Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182824 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 122 Strange tomes and Old enemies
« Reply #3210 on: October 16, 2015, 09:39:33 pm »

Given that I turned a bone into a powerful weapon with a 2 on a luck role, yes. (The reason European sword s are good weapons is because there weight causes internal bleeding through armor. As a result, the bone blade was a complete success. I did my research when creating this aspect.)

((That luck roll is in my color, so it was probably for the book that tried to punch me in the face.))

((That's not to say I doubt the lethality of my new sword-claws, though.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: October 16, 2015, 10:23:23 pm »

((About swords and armour.

Most european swords were not heavy. They were designed for dueling people without armour. You don't need a lot of impact to kill someone without armour, you need speed and reach. Swords were designed to be as light and fast as possible, usually less than 4 pounds. That's why they have that groove in the middle, to lighten the sword without weakening it. The exception to this is zweihanders, which were mostly designed to cut the tips off of pikes. No swords were made to deal with armour though. If you want to get through armour use a hammer or mace.

There is one technique knights used, called Mordhau. They literally held the sword by the blade and hit people with the handle like a mace. There was also Halfswording, where they held halfway up the blade to get more control and make it easier to stab between armour plates. But no one carried a sword to deal with armour. These techniques were used as backup for when they lost their mace or other anti-armour weapon.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: October 16, 2015, 10:25:15 pm »

Whatevs, it still created a blade like weapon. Also, I want to see how the essences collapse.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: October 17, 2015, 03:50:11 pm »

Craft 3 essences, then move my chair next to Professor Jiksap.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: October 17, 2015, 04:39:57 pm »

What are the bonuses and penalties for being a skeleton? What is the required comp and pot to become one?
15/15, bonuses for more. You lose END, gain SPD and some asorted being a skeleton bonuses.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: October 17, 2015, 05:28:44 pm »

Create one force essence and one explosion essence.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: October 17, 2015, 05:33:57 pm »

PM'ed.
Once I'm done, find the council chamber and create 4 essences.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: October 17, 2015, 11:34:46 pm »

What are the bonuses and penalties for being a skeleton? What is the required comp and pot to become one?
15/15, bonuses for more. You lose END, gain SPD and some asorted being a skeleton bonuses.
Mmph. A little stiff, but I'll manage. Is SPD used for initiative? Also, I thought I'd loose dex rather than end.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: October 18, 2015, 12:17:04 am »

Name: Forric, The logical positivist
Affinity: Heat
Description(optional):N/A expect for the fact he hates unverifiable claims.
STR= 0
DEX= 2
SPD= 2
END= 0
POT= 4
Another fire/heat/flame mage? Don't we already have two more of those? Can no-one think outside of the stereotype that all mages must be able to throw fireballs?

Also, re-balance those stats. You should bring your stats to multiples of three for a consistent bonus, and/or bump a few of them up to one to negate the penalty for having zero points in a stat.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: October 18, 2015, 01:07:46 am »

Two aether essences. Take appropriate precautions against any idiots collapsing essences in a harmful way.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: October 18, 2015, 01:21:55 am »

As the necromancer and the mad scientist delved into deeper and deeper conversation, soon all was revealed to Jiksap. And he knew that he could not resist the offer of one clearly at least as mad as himself.

((ATHATH's ultra top secret offer has been accepted. Please make sure to enter the building for your turn though, I would prefer if I wasn't secretly screaming out the window at you.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: October 18, 2015, 07:10:52 am »

Two aether essences. Take appropriate precautions against any idiots collapsing essences in a harmful way.

I'm nnot an idiot, I'm just a n emotionless impulsive  blade mage.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:13:51 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: October 18, 2015, 10:40:19 am »

Shias is bored and annoyed for having to wait. He makes 5 essences in meantime.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: October 18, 2015, 12:27:19 pm »

Hey... if the Gambler got a large enough bonus to his luck, he could collapse 20 or so luck essences in one turn with little to no risk.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: October 18, 2015, 02:23:27 pm »

Hey... if the Gambler got a large enough bonus to his luck, he could collapse 20 or so luck essences in one turn with little to no risk.

((Something tells me bad things happen when you try to get away with a -20 malus.))
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 506