Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183491 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 129 The last trick
« Reply #3750 on: November 17, 2015, 10:25:53 am »

Spoiler: Gloomy Wizard (click to show/hide)
Wanna join F.E.C.E.S.?

Alerim leaped backwards, his job done, Marcus now headless.
((As a matter of fact, you were in fact decapitated the first time.))
((So. Care to found E.V.I.L for a league of your future character, Blake, and Old King Coal? (Evil Villains in League)))
I think I will. How about the Forces of Evil and Chaos Elite Squad (F.E.C.E.S., for short)?
((You know why not, no one will take use seriously until we are marching down their door.))
((And perhaps we should take our Evil out of character planning to the PMs.))
((Or use crypto.))

((Also:))
New Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will win, or destroy this game trying.
((I suggest changing that affinity to Gases affinity, being more versatile and able to do pretty much all the same things Air can do with a -1.))
However, Air is easier to get decent (i.e. not Gaseous Form) flight with, as it covers a general concept (an element), and thus can get more abstract things (like a boost to Speed, for example).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: November 17, 2015, 10:47:36 am »

Wanna join F.E.C.E.S.?
No. I have plans for Gloomy Wizard, and they do not involve being comically evil—just comically sad.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: November 17, 2015, 11:38:32 am »

Wanna join F.E.C.E.S.?
No. I have plans for Gloomy Wizard, and they do not involve being comically evil—just comically sad.
Ah. 'Tis a shame; we could have used someone like you.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: November 17, 2015, 05:08:29 pm »

((Look what I found!!!))

http://www.blade-electronics.com/

((I assume this gives me some control over hardware/software))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: November 17, 2015, 05:17:35 pm »

((Pretty sure affinities are more about a concept than just a word. I highly doubt you can control electronics with a blade affinity. Despite being called Blade brand, they are not a blade and have nothing to do with blades.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: November 17, 2015, 05:20:21 pm »

((But I can control blades of grass. Which are just leaves if you think of it so to a certain extent there may be a president in place. Of course, I'll wait for DG's ruling before trying anything on this line of thought.))
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:27:10 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: November 17, 2015, 05:35:59 pm »

((I think you mean 'precedent'. I don't think presidents, past or present, have anything to do with your ability to control blades, and variations thereof :P))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: November 17, 2015, 05:44:30 pm »

((Grass has leaves shaped like blades. Blades of grass. And some, like sawgrass, is actually very sharp.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: November 17, 2015, 05:45:23 pm »

((But I can control blades of grass. Which are just leaves if you think of it so to a certain extent there may be a president in place. Of course, I'll wait for DG's ruling before trying anything on this line of thought.))

((Grass stems are called "blades" for a reason. Specifically, they resemble more traditional blades. Just saying something is a "blade" doesn't actually make it so, especially in the absence of any real relationship or evidence. By that logic, I could just call weapons "knowledge" and begin summoning heavy artillery.))

((That said, you could definitely make a blade act like electronics. Or anything else, for that matter.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: November 17, 2015, 05:55:37 pm »

((Grass stems are called "blades" for a reason. Specifically, they resemble more traditional blades. Just saying something is a "blade" doesn't actually make it so, especially in the absence of any real relationship or evidence. By that logic, I could just call weapons "knowledge" and begin summoning heavy artillery.))

((That said, you could definitely make a blade act like electronics. Or anything else, for that matter.))
Well, you could step from Knowledge to Power...

If you get shot down (Star2Wars3), you could sacrifice Marcus' s shards to the Manipulator for the Orb of Many Paths, which would allow you to do that. There's a reason I spent several turns questing for it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: November 17, 2015, 05:56:38 pm »

((Being a bit more serious, if we were to actually use this logic, there'd be no point to the affinity system because, if worded in a specific way, any affinity could probably be used to do anything, if not quite as well as an affinity dedicated to the same thing.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: November 17, 2015, 07:30:34 pm »

((Being a bit more serious, if we were to actually use this logic, there'd be no point to the affinity system because, if worded in a specific way, any affinity could probably be used to do anything, if not quite as well as an affinity dedicated to the same thing.))
Which is why the orb is totally worth 5 shards (shameless self-advertising)!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: November 17, 2015, 07:36:19 pm »

((There is no confirmation that giving away your shards would actually net someone the orb.))

((Also, I hate to be a wet blanket, but DG has made it pretty clear that dead characters can't get better. Even necromancy can only really save someone on the brink of death. (or create a sapient minion, but since their soul has been turned into shards, I suspect that they're NPCs.)))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: November 17, 2015, 08:51:15 pm »

((Yes you are correct. The f you know how to use an affinity, you can do anything with it. For example, I could create a blade which summons item X given enough ESSENCES and shards. Personally, I want to create a scabbard that summons a random blade every turn within it sort of like The Gamblers chair))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: November 17, 2015, 09:27:28 pm »

((There is no confirmation that giving away your shards would actually net someone the orb.))

((Also, I hate to be a wet blanket, but DG has made it pretty clear that dead characters can't get better. Even necromancy can only really save someone on the brink of death. (or create a sapient minion, but since their soul has been turned into shards, I suspect that they're NPCs.)))
Yeah, I know. I just want to have him as an option for later (perhaps in other games!).
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 506