Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183138 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 115 The plot thickens
« Reply #2820 on: September 11, 2015, 08:24:48 pm »

"Not even gonna bat an eye at the hazardous waste part? Yeah a glass ring is just fine."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: September 11, 2015, 08:36:27 pm »

Character Revision

Name: Skelliborn
Affinity: Necromancy
Description(optional): A wizard who specializes in the Dark arts. (People claim that one day he'll go to far and turn himself into a re-animated skeleton)
STR=2
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=1
POT=3
Marcus already has that affinity. Unless you want me to consider you a threat to the loyalty of my minions, I suggest that you chose a different affinity. I know of a deity that can grant bonuses to a few, and I'll pm his stats to you.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: September 11, 2015, 08:57:24 pm »

"Not even gonna bat an eye at the hazardous waste part? Yeah a glass ring is just fine."

Viznor raises an eyebrow.

Under ordinary circumstances, I would be wary. On an island full of mages, I think we can agree that radiation is the least of our worries.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:39 am »

"Let's be honest. Ya a summoner, an' we're on an island practically covered in mages. Waste issa given, an' that waste's gonna be deadly in some way or another."
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: September 12, 2015, 10:54:59 am »

Same action as last turn. Add the cold fusion generator to secret plan as a power source.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:57:14 am by thegamemaster1234 »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: September 12, 2015, 11:36:47 am »

"yes...im so close now"
more power
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: September 12, 2015, 12:24:56 pm »

Character Revision

Affinity: Necromancy
Description(optional): A wizard who specializes in the Dark arts. (People claim that one day he'll go to far and turn himself into a re-animated skeleton)
STR=2
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=1
POT=3
Marcus already has that affinity. Unless you want me to consider you a threat to the loyalty of my minions, I suggest that you chose a different affinity. I know of a deity that can grant bonuses to a few, and I'll pm his stats to you.

If he isn't one of the triad then I'll stay a necromancer. Of course Maybe a more fitting name for the aspect of what I want my character to control is just a Dark Magician. Essentially my plan is to use the residual magic within dead skin to gain power and divide my characters soul into a billion shards that I can use to resurrect myself as a skeleton. (I was debating on just creating a second character who is supposed to be a rival magician but who's powers compliment Skelliborn but then I remembered Harry Potter)

Edit: alternately, I could change my class to life and have the exact same set of effects due to the effects of opposite classes doing the same things using different methods.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:25:10 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: September 12, 2015, 03:06:46 pm »

"Hmm...I should start building up some magical reserves."

Keep crafting essences until the first one fails.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:59 pm »

Granted I may be lieing about my powers. It all depends what gm allows me to do.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: September 12, 2015, 09:23:26 pm »

Character Revision

Affinity: Blade (summoning weapons/ buffing weapons/ sword skills)
Description(optional): A magic swordsman who can summon any blade. Is also good at cooking due to being able to use sporkfe's very effectively.
STR=3
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=1
POT=2

First Action upon reaching the Island, travel towards where the council is meeting and try to summon a sword (with the blade being my only affinity I'm useless without a blade and I'd rather not be completely unprotected should the council break down into murderfest.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:40:24 am by star2wars3 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: September 13, 2015, 01:44:04 am »

Keep on heading back to the portal. Two aether essences when I get there. Unless they haven't dealt with the hazardous materials situation, in which case I'll deal with it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: September 13, 2015, 05:18:18 am »

Having just finished reading through the thread, I feel obliged to say that this is a really great game and a pleasure to read through.
I'd like to join in too:

Name: Ilium Skydepth
Affinity: I'll PM this if that's okay; the element of surprise is always fun
Description: A tall individual with heterochromic eyes. Soft silver lines radiate from his pupils, blending into deep turquoise irises. He seems to emanate an aura of mystery.
STR=0
DEX=2
SPD=3
END=0
POT=3

Colour: Silver
Glow: Turquoise

First action upon reaching the island: Survey my surroundings, taking note of any structures or creatures in the vicinity. While I'm at it, examine the portal. If I am not in imminent danger, create two essences.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: September 13, 2015, 06:31:21 am »

And that moves the game over 20 players. To 21 to be exact. On one hand, we have so many people because no combat is happening and people are not ragequiting due to bad rolls killing them. On the other hand, the number is managable because no combat is happening and thus I don't need to roll or write so much. I am not certain if I would preffer combat to happen or not at this point.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: September 13, 2015, 08:19:08 am »

And that moves the game over 20 players. To 21 to be exact. On one hand, we have so many people because no combat is happening and people are not ragequiting due to bad rolls killing them. On the other hand, the number is managable because no combat is happening and thus I don't need to roll or write so much. I am not certain if I would preffer combat to happen or not at this point.
If it is an epic 10 mages fight I don't think you'll like it.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: September 13, 2015, 09:06:52 am »

It would be awesome doe
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 506