Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177485 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 115 The plot thickens
« Reply #2850 on: September 13, 2015, 01:23:17 pm »

"Oh?" The druid now pays attention to the alcohol mage and studies his appearance.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 115 The plot thickens
« Reply #2851 on: September 13, 2015, 04:20:22 pm »

Turn 116

Walk towards spawn, make two essences
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seva looked around, noticing two of his raptors. Third was hiding somewhere, but ran over from behind a tree when Seva whistled. The whole group traveled over the gathering of mages near the main teleporter.

Unless stated otherwise, just keep creating more swords.

Alexander called through aether once more, and out he pulled a rod of iron. On closer inspection, the rod proved hollow - a pipe. But a proper sword it was not.

"Well now... I hope i find an use to this gold. "

pray to a god. There must be a god of gold around! Then grab my shield and craft two essences.

((You can enchant stuff, the more POT the greater the enchantment effect.))

Ancano prayed to the God of gold, but received no answer. Was his wealth not enough to merit attention? Had the god been destroyed in the primordial struggle by another? It was not known why, but Ancano's prayers were met by silence.

Make 3 more essences

Dwen continued focusing his powers, while proving his own great skill of retaining sharp enough mind when drunk. Though average alcohol enthusiast would be looking for a face to punch and possibly having some trouble walking, Dwen was able to use his arcane might without much trouble.

Take a look at what's causing the disturbance/imperfection. Three knowledge essences.

The magic focuses over one spot and Viznor noticed that the ground there seemed like it had been recently disturbed. Beneath a thin layer of dirt there was a strange blue pyramid. Curiously enough, there are several slott for a pyramid shaped objects in the main portal.

Walk over to James, who seems to be having a bit of trouble with his summonin'
"Need some luck, summoner? I've 'eard that it proves useful in your work."
Summon a glass ring that improves the wearer's luck, using a total of +5/+5 in essences. Then make essences until one collapses.

Gambler reached out into aether and dragged out a translucent ring, decorated with a glass snake. There was no glass staff, but it would be very useful to James. Gambler then decided to test just how much stress from focusing power he could take. Quite a lot it turned out, as Gambler finally felt essence collapse. As he looked, he found a strange blue pyramid.

Swing spear around for a bit as practice. Then fly back to the starting portal. Create two force essences on the way.

Crimson stretched a bit, swinging around his spear, testing the armor. It was quite nice; it did not obstruct movement, when he tested the durability by smacking the armor with his spear and hardly felt anything. Aside from that one nasty permanence clause, it was great. Now came the last test, Crimson spread out his wings and took to the air. The test was a pass, armor did not obstruct his flight capabilities at all. But just to be sure, Crimson flew as fast as he could, in case there were some problems at max speed.

"Hmph, what a dick. I'll have a word with him. One of my goals is to protect and restore all that is green, so don't worry, as long as I live I will stop them. Granted, I'm not terribly fast. I'll see to restore your form after I have dealt with greater danger."

Last words to the treehouse. Go to James while staying clear of the horrible artifact he summoned. Three essences.

To James: "You know, twisting others into form that is not natural for them without their permission shows really poor taste. At least stay with him and talk with him instead of abandoning him like that! Do not beget fury of nature."

Shias had a few words to say to James. There were serious consequences for making abominations. Especially the kind that were aware of their misfortune, that was just cruel.

To Shias:
"But I do stay with him and talk to him. At least when he lets me, he's not very talkative. I never abandoned him.

I guess if he really wants I can change him into a normal tree. Or you could. I just thought this would be a way to live with nature instead of against to it. Sorry."

To the tree:
"Sorry. I never abandoned you, I'm right here. If you really want, we can change your form back to a normal tree. I'm guessing you want to keep your intelligence and shape changing though?"

Walk over to James, who seems to be having a bit of trouble with his summonin'
"Need some luck, summoner? I've 'eard that it proves useful in your work."
"That would be very very helpful. I've tried inproving my luck before, but no luck. So what can I do for you in exchange?"

My most immediate concern is summoning a hazardous artifact containment unit, ideally large enough for quite a few artifacts. Don't want all that cancer and necromancy and eldritch radiating everywhere. Use 2/2 of essences on this.
Then two summoning essences.

James expressed his opinion about the tree matter, but quickly reoriented his attention towards more immediate problems. There were a few troublesome artifacts here, and he wanted to contain them in a more safely. Can't have magic just leaking out, it would do all kinds of terrible things, like attract elves, and #DisspellTheTrees activists. From aether James pulled out a large lead box with a bent pentagram on it - the universal sign for dangerous magic. It was a standard containment box, used in great numbers to deal with aftermath of magical disasters.

((Thanks for clarification!))

"Perfect. Five it would be. Then, Xazoliomuhr, deal with the dwarf while I collect your reward from elven remains..."

Collect shards from the newly dead and give five of them to the demon, observe results. If bees still aren't finished with their master - leave them be and head to the lake. Something is bound to happen there soon...

EDIT: Get cutlass as well.

Kahel collected two shards from now dead elf and threw five to Xazoliomuhr, who was now poking the dwarf trying to find a soft unfrozen spot. Demon devoured the five whole, regrowing lost spikes. But when Kahel went to Jonas to collect, he found that bee mage was still alive. Horribly burned, unconscious, but still alive. Kahel looked at cutlass in his hand. Would he be using this earlier than he expected? No, no he would not, Kahel decided and went off towards the lake.

4 Electric essences.

Eterna focused his powers, storing them for later, but when one of them collapsed he did not have enough time to regret siting on a very conductive throne the whole time. Electricity coursed through his body, making his libs spasm and twitch. Eterna got angry, truly furious at this, and attempted to will his limbs not to twitch, by holding them down. Then he noticed that his swing downwards was far faster than usual, as his hands impacted his thighs with enough of a slap to hurt. Eterna had heard of the condition before, but that usually happened to people revived by electrical currents. Postrevification rush was the whole reason why in battlefields electricity mages were used to finish off the work of healers.
{+1 to SPD and DEX rolls for next 3 turns.}

Same action as last turn. Add the cold fusion generator to secret plan as a power source.

Jiksap continued focusing his strength, but this time his concentration broke earlier. The consequences too, were more severe.  Mechanical energies exploded, warping Jiksap's left arm, replacing flesh with iron and brass. As the magic subsided, Jiksap saw that his left arm was entirely replaced by a mechanical replica. He tried to move the fingers, but the machine did not budge. Closer inspection revealed that it was built in entirely the wrong way, and would need to be reassembled to have even remotest chance to be useful.

"yes...im so close now"
more power

Two dwarves hefted the iron cube into their cart with combined effort. It took some minor engineering in constructing a tiny crane, but they managed to get it in.

"So, have you decided what you will want for the iron?"

"Hmm...I should start building up some magical reserves."

Keep crafting essences until the first one fails.

Bob focused his power, joining other mages in the contest of who can keep up the focus longest. Bob held out for a respectable amount of time, and finished off with a favorable collapse. His hands grew scales, and nails turned into claws, creating dangerous natural weapons.

Keep on heading back to the portal. Two aether essences when I get there. Unless they haven't dealt with the hazardous materials situation, in which case I'll deal with it.

Jace once again took to the air and flew to the portal. There were few hazardous scrap piles lying next to a magic containment box, still fresh, judging from intact seal. Rather than that, what was surprising was the number of mages that were collected here. There were more mages here than when he and several others first entered. Jace remembered what he was here for and chased away the thought that he'd probably be able to cast a lethal spell in an area of this size.

Out from the portal in the crowd of mages entered two new contestants.

Ilium Skydepth, magus surounded by rumors like mist. His power and abilities were a cause of great speculation, as many saw him cast magic of great variety, never using the same twice. Ilum looked around and sighed, relieved. He thought that he'd be late, but it would seem that mages were still gathering and start signal had not been sounded yet.

Skeliborn entered through the portal and into the crowd of mages. Well known for various kinds of cutting magic, some of which he himself had invented, there were many who stood in his path and found themselves a whole head shorter. Not to be caught off-guard, he attempted to call in a sword, although for some reason portal magic field interfered and what fell before Skeliborn was a perfectly round silica ball. That was... unexpected

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 04:11:32 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 116 Essence wizardly russian roulette
« Reply #2852 on: September 13, 2015, 05:06:19 pm »

((I assumed that the scanning spell had told me how to locate the object. If not, I suppose a search spell using 1 +1+1 essence wouldn't hurt.))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: September 13, 2015, 05:13:30 pm »

"well I would like some enchanti-.....I sense something....a great congregation of mages....wait here, or go to the portal"

pickup all my stuff, ((im guessing put it in hammer space or something)) and fly to the portal.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: September 13, 2015, 05:15:07 pm »

((Where are the bees? If they are still there - I left for the lake, as was mentioned. Also, can you modify demon's sheet to include name and shard-induced regeneration?))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:20:19 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: September 13, 2015, 05:25:47 pm »

"Well that was unexpected. Of course I still sense the soul of many a blade within this ball. I wonder if this means if this ball is composed of an infinite amount of blades pointing outward from the center arranged in 13 sections, the amount of mages here. In other words, could it be that whatever interferred with my spell channelled a certain amount of power from each of the mages including myself into this sword. I think that merrits a blade naming. *Not a Magic Action/takes no time at all*. Oh sword soul of many shards, I name thee BLADECUPINE. I reforge thee, and curve thy spike away from my head so that mine blade doth not strike me dead."
And I Dull Thy Blade Tip that doth face myself into a spiky blade handel where my hand may dweleth.

-1 Mod Transform

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:07:08 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: September 13, 2015, 05:36:48 pm »

((Pretty sure James is supposed to be one north at the treehouse, and by extension so would everyone who came to talk to him.
Suggestion: Maybe you could have a legend of which player is which colour under the map. It would make everyone easier to tell apart.))

First James puts all the hazardous scrap, as well as that eldritch translating stone safely into the new containment box.

Then he takes off a ring that looks like a snake with a ruby in its mouth and offers it to the Gambler.

"I see you've finished my ring of luck. Here, this ring will heal any injuries and keep you healthy. They even both look like snakes. Is that a fair trade?"

"James, do you think you could summon me some matches or a lighter, or something to light things on fire with?  I don't have much to give you so you don't need to spend too much effort on it."
"Sure. I could go for a cold beer right now."
Summon a lighter for Dwen.
Then craft 3 summoning essences.

And look around for any sign of Grundar, he's been gone a while.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: September 13, 2015, 05:40:16 pm »

Hmm...
If possible, attempt to craft 1 sword essence while creating more swords. If not, keep up with the sword creation.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: September 13, 2015, 05:40:46 pm »

"Deal."
Smile and offer a handshake.
Give the ring to James to complete my side of the bargain, then create another by the same method and make essences until one collapses.
((Don't forget to bold actions, for the sake of DG's sanity. Also, saying your spell bereft of flowery language (perhaps stated after the IC description) is in your best interest, as it'll make the great and powerful DreamerGhost more capable of comprehending what you're talking about. For example:
"Blah Blah Blah Blah IC spell description, in whatever flowery prose you wish"
OOC spell description, stated in common english.))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:45:15 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: September 13, 2015, 06:07:58 pm »

Using a spell, determine the pyramid's function/effect on the entrance portal. Use three +1+1 knowledge essences, plus a +1 CMP essence if I encounter difficulty. Then, make two knowledge essences and walk one hex south.

((As per usual, please PM me the info.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: September 13, 2015, 06:13:23 pm »

"Thank you, I've been meaning to have a better way of defending myself, I'll get you that bear."

Summon Nav a cold beer, and create 3 essences
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: September 13, 2015, 06:26:07 pm »

Continue traveling back to the portal. Two force essences on the way.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: September 13, 2015, 07:44:26 pm »

Wait is there lots of grass here. Blades of grass. Yay for duel meaning. Now I just wish I had duel wielding.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: September 13, 2015, 09:55:56 pm »

Actually I'd also like to put out a magic request. I will pay 5 shards for the sword which reacts to emotions. I mean the one from early game. I think it's owner may have died but I don't know who has it currently.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: September 13, 2015, 10:32:13 pm »

((That was Crimson's, and it's an animate lance now.))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:31:45 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 506