Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177681 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 113 Clear way, the king moves
« Reply #2730 on: September 04, 2015, 12:23:27 pm »

"No words were heard, James, only echoes in the world. I have need for a gas mask. It is my understanding that you have skill and talent required for calling through the aether."
"Okay, I'll have it summoned in a jiffy. You need anything else?
You're a druid so you can talk to plants right?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: September 04, 2015, 12:39:53 pm »

"Okay, I'll have it summoned in a jiffy. You need anything else?
You're a druid so you can talk to plants right?"

"That is all I need. Yes, plants and forest spirits are my usual talking partners."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: September 04, 2015, 04:26:40 pm »

"so I can breathe underwater. With tentacles trying to kill me. That is useful."

Craft two essences. Check if the tentacles are still there, and if there arent go check what the underwater shiny thing was. Otherwise leave south, grabbing my shield first.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: September 04, 2015, 04:33:00 pm »

"That is all I need. Yes, plants and forest spirits are my usual talking partners."
"I can talk to plants too. Well, mostly just the tree over there. He doesn't seem very happy. Maybe you could talk to him a bit."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: September 05, 2015, 02:56:15 am »

"I can talk to plants too. Well, mostly just the tree over there. He doesn't seem very happy. Maybe you could talk to him a bit."

"About him being unhappy? Sure, I can do that."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: September 05, 2015, 08:34:38 am »

"Just about things in general. It must get annoying only ever talking to one person who's not even that good at talking."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: September 05, 2015, 02:14:41 pm »

"Ah, I see. I do have a friend that might be able to survive the journey. He's made of metal. If I were to introduce you to him, would you be willing to show him a few of those places?"

Two more aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: September 06, 2015, 04:22:40 pm »

Turn 114

"say, right now im limited to metals. if you could pay me in things such as gems, espicaly magic ones, or other non metal martials that would be great....

say......what about shards?"

back to making essence....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gems and enchanting supliess? I think I could get some. Of course, the really good stuff would require bribes and therefore extra money. I'm afraid I have no knowlege of any shards that would stand out.

"As you wish. Their deaths will be on your conscience."

Kahel observed the ongoing battle. Combatants were pretty evenly matched and he couldn't directly help one without impending another. Still, dwarf was not as dexterous... Hm... And elf was about to die. Oh well, perhaps it's time to try something else...

Three essences/counterattack or Marcus shards if situation seems right for looting.

Demon continued toying with the dwarf, possibly seeking to tire him out, yet it was a merit of skill that the dwarf was still without a single serious injury. The "fight" against the elf could have been a fluke due to surprise, but might within the icy claws was undeniable. Dwarf had not given the demon a single chance, and Ice was not exactly known for durability. Kahel wanted an edge, and there was something nearby that could provide it. Without the bear around, Marcus corpse was easy prize.

Hmm, that could be useful.
Time to check out some of that weird stuff I saw earlier

call my velociraptors back, then fly towards the treehouse, ordering my velociraptors to walk around the lake, on the opposite side as spawn without attacking people,make two essences

Seva sent off the velociraptors the safe way around and flew off over the lake. His goal was the strange tree house he had seen earlier. It felt great to fly on his own power, using his own wings. It felt absolutely fantastic. Seva knew that if he got out of this he'd do this more often, maybe fly with the birds to the warming lands to the south each winter. In all this enjoyment, Seva did not notice a strange man carrying a strange backpack looking over a strange Jet near the treehouse until he had landed.

Head back toward the spawn. Make two Luck essences and look about a bit for treasure during the walk.

Gambler went back to the entrance portal, if there ever was a place with mages to find, that was it. There were hardly anything valuable in the forest of metals or gems, but there was a veritable wealth of various rare plants. One particularly interesting object he had found was a rainbow colored flowers that he recognized as Faria, magical flower that could temporarily enchant eyesight to see in the dark, and was a part of several potions that could enchant sight in various ways.

"Greetings, summoner. I am Shias, the druid of west. I have a need for your skills." Shias says to the summoner James.

Two more essences.
Have a chat with James' unhappy tree.

Shias walked over to the spiky treehouse and laid his hands over rough tree bark. He sent out his power to the tree, calling to it.
"One of the forest walkers? I did not expect your kind here. When wizards battle it is usually with fire and thunder, not wines and leaves. What brings you here?"

"Nothing else to learn I guess."

Gather the remaining crystal leaves on the ground. After doing so, fly around and search for a flat area in my hex that is not near the crystal tree. Make two force essences while searching around.

Crimson carefully collected the remaining intact leaves. Few turned out to be broken, the fracture hidden by the earth, but most that looked fine were indeed so. The search for a flat area on the mountain, however, ended in failure. Flat surface was rather sparse, most of mountain being cliffs of various degrees of incline.

Go North.

Eterna wasted no time, the mages that were here before might come back later. He went off from the ruins heading northwards, towards the lake still bearing significant tint of red.

((but that was the point of getting drunk.))

Get drunk enough to get the pot bonus on that delicious sun berry wine and then make 3 essences

Dwen focused his mind; it was harder now, and not just because of alcohol clouding his mind. The power, there was so much of it, the mountains shattering amounts of power. Even at his weakest, he wielded power same as he had before at his strongest. Liquid power potion was wearing off but that hardly mattered. He had power and he had amazingly clear ideas on how to use it.

"Ah yes, very true, very true; trade secrets only bar others from creating their own wonders! Like mine! But need more thinking first."
If jet already has [secret plan] integrated into its design, hop in and DO EET, otherwise MOAR THINKING (using jet knowledge, applying secret). 3 more essences

Jiksap thought hard, creating plans, blueprints in his mind. Some extra gears here, a cut there, that is covered by extra bit later... Finally, he could feel that the plan was finished, printed and bound into a tome, so he metaphorically opened the first page of the metaphorical tome. It was followed by a slight frown, as the cost of the plan was there, and it was fairly steep. Such project required not an insignificant amount of power, but he now knew how t do it.
{10/10 will get you results. More than that will get you better results, with increase for each extra 5/5}

"Greetings, summoner. I am Shias, the druid of west. I have a need for your skills." Shias says to the summoner James.
"Welcome Shias. I'm James. Seems the words getting around about my services. So what can I help you with?"

Toss that ball of possibly cancerous scrap metal into the box. I'll deal with it later.
Summon a gas mask, using a 1/1 essence.
Then 2 summoning essences.

James called through the aether and pulled out something cubical in shape. First he was worried that he might had pulled something nasty again, but his fears proved unfounded as within his hands he found a box with brown and green colored advertisement claiming the gas mask to be "The perfect gift for your loved one in these uncertain times" Rather dark. But useful.

Craft two essences, then order my Deinonychus to find Professor Jiksap, then return and guide me to his location.

Deinonychus took little time finding Jiksap and led Bob to him. Old mad mechanic was now seemingly lost in thought over a rather massive plane of sorts. Bob would have called it a jet, but he knew better than to think of any machine to be what it looks like with Jiksap around.

"so I can breathe underwater. With tentacles trying to kill me. That is useful."

Craft two essences. Check if the tentacles are still there, and if there arent go check what the underwater shiny thing was. Otherwise leave south, grabbing my shield first.

Ancano put on the necklace and dived beneath the waves. It was strange at first to be able to breathe same as above the water, but it wasn’t too bad, nor did it have any side effects as a similar spell that allowed one to survive and breathe with lungs full of water. The squid was being dragged away by few more merfish, bleeding from a few wounds and few places where tentacles had been before. Ancano was interested in other things, however. The treasure trove the squid was guarding was still as full of gold and gems as it was before, even though the water around was a bit more red.

"Ah, I see. I do have a friend that might be able to survive the journey. He's made of metal. If I were to introduce you to him, would you be willing to show him a few of those places?"

Two more aether essences.

Truly? Is your friend a golem like myself? Ah, no need to answer. There is little meaning in art if it is unseen by anyone. I would gladly show my work to your friend. Though I must warn you, the path is rather long one.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:29:29 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 114 Calm before the storm
« Reply #2738 on: September 06, 2015, 04:40:09 pm »

Collect the useful plants, then continue towards spawn, looking for any trinkets or loot while making two essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: September 06, 2015, 04:47:04 pm »

Collect the useful plants, then continue towards spawn, looking for any trinkets or loot while making two essences.

((Just so you know, trying to use the spawn point as a portal would have major implications, not just for you, but for everyone in the game. I would be happy to explain its function via PM, and/or direct you to an ordinary portal, but at the very least, you should know what it does before you attempt to activate it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: September 06, 2015, 04:52:32 pm »

((...?))
((I'm going there to trade with James (and maybe use my Luck to loot even more stuff). I'm just grabbing stuff because I have a +3 on the Luck roll and more stuff is always good.))
((EDIT:You're the knowledge mage, right? I would gladly accept that knowledge, however. What do you want for it?))
((EDIT2: Though that does give me an idea. Hoo hoo hoo.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:55:59 pm by XXXXYYYY »

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: September 06, 2015, 05:12:20 pm »

collect as much loot as I can and run to the surface.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: September 06, 2015, 06:12:04 pm »

((I'm good with my current drunkness since it effects my spell casting, create the essences.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: September 06, 2015, 06:12:39 pm »

((...?))
((I'm going there to trade with James (and maybe use my Luck to loot even more stuff). I'm just grabbing stuff because I have a +3 on the Luck roll and more stuff is always good.))
((EDIT:You're the knowledge mage, right? I would gladly accept that knowledge, however. What do you want for it?))
((EDIT2: Though that does give me an idea. Hoo hoo hoo.))

((Ah. Looks like I took the word "spawn" a bit too literally.))

((As for payment, just about anything that corresponds to the value of the information is fair game. It would be easier for me to point you in the right direction if I had some sort of opening offer.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: September 06, 2015, 06:27:18 pm »

((Hmm. I can improve your luck in general (either through enchanting trinkets or directly), which will help you with diplomacy and searching, though you can probably apply it to other situations. Alternatively, I can enchant something with more eccentric enchantments, which I'll need more direct input to make, but offers more interesting effects.))

((I'd say either a small (3 to 4 essences) permanent buff for a medium amount of information, or a custom enchantment for a varying amount of information, but we'd have to discuss that one further.))
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 506