Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181852 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 118 "Construct aditional votes"
« Reply #3000 on: October 02, 2015, 04:00:32 pm »

((I will carve staff out of your bones! I have divine mandate!))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: October 02, 2015, 05:58:59 pm »

You can use the a blade I make in the future to do it once I create a blacksmith shop that is. (I plan joining the Roll To Magic Business community)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: October 02, 2015, 08:12:35 pm »

((Hey I did nothing wrong.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: October 02, 2015, 08:39:14 pm »

My business being selling blades. I don't care how they are used once bought so long as they aren't used against me.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: October 02, 2015, 08:40:25 pm »

Alright Jase I'll help you with the aura, even though it will make my healing magic even less in demand."
Use about 5 essences to reinforce the Jase's base's regeneration aura.
Then 3 healing essences if it won't mess anything up.
Search for Grundar will begin next turn.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: October 02, 2015, 10:11:22 pm »

"This place will be a refuge, James. Some who arrive may have injuries that require more immediate healing than the aura can provide, and your services will still be in demand outside of it."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: October 02, 2015, 11:00:19 pm »

"I know, I know. You're doing a good thing here, making this refuge. I was mostly just complaining for the sake of it. Things sure have changed a lot since we came here, eh?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: October 02, 2015, 11:12:54 pm »

"That first group of us that showed up back when we thought that we were the only ones who would be here? Hell, I didn't know whether I could even trust anyone or if they'd stab me in the back for my shards. I took off on my own as soon as I had the chance."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:20:52 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: October 03, 2015, 12:16:30 pm »

"All right then! Here's to hoping nothing goes absolutely horribly wrong and kills everyone!"
Using all non-chaotic essences, strengthen security systems. Also add in a steampunk hover chair for my seat at the table. Oh, and make the doors automatic.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: October 03, 2015, 12:25:35 pm »

I call this themesong for my character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHJ2TZpauF8&spfreload=1
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:59:04 pm by star2wars3 »

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: October 03, 2015, 02:30:57 pm »

"Hah, I'm too stroink!"

use two +1/+1 essences to roast the other half of that guy's face.

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: October 03, 2015, 03:41:53 pm »

Summon my Deinonychus and young Utahraptor to me. Then greet the mage who controls the Velociraptors with:

"Hello there. Another fan of the past, I see. I'm Bob T. Bakker, paleomage and highly respected paleontologist. I couldn't help but notice that you have three very nice Velociraptors here. How did you acquire them?"

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: October 03, 2015, 05:29:07 pm »

I summoned them myself, they are closely related to birds, you have some fine specimens yourself.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: October 04, 2015, 05:20:24 am »

This should be...interesting.
Catch the ultraviolet frog and craft 4 essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: October 04, 2015, 04:12:42 pm »

Turn 119

Hmm... Sharpen the blunt iron sword, and keep making essences. Try 3 this time.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alexander grabbed the blunt sword and focused, seeking to enforce full sword shape on it. The blade extended to the sides, before rolling up and merging the sides together to form an iron pipe. Alexander then attempted to focus, seeking to gather power, yet an essence exploded and metal pipe bent again, this time into a metal ring. Just when Alexander was getting angry at the pipe, thinking if it could get any worse, a group of mages to the side tore open what looked very much like a gateway to hell.

Make 3 essences and continue travelling north-west.

Ilium attempted to stand up but the ground was holding onto him too hard with its invisible chains. Colors began swimming faster and faster, mixing into a vortex of rainbows. It was all so distracting, Ilium began feeling a bit motion sick.

Um I geuss I'll change my action to create 3 rewgular blade essences

Skeliborn sat and focused his power. He looked at the ten mages trying to cast a spell. He saw one of them create a base for the spell. He saw them pouring their power in. He saw the clouds collecting and then he saw fabric of reality split all the way from the clouds to the ground. Skeliborn began rethinking his decision to stay and observe.

"Hah, I'm too stroink!"

use two +1/+1 essences to roast the other half of that guy's face.

Deciding to finish off the poor sod properly, Ancano flash heated Jonas head into a pile of smoking ash. Just as he was counting the shards he took of the body something terrible happened behind him. Ancano turned around, towards the portal and saw a tear in reality extending from ground to the sky. Some horrendous creature extended a hand out of the tear, and Ancano felt all his fears of human mage incompetence justified.

This should be...interesting.
Catch the ultraviolet frog and craft 4 essences.

Xom reached out and grabbed the laws of physics breaking frog. Fourth swipe of hand succeeded and Xom now held a being that had no reason being here. Satisfied, he focused his mind on collecting power, but the frog began squirming, throwing his mind off balance. As another essence imploded, Xom noticed that entire world was now tinted slightly purple. Looking behind him, he noticed a hundreds of meters tall rift to a place that wasn't. Xom looked away again.

2 more essences, check if I can fly while wearing my scuba gear

new action:summon some peacocks and quetzals(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resplendent_quetzal) for the garden, use 2 +1/+1 essences
Jase takes a moment to look upon the other mages, recognizing those who would be key to the spell from descriptions he had heard of them before coming here. "Very well. It might work yet, but I will need full cooperation. I can lay the foundations, and after that all it will need are enhancements. James, I will need you to reinforce the regeneration aura. Gambler, would you reinforce the luck aura? Crimson and Jiksap will need to reinforce the safety features. Viznor, could you reinforce the aura of competence I will weave? Shias, I will give you a garden, but you will need your own power to reinforce it. Dwen, I shall give you a bar, but you will need to strengthen it yourself. Kahel, if you could make the temperature comfortable inside, it would be appreciated. And all of you could probably add your own chairs to the chamber while you're at it. Once again, I am not a Chair mage. To those others of you who wish to help but do not have a task, be patient. I do not have the power to complete my vision at the moment. There is still room for additions at a later time, but it would not do to prematurely complicate the spell."

Get the gear from people who offered, like Kahel and James, I think.

Right, first spell. Massive (-3) Affinity Borrow. 3 +1 CMP essences, 4 +1 POT essences, 2 +1/+1 essences.

And now for the big one. Summon and weave the aether into a massive (-3) animate (-3) solid (-1) fortress (-1) with a tower in the center (-1). The fortress should have auras of regeneration (-1), luck (-1), and competence (-1) woven throughout. The defence consist of machines that can project forcefields (-1) or anti-magic fields (-1) in the case of hostilities, and they should have the ability to sense hostile intent (-1). The council chamber at the top of the tower should have a solid aether round table (-1) and a solid aether beanbag chair (-1) (or a comfortable chair modified for people with wings). The grounds near the tower should have a forest (-1) with magical (-1) plants. The bottom floor of the tower will have a bar (-1) stocked with magical (-1) drinks. There should also be a dueling field (-1) near the tower with the same defence that only activate to prevent lethal force (-1). +All non-chaotic essences.

And let's sort out the affinities here:
Aether:
-the whole building (-9)
-table (-1)
-chair (-1)
-Dueling field (-1?)
Aether/Machine:
-Anti magic field generators (-1)

Aether/Machine/Knowledge:
-Sense intent (-1)
-Sense lethality (-1)

Aether/Machine/Force:
-Forcefield generators (-1)

Aether/Healing:
-Regeneration aura (-1)

Aether/Luck:
-Luck Aura (+X Luck) (-1)

Aether/Knowledge:
-Competence Aura (+1/+1 CMP/POT to casting) (-1)

Aether/Plants:
-Magical garden (-2?)

Aether/Alcohol:
-Magical bar (-2?)

((Should come out to -23 CMP or so. And with the rest of my non-chaotic essences, I should have a net +4 CMP/+30 or 40ish POT. Or something. That took forever to type out on my phone. I'll double check it later. Also, not 100% certain on maluses. Might have given too many. Took one for specifying garden, bar, and dueling field, not sure if I needed to since Jase is weaving the whole thing at once.))

{To type this out on a phone, you are a braver man than I}

"I don't have much usable essences but I'll do what I can."

Help reinforce the forcefield generator. Break two shards for +1 CMP and use my two +1/+1 force essences (?) and a +1 POT force essence.

((DG, I think you accidentally turned my +1/+1 force essence into an explosion essence.

Just to be sure that nothing bad happens, one force essence...

was what I stated in my previous action. I only remember having a single +1/+1 explosion essence before that.))
"I'll do a chair, through i am not a Chair mage. Where should i place it?"

Summon(-1) a chair made from gold.

"Need something else?"
"I to shall assist"

assist the spell with 4 of My essences. Give the main chamber pillars of iron with gold etchings. Other rooms get the etchings on the wall.
"I'm all for it."

My chair will be an antique oak chair with forest green cushions on the seat and back which make it comfortable to sit in.  The magical bar will be shaped like a fantasy style tavern, with a kitchen sectioned off in a separate room, it will be stocked with normal alcoholic beverages of all kinds, have glasses and mugs and the sorts.  Everything will be made up of sturdy oak wood.  A sign saying "Normal Alcohol and Food free to council members.  Talk to the bartender for special items."
Alright Jase I'll help you with the aura, even though it will make my healing magic even less in demand."
Use about 5 essences to reinforce the Jase's base's regeneration aura.
Then 3 healing essences if it won't mess anything up.
Search for Grundar will begin next turn.

"All right then! Here's to hoping nothing goes absolutely horribly wrong and kills everyone!"
Using all non-chaotic essences, strengthen security systems. Also add in a steampunk hover chair for my seat at the table. Oh, and make the doors automatic.
"Indeed. May our fortunes rise and fall as one."
Assist in the ritual to bolster and reinforce the luck aura in any way I can. Use all non-chaotic essences.
Shias returns to the portal area and speaks to Jase.
Joint cast the spell for creating the chamber if he initiates it. Boost with essences. Include flowers into interior desing.
Otherwise he travels back to the trippy spores and wears gasmask before getting too close. Also 3 essences more.

"My time is short here. If you want to create the council chamber, now would be the time for it. I'll assist you casting the spell. Otherwise I must move to tend my business."
I help Jase out, with all 8 of my +1+1 knowledge essences. Since that presumably gives me a little room to add things, make the intention-sensing system detect and reveal any lies it finds, and make anyone with hostile intentions lose the knowledge of what they were going to do. Hopefully, that last one should prevent non-magical fights, or, for that matter, drunken brawls.

Also, make a small library. Nothing huge, just a few bookshelves filled with various kinds of books.

If I can, engrave a sigil at my place on the table- a plain scroll, about halfway unfurled, upon which is the image of a slit-pupiled eye. Obviously, don't go prioritizing this over other stuff.

Jase laid down the base of the spell to allow all nine mages to channel their powers without interference, and the greatest spell yet to be cast on the island began. Reality shattered and a rift was torn over all the way from ground to the sky. Sky darkened as clouds formed, blocking out the light. Bolts of lightning, both natural and magical struck out, bending mid-air and converging upon the portal, dissipating few meters away from it. For some time, everyone could see a dome around the portal, clearly marked by numerous dissipating Lichtenberg figures.

Basicly this.

A veritable flood of purple spilled out from the tear in space time, crashing against invisible walls, filling out a shape that was impossible to see. Waves of purple moved as sea during a storm, the comparison helped by thunderstorm happening above. The flood of purple formed into something akin to a castle with one incredibly large tower in the center. As the flood finally ran out, the structure reassembled an unfinished statue - general figure was there, but there were no windows or doors nor any smaller details.

A great arm extended forth from the portal. The hand closed, grabbing onto something. It clenched a fist which was at least thirty meters across, and swung it as if striking with a tool. With a tearing sound, a hammer shaped piece of the sky was swung by the arm at the castle. Hammer connected with the very tip of the tallest tower, and the impact rang as if someone had rung a bell so vast that the strike produced a sound of a thunderclap. Circle of ancient symbols, predating anything anyone mortal had any right to see, appeared above the tower, and from it, extended thousands of lines of symbols. These lines stuck to the structure, forming shapes. As the shapes stopped moving, the magic they carried finalizing, they flashed with light and sank into the structure. Where they did, aether became more defined and began forming shapes, windows, doors, defense systems and all else that was asked for by the spell.

As main circle atop the tallest tower faded, the hammer landed again, this time forming three smaller circles.  The circles began glowing and orbiting the tallest tower. With that, the hand released the hammer of sky, storm clouds reforming as they were, and hand retreated back in the tear. Thunder strikes ceased and the rift slowly closed. Just as the rift finally disappeared, the center part of what was once the rift exploded, sending out two large spirits, one green another clear. They flew and rammed against the tower walls and dissipated. Castle walls in undecorated places still looked as if they were a water surface in a storm, but the gate that led inside was clearly defined, seemingly built entirely out of straight lines. The gates lay open, allowing free passage inside. Storm clouds still hung heavy.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:06:22 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 506