Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177383 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2014, 01:33:01 am »

Off we go, then. Fly to the mountain. Once we get there, attempt to summon an aether blade (-1) like a psiblade.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2014, 02:09:28 am »

You havent reached castle yet. Look at the map.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2014, 04:25:43 am »

Ok, just thought I was close enough to look around the exterior
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2014, 07:55:53 am »

frown and try it again. Move to a slightly different location if necessary.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2014, 08:38:54 am »

Action one: Gain Enchantment. And enchant my finger for rune making.
Action two: Draw some enchantment runes on the cube and see what happens.

Are you trying to pull SCP-914 on me here? Also, enchantment is one wide affinity. I'ma need to balance that. It's like runes but better in every way. Don't know what to do just yet.
I know. Which is why I naturally assumed that even specifying what object would be enchanted would be a minus one. So I got around that by technically enchanting the runes on the box.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2014, 09:37:30 am »

Are you trying to pull SCP-914 on me here? Also, enchantment is one wide affinity. I'ma need to balance that. It's like runes but better in every way. Don't know what to do just yet.
I know. Which is why I naturally assumed that even specifying what object would be enchanted would be a minus one. So I got around that by technically enchanting the runes on the box.
Found a way to balance this. You get either -1 for specifying what you want, or a luck roll for:
1)Beneficial/Detrimental
2)Specific direction of effects
3)Specific effect

Your enchantment for rune carving finger specifies 1 and 2 so you get -2 malus (for a total of -1 since antural +1) and I'll roll luck for 3.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 01, 2014, 04:13:32 pm »

Endure the pain. Follow Jase towards the mountains by flying if I manage to recover. If not, then just walk towards the destination.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2014, 06:02:13 pm »

Turn 15
________________________________________________________________________________

"Hello troll! What's your name? I'm James Mackenzie. I summoned you."
((I forgot to give James a last name on his sheet. It's Mackenzie.))
Talk to my new troll friend.

"Here's a shard David. You owe me one."
Give my last shard to David.

Summon a healing pill.

Name's Grundar and oh boss, are you ever a lucky fellow to have summoned me. I can already see that you need some good advice. I mean, just look at the two guys you caught. One is scrawny, no meat on him, and the other is alchemist! Let me tell you boss, there is absolutely no way to fix the taste of an alchemist. All their work has blighted their flesh all the way to the bones. What's worse, there can be afterefects. No, realy. Once I ate an alchemist whole, was realy hungry that day. For the whole next week I was farting fire. But no wories boss, With me here you have nothing to fear. Even that scrawny guy can be of use in a soup, and alchemists usualy burn well. Both meat and firewood are present, we only need a cauldron now. Do you know where we could get one?

Riiight. Don't eat anyone just yet. I want to try something.

CMP [4]
POT [3]

James focuses his powers in a single spot, and with a loud "pop" a red pill materialises in the air. Not quite the SCP-500, but should help with bruises and cuts nonetheless.

David was meanwhile bussy trying to improve his runecrafting skills with magic he had never used before, by using it on his own flesh. No way at all this could go wrong!

CMP [3-1=2]
POT [3+2=5]
LUCK [9]

Davids index finger on left hand flashes with briliant ligh, as it turns from flesh to metal. Short inspection reveals that the finger can still move, yet now has lost any sensitivyti to being touched, making it rather dificult to use in fine art of rune carving.

Bind and strangle the naga with some thrown seeds that will grow into vines.
Trap her like I am trapped! But with more murder.

Hey, how about we don't fight? I let you do whatever you were doing, and I just leave?
"So be it, then. May the blood flow across this lands, empowering me further. Let the reign of death commence!"

I gain a previously discussed Death affinity. And head to the castle gates to bash open heads of those who linger my forthcoming progress in magical arts.

SPD [1]
LUCK [9]
END [5]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [4]

SPD [3+1=4]
STR [3]

As Isaac was trying to negotiate, naga was bussy geting rid of diplomatical disadvantage i.e. being in a pit. Remaining five of her swords were thrust in the ground around the pit to provide leverage, and naga almost flew out of the pit, her charge powered by five strong hands. Unfortunately for her, ground surounding the trap was loose, and her mighty leap turned in a fall as the ground under her swords gave in. Only by performing increadible acrobatic tricks (leting away from the blades and grabing onto whatever) allowed the warrioress to remain out of low ground. Now unarmed and angry, naga slithered towards imobilized Isaac.

"Sorry, but I have explicit orders to kill anyone invading the castle. And you... you will not have the luxury of going to oblivion quicly."

With these words, naga wraped her tail around Isaac further restricting his movement and raising herself above mages head. Her six hands reeled back and started punding unlucky guy all, over. But by the virtue of vines softening up the blows, and some increadible will and endurance gained from long trecks in the nature, Isaac remained concious and his mind remained coherent enough to cast a spell. Vines that were spun around him grew outwards, capturing and entangling all six arms of fierce assailant.

When Whaz walked out from the keep to check on Mezala he was greeted by most curious sight. His companion and a ball of vines were aparently trying to outbondage eachother.

Continue sleepily to the castle, I need a nap!

SPD [(6-1)/2+1=3.5]

Mr.Sandman aproached the castle gates and was greeted with some sort of modern at exibition. Or mabye a carnival, possibly a fair of sorts. A large half woman half serpent had cought a ball of wines with her tail, but her hands were caught by the very same vines.The path to castle was two parts savana one part pit, and over in the courtyard was some guy carying a large, completely black hammer. It could also be a circus act in practice. An escape trick of sorts.

Off we go, then. Fly to the mountain. Once we get there, attempt to summon an aether blade (-1) like a psiblade.

Endure the pain. Follow Jase towards the mountains by flying if I manage to recover. If not, then just walk towards the destination.

END [6]
SPD [(3+1)/2+1=3]

SPD [(6+2)/2+1=5]

Crimson atempted to overcome the pain with focusing entirely of geting in the air and moving forwards It works so well that not only the pain fades away, but also any thought of his actual destination and voice of his newfound friend. As he rose to fly, cCrimson did not stop until some way past the last mountain. Jase, unburdened by pain folowed after, usucessfully trying to talk some sense into force mage. When they finaly landed, Aether wielder continued with the original plan, waiting for Crimson to pick himself up from the ground after a long flight.

CMP [2]
POT [2]

But it would seem that the flight had tired him out just as well. Feedback from the spell rendered his hand numb for a few minutes, bringing with it no other effect.

frown and try it again. Move to a slightly different location if necessary.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [2-1=1]

Yet again Rohan tried to craft something useful from the atmosphere and yet again his spell fused amonia with oxygen. This time, however, it fused it in entirely diferent way, creating nitring acid in the bottle. But with all the focus on form, alchemist had forgoten acount for mass, and thus only a few drops of acid were created.
________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Thank gods and Salsacoockies for chosing that purple glow. Turns out your base collor is almost invisible in baren hills.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 02, 2014, 06:12:59 pm »

((That first action was supposed to be edited into last turn.))
Temp enchant my my finger with anti magic hopefully removing the metal enchant.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 02, 2014, 06:21:05 pm »

((That should had been specified in your last post. Also, not certain why you are trying to disenchant your finges. It's metal and has no nerve endings. You could sharpen it and use it to carve runes in anything softer than glass.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 02, 2014, 06:53:09 pm »

((That's what I meant by specifying it as action one. And that's not very useful if I want to enchant weapons or bottles. It would be better to try again until I just get the ability to write in pure magic.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 02, 2014, 07:20:20 pm »

That makes a small ammount of sense. Very small, but it is not pure BS nonetheless. I rolled for your curent spell (asume it happened this turn) and you got CMP 5 POT 1. Your finger is now all flesh except for the nail, which is still metal, but now it is sharp.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #312 on: August 02, 2014, 07:21:00 pm »

Blow some seeds into her mouth and kill her from the inside!

Hey! Sleepy guy! I could use some help over here!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 02, 2014, 09:09:29 pm »

That makes a small ammount of sense.
Which part?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2014, 09:27:04 pm »

"Hmm... your trick is honorable, yet I see you are inexperienced in the arts of escaping, calm yourself, calm... calm. Think of all as grass, and find the weakest root." I yawn and stretch. "Here, I will help the amateur".

Let out a spark that puts the plant man under a trance, and changes his view of the world as one most comfortable
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 506