Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177429 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 116 Essence wizardly russian roulette
« Reply #2925 on: September 17, 2015, 07:15:19 pm »

Poor DreamerGhost. He's going to recover from his flu and find that he has to deal with even more mages than ever.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: September 17, 2015, 07:38:05 pm »

Poor DreamerGhost. He's going to recover from his flu and find that he has to deal with even more mages than ever.
should there be a need for an absence of his sickness you know who to call

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: September 17, 2015, 09:05:51 pm »

should there be a need for an absence of his sickness you know who to call
Flu-Busters?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: September 23, 2015, 12:07:59 pm »

You okay Dreamerghost?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: September 23, 2015, 03:12:45 pm »

You okay Dreamerghost?

((Yes but also no. I am no longer sick, but I missed some lectures and now I need to figure out how C++, HTML and Asembler work until monday. I figured out C++, can deal with HTML and only need basics of Asembler, so there should be an update on sunday.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: September 25, 2015, 07:59:21 am »

You okay Dreamerghost?

((Yes but also no. I am no longer sick, but I missed some lectures and now I need to figure out how C++, HTML and Asembler work until monday. I figured out C++, can deal with HTML and only need basics of Asembler, so there should be an update on sunday.))
Hurrah!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: September 26, 2015, 03:18:19 pm »

You okay Dreamerghost?

Hurrah!

*would salute with a sword if I had one*
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: September 26, 2015, 03:26:30 pm »

You okay Dreamerghost?

Hurrah!

*would salute with a sword if I had one*
*salutes with a sword because he has several*
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: September 26, 2015, 08:39:13 pm »

We should create a blacksmith shop together and join the Roll to Magic business community.

Edit: because if I don't ally with you soon you will kill me due to imagined rivalry or something like that.

Edit 1: and so far I don't even have 1 blade. Unless u count   that silicon sphere thing I have as a blade.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:45:32 pm by star2wars3 »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: September 27, 2015, 03:14:42 pm »

Turn 117

"well I would like some enchanti-.....I sense something....a great congregation of mages....wait here, or go to the portal"

pickup all my stuff, ((im guessing put it in hammer space or something)) and fly to the portal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flare collected what he had already conjured for the golem, bid the dwarves farwell and flew off towards the main portal. Dwarves looked at eachother.
“You think he’ll come back?”
“He said that he’s going to a congregation of mages. He’s likely to be distracted by either ideas or explosions. There is little else in what such a meting may end.”
“Do we wait?”
“Well, we are going to need to sell the iron either way. Might as well get going and decide there if we want to return.”
“If we want to return? Thought you wanted to make a proper deal with the mage?”
“Magic gives me the creeps. Always did. And this guy is extra creepy. I think I’d have better chances at selling my detector than services of a mage who has stuff to do. Let’s go.”

((Pretty sure James is supposed to be one north at the treehouse, and by extension so would everyone who came to talk to him.
Suggestion: Maybe you could have a legend of which player is which colour under the map. It would make everyone easier to tell apart.))

First James puts all the hazardous scrap, as well as that eldritch translating stone safely into the new containment box.

Then he takes off a ring that looks like a snake with a ruby in its mouth and offers it to the Gambler.

"I see you've finished my ring of luck. Here, this ring will heal any injuries and keep you healthy. They even both look like snakes. Is that a fair trade?"

"James, do you think you could summon me some matches or a lighter, or something to light things on fire with?  I don't have much to give you so you don't need to spend too much effort on it."
"Sure. I could go for a cold beer right now."
Summon a lighter for Dwen.
Then craft 3 summoning essences.

And look around for any sign of Grundar, he's been gone a while.

James called through the aether and in front of him appeared a device shaped like a tube with few buttons on it. One button would produce a flame from the open end when pressed down while two others would increase or decrease the flame. At its best, the lighter could create a flame greater than one would get from a torch. James then exchanged rings with Gambler, luck for health. There was something marriage-like in the procedure, possibly the reason why so many mages preferred to take rings off dead, cold fingers of their opponents as opposed to trading for them.

Hmm...
If possible, attempt to craft 1 sword essence while creating more swords. If not, keep up with the sword creation.

Alexander pulled called another sword, gaining a silver khopesh. Some Egyptian vampire hunter was probably swearing right now. Or demon hunter, or possibly a demon overseer worrying that now demons will remain unterrified and the monument unbuilt. It was a neat thing, silver, capable of purging so many magical beings. Not that good against steel of nonmagical races, but considering whom he’d be fighting in the near future, the khopesh was very likely to prove useful.

"Deal."
Smile and offer a handshake.
Give the ring to James to complete my side of the bargain, then create another by the same method and make essences until one collapses.
Gambler crafted another glass ring of luck, this time for himself. Yet once he put the ring on, he did not feel anything happening. The power of the ring did not affect him one bit. It would seem that same magic would not stack, and the power he had imbued his clothes with overpowered that of the ring. As Gambler once more attempted to force power into his reserves until it collapsed, something mysterious happened. As last essence collapsed, a golf ball popped into existence and rolled onto the ground few meters away from Gambler. Immediately after, a dark skinned person in Scottish looking clothes and a burning hat appeared. The creature conjured a golf club, struck the ball which promptly disappeared mid-air, and soon disappeared after the ball.

[color=b
rown]"Thank you, I've been meaning to have a better way of defending myself, I'll get you that bear."[/color]

Summon Nav a cold beer, and create 3 essences
Dwen called on his specialty and dragged out from aether a bottle of some liquid. The etiquette on the bottle was full of colorful warnings claiming, among other things, that alcohol poisoning deaths induced from sniffing the liquid only happened because this was intended to be drunk and not smelled. Further inspection revealed that it was at least called beer, “Lahtel beer” to be exact, meaning that it was technically suitable for James, though if he’d take it was dubious. Whether Dwen was even capable of summoning something less alcoholic was also uncertain.

Continue traveling back to the portal. Two force essences on the way.
Crimson reached the congregation of mages at the center and looked around. There were few who looked at him cautiously, not too surprising considering that he looked more like a knight than a mage right now. Possibly an angel knight, which gave another reason to worry for half of those here, as most mages did not have overly optimistic expectations about which afterlife awaited them.

Rekindle magical life in my staff. Its top should form a nice bush of leaves and flowers and bottom should form a sharp spike. Use 3 +1/+1 essenses.

Shias sent power into his staff, reviving the dead wood and shaping it to his whims. Tip of the staff bloomed as a grand bouquet of flowers while the bottom part sharpened itself into a spike worthy of a vampire hunter. One way to go about walking softly and carrying a big stick that many druids employed.

Seeing a big group of mages gathered beside the portal, Kahel couldn't help but smile to himself. He was right, after all! Hopefully, Xazoliomuhr would finish his task soon and join, but he was not needed now...

Looking around, Kahel suddenly noticed a movement of overheated air. Damn, how could he forget about the shield!

Speed up to the council. Either put shield to sleep or make it expire. Two essences.

((I deem that I'll arrive mostly on time to hear what Jase has to propose.))

Kahel dismised his shield and joined the crowd of mages. Thye were chatting about all sorts of things. Some were worried, possibly rightfully, that this was a plan to murder the lot of them in one go. Some were joyous at the prospect of peace. All were milling about, usure what to do.
"Gah! Rotten luck! Perhaps this may be of use to me after all, however... though the ultimate plan must be saved for a later time. (maniacal laughter)"
Animate my mechanical arm, using four +1/+1 essences. Then reconstruct its insides (not a spell; using the animation).

{The original idea was to make the reactor go critical and explode. I do not remember why I did not do that.}
Jiksap went to work on his new mechanical arm, casting magic to move it, to make the pile of scrap to assemble itself properly. The mechanical hand fell apart entirely for a moment, before bits and pieces flew back into place, aligning themselves to one another. Jiksap soon found out that this was less of a mechanical arm and more of a pile of scrap blued together into a sculpture of an arm, but that did not stop him from building a proper one. Some parts were missing but magic made up for that. Yet even in a working state, the hand had a few flaws. Lack of nerves was one of them, without being able to feel what he was holding, or how much power he was exerting. It could prove a nuisance if he wanted to do some delicate work. It did, however, possess considerable strength, as bent screws which Jiksap tried to pick up attested.

"Bloody useless..."

ancano suddently senses multiple powah auras

"It's the humans! Must be a conspiracy! I'm out of this!"

Travel towards the lava place and craft two essences. I want to fight some guy, but not ten of them on steroids!

Ancano could feel mages congregating in one place. Momentarily, he considered the opportunity to destroy multiple opponents at once due to them being so tightly packed, but discarded the idea. Among so many, at least one would have some protection. The portal too had its own protective wards. Ancano knew it was time for a new plan, and thus began traveling towards volcano.

"Well... Looks like my luck was in this time."

Use non-chaotic paleoessences, and summon an obedient Utahraptor (Hyperlink for the Gamemaster's convenience:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor).

Bob called out through time once more, summoning an Utahraptor, larger cousin of velociraptors. The specimen was not as large as he expected - only a meter and a half tall- and seemed rather young. None the matter, age could be changed later.

"Oi, don't bring me into this, Crimson. I didn't say anything. Maybe you have a stalker or something." Jase calls out, raising his voice for Crimson to hear.

He then turns to the rest of the mages gathered. "Excuse me. Could I please have your attention for a few moments?" He asks, his voice still raised to be heard.

Two more aether essences. The time draws near.

Jase called for atention from the gathering of mages. This was the time. The time for them to know why they are here, and where they would go next.

"I don' care about your god o blood. I was jus' warnin' ya ta be careful 'cause they're usually a bit warlike an' violence's a bit o a bad idea 'ere right now. Ya insulted my honor an' my magic, an' tha's what I care about. If ya didn' mean it, I'll give ya a pardon. I've got a deal already going wit' a knowledge mage for some information, but you'll be next."
"Oh, perhaps you misunderstand my comments about your magic. Quantum immortality is an extremely high level concept and manipulating it takes an over the top level of skill. But if your prides still soar, I apologize for my miscommunication. I look forward to doing business with you. I will begin making some preparations while you do whatever it is you are currently dealing with."

My Actual Action:

craft 3 blade essences and ask other mages if they would like to play baseball with the silicon sphere thingy.

{I would like if you bolded your actions.}

Skeliborn was rather enjoying the conversation with Gambler. There were not that many mages who reached his level, and were not able to sustain the conversation as he veered off to more advanced subjects of magic. And there were so many more mages, which should be just as intelligent. Momentarily Skeliborn even forgot why they were all here and offered others to play a game, before call of Jace to listen reminded him.

"No one want to say anything about gold exterior? For now,I'll do this..."
3 electric essences.

Eterna listened along with other mages as to what Jace had to say. He presented a nice idea, several others seemed to agree with it. Well, there was a lot to like about one of strongest mages here announcing a plan to decrease killing.

Travel in a general north-westerly direction and create 3 essences. PM sent.

Ilium had no desire to stick around in this congregation of mages and wandered off south in search for adventure. A group of mages could be more interesting than any troupe of clowns, but also more deadly than any group of assassins, and Ilium still had things to live for.

From the portal another mage arrived and joined the crowd. He was known as Nihilum, lord of the void. His skill to remove anything from being, even a lack of something, made him well known and respected, especially among those dealing with magical aftermaths. For how would one face power which simply removed, destroyed anything as if it was never there?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 02:25:52 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 117 Council of killers
« Reply #2935 on: September 27, 2015, 03:43:23 pm »

Since that seems to have worked, keep making sword essences and swords. This time, make 2 sword essences as well as a sword.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: September 27, 2015, 04:07:21 pm »

Give Jase the essences he wants, three 1/1. Then move away from the portal area, one tile towards the forest.

If he succesfully creates the chamber then travel to near the trippy spore cloud area. Don the gasmask if I actually reach the area. Then craft three essences to cover the ones I gave away.

If he doesn't do chamber creation thing on this turn, then craft 3 essences.

"So you need power to create the chamber? How much power?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:52:27 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: September 27, 2015, 05:12:54 pm »

((As I have no essences, the answer is create two after discarding/hiding shield.))

Three more essences.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:33:42 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: September 27, 2015, 05:25:11 pm »

"Ah I see the council is starting. I suppose that any trades between mages must wait until afterwards. I'd like to offer my two cents to the conversation. First off, I want to suggest starting a list of forbidden magics to prevent any one mage from gaining too much power. For exmple, Mind control. Especially mind control. You see in my world when I still had blades I once accidentally shattered the fourth wall and heard the following conversation."
More information on the Manipulator:
Alignment: LE
Domains: Mind Control, Necromancy, Evil, Law, Truth, Wrath, Patience, Exploitation, Pride, Fire
Boons (granted as he sees fit): Obtain one of his domains as an affinity, gain a +2 to comp or pot (chosen at the time the boon is given to you) for spells from an affinity that matches one of his domains, gain a +20/+20 (once) to one spell that is cast from an affinity that matches one of his domains, receive a sword with incredible stats, but which cause creatures to not drop soul shards if they are killed within three turns of being struck by it (due to their souls being sent to the Manipulator's home plane, where they will serve him for all of eternity), receive the ability to create hellfire, which can harm and burn creatures and/or objects that are normally immune or resistant to fire (or don't normally burn), instead of normal fire in a spell if you take a -1/-1 penalty to that spell, obtain an artifact that relates to one the Manipulator's domains, obtain a familiar from the following list:

Eyeball (I found out about the existence of these little guys recently. They're NE beholderkin that look like tiny beholders. They only have four eye-stalks (daze, cause fear, ray of frost, and a modified version of mage hand that allows you to move the hand and yourself in the same turn), and their central eye doesn't have any special properties, but they can sacrifice one of their eye-stalks and turn it into a spell-stalk, which allows them to fire lasers from that eye that can carry a touch-range spell through them.)
Spellwurm (They're symbionts that attach to one of your arm pits. They share spell effects with their host, and have some cool spell-like abilities, which I've listed below:
At Will - Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
3/day - Mage Armor, Magic Missile (three missiles per casting), Sleep
1/day - Flaming Sphere)
Imp http: (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Imp)
Mind Leech (Basically, these guys burrow into your head and sit at your brain stem, and try to control you. If you have a high enough will save, though, you can become the dominant entity and command the mind leech to do as you say. It has a mind blast (stuns people in a cone) and some mind-control themed SLAs, which cost int damage (the host takes the int damage) to cast. They're also LE, and were originally created by mind flayers.)
I also recommend not taking Mind Control, because I'm going to try to get that affinity back soon.

DG, I added two new domains and two new boons (the hellfire and the artifact). Do you give them your stamp of approval? I also added my supplementary pm that added more familiars to the main pm.
[/quote]

"It just would not do to have have mages controlling each-other's minds like that. Mind Control is a magic that could quickly lead to the destruction of all mages, regaurdless of skill, luck, or general magic strength."

Action: craft 3 essences *then sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.*

Edit: I accidentally deleted a quote symbol, (it was the 4th wall mysterious character talking about aquiring mind control, not Skelliborn.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:20:23 pm by star2wars3 »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: September 27, 2015, 06:09:40 pm »

Make two essences,then go and talk to James

Hello,I noticed that you were selling some stuff, could you make me something that lets me breathe underwater?
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 506