Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177214 times)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 117 Council of killers
« Reply #2955 on: September 28, 2015, 10:05:02 am »

Sure,that will work
Agree to the trade,still making 2 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: September 28, 2015, 03:59:23 pm »

I'd like to sign up:

Name: Xom
Affinity: PM'ed
Description: A fugitive wearing a black cloak over his tattered detainment facility uniform. His face is obscured by a network of runic tattoos.
STR= 1
DEX= 1
SPD= 1
END= 1
POT= 4

This is my colour. (Purple with an orange glow)

Am I correct in deducing that new players get a turn immediately upon entering the game? If so, create essences until one collapses.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: September 29, 2015, 04:08:29 am »

((Because if Jase were going to kill everyone, he would have done it from two hexes away like two turns ago. Also, I'll be putting the spell right here in the thread this turn if Jase gets enough essences, or next turn if folks need to take another turn to make essences.))
Then you wouldn't mind having Whisperling verify that your spell is what you're posting, would you?
((I wouldn't. Jase would though, since he mentioned very clearly before you even asked that other spells cast before his would disrupt the flow of the aether and could completely botch the spell. So if someone casts before him, he just won't cast and the only thing to verify is that he is indeed spending another turn making essences.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: September 29, 2015, 07:59:46 am »

((Because if Jase were going to kill everyone, he would have done it from two hexes away like two turns ago. Also, I'll be putting the spell right here in the thread this turn if Jase gets enough essences, or next turn if folks need to take another turn to make essences.))
Then you wouldn't mind having Whisperling verify that your spell is what you're posting, would you?
((I wouldn't. Jase would though, since he mentioned very clearly before you even asked that other spells cast before his would disrupt the flow of the aether and could completely botch the spell. So if someone casts before him, he just won't cast and the only thing to verify is that he is indeed spending another turn making essences.))
He could look into your mind before hand and determine your plans.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: September 29, 2015, 09:16:19 am »

((Just be warned: Forget about player's brains, even the GM cannot see player's computer.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: September 29, 2015, 10:15:58 am »

((We could also summon an acurate (but non-magical) lie detector and avoid the problem alltogether.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: September 29, 2015, 02:54:16 pm »

Look if Jase decides to kill us we can always have our next set of characters all gang up on him because they don't like the look of all the dead mage bodies lying around. Lets just trust him in the spirit of stopping mages from murdering each other and assume that Jase is trying to help create peace (and I don't mean the kind gotten by having every opposing mage killed)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: September 29, 2015, 09:44:37 pm »

Look if Jase decides to kill us we can always have our next set of characters all gang up on him because they don't like the look of all the dead mage bodies lying around. Lets just trust him in the spirit of stopping mages from murdering each other and assume that Jase is trying to help create peace (and I don't mean the kind gotten by having every opposing mage killed)
((No. No metagaming. Bad. No.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: September 29, 2015, 10:08:20 pm »

((Yeah but if one guy is standing over a bunch of bodies I'd attempt to kill that guy, unless I was a coward, or had a half decent sense of self preservation.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: September 29, 2015, 10:20:39 pm »

((It really doesn't matter for this turn though, since Jase doesn't have enough essences to want to attempt it.))

"It seems the others want no part of this, or for some reason foolishly expect reward without contribution. Or perhaps they do not have enough power. Very well then, it can wait a little longer if it means more power to put into it " Jase states.

Two more aether essences.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:27:55 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: September 30, 2015, 04:59:47 am »

the look of all the dead mage bodies lying around
That's enough hint to avoid meta.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: September 30, 2015, 08:44:40 am »

"Could use some work, but plenty functional! Might as well take a break and help out with this council chamber thing then."
Go to the gathering of mages and create 3 essences.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: September 30, 2015, 01:24:48 pm »

Three essences, wave Gambler over to my current position.

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: September 30, 2015, 03:17:03 pm »

"Hmm... Heard that there's a gathering of mages. Might as well help out."

Go to gathering of mages and craft four essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: September 30, 2015, 07:50:17 pm »

Turn 118

Since that seems to have worked, keep making sword essences and swords. This time, make 2 sword essences as well as a sword.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alexander called and from aether came an iron shortsword. But there was something missing. An edge. The shortsword was entirely blunt, possibly crafted for practice. Alexander sighed and threw it into the pile with the others.

Give Jase the essences he wants, three 1/1. Then move away from the portal area, one tile towards the forest.

If he succesfully creates the chamber then travel to near the trippy spore cloud area. Don the gasmask if I actually reach the area. Then craft three essences to cover the ones I gave away.

If he doesn't do chamber creation thing on this turn, then craft 3 essences.

"So you need power to create the chamber? How much power?"

{Essences are not physical objects, you can't "give" them to somone. You can join in the casting of a spell and use the essences then.}

Shias decided that it would be wiser to observe and participate from outside the direct impact zone, in case something unexpected happened. The work had not started yet, if it ever would. The fact that if someone wanted the group dead would had probably made a move by now dulled the paranoia, but only just.

"Ah I see the council is starting. I suppose that any trades between mages must wait until afterwards. I'd like to offer my two cents to the conversation. First off, I want to suggest starting a list of forbidden magics to prevent any one mage from gaining too much power. For exmple, Mind control. Especially mind control. You see in my world when I still had blades I once accidentally shattered the fourth wall and heard the following conversation."

"It just would not do to have have mages controlling each-other's minds like that. Mind Control is a magic that could quickly lead to the destruction of all mages, regaurdless of skill, luck, or general magic strength."

Action: craft 3 essences *then sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.*

Edit: I accidentally deleted a quote symbol, (it was the 4th wall mysterious character talking about aquiring mind control, not Skelliborn.)

Skeliborn did not feel like he could contribute much to whatever was happening in front of him, but felt nonetheless intrigued. Yet there wasn't all that much happening right now, so mage of blades just sat down and got comfortable on the grass.

Make two essences,then go and talk to James

Hello,I noticed that you were selling some stuff, could you make me something that lets me breathe underwater?

Seva thought about the gathering. Sure, they were all here for a project or some such, but the gathering did represent some trade options. He approached James, possibly the best summoner on the island right now. Surely he'd have something to allow breathing underwater?

James says to Dwen: "That's quite the beer. Here's your lighter. Don't go burning any trees."
Trade the fancy lighter for the bottle of "Lahtel Beer".

Make two essences,then go and talk to James

Hello,I noticed that you were selling some stuff, could you make me something that lets me breathe underwater?
"Sure. Don't even need to summon anything, I already have something like that."
James shows Seva a set of scuba equipment, everything needed to explore underwater.
"I'll trade it to ya for one soul shard."
If Seva agrees trade the scuba gear for one shard.

Then craft 4 healing essences.
If I have time start experimenting with the omnicube3000. First see if its possible to input the button combinations I knew for the old cube. Specifically try the one for the crossbow.

Keep an eye out for Grundar. I'm getting a bit worried about him.

James traded with Dwen and looked around. Grundar was nowhere to be seen. He then began haggling with a certain bird mage, and searched the surroundings with his eyes. No troll anywhere. He then focused some healing power and scanned the horizon. Horrendous absence of mutant cannibal was recorded. It really should not take so long to find and carry a corpse for even someone who was half blind, and James knew that Grundar possessed rather keen eyesight. Something had happened to his troll.

"There 'as a knowledge mage here, 'ight? I've got a coupla' questions I'd like answers to, an' I'd be willin' to trade for 'em."
3 Essences, attempt to make a trade.

Gambler called out to the crowd. He knew what he didn’t knew, and as one guy who told him about how to avoid ambushes said, that was almost all one ever needed to know. But as this was not about an ambush, Gambler called out in search for a particular mage. One mage called him closer with a gesture and Gambler went on to see what he had to tell.

((It really doesn't matter for this turn though, since Jase doesn't have enough essences to want to attempt it.))

"It seems the others want no part of this, or for some reason foolishly expect reward without contribution. Or perhaps they do not have enough power. Very well then, it can wait a little longer if it means more power to put into it " Jase states.

Two more aether essences.
{I kinda wonder how he knows that he does not have enough when I do not.}

Jase counted those that seemed supportive of his idea and frowned. Had all of them agreed to participate, he'd be able to begin by now, but with few not willing to help out this would take a while longer and take a bit more of personal effort. The thought of murder crossed his mind again. No, killing them for shards would not speed up the work enough to justify the time wasted on killing them, he thought.

"Right now, I only have two such essences though the nature of one is a bit volatile."

Just to be sure that nothing bad happens, one force essence, then I'll just meditate again. Give the lone +1/+1 force essence and the +1/+1 explosion essence to Jase.

{Essences are not physical objects, you can't "give" them to somone. You can join in the casting of a spell and use the essences then.}

Crimson waited for Jase and others to ready up. It was a boring wait, so he decided to do a bit of meditation. It would do him good to organize his thoughts before beginning this project. Yet there was a lot of annoying bickering between mages. Some discussions, some haggling, some dinosaurs playing. It all regularly interrupted his concentration, but the pattern was too irregular for Crimson to just delegate this to the background noise. In the end, he gave up and stood back up.

"Sure you can have 3 of my essences.  Just let me get undrunk."

Hand over 3 +1/+1 essences, take my lighter in exchange for the bear, purge the alcohol from me and create 2 essences

Dwen took the lighter, and decided that it was possibly time to sober up a bit. As he was now, any action he did had a chance of blowing up back in his face, and surrounded by mages as such, it was possible that soon after something else would blow up in his face. Dwen concentrated as well as he could, which was not that well at all, and cast the spell of purging. It was a terrible spell, feared by all honest drunks in all realms. Not only did it immediately made one sober, it also forced all of unpleasantries of a hangover into roughly ten seconds. The magic felt terrible, as if somebody had somehow forced an entire river of water through Dwens body, cleaning out every last nook and cranny of anything remotely pleasurably alcoholic. Just as he thought that this was it, the hangover hit, and for a moment Dwen thought that someone had took opportunity of his momentary weakness and smashed his head in with a hammer. After ten excruciating seconds, the feeling passed, leaving behind a memory that still burned with pain. Dwen forced though and attempted to focus on some casting to distract from painful memories, but one of his essences collapsed in his hand. He barely had any time to react as magic coalesced and a bottle appeared before him. Etiquette on the bottle proclaimed that it was Primes hazelnut taste hangover cure. Would had been real useful a minute ago, thought brewmaster.

3 more essences.

Seva looked upon those gathered and felt somewhat unimpressed. There was bickering, there was haggling and there were delays. It was same as any committee job ever. Things were not really going places, and people were trading with each other rather than working.

go to the Yellow guy. And shield bash him!

Ancano looked upon half dead half charred mage. He sighed. This was one of many reasons why he did not like humans, they were idiotically cruel. Death would be a mercy at this point, yet the one before him was denied that. Ancano lifted his shield and struck the deformed figure before him in the head. He found out that whatever physical properties his shield had; it was not all that hard, as it failed to crush the skull. It was rather annoying, and it completely ruined the atmosphere. One could not really call killing "merciful" if it took more than a single strike.

"Could use some work, but plenty functional! Might as well take a break and help out with this council chamber thing then."
Go to the gathering of mages and create 3 essences.

Jiksap decided that his hand was good enough for now, and looked around. While he wasn't looking, some twenty mages had gathered nearby. How curious. Jiksap looked around to memorize where he left everything and jogged off to see what the commotion was all about.

Three essences, wave Gambler over to my current position.

Viznor heard someone calling for someone who knew things and looked around. "Someone who knew things" was his most basic description, although it had some overlap with spies and such. From the crowd, one mage in an enchanted suit was calling out. Wiznor waved the shouty mage over. It was time to do business.

"Hmm... Heard that there's a gathering of mages. Might as well help out."

Go to gathering of mages and craft four essences.

Bob too went off to see what the commotion was all about. One mage was telling people that his plan would have to wait due to lack of support, possibly a politician. Some were trading. Some were bickering. The most amazing thing, however, was a trio of oversized velociraptors next to one mage. A colleague in truer sense than usual? Bob was so surprised by the velociraptors that he barely noticed as an essence collapsed and scales spread up his arms.

Another mage that dragged around rumors like cobwebs - Xom the unpredictable. Known for his unusual methods and cruel kills, he was feared but not hunted, for there were too few brave enough to try. Xom also decided to give a try to the old suicidal game of "Cast until your spell kills you" and focused his power until a portal spat out bright ultraviolet frog next to him, indicating that maybe it was a time for a pause.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 506