Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181450 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #315 on: August 02, 2014, 09:40:18 pm »

That makes a small ammount of sense.
Which part?
The part where you wanted finger enchantment to make runes to be a part of turn 14.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 02, 2014, 09:53:55 pm »

"I think we overshot it."

Fly back to the mountain, then Aether sense it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 02, 2014, 09:58:45 pm »

"What? No. You can't eat David, he's my business partner. And you can't eat the alchemist, he's a potential customer. You can only eat people if they try to steal from the shop, or if they attack us, or if I tell you to. Feel free to eat that dead guy there, he was a fire mage so he might be spicy."

Summon a cauldron for my troll. Then summon a weapon for my troll.
Examine the modern art left by Firefox. Is it obsidian?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 02, 2014, 11:50:11 pm »

"Sorry about that."

Fly back to the mountain.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 03, 2014, 01:03:12 am »

"Heh... Quite a sight, indeed. Not unlike some torture chamber. Oh, and so many mages trying to invade MY castle... Off they go, then."

Run at the nagamage plantball with an intention to kill the mage part. By hitting him with a hammer really, really...

Whaz glanced at the swords left by Mezala on an uneven ground. No, they won't do the trick. He never tried to wield one in his entire life and was not the best moment to correct this.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:22:26 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 03, 2014, 08:07:53 am »

Enchant my fingernail with magical sharpness.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 03, 2014, 09:49:00 am »

Interesting...

Synthesize more of this acid

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 03, 2014, 07:16:32 pm »

Turn 16
__________________________________________________________________________________

Blow some seeds into her mouth and kill her from the inside!

Hey! Sleepy guy! I could use some help over here!

"Hmm... your trick is honorable, yet I see you are inexperienced in the arts of escaping, calm yourself, calm... calm. Think of all as grass, and find the weakest root." I yawn and stretch. "Here, I will help the amateur".

Let out a spark that puts the plant man under a trance, and changes his view of the world as one most comfortable
"Heh... Quite a sight, indeed. Not unlike some torture chamber. Oh, and so many mages trying to invade MY castle... Off they go, then."

Run at the nagamage plantball with an intention to kill the mage part. By hitting him with a hammer really, really...

Whaz glanced at the swords left by Mezala on an uneven ground. No, they won't do the trick. He never tried to wield one in his entire life and was not the best moment to correct this.

SPD [3+1=4]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [2]
END [5+1=6]

SPD [3-1=2]
CMP [5]
POT [1]

SPD [1+1=2]

SPD [1+1=2]
STR [6+1=7]

Isaac was first to act, his rapidly thought out plan to save himself hinged on timing. Just as naga let out another annoyed shout, he blew a few seeds like a master straight into her mouth. Surprised by this suden intrusion, naga instinctively swalowed them, and then plant mages spell took efect. Seeds within Naga,s stomach germinated and let out a few leaves. Not something that would stop a warioress in her tracks, it might had even given her an energy boost.

Mezala, seing how her arms were too tied up to properly bash the intruder for trying some strange stuff on her, chose to constrict her tail instead. By far thicker than that of average pythons, it crushed all bones Isaac had below ribcage. Only by combination of shock, magic of that strange sleepy guy and willpower to shame most gods Isaac managed to remain concious.

Whaz finaly had reached the mess that was combat between mage and Mezala and tried time tested method of bashing skulls. But even with his best tries, the weightlessness of the hammer inhibited shadow mage of inflicting any actual damage to the mage or the vines that surounded him.

"I think we overshot it."

Fly back to the mountain, then Aether sense it.
"Sorry about that."

Fly back to the mountain.

SPD [(4+1+1)/2+1=4]
CMP [2+1=3]
POT [2+1=3]

SPD [(1+1)/2+1=2]

Both arcane angels flew back to the lone mountain. Crimson seemingly still not puting a whole lot of faith into his pair, flew only few meters above ground. When they reached base of the mountain, Jase tried to reach out with aether into enviroment to scan once again, yet all he managed to sense was uniform blanket of aether.

"What? No. You can't eat David, he's my business partner. And you can't eat the alchemist, he's a potential customer. You can only eat people if they try to steal from the shop, or if they attack us, or if I tell you to. Feel free to eat that dead guy there, he was a fire mage so he might be spicy."

Summon a cauldron for my troll. Then summon a weapon for my troll.
Examine the modern art left by Firefox. Is it obsidian?

CMP [6]
POT [1+1+1=3]
LUCK [8]

Heeding James directions Grundar scampered off to inspect Leo's corpse, leaving mage alone to his experiements. Healer reached out through realities and pulled, draging a steel pot consisting of several parts that seemed to be made to either boil, steam or fry. Unfortunately, all parts were melted at the edges resulting in layered mass of steel.

Grundar was meanwhile inspecting Leo. "I knew that pyromancers were usualy hot headed but this is something else. His head is almost boiling hot. Let's have a look"

CMP [5-1=4]
POT [3+1+1-1=4]
LUCK [8]

Ignoring his minnion, James tried yet again to pull something out of between realities.This time the result was more straightforward. A solid looking steel mace apeared, decorated with small spikes for extra pain.

"Seriously boss, look at this guy, his brain is fried like a meat pie. Though realy good, you should have a try, tastes like nothing I ever had. Oh you have found a pot! Nice job boss, knew you knew how to find good stuff, I mean, you did find me." With this Grundar unceremoniusly dropped Leo's corpse and sat down to try and pick out molten metal pieces out of the pot.

James looked around searching for whatever had remained of the fox. The bits and pieces proved to be surprisingly easy to find, as they were still just as glowing hot as they were when they still tried to breathe fire. How curious.

Enchant my fingernail with magical sharpness.

CMP [4-1=3]
POT [6+2=8]

David continued his experiements with enchantments. His spell flew true and his fingernail started glowing brightly. Almost blindingly so, and it showed no signs of stoping. But a quick test revealed taht the fingernail now was able to easily cut through stone like it was jelly. No only to find some lose gloves or some darkened glasses.

Interesting...

Synthesize more of this acid

CMP [3+1]
POT [2-1]

Rohan, in atempt to !!Science!!, or mabye in atempt to craft a throwable weapon atempted to magicly synthesize more acid. Yet with a formula he ahd just discovered the progress was slow going, and when the spell ran out of steam there were barely a tablespoon of acid in the vial. Still enough to kill anyone who would be stupid enough to drink the stuff.
________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

IMPORTANT
Due to pool results, now anyone can create afinity specific esenses. Creating an esense counts as a spell, what bonuses it will give to spellcast when used varies depending on rolls, though most will be +1/+1. You will have base +1 to CMP when creating this (no maluses for creating). You can use multiple esenses for a cast, but only if the afinity for which the esense was created is used in the spell. You can only create esenses for afinities that you have.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #323 on: August 03, 2014, 07:39:08 pm »

Use all of my shards! Crush the shadow Mage and the naga with the vines!
If I'm somehow still alive, eat my healing fruit.

*cough* I offered you... a chance to live... and you didn't take it! Now, *gurgle* die with me!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:17:56 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 03, 2014, 08:47:58 pm »

I realy should update your status in google doc. You seem to be having hope to live through this.

Also, on what will you spend the shards? CMP or POT?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2014, 08:51:35 pm »

Summon 3 healing pills.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #326 on: August 03, 2014, 08:53:32 pm »

POT is strength, right?
If I can, whatever will not make me die (Depends on the rolls).
Otherwise, 2 POT 1 CMP (That's five, right?)

And no, I'm not expecting to live. But if I use them, they won't get my shards! Blaze of glory time!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 03, 2014, 09:11:47 pm »

Summon 3 healing pills.

You do realise, that I wll count that as three seperate spells, right?
POT is strength, right?
If I can, whatever will not make me die (Depends on the rolls).
Otherwise, 2 POT 1 CMP (That's five, right?)

Thats four. CMP is two and POT is one crystal. I now hope that you will roll double sixes.

And no, I'm not expecting to live. But if I use them, they won't get my shards! Blaze of glory time!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #328 on: August 03, 2014, 09:18:05 pm »

Three POT, one CMP.

I'm considering five POT... What would a roll of six with five bonus do?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:11:05 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 03, 2014, 09:46:21 pm »

((Ooh, neat, new stuff.))

Create aether essence.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:51:34 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 506