Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1176740 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #360 on: August 07, 2014, 05:03:59 pm »

If the Naga dies, steal her soul and use its power to Respawn with stone affinity.

((Stone is like dead trees, right?))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:40:42 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 07, 2014, 05:18:57 pm »

If the Naga dies, steal her soul and use its power to Respawn with stone affinity.

And if she lives within a very wide definition of "Lives"? Respawn with Mountain?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #362 on: August 07, 2014, 05:20:34 pm »

If she lives, I'll use life magic as a new character.
Who I'll make next turn.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 07, 2014, 05:42:09 pm »

make the trace amounts of sulfur dioxide in the air react with oxygen (2SO2 + O2 -> 2SO3), which will rapidly react with airborne water droplets to form sulfuric acid (SO3 + H2O -> H2SO4), which I will collect in another vial.
now, anyone know how to easily produce benzene?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2014, 08:31:04 am »

(Cold storage)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:48:24 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 08, 2014, 08:41:36 am »

((You realy should wait until you know wether or not you are dead :p. Then again, Whaz is armed with a sword and death, while you are trying to make him halucinate. Do ye not put yer faith in the glorious RNGesus?))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 08, 2014, 08:46:07 am »

((Salsacookies, you have a solid chance of survival. Or killing yourself with an ill-casted spell, of course. My chances are quite slimmier - I need to perfectly kill you on the first try.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 08, 2014, 08:47:21 am »

(NOPE! THE RNG DO NOT FAVOR ME! Also, I do like the idea, so i'll put him in cold storage)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 08, 2014, 06:52:11 pm »

Turn 18

"Seeya David, bye Grundar, take care Rohan. I'm going to explore the shipwreck."
summon a paddle, then summon a lifejacket.
Head to the the box/boat, search the beach one last time.

CMP[2]
POT[5+1+1=7]
LUCK[9]
CMP[6-1=5]
POT[2+1+1-1=3]
LUCK[5]

Desire to explore takes over James and he sets out to prepeare for some treasure hunting. The magic does not seem wiling to cooperate today though. Atempt to summon a padle resulted in a cloud of sawdust, while the lifejacket was small enough to comfortably fit a six year old child and made of wood. On the plus side, Gondar now won't need to harm trees for firewood.

Fiddle with it.

LUCK [7]

Davidd, flinged one of the swiches carpeting the surface of glass cube, and the construct whired into motion. Various pieces began moving, rearanging themselves. When motion stoped, instead of a glass cube there was a crossbreed betwen a crossbow and a balista, made entirely of glass and armed with a glass arow. Several swiches were positioned on sides of this implement.

-snip-

"By the power granted to me by the Lord of Death, I command thee: FEEL HIS PRESENCE!"

Using death surrounding this entire place, I bestow the darkest of presences onto the fool: the soulcrushing fear of death, freezing him in one place or killing outright [All my remaining shards on POT]. Then, I promptly finish him with my sword so that terror would not stay unfounded. If successful, all his shards would serve as a fuel to save Mezala.

"It seems that today, I shall know all that is the nightmare of death... of which knowledge you should know of too... I will now show you.

Use all shards on POT to plunge him into the nightmare of death

SPD [5+1=6]
CMP [4+1=5]
POT [1+2=3]
STR [6]
LUCK [1]

SPD [2-1=1]
DEX [3]

With a spell for a battlecry Whaz charged forth at Mr. Sandman. Shadows of skulls flew aroundd Mr. Sandman distracting him just long enough for Whaz to close in. With a blow of incredible strenghth, Shadow mage cleaved off dream mages left hand, cut through chest to the heart and got blade hoplesly stuck in spine bones. Mr. Sandman was died before managing to utter a single word.

Not even bothering to remove the sword, Whaz snached shards from now dead mage and crushed all of them in hopes that improvement would save Mezala from death. Alas, the power chose to improve her physical form in way of increased muscle mass, which merely made her last moments slightly more painfull.

"There's a cave nearby."

Approach the mouth of the cave and look inside.
"You find anything interesting, Crimson?"

If Crimson tells me about the cave, Aether sense its interior for any magical objects, with the help of my aether essence.

If he doesn't tell me about the cave, create another aether essence.

CMP [3]
POT [4+1=5]

LUCK [3]

Jase focused on aether that permanated the cave, though aside the fact that it contained a few small lifeforms, his spell failed to find out anything usefull. Crimson took a peek inside, and discovered that the small lifeforms were bats, as one of them got scared and while flying around franticly slaped in mages face. Though failing to do any significant damage, it left a few scraches.

make the trace amounts of sulfur dioxide in the air react with oxygen (2SO2 + O2 -> 2SO3), which will rapidly react with airborne water droplets to form sulfuric acid (SO3 + H2O -> H2SO4), which I will collect in another vial.
now, anyone know how to easily produce benzene?

CMP [1]
POT [2]

The problem with expermentation is that it usualy results in mostly failures. Rohan discovered it as instead of sulfuric acid in a bottle he conjured a particularly eggy fart in his face.
From within the portal at the center of floating island Isaac the snonemancer steped out. Looking as tough as the stone he wielded, he was more than ready to build a mausoleum for each and every one of his oponents.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You were right Salsacoockies, though I am convinced that it was caused by your negativity.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:43:14 am by DreamerGhost »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 18
« Reply #369 on: August 08, 2014, 06:58:31 pm »

"Damn. I bet this could be worth fifteen shards easy. A bit dangerous to sell though. Thoughts?"

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2014, 07:15:48 pm »

((Damn. Whaz is surely a potent killer. But it seems someone stole his luck today... Rest in peace, Mezala. I will kill someone in your memory.

Also, it seems to be worthy of note that self-kills and prolonged deaths from aftereffects posed by an already dead mage provide no soul shards (might be not true in the latter case - Mezala being my trusty minion would work against receiving shards).))

"Well... Damn. I was unsuccessful after all."

Bald mage growled and walked to remove sword from the corpse - only to remember that he still had five unstuck ones. Quite a deadly fortune. But unattuned to his wishes. Perhaps, good old waraxe-maul could be improved after all?

Once again gathering the emanations of death - even more intense this time - I grant the shadowaxe a new purpose - to implant death into the very being of creatures it hits. Secondly, I use my shadowmastery to get an actual edge on it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:18:49 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 08, 2014, 07:29:48 pm »

((No essence boost?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 08, 2014, 07:33:12 pm »

((It's a consumable, one time item. You did not write that you want to use it))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 08, 2014, 07:42:32 pm »

with the help of my aether essence.

Thought that made it clear I wanted to use it. My bad.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #374 on: August 08, 2014, 07:46:14 pm »

So, did Issac respawn?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:48:04 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 506