Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1175238 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #330 on: August 04, 2014, 12:09:49 am »

Three POT then.
Huh. That would be truly disastrous. I respect your attitude. But...

Seeing that he could do nothing with a hammer, Whaz took one of the swords and fed him to the dying mage. Pointed end first, of course.

"Damn you, annoying mages... Always trying to lurk close to me..."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:17:24 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 04, 2014, 01:54:21 am »

Scan my surroundings.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 04, 2014, 06:04:31 am »

" Shadow man, please wait before he performance is done to begin your tricks, one trick is plenty to appreciate, others will be overlooked.[/glow]

Touch the Shadow mage with Drowsy
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 04, 2014, 07:10:01 am »

"Hey guy mind if I borrow this? I'm Dave and this is my business partner Rohan. Good to meet'cha."
Try to cut runes of enchantment into the glass cube and see what happens.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 06, 2014, 11:48:25 am »

Waiting for 4maskwolf.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 06, 2014, 11:55:20 am »

"Hey guy mind if I borrow this? I'm Dave and this is my business partner Rohan. Good to meet'cha."

"I keep forgetting you're David's clone, not David. Sure you can have it.
Do you remember anything? I'm James. I was your business partner. We built this treehouse together.
So you're working with Rohan now? I wouldn't trust him, he tried to steal my shards.
"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 06, 2014, 12:04:21 pm »

"Whoa man. You don't touch another mans shards! It's like a rule or something. But still, he can make bombs and acid. That could turn a pretty profit."

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2014, 12:06:18 pm »

"I didn't try to steal nothing from nobody.  You have me mistaken for someone else."

Nitric acid again, then.

I hate my rolls.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2014, 03:12:24 pm »

Turn 17

*cough* I offered you... a chance to live... and you didn't take it! Now, *gurgle* die with me!
Three POT then.
Huh. That would be truly disastrous. I respect your attitude. But...

Seeing that he could do nothing with a hammer, Whaz took one of the swords and fed him to the dying mage. Pointed end first, of course.

"Damn you, annoying mages... Always trying to lurk close to me..."
" Shadow man, please wait before he performance is done to begin your tricks, one trick is plenty to appreciate, others will be overlooked.

Touch the Shadow mage with Drowsy

SPD [6+1=7]
CMP [6+1+1=8]
POT [2+3=5]

SPD [2+1=3]
DEX [5+1=6]

SPD [1-1=0]
CMP [1]
POT [3]

SPD [4+1=5]
END [6]

With his last breath, Isaac breathes out spell fueled by his soul shards and his pain in equal measure. Within the madness that shrouded his mind, mage found clarity, within his enemies he found purpose. All vines that griped both Isaac and Mezala unfurled, reaching some distance behind Whaz. Being able to recognise danger when he saw it, shadow mage bacfliped as fast as he could, dodging the recoiling vines by a hairs width.He landed next to one of Mezalas swords, grabed it and would had rushed out towards the ofending ruler of plants, had he not been stoped dead in his tracks by what he saw.

The vines that prevously looked like nothing out of the ordinary plants now sported inch long hard looking spikes, each of which was coated in some sort of liquid. Within a flash of a second, all of the vines veaved themselves over both Mezala and the plant mage. Spikes buried deep in their flesh, while vines constricted their flesh, breaking bones and dislocating joints. As Isaac breathed his last breath, vines melted down, showering both his corpse and Mezala in acid. Naga warior lived for now, but between poison and acid shower, that would not last.
{Mezala dies at the end of next turn}

Mr.Sandman rather facinated by the spectacle that was hapening before his eyes, sudenly remembered that he wanted to do something. Yes! He wanted to make that shady guy go to sleep. Dream mage prepeared his spell and fired away. For some confusing reason however, shadowy dude was still alert. Mabye he was sleepwalking all along? Sounds like a thing a short nap would help to solve.
{You are now dizzy}

Summon 3 healing pills.

CMP [2]
POT [5+1+1=7]
CMP [6-1=5]
POT [1+1+1-1=3=2]
CMP [5-1-1=3]
POT [5+1+1-1-1=5]

James, not wanting to interupt his troll from having a snack, opted to craft some salable goods instead. Three times he tuged the unknown, first time pulling out a pound of green tea bunched in a pill-like shape, second he pulled out a tiny red pill which he recognized as a downsized unit of cure-all he dealt with while learning healing arts, third he recovered larger than full sized cure-all pill in which within random places were inserted drops purple taint. It soon became clear that the purple taint was some random extremely biter material, which, as the cure-all needed to be sucked upon, could prove as a major downside.

((Ooh, neat, new stuff.))

Create aether essence.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [3+1=4]

Jase, chose to restand prepeare for future chalenges. In his medditation, he forged an aether esense to power his future spells.

Scan my surroundings.

LUCK [7]

Crimson being more cautious chose to inspect the surounding area. While his fear of posible predators was proven to be unfounded, his curiosity was not left wanting. There was a small cave leading within depths of the mountain.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [5+2=7]
LUCK [8]
LUCK [9]
LUCK [9]

Davids nail easily cut runes he wanted in the glass, but this time he allowed his mind to wander. Emptying his mind, leaving all decisions to subconciousness, David carved out a circle of runes on the glass cube. The runes glowed with intence light, and when the circle was finished, glass cube shatered into powder, only to refor in an intricate design of gears and levers. On one side of the mechanism was a note which said:
"SCP-9140. Status:safe. Unauthorised accsess will be punished by termination."

"I didn't try to steal nothing from nobody.  You have me mistaken for someone else."

Nitric acid again, then.

I hate my rolls.

CMP [5]
POT [6-1=5]

Rohan, still oblivious to experiements of nearby mages, continued trying to synthesize acid. This time, having the formula down he was able to focus on making the acid, and suceeded in making two full vials of it.

Sarrak, since you are the only one doing murde around here, I will give you a tip. There are exactly two ways to save Mezala, one of them is magic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Map is from previous turn since not much changed besides the computer I am now using.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:28:16 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2014, 04:26:52 pm »

((I assume that you meant myself when talking about murder. So, three questions:
- Have I received shards from the self-kill?
- Have the healing fruit survived the acidic hell?
- How much penalty I would receive for commanding death?))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 06, 2014, 04:30:56 pm »

Spoiler: Inventory (for sale) (click to show/hide)

"Seeya David, bye Grundar, take care Rohan. I'm going to explore the shipwreck."
summon a paddle, then summon a lifejacket.
Head to the the box/boat, search the beach one last time.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 06, 2014, 04:32:51 pm »

((I assume that you meant myself when talking about murder. So, three questions:
- Have I received shards from the self-kill?
- Have the healing fruit survived the acidic hell?
- How much penalty I would receive for commanding death?))

((Yes I did. Fix'd))
-Nope.
-Nope.
-If by that you mean Grim Reaper, it requires 20 pot and instagibs anything. Yes, you can do this over the course of several spellcasts. (Cast on somone, cast it again, and a few more times. All CMP 4/5 will make POT count towards that 20, CMP 5 will also apply debufs)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 06, 2014, 04:57:11 pm »

((Well, I meant more like stopping it from occurring - creature dies, but it can't die. Of course, this does not apply to instant kills and prolonged damage. More like current situation.
The other way around... Does empowering an ally heals it?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 06, 2014, 05:12:26 pm »

((Oh, you meant becoming undead. Yes, you can do that. It will be -1, and the total POT that will be required will depend on how reallife (or better) you want the undead to be.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 06, 2014, 05:20:19 pm »

((Well, undead is fine too and I myself may chose to ascend to undeath later. But I really meant preventing death from occurring. Whatever. It doesn't seem that it would work anyway.

This leaves the question about improving a minion with soul shards. Does it heal damage to the minion or not?))

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 506