Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181354 times)

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 125 I have waited so long for this to happen.
« Reply #3540 on: November 01, 2015, 06:07:16 pm »

Meanwhile, half an island away from all the chaos and murder...

(A trap? Hah. Hah. AHAHAHAHA.)
Dive into the pyramid.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: November 01, 2015, 07:05:37 pm »

Dive into the pyramid.
((I hope u get a good luck Roll. Pyramids can be dangerous and are often filled with evil mummies and other creatures. Then again they also hold good loot if you can avoid the traps))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: November 01, 2015, 10:02:27 pm »

The acid effects to those that did not wrote a turn are such:

_Shinju_/Nihilum
You suddenly find yourself into a different room from before. There are no mages around, and only thing in the room is a chair on which you are currently sitting. Symbol of Isha appears before you, and you know that someone just tried a surprise death party on you. There is a door leading outside, and it is open.

i go through the door and see where it leads

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: November 02, 2015, 03:47:01 am »

(This acid is starting to burning me. Let's do some golden work...)

Am i holding the scepter? If so, throw it from me, slowly.
Form a golden wall in front of me, floating. Charge it with electricity after that, fix the gold wall with the help of heat.
If the wall didn't form/too small, charge myself instead.
Both spells All non-chaotic electric essences.

Just in case you forgot my action/didn't see it at all, DG.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: November 02, 2015, 08:56:30 pm »

((So since you haven't posted the next update DG should I assume that u decided to put some extra time into studying or something like that.))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:08:37 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: November 02, 2015, 09:41:27 pm »

((Most likely. Or maybe he just got distracted. It happens. Patience, young padawan.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: November 03, 2015, 09:05:29 am »

((Well, the second next turn should start sunday, no?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: November 04, 2015, 06:39:44 am »

((I find that 42 is a good answer to all my questions, try it for yours))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: November 04, 2015, 03:49:10 pm »

((If 42 fails, D-Dos Douglas Adams until he learns to multiply correctly))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: November 04, 2015, 03:51:25 pm »

((Guys DG is on the char sheet and my character was updated. This means update coming soon hopefully. Hail the DG))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: November 04, 2015, 04:24:17 pm »

Turn 126

Jiksap realizes that this is a very bad situation. His skin is tingling - an indicator of acid, which is very familiar to him after several failed experiments involving car batteries and dead body parts. Fortunately he is resistant to it and can hold his breath long enough to save himself and - more importantly - his creations.

Using all essences, summon a Quantum Storage Tank. It is capable of sucking in large amounts of a single liquid very quickly, and stores the liquid in an extremely compressed space. It is also acid-resistant. Then use the tank to suck up all the acid.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jiksap was worried. There were so many things he had that acid would be able to damage. He swiftly called forth a quantum box to store the acid, yet he was in for a surprise. The tank he had summoned di nothing. No matter how much Jiksap bashed or prodded the device, nothing happened. Then suddenly, acid vanished altogether, leaving behind some magical residue impairing sight. Jiksap climbed on the table and raised the box above the residue to clearly see what was wrong. The box beeped, and opened, spilling its contents out. Jiksap threw the box away and jumped off the table in one swift motion, as the problem became apparent. The box had been already full.

The Gambler's voice grows cold as steel, and he drops his accent.
"I may tend toward peace, but I do have a limit, as it turns out. And, funnily enough, it turns out, that limit does not include attempting to kill me and the other mages. May your death come slow and painful and may the Lady smite you.
Others, I have little ability to clear the acid, so I shall clear the acid-maker instead. I leave you all to do the former, unless someone wishes to join me."

Firstly, he begins to move toward the door (taking his chair with him, of course, if he can).

Secondly, he casts a spell to destroy all of Dwens' -it is fairly obvious that this is his doing after all, considering his conduct- luck, to the point that his body will spontaneously begin to fail and his surroundings begin to kill him. All essences, and sacrifice my [luck bonus when casting] to aid in this spell.((As in, my +1 to luck when casting enchant, not all my luck bonuses))

Thirdly, clear the luck field around Dwen.

Fourthly, he enchants his hands to take the luck of those they touch.

Lastly, break down the solid acid wall. If the chair happens to help me, thank it and use what it gives me.

Gambler knew exactly who to blame and how to express his dissatisfaction. Dwen was due in for some very troublesome circumstances after the curse reaches him. That taken care of, Gambler decided to do something about a secondary problem, namely being in a room full of acid with a shield that would last for unknown amount of time. He stood up, took the runic orb in one hand, grabbed the chair with the other and walked off to where door was supposed to be. Acid parted before him, revealing a solid amber colored crystal blocking the way out. This too had a simple solution, as gambler tested the substance and found that it did not share acidic properties of the liquid around him. Few solid punches resulted in several cracks, although no holes...

Quote from: Crimson
Stuff

...Then Gambler jumped aside as a spear of something appeared from somewhere above his shoulder and struck the block, shattering it to pieces and sending the pieces flying outwards. Unobstructed, liquid began rapidly flowing outside. Crimson moved his spear back into neutral position and stepped outside, his eyes searching for Dwen.

PM.

There was a simple way to deal with unknown danger of whatever was surrounding Ilium, and that was to render it harmless. If it was such in the first place, he'd lose nothing but a bit of time. Liquid around him shifted, as it changed, suddenly becoming nothing but an image. Also sound and motion, but it was now immaterial, and entirely harmless. Ilium took a joyous breath as itching of his skin subsided.

METAL AMULET OF PROTECTION! 6 ESSENCES! WEAR IT!

The liquid around Flare began shifting and moving, seemingly intent to drag the mage down. Through great pain, feromancer managed to conjure an amulet to protect him from harm, and clutched it in his hand. The pain began subsiding, but the burning in his lungs was not too promising. Suddenly, Flare coughed out some half a liter of blood and acid, and took a precious breath of what was mysteriously air. It was mysterious because it still looked like acid and sounded like liquid.

swim at full speed towards the wall, trying to break it

Edit:pretty sure I summoned some birds for the garden,if so also do this:
try to(mental command if possible) get the birds in the garden to find Dwen and peck him to death

Mentally control my raptors, directing them to the door and having them attempt to take the door off its hinges.

Seva, swam towards where he knew the exit was, but he noticed a few strange things. There was a current downwards, but that was not too terrible. Then a new current appeared, flowing towards where he wanted to go, making the way easier. Then, liquid around him suddenly disappeared, and he fell hard on the floor. For some reason, while the acid still appeared to be there, and flowing through the floor which suddenly had turned into a grate, even with all appropriate sounds, the acid was entirely ethereal. Seva gave up on swimming and just called the birds from the garden below to deal with brewmaster outside. Raptors get outside the council chambers and begin trying to take the doors off.

The line to murder Dwen forms behind Jase.
Shias the druid
"DEFILER!"

ACTIVATE PROCEDURE "GOOD NIGHT"!
Infuse the vine cocoon into my flesh and become Kurzick Juggernaut (those things are about twice the size of human). Using essences: 11 +1/+1, 1 +1POT, 2 +1CMP, 2 +1/+2. My staff is not to be incorporated into this superiour form.

If the barrier at chamber door is still intact, break it.
If the barrier is broken, break Dwen instead. Or hug him really hard.

Just like all others who somehow were swimming, Shias protective shell began going down along with the acid level. But when acid suddenly turned ethereal, instead of a ball falling down, a figure of interconnected wood crashed into the floor. Shias walked through the doorway, moving around Crimson and Gambler, and was the first to get outside and have a go at expressing the distaste of Dwens actions with physical force. Kruzick Juggrenaut that Shias now was struck out at Dwen with mighty arms, but shield around brewmaster managed to hold, for a moment, before breaking apart and dissipating into nothingness.

(Juggrenaut transformation,+3STR, +3END)

The line to murder Dwen forms behind Jase.

I will do three things this turn in this order.
1. Cast a spell to fortify the block, hopefully using a modifier to make this action occur quicker than usual.

2. Pray to the God of alcohol and acid asking for a boon, I think me dropping a bunch of acidic alcohol on mages qualifies me for this, (luck aura will help me)

3. Cast a spell using the new boon to turn the acidic alcohol anti magical and allow the anti-hostile stuff to affect the inside of the council chamber.

Also create 3 essences.

Dwen lingered between two choices, but decided on staying. If the block failed, he'd have several mages wanting to kill him, and lose on any possible rewards. That was the worst scenario, and it had to be avoided. Dwen enforced solidity over alcohol once more and leaking stopped, the solid alcohol becoming crystalline and gaining a bit of sheen from the might of the spell. Unbeknown to brewmaster, this new solid was even weaker against acidic properties, but its thickness would hold for now. And Dwen had other problems.

Walls around brewmaster lost their liquid appearance, becoming just as solid and crystalline as the alcohol in the doorway. A shell of forcefields appeared around brewmaster, containing him and preventing escape. Wall that separated council room and corridor momentarily regained its flowing appearance, and bulged out. Flow of aether collected itself into a large ball, which then cracked, and a pair of wings unfolded to reveal a humanoid figure inside. It looked like an angel from ancient books of forgotten gods. Its right hand was wreathed in shadows, likely coming from the dark sword it held. It was Jase, and he was pissed. It raised its left hand and a wave of pain washed over Dwen. For some strange reason, healing aura seemed to do nothing to soothe it.

Just as the pain stopped increasing, the block of the main door cracked, and then shattered, letting lose a veritable flood of acid. With the flood of acid from the room rushed a strange looking treant, it was much leaner and faster than any other treant, and it was very angry. It charged brewmaster and Dwen was suddenly feeling slight gratitude for the force field that was trapping him. The force field shattered from impact of the plant thing, but the blow was stopped and Dwen was now free. Despite all this, Dwen felt some sort of doom over himself, and it was somehow separate from two very lethal looking creatures in front of him.

{Jase, Aether elemental, 1 turn remaining (Will end after the next turn)}
{Dwen, Doomed, 3 turns remaining, roll LUCK with -3 penalty each turn for random events.}

"Victory! Victory I say! VICTORY!"

Old King Coal makes 3 bone essences to celebrate his looting.

Old king coal Celebrated with a ceremonial dance atop the defeated enemy corpse. It was certainly one of the many ways to ensure that the killed creature does not rise as an undead fiend and gave no pleasure for King Coal, or so he claimed when asked. The dance finished, Old king mentally noted the event as #997th foiled assassination attempt. Only three more until a whole thousand.

I can survive indefinitely here? In that case, when the barrier disintegrates, drag whoever's in worst shape out of the room. Probably starting with Jase.

If I get a chance, use my claws to slice open Dwen's jugular.

Viznor formed a plan, but before he could put it in action, he again heard the voice of Biomatrix. "You will not die here, but movement is both unadvisable and impossible. The acid is being drained, we would wait until the repairs are complete." Just as it finished speaking, Viznor felt a momentary lack of support and then an impact against something that seemed to be bars of some sort. "Acid has been neutralized in some method. Your nervous system will soon be resumed."

(This acid is starting to burning me. Let's do some golden work...)

Am i holding the scepter? If so, throw it from me, slowly.
Form a golden wall in front of me, floating. Charge it with electricity after that, fix the gold wall with the help of heat.
If the wall didn't form/too small, charge myself instead.
Both spells All non-chaotic electric essences.

Eterna had his own method of escaping the acid, not particularly trusting the other mages to deal with it; he called forth a shell of gold. It spread outwards, pushing away the acid, but soon it spread too thin and numerous holes appeared. This plan failed, Eterna moved onto plan B, that was, to electrify himself and push the acid away that way. Miraculously, he managed to force magic to bend physics enough for that to not be lethal, although his hair would never be the same. Yet the loss of style proved to be unnecessary, as acid soon turned incorporeal.
{Static field, 3 turns}

(I might be fine by myself, but what about other mages? Dying at the council chamber seems a wasted life and purpose... Right. I only need to control some liquid... And phase it out of reality.))

I control a large amount of liquid and phase it out of reality. And then... Save. My. Staff! All essences. Massive, ethereal.

Kahel was panicking. He would heal, but several of his items were far too important to be lost. Huge amount of acid around Kahel shifted to a nearby dimension, and surprisingly, acid around him did not immediately fill the hole. In fact, the acid was gone. And then Kahel fell on the floor. Too worried about the scepter to care about the pain Kahel held the precious artifact up above ethereal fog. To his great relief, it was entirely unharmed.

MORE EXPLORING
I WILL FIND AN OPPONENT, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!
Also make more essence.

[/color][/spoiler]

Alexander was now running through the forest. He was chasing something. He did not know what, but he was chasing it. It figured that it would take something tough to scare away anything large enough to do battle with him. It would make sense that such being would run from him, or he would have met it by now. Alexander did not know if it was even there, but he was chasing it.

Cast mass heal. All non-chaos essences. Have it be a multi-turn mass heal if the spell's powerful enough.
Swim up and regain my sight and bearings. Transform the omnicube into a mining drill and drill through the wall.
None of this counts as attacking so make 2 essences.

Grundar: protect James.

James felt that his skills would be best used mitigating the damage from the acid. There were plenty of other selfish mages here, and at least one of them was guaranteed to do something about the acid. So James collected his power and cast a silent version of mass heal. It was weaker than the version which involved chanting, but anything that avoided him getting a mouthful of acid worked now. As magic spread, James swam upwards, and noticed that acid was greatly reduced in volume, and ceiling was full of holes through which air was flowing in. Then suddenly, part of acid flat out disappeared, while the rest suddenly became gaseous. After James recovered from falling down he discovered that it was not even gas, the acid became ethereal. As Healer stood up, from the mist of acid emerged a familiar face - Grundar had arrived.

i make the acidic alcohol absencent and pray to Isis for help

Nihilum threw a spell of absence upwards towards where council chambers were and offered a prayer of gratitude to Isis. He then asked for guidance. Symbol of Isis appeared over the doorway to outside. It would seem that there may still be some who need help.

Skelliborn
Action: enchant Vortex  Bane so that it constantly absorbs all alcohol and acid within a 7 meter range.(the absorbed acid-alcohol is then used to power up the blade
Use all non-chaotic essences.
Mod specific -1

After this is done walk around the room trying to rescue survivors.

Skeliborn empowered his blade to drain alcohol and acid from the surroundings. This proves to be a rather poor idea, as acid is drawn towards the sword at great speed. But just as Skeliborn covers his eyes to protect at least his sight, he felt magic wash over him, healing his wounds. Acid was still moving towards his blade but it was now entirely untouchable, nonexistent, ethereal. With a sigh, Skeliborn relaxed for the moment.

Dive into the pyramid.

Xom dived fearlessly into the water within the pyramid. It was fairly bright inside; it seemed that there was some sort of magic that redirected light from the open top of the pyramid inside. Xom noticed that the pyramid extended a bit further down than what he saw from the outside, but was not all that large, only a meter or so greater than what he thought. Which was just as well, as at the very bottom of the pyramid, within the light redirected from above, laid a chest which had a lock that seemed lacking a round bronze piece. Seeing his prize, Xom dived deeper, but then something lashed out at him from shadows near the walls. A vine grabbed onto Xom's hand and pulled him in. Several skeletons smiled at Xom from among the vines as several more reached out towards Xom.

From the portal a new mage emerged, known asCuberac Lebuticus. Many schools of magic start off with basic shapes, such as orbs or cubes. Cuberac was known for fascination with these objects, and his great skill when it came to mastering the basics. Few mages could cast magic from other schools that their focus, Cuberac had no such restrictions. He knew basics of all magic, and as few unlucky ones found out, leaving a smaller crater does not make you any less dead.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:09:37 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 126 And the winner of "Most doomed" award is...
« Reply #3551 on: November 04, 2015, 04:28:04 pm »

Keep chasing... whatever this thing was.
If it was an opponent, then it was something he would find, one way or another.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: November 04, 2015, 04:29:27 pm »

The hardest part was deciding exact timeline of what was happening. So many people wanted to either delete acid or murderize Dwen, it was hard to chose who would go first.

I thought about geting an update on monday, but I didin't have enough time and decided to do a wenesday update and immedietly return to schedule days.

Also, so many mages doing so much. Sadly, I keep rolling a "Not happens" on the global event roll, or the main portal would be spitting out chrysalids.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: November 04, 2015, 04:44:47 pm »

((Oh well I guess it was doomed from the start was fun while it happened though.))

Run Run Run Run away from the angry mages making 3 essences while moving
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: November 04, 2015, 04:48:09 pm »

order my velociraptors to run around Dwen and cut off his escape
fly at him, using all limbs(including my wings) to beat him to death
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 506