Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1176721 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 123 The council begins!
« Reply #3330 on: October 22, 2015, 06:28:33 am »

((I just realized that he's saying deity of X when he's saying about his character. Well, i don't too dislike that mistake, but it's gonna change when he keep saying that.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: October 22, 2015, 07:54:53 am »

((I just realized that he's saying deity of X when he's saying about his character. Well, i don't too dislike that mistake, but it's gonna change when he keep saying that.))
?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: October 22, 2015, 08:13:03 am »

((Oh, you aren't walking out. You're being removed expediently, which should have already happened. Unless you'd like Jase to call Marcus' bullshit and point out again that Marcus threatened him twice with no provocation.))
You said that you don't care about nor follow the divine law, to Marcus, a cleric of a deity of Law.
((Who then threatened to smite Jase. Unless you're playing some insane religious zealot, a disagreement on ideology is not adequate provocation to threaten bodily harm, at least not to Jase and presumably some of the other mages in the chamber. And if you are playing a religious zealot, Jase would throw Marcus out anyway because he tried to force his own ideology upon others by bringing up the "book of divine law" thing, and then told Jase he would "rue the day", which is also a threat. Marcus figuratively doesn't have any ground to stand on because he barged into someone else's place and then started acting like he was above them all. Marcus has already stated that he won't abide the council's decision if it isn't the one he wants, so Jase further sees no reason to let him stay.))

"It seems Flare votes against. We may just be wasting more of our time than Marcus already has, James, since he did say he wouldn't repay you even if that was the decision reached by the council. I see no reason to keep him here, especially since he seems to have deluded himself into thinking he's being punished for speaking out instead of for the threats that I'm sure you all heard as well."
Well, yeah, he is (or appears to be one, at least). He believes that he can impose the laws of the gods upon mortals because they (the gods) are above mortals, by the very definition of them being gods.

The threats were because he serves a deity of Wrath, and believes that slights against him should be repaid in greater or equal damage. You spoke rudely (in his mind) to him, so he replied in kind.
Need i say more?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: October 22, 2015, 11:21:53 am »

CRAFT 3 ESSENCES.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: October 22, 2015, 12:33:25 pm »

((Oh, you aren't walking out. You're being removed expediently, which should have already happened. Unless you'd like Jase to call Marcus' bullshit and point out again that Marcus threatened him twice with no provocation.))
You said that you don't care about nor follow the divine law, to Marcus, a cleric of a deity of Law.
((Who then threatened to smite Jase. Unless you're playing some insane religious zealot, a disagreement on ideology is not adequate provocation to threaten bodily harm, at least not to Jase and presumably some of the other mages in the chamber. And if you are playing a religious zealot, Jase would throw Marcus out anyway because he tried to force his own ideology upon others by bringing up the "book of divine law" thing, and then told Jase he would "rue the day", which is also a threat. Marcus figuratively doesn't have any ground to stand on because he barged into someone else's place and then started acting like he was above them all. Marcus has already stated that he won't abide the council's decision if it isn't the one he wants, so Jase further sees no reason to let him stay.))

"It seems Flare votes against. We may just be wasting more of our time than Marcus already has, James, since he did say he wouldn't repay you even if that was the decision reached by the council. I see no reason to keep him here, especially since he seems to have deluded himself into thinking he's being punished for speaking out instead of for the threats that I'm sure you all heard as well."
Well, yeah, he is (or appears to be one, at least). He believes that he can impose the laws of the gods upon mortals because they (the gods) are above mortals, by the very definition of them being gods.

The threats were because he serves a deity of Wrath, and believes that slights against him should be repaid in greater or equal damage. You spoke rudely (in his mind) to him, so he replied in kind.
Need i say more?
The Manipulator has multiple domains. His stats have been posted in this thread.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: October 22, 2015, 02:54:49 pm »

4 essences.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: October 22, 2015, 03:05:31 pm »

"So, that's about it? Anything else on agenda? Because I would request you people avoid damaging nature any further. To do so is to invoke wrath of nature and I'm one of its channels. Keep fires of industrialization away from here."

Shias stares at other mages, open scorn in his gaze as he looks at the mage sitting in smoking steampunk chair.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: October 22, 2015, 03:14:01 pm »

"Aha! I knew it! It's one of those nature people on the talk shows that keep yabbering about pollution and crap! Don't get in our way. We're not here to kill trees, so we would greatly appreciate it if you didn't try to kill us.

What do you mean, who is 'we'? That's me, Jigzap, and the other assorted fools in here! Obviously! And for the record, that is steam, not smoke, and it is powered by magic, not charcoal."

At this point Jiksap taps his head a few times.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:15:34 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: October 22, 2015, 03:24:44 pm »

"I don't want to kill trees, but I like a good solid oak mug, its not killing them if they don't speak right?"
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: October 22, 2015, 03:29:59 pm »

Turn 124

Shias the Druid. Location: Council chamber
                                                              ^
((In some games I have habit of doing this. |  ))

Another 5 essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shias was calmly looking over the drama that was unfolding before him. Mages were arguing about what to do, and to whom, and who should be doing it. Insults were being flung along with accusations and outright threats. It was somehow fitting for Wizards to create a huge structure, just so that they would have where to shout at each other.

"Okay, i'll play safe with this thing."

Touch the specter. After that, 4 more essences.

Eterna carefully poked the scepter with a finger and quickly withdrew it. Nothing terrible happened, besides scepter rolling an inch or two from the poke. Aether beneath the crystal seemed to become more turbulent, but the gold itself was entirely safe.

"So it looks like the important people are either here or in the library are we going to start yet?

Make 5 essences.

Dwen was just as bored as many others gathered here. James finally arrived, allowing them to begin and brewmaster was eager to do so. There were discussions to be had, deals to be made and customers to be earned.

The short and unassuming man that is James finally enters the council chamber. Or he would be unassuming if it weren't for the troll following him and the many magical artifacts on his person.

"Sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything important?"
Take a seat at the council table.
Play it safe and only make 4 essences.

I suppose it couldn't hurt to test the omnicube a bit. See if it's possible to use the forms James memorized for the old cube without any rolls. Specifically try the shovel, that seems relatively harmless.

James sat at the table and the discussion began. James soon noticed that there was someone trying to claim old laws and decided that it was a well enough claim, if it also meant that the shards mentalist Marcus had nicked off him would be returned. The debate escalated from there, and James began tinkering with his glass cube, partially to calm the nerve, partially to check if old combinations were still valid. They were, and soon enough James held in his hands a shovel of glass. One might think that it would be impractical, as glass would shatter against stone, but it worked well enough before.

"Aha! Haha! MWAHAHAHA! What do we have here?"

Old King Coal was a little aggrieved by the fact that he was going to have to do some digging, but he pushed the thought away...

Old King Coal works at digging up the chest, making 3 bone essences as he does so.

Old king was throwing around roots and swearing. Why the hell did the plants had to grow all around the chest? Why did they have to craft a net that was so difficult to tear away? Old King, finally got too annoyed by the roots and attempted to just pull the chest out of the dirt, but it was either too heavy or too stuck. Meanwhile, another frog exploded scattering it's bones around.

Make 4 essences

Seva was finding it increasingly difficult to concentrate. Too many wizards were talking about too many things, and Seva did not feel like he could afford to not pay attention. Velociraptors were getting restless too; they were especially interested when wizards began adding dramatic hand swings to emphasize their points.

"I am flare, a Mage of metal, my goal is to gain great power so that I may create great workings."

shape the electrum lump into a throne, sit in it.

"I belive the best course of action is to work together, I know we are not the only beings on this island so we do not necessarily have to fight eachother to gain power"

Flare reformed electrum into a proper throne before people began questioning as to how a boulder of an alloy appeared, and sat down before anyone had a chance to make jokes about miscasting. Thankfully, James appeared and discussion began before anyone noticed. Flare had a business deal to make, and maybe there would be just enough mages who would listen.
Tch. How... Annoying. Still, finding a worthy opponent is first priority. Keep searching. Sooner or later someone will be found. Create 3 sword essences while I walk.

Alexander wandered through the forest some more, before reaching a small clearing full of white flowers. The flowers were pretty, but they gave off a foul odor. Alexander listened in and heard nothing but silence around him. If there were anything moving in this forest, they probably had gone somewhere far away from the flowers, an idea Alexander fully understood and appreciated.

Oh.

I apologize for that, Tome. I wasn't aware my scanning spell would bother you.

Is there anything I can do to make amends?

This is a book, and I'm a knowledge mage. If the Tome can't speak normally, I should be able to talk to it mind-to-mind without much of an issue. Anyway, say the above.

Run to the council chamber "before the council starts."

Consider the affinity I got, but never used to be Binding. In the brief moment before the universe resolves itself, apologize and promise that this will be the last switch.

Just to seal the deal, do something really minor with binding. Maybe try chatting with whatever's keeping the bookshelves together?

Make four knowledge essences.

Viznor attempted apologizing to the tome, first verbally then mentally. The tome, in response, began leaking sand. The sand in question seemed to consider gravity a suggestion at best, floating every which way, but mostly forming clumps. Not feeling like researching what this could mean, Viznor focused his attention instead on the magic binding the library shelves together. He attempted to speak to it, but the binding magic would not listen. Viznor forced more power into the spell, and felt the bindings shift. The magic rippled, and somewhere far away it spat out something.

As Viznor turned around, he noticed that there was a figure right next to him. Seer jumped away by reflex, but the figure did not move, allowing Viznor to get a better look. It was humanoid, wore a gray robe, the hood was on, and face was obscured entirely by darkness. The figure took no action, so Viznor left towards the Council chambers. Strange pictures on the walls chased after the seer, in one of them, the creature Viznor saw was putting books that were left on a table back in shelves. In another, the same creature was collecting floating sand in a large jar. In third, it was holding ladders while it reached up from the top of the ladders to place a book in the top shelf. There was a picture of the creature wawing a hand at Viznor.

Skelliborn:

Heh heh no pain no gain. Ouch I deserved that.

I probably should deal with this now before I bleed to much.

Action:
In this order...
1. Undo the nails on the handle by making the spikes retreat back into the blade.
Mod:
Use: Blade essence +1/+1
2. Use my affinitie's power over blades to create a grass(blades, get it? Also if I can't do this tell me so I can change my action) tourniquet around my swiss cheese hand.
Failing this, find the nearest fabric material to use as a bandage for my hand. Then once, first aid is complete try to get Jame's attention (by peaceful and non-magical means) and offer to trade for his services in the next round.

{You hold the record for most atempted essences in one turn period. If not for castle luck aura, you'd be significantly worse off.}

Skeliborn winced as spikes retracted from his hand, letting lose another gush of blood. The sword was safe to use once again. Without the spikes however, sword slid straight off Skeliborns holey hand and clattered on the floor. An experienced eye would have been able to tell that there was far less blood that there should have been. Skeliborn was not one of those, and he had some more immediate problems.

For one, a strange looking figure, robed, wearing white gloves and with face obscured by shadows, was trying to clean his blood off the floor with a mop. There was a bucket of water nearby, and Skeliborn was momentarily dazed, thinking what the figure was and where it found cleaning supplies. Then, he remembered that he was still bleeding and that it needed to stop. Skeliborn summoned a tourniquet crafted from blades of grass to both hold his hand in place and stem the bleeding. It succeeded in both, and for a moment, blade magus could have sworn that the figure felt satisfaction that he was no longer bleeding on the floor.

The deal was struck. A pact was formed.
What this means is known only to the gods, but the result may change the world forever.

Now that's settled... I think it's about time I start ironing out the bugs on this arm.
Hand over the backpack and the keys to the jet to Marcus. Upgrade my mechanical arm with sensory receptors (but not pain), using 4 +1/+1 essences. Then create 3 more essences.

Jiksap had made a deal. It was a well thought out deal, and it would have benefited him as well as his partner. It had hardly any chance of being not worth it. There was just one problem with it. His trade partner seemed to had entirely forgotten the deal. Marcus walked out without as much as glancing in his direction. It was so absurdly strange. Jiksap soon abandoned the various trains of logic which led nowhere, and returned to his project of enchanting his arm. Complex layer of thin armor covered the mechanized arm, and suddenly, Jiksap could feel it again. It was as good as a meaty one, but with less fuss.

For some reason I cannot see the map because does not load properly on my laptop.
Where am I on the map?

Go north

{Every damn time when I upload to anywhere but Imgur. You are to the left of shipwreck lake, the white circle with yellow center.}

Forric, not wanting to stay near the portal, went north. There was this entire area to map out, and second hand information was worse than useless. He passed through a forest of peach trees, likely artificial, and a blooming tree house, certainly artificial. There was a lake full of shipwreck which Forric walked around, and there was a forest of black trees on the other side of the lake from where Forric now stood.

"If you claim to be Marcus, then you claim his debts as well. Do not waste our time or your breath quoting any laws you think have any merit. The only rules that apply here are the ones we decide upon."

I'mma talk to the fortress in secret. Gonna add Fortress Whisperer to my resumé, right after Hair Stylist and Fortress Maker.
"The debt is owed by Marcus, and it is owed by any laying claim to his identity. But since you seem to have already made your choice, and had the audacity to threaten me in my own home, you are no longer welcome in it."
"You shall rue the day you said that. Very well, I shall leave."

Leave.

Marcus, after managing to anger most mages that had gathered for the council, left the chamber. His movement was only hastened by aether shifting beneath him, moving forward and draging the necromancer on it. Soon, he was out of the tower and then out of the fortress.

"Aeech! Ack. 'Ot. 'Ot, ow. Bad chair. Bad.

Anyway, Ya'll can call me Gambler, an' I'm a luck mage."

Apply burn cream, talk, make 3 essences.

Gambler introduced himself and then introduced burn cream to his wounds. This was more of an emotional response rather than logical, as Gambler saw some of his light burns heal before he got to them. Those were pretty light wounds, and between towers healing aura and his new ring of regeneration, he healed faster than even most trolls.

I make 3 essences before pulling up an absent chair and sit down with the other mage's

Nihilum chose a chair and got comfortable. Arguments were heating up, there was even some shouting going on. There was a severe lack of popcorn, but there was plenty of entertainment to go around. A mage got banished from the castle, and this was merely the beginning of the council.

"..."

Two force essences.

Crimson was watching the ensuing argument and becoming less and less amused by the second. Parts of the discussion were absurd, and some were outright impossible. The whole council was turning into a farce, but with Marcus gone, possibly they would be able to return to a topic of importance.

"A key amidst the dunes? The sands hide their secrets well."

Pick up the bronze disc, carefully brush off any sand and examine it carefully. Tie it around my neck for safekeeping.
Proceed to do a PM'ed thing and make two essences.

Despite Xom's initial assumption, the desert was surprisingly orderly. It was the oasis that stood out from the usual surroundings. Xom went to the oasis to investigate and was greeted with a strange sight - there was a small, maybe three meters tall pyramid in the middle of oasis. the top of the pyramid was missing, and from it water was pouring out. There were a few healthy looking trees, patches of overgrown grass and nothing else. But Xom knew there was something very unusual here, making this all worth investigating.

"Hm... Yeah, sorry, I'll return to our discussion in a moment. Hopefully, you'll finish throwing out rebellious mages by then."

Weave an intricate spell that animates my blood and gives me control over the temperature of my body! ((Two spells: blood animation & temperature mobile(?). All essences.))

Kahel was looking at what was happening to the discussions and did not like too much where this was going. One mage was banished, another was causing trouble. It seemed like there were some very good reasons to add a bit of extra protection. Some backup plans. Magic spread through Kahel's body, rushing the blood and heating the flesh. Once the spell subsided, Kahel was suddenly far more conscious about what his body was made of and far more capable of ruling over it.

CRAFT 3 ESSENCES.

Bob was also firmly in the camp of seeing where this whole thing was going. Things were moving towards "interesting" end of the spectrum, and as any smart man knew, interesting was synonymous with dangerous. The castle should protect them, but that was not a guarantee.

4 essences.

Ilium was watching over the council with glee. There was so much conflict, so many possibilities. This was a great chance, or rather, it showed that there would be many in the near future. He just needed to look for them and use them.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:23:26 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 124 The first exile
« Reply #3340 on: October 22, 2015, 03:41:18 pm »

...that's quite the foul odor. Feh. Keep moving and creating essences.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: October 22, 2015, 03:52:25 pm »

4 more essences.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:58:59 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: October 22, 2015, 05:07:39 pm »

((I think you forgot my ring of +1 luck and the fortress' aura.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: October 22, 2015, 05:14:16 pm »

((Are we all in the same room, and if not how many people besides me are in the council chamber?))

"Well is there anything else to disuss, I personally don't have too many problems that need fixing.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: October 22, 2015, 05:41:06 pm »

"Hmm. If a plant can think or talk, like my treehouse or the treants, then they have the same rights as any person. Otherwise we should try not to destroy any forests, but chopping firewood or picking fruit is fine."

"I don't have much else to discuss. If anyone can significantly strengthen this fancy chunk of glass I'll give them a shard."

Heal up Skeliborn's hand.
Forge 5 4 summoning essences. That's the maximum safe number right now.

Try again to turn the omnicube into a strength enhancing powered armguard. Hopefully it doesn't explode this time since I have a +2 luck bonus.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:51:04 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 506