Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1178002 times)

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 112 Luck for almost everyone.
« Reply #2700 on: August 31, 2015, 02:27:27 pm »

(Note: Deinonychus should have feathers.)

"Hmm... Let's start building a pack."

Determine gender of Deinonychus. Then summon another obedient Deinonychus of the opposite gender.

Note: A species is not genetically viable (meaning that the population will expand and prosper instead of dwindling into extinction,) unless it has at least a thousand breeding pairs (1000 males and 1000 females, all mated and non-sterile). In my opinion, a revived extinct species remains functionally extinct until this benchmark is reached - so I believe that I can summon members of the same species at different times, even if individuals of the same species are already running around, unless the existing population is already at or beyond the benchmark.

And no, I didn't make the benchmark up; I recall reading it somewhere - although where precisely, I don't remember.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: August 31, 2015, 11:12:52 pm »

((Actually, I might like to note that due to the relatively small size of this floating island/duck most species that exist here probably don't reach that amount, excluding bugs and possibly birds.

Whatever the definition of "extinct" is in terms of the game is ultimately DG's decision, though. Could we possibly get an answer on that? What does "extinct" mean for Bob's affinity?

Currently there's a few possibilities already out there, though your own interpretation is also fine:
1.Any species with at least one surviving member is no longer considered extinct
2.Any species with at least 1,000 breeding pairs is no longer considered extinct
3.A species that was once extinct is always considered extinct))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:25:58 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: September 01, 2015, 03:35:36 am »

((Actually, I might like to note that due to the relatively small size of this floating island/duck most species that exist here probably don't reach that amount, excluding bugs and possibly birds.

Whatever the definition of "extinct" is in terms of the game is ultimately DG's decision, though. Could we possibly get an answer on that? What does "extinct" mean for Bob's affinity?

Currently there's a few possibilities already out there, though your own interpretation is also fine:
1.Any species with at least one surviving member is no longer considered extinct
2.Any species with at least 1,000 breeding pairs is no longer considered extinct

((I'm gonna go with number 3, and add that if you make a species extinct, it is yours to use.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: September 01, 2015, 05:47:40 am »

Well. More swords are still necessary.
Create an iron zweihander now.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: September 01, 2015, 07:01:31 am »

((I'm gonna go with number 3, and add that if you make a species extinct, it is yours to use.))
((Well, if someone else made one thing that dies, what happens?))
Destroy the wall. By ramming the chair into it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:09:46 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: September 01, 2015, 09:33:30 am »

Destroy the wall.

In what specific way?

You certainly can, but there are several ways to do it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:53:14 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: September 01, 2015, 03:28:33 pm »

Keep heading towards the treehouse, making three knowledge essences as I go.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: September 01, 2015, 04:44:51 pm »

Summon an armour of regeneration to trade.
2 summoning essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: September 01, 2015, 05:42:54 pm »

get on the other ship, and craft two essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: September 02, 2015, 05:01:24 pm »

Turn 113

"I could make one myself but im currently occupied with my own project.

lets see....let me try the gold again."

try again with the gold
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flare, wanting to surprise the dwarf, possibly to get a better deal, waited until it was too busy measuring the cube to see what the mage was doing. Then he once more attempted to conjure gold. Yet conjuration collapsed into another puff of gold dust. It is probably for the best that the dwarf did not see that.

"Well with this drink I could make essences for days... Say that gives me an idea."

Create some Sun Berry Ale and drink it too, like 3 mug fulls.  Drink the Bernardian Tonic and then create 2 essences.

(So I'm seeing like a -2-3 in competency and a plus 6-8 in potentacy. Also it says +3 in the chat sheet and +1 in the forum for my pot..)

Dwen used one of his favored cantrips, instant mug, to create a ghastly image of real thing. It dissipated upon any serious shock, so you could not use it to bash things, but it held liquids well enough. He then conjured Sun Berry Ale, enough to fill the mug and downed it in one go - one of his favored nonmagical tricks. Then he filled the mug again and drank it more slowly, savoring the taste. Dwen knew well how alcohol affected him and stopped before it significantly impaired his physical abilities. Then he downed the tonic. It was a strange feeling, like drinking brandy that sent what felt like fire running through his veins. Dwen felt like he could do anything, and he knew that it was not the booze talking this time.

make my wings stronger so that I can fly,use a +1 CMP essence and a +1 POT essence

Seva looked back at his wings: They were beautiful, but not quite functional. It was a time to fix this. With a conjuration, the wings grew outwards, making Seva look like a strange blue winged angel. A thin layer of oil protected feathers from water, thus allowing diving in and out of local lakes.

Use that echolocation spell except at a smaller scale, directing it towards the crystal leaf at my hand for several reasons; to try and learn anything about its internal structure and to see how it reacts to magic. Then one force essence after.

Crimson lightly touched one of the leaves, sending a shockwave through it. The shockwave then returned, altered slightly by the inner structure of the crystal. The leaf was composed of many thin layers, each smaller than the rest. They were all sharp, but only the largest layer showed the sharpness because the layers were stacked on each other without any gaps. The crystal showed no reaction towards magic, while the method of creating the crystals probably involved magic, they themselves were mundane.

"See? Just as I predicted, Jonas is dying now. And I have nothing to do with this - nor I, nor my minions had a chance to touch him. So again, dwarf, what about a truce? You won't save your master, but you can at least try to."

Propose once again.

Success: Call off demon, gather shards from Markus. Wait.
No response: Use cold projectile to damage Bofrec. It's not like cold can harm the demon, anyway.

"Honor over life"
shouted the dwarf. Kahel patiently waited for a moment when fight between ice demon and dwarf would create an opening to strike and this was it! He conjured a blast of cold and blasted the dwarf while he was bussy trying to discern wether or not the next attack was a feint. Cloud of white endulfed him, painting his hair with white as sweat froze to ice, but the dwarf was undeterred. He took the oportunity of Ice demon being momentarily distracted by the mist for a minghty swing, yet demon danced out of the way and left a shallow cut on dwarfs right arm.

Allright then, let's go meet the summoner-healer. Avoiding all other mages in area.
Create three essences while traveling.

Shias followed the whisperings of leaves, moving around few mages he could, but the summoner had some company. There was a mage inspecting a strange stone and followed by a strange lizard-bird hybrid. But the mage seemed too interested in the stone to interfere, so Shias approached the summoner.

"Blast it, I should've known! Magical wards for magical beast-fighting jet, ugh. Surely they can't be THAT strong, though... Perhaps greater forces may help too! (maniacal laughter)"
Pray to the God of Machines for help. Attempt again to scan jet, using two essences. Then two more essences.

The gift of knowledge is a gift to be shared, not hoarded.
A voice can be heard, like metal gears grinding, like thunder sriking, as clock ticking. As the voice leaves, so does the protecting enchantment on the Jet. The magic now reveals evrything there is to know about the jet to Jiksap.

(Note: Deinonychus should have feathers.)

"Hmm... Let's start building a pack."

Determine gender of Deinonychus. Then summon another obedient Deinonychus of the opposite gender.

Bob examined deinonychus he had summoned and determined, among other things, that it was male. He called through the aether for a pair to his new pet, yet to call through so much time is no easy task. What arrived was a storm of meaty giblets that might had once been a dinosaur. Deinonychus did not seem too distressed by this development, contributing to the matter the consideration that this might not had been the dinosaur Bob was looking for in the first place.

Well. More swords are still necessary.
Create an iron zweihander now.

Alexander called and the magic answered. Properly this time, as it always should. From the aether emerged a meteoritic iron zweihander, sharp and heavy, just as such sword should be. Looking it over, Alexander noticed that somebody had marred the fine forging of the weapon by scratching "What rings u got bich" and "Git gud" on the handle. Truly, some people had no appreciation for the fact that they might die and the sword be used by someone else.

((Well, if someone else made one thing that dies, what happens?))
Destroy the wall. By ramming the chair into it.

((The thing was never a spiecies, so nothing. Otherwise, Bob could summon anything biological and claim it as a mutant hyperbeaver or something.))

Destra sat on the throne, spun it around and crashed into the wall that was now behind him. Stone and mortar flew to all sides and Destra suddenly felt really happy about how absurdly tall the chair was, as usual height would not had protected his head. The wall was defeated by half a ton of gold, and Destra was once more in fresh air. The two mages that were meditating here before had wandered off somewhere, leaving a clear way out of castle.

Keep heading towards the treehouse, making three knowledge essences as I go.

It does not take long until Viznor reached summoner mage. He had company, a mage who seemingly just summoned a meaty tornado and another who seemed like a druid. They were probably irrelevant. There was business to be done.

Summon an armour of regeneration to trade.
2 summoning essences.

James attempted to follow up the ring with a piece of armor. It is well known that good armor protects, and the best does so much more. Like heal wounds one would get from putting armor to use repeatedly by fighting. Yet what appeared was hardly armor at all, a mangled ball of scrap that radiated corrupted healing magic, like the one James had been using offensively. It was probably nothing to worry about. There were two new customers to deal with.

get on the other ship, and craft two essences.

Mostly intact entrance to lower decks was alluring, so Ancano moved to the other ship. He looked around to see if octopus followed only to find water near the first ship red with blood. One of the merfish rose from water nearby, holding trident with a cut off octopus tentacle on it. "You made good bait. Have this for service" With that she threw a golden necklace decorated with a sapphire to Ancano and dived back beneath the surface. Upon closer inspection elf identified the necklace as enchanted and the enchantment as one allowing user to breathe underwater.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:35:03 am by DreamerGhost »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 113 Clear way, the king moves
« Reply #2710 on: September 02, 2015, 05:13:42 pm »

"say, right now im limited to metals. if you could pay me in things such as gems, espicaly magic ones, or other non metal martials that would be great....

say......what about shards?"

back to making essence....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 111 Trading blows and souls
« Reply #2711 on: September 02, 2015, 05:17:29 pm »

((@ XY and Whisperling, anything in particular you want? Or should I just see what cool stuff the magic feels like summoning for you?))

((Whoops, looks like I never got around to answering this. I'm open to anything I would find useful. As of now, I have my own method of both healing and self-augmentation, so if possible I'd be up for something that's a bit more unique to the summoning affinity. Do you have anything in mind?))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: September 02, 2015, 05:24:08 pm »

((shouldn't it be +2+1 since I have double bonus from alcohol in addition to the +1 from liquid power.))

Create 3 essences
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:29:58 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: September 02, 2015, 05:38:30 pm »

"As you wish. Their deaths will be on your conscience."

Kahel observed the ongoing battle. Combatants were pretty evenly matched and he couldn't directly help one without impending another. Still, dwarf was not as dexterous... Hm... And elf was about to die. Oh well, perhaps it's time to try something else...

Three essences/counterattack or Marcus shards if situation seems right for looting.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: September 02, 2015, 05:57:50 pm »

Hmm, that could be useful.
Time to check out some of that weird stuff I saw earlier

call my velociraptors back, then fly towards the treehouse, ordering my velociraptors to walk around the lake, on the opposite side as spawn without attacking people,make two essences
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:26:23 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 506