to enhance Crimson's wings, strengthening them enough to allow him to fly.

((Will this sort of spell work out, DG? Are there any spell maluses?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2014, 11:59:01 pm »

((Yeah, it will work, and there will be a -1 for conecting diferent energies))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2014, 12:03:22 am »

((Yeah, it will work, and there will be a -1 for conecting diferent energies))
((The different energies being his energy and the spell's energy?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2014, 12:08:09 am »

((Misread your action. Thought you wanted to add aether extensions to his wings. Nevermind and carry on.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 29, 2014, 12:17:23 am »

((Misread your action. Thought you wanted to add aether extensions to his wings. Nevermind and carry on.))
((So no malus? Yay. Also, if this mage thing doesn't work out, Jase could make a living by giving long, flowing, ethereal extensions to women with bad hair.  :P))

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2014, 01:30:42 am »

Let Jase enhance my not so large wings.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:33:59 pm by Crimson »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2014, 05:42:39 am »

'Hmm... I believe the best way to go would be the castle, "yawn", buildings of brick and mortar is usually where dreamers lie,"doze off, then snap awake", asleep
((If this is annoying i'll stop.))
Stretch, then walk off to the castle
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:46:07 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2014, 07:06:52 am »

((I was thinking about taking new affinity... Say, can I take Death one to receive bonuses to CMP from the death of closest mages? Because I tend to get lucky magic rolls only when someone dies, I thought about taking it to extreme.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2014, 10:45:47 am »

((any suggestions for actions?))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2014, 10:48:05 am »

((Make some awesome stuff to sell in the bottles.))

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2014, 10:50:46 am »

((Healing potions don't have chemical formulas that are I know... hmm... can anyone summon raw materials for me to work with?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2014, 11:22:22 am »

((So no malus? Yay. Also, if this mage thing doesn't work out, Jase could make a living by giving long, flowing, ethereal extensions to women with bad hair.  :P))

((Jase would be able to create most wicked hairstyles WITHOUT using any physical solids to hold them in place.))

((I was thinking about taking new affinity... Say, can I take Death one to receive bonuses to CMP from the death of closest mages? Because I tend to get lucky magic rolls only when someone dies, I thought about taking it to extreme.))

((You can. Not entirely certain how it will work though you should be able to do several things without weering too far away in the overpowered side.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2014, 11:29:33 am »

((You can. Not entirely certain how it will work though you should be able to do several things without weering too far away in the overpowered side.))
((Thanks, I'll take it in the next turn then.))

((Healing potions don't have chemical formulas that are I know... hmm... can anyone summon raw materials for me to work with?))
((I don't think you'll receive them anytime soon. The only person in the vicinity who can help you - NAV - is both occupied with bottles and would receive severe penalties to CMP in attempt to summon specified liquids/gases. I guess you can work with fertilizers, based on nitrates.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:33:07 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2014, 11:38:17 am »

((mhm... or I can do this.))
Extending a hand, Rohan begins to accelerate the rate of reaction between hydrogen and nitrogen around his hand, forming a small cloud of ammonia around it.  Taking out a bottle from his belr (he is an alchemist, after all), he allows the ammonia to fill it and then puts a cork in it.

N2 + 3H2 -> 2NH3

And yes, both diatomic nitrogen and diatomic hydrogen exist as free molecules in the air around us.  Not sure what I'm going to use it for, but you never know.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2014, 11:43:31 am »

((I don't know, you could make some awesome bombs. Imagine what the force guy could do with those.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:41:11 pm by The Froggy Ninja »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 506