Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183396 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 130 Happenings all around.
« Reply #3780 on: November 19, 2015, 06:43:51 pm »

"Aha! Then- of course! LOOT!"

To summarize what Old King Coal was thinking- if the looting creature looted that stuff, it might be digging to better loot- or it might have a lair or something with even more loot!

Old King Coal sprints down the tunnel, making 3 bone essences as he goes.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: November 19, 2015, 07:07:34 pm »

Yelping in surprise, the Gambler leaps backwards. He grabs the items the chair dispensed and marks the back of the chair with the symbol of luck. He didn't place any magical power into the rune, but it should serve as a warning to anybody thinking of sitting on it.
He proceeds to summon an opaque glass box with a lid and makes a pair of luck essences.

"'E should set out soon."
If James and/or Skelliborn leave, follow.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:20:04 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: November 19, 2015, 07:09:42 pm »

Dorm internet was down for maintenance for three hours. On thursday evening of all times. Oh well. Stuff is happening though. And with return of one dead player and joining of one new player the ammount of charsheets goes over 25. Please enjoy celebratory meteor impacts.

Elephant parade, any particular reason why you did not just copy the charsheet off the first post? That "Agility" struck me as kinda odd, I changed it to speed.
I opened a new reply before reading the OP. Sorry for the bother!

Gloomy Wizard affixes himself with a Death Curse: a curse that, when Gloomy dies, transfers his curse of frailty to the killer.

Also, move east, away from where the meteor is going to land.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:54:59 pm by Elephant Parade »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: November 19, 2015, 07:23:57 pm »

((Did anyone else notice that of 2 the meteors are in the path the expedition will probably need to take to get to the portal))
Well now seems as good a time as ever to start, (especially since the auras seem to be down at the moment) Also, I'd like to try a few small magic experiments on the road involving a system I'd like to create which I call S.A.F.E. The idea is to create magical objects with a standardized magic plug in which standardized magic items can be inserted to give the main system additional abilities and change its properties. For example if I were to have a sword with one of these magic plugs, I could insert a magic item of protection to cause a shield of protection to form around me, most likely made out of energy. The idea of the SAFE system is for a standardized way for mages to temporarily add abilities onto their magical items without risk of permanently altering their item in an unwanted way, something which would work without fail as all magic items that would be inserted into the magic plug would need to be premade. The one exception would be if you inserted a soul shard, as those work in mysterious and uncomprehendable ways.
Skelliborn
Action:
Create a SAFE system magic plug on the pommel of Vortex Bane ((I'm merely manipulating my blades properties here so I should be able to do this))
Mod -1 specific
Using:
1 Blade essences +1CMP

Create a swiss army knife with an enchant with a protection enchant and insert into the Magic plug if that succeeded.
Mod -1 Solid
Mod -1 Specific
Using:
Blade essence +1/+1
1 Blade essences +1CMP
Blade essence +1POT

Once all of this is done/has failed, assuming that no one has sustained any major injuries from my actions start head outside of the castle towards the southwest direction (basically the same way as the portal)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:28:37 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: November 19, 2015, 07:25:46 pm »

Please enjoy celebratory meteor impacts.

I may very well sig this.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: November 19, 2015, 07:29:56 pm »

((Do It!!!! There are no better quotes than that of a (possibly) murder happy GM)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: November 19, 2015, 07:33:45 pm »

(Please give a shard each from James to Gambler, Crimson, and Skelliborn. I edited my action to include this but after you had already started writing so my bad.)

"Well that was an eventful first council meeting. I'm going back to my shop, got a something to do before we leave."

Go back to the shop. Greet the tree.
"Hi, how ya doing? You know, after the way that council went I think you're right about mages."
Sit against the tree. Brew 4 essences and try again to armguardify the omnicube. Hopefully my luck bonuses actually happen this time?
"If you want I can change your form back to a natural tree."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: November 19, 2015, 08:08:37 pm »

((Do It!!!! There are no better quotes than that of a (possibly) murder happy GM)

((Indeed, I am no longer sigless.))

Leave the fortress. Try and go in a direction which will distance me from giant hunks of rock.

Use a research spell on the aforementioned projectiles. (Please PM me the info, as per usual.)

As I walk, set my new battery to draining magic from one of my +1 CMP chaotic essences. Observe the results.

Two knowledge essences, assuming I have time.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: November 19, 2015, 08:16:12 pm »

Walk to the hill bed on the edge of the map that is next to me
Make 3 essences

I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: November 19, 2015, 08:21:26 pm »

((I think the Google sheet needs to be updated with the past couple turns, I'm pretty sure I have more essences then what is said there.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: November 19, 2015, 08:55:10 pm »

i use 4 more essences to remove the absence from glasses that allow me to see ripples/paths of aether and pray again to see if there is anything i can do or to give me a sign i also put on my new cloak
((allowing me to see where its flowing and how much of it is going there....i hope i can do all of this successfully ))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:58:02 pm by _Shinju_ »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: November 19, 2015, 09:01:48 pm »

(Please give a shard each from James to Gambler, Crimson, and Skelliborn. I edited my action to include this but after you had already started writing so my bad.)

"Well that was an eventful first council meeting. I'm going back to my shop, got a something to do before we leave."

"Hi, how ya doing? You know, after the way that council went I think you're right about mages."
Sit against the tree. Brew 4 essences and try again to armguardify the omnicube. Hopefully my luck bonuses actually happen this time?
Thank you. I will scout out the area ahead of the rest of the expedition. I may set up a base camp near the eldritch portal so if you see a blade like building in that vacinity, that will most likely be my doing.

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: November 19, 2015, 09:09:21 pm »

Thank you. I will scout out the area ahead of the rest of the expedition. I may set up a base camp near the eldritch portal so if you see a blade like building in that vacinity, that will most likely be my doing.

I would like to join you after i get my specks, is this OK?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: November 19, 2015, 09:33:56 pm »

"I would like to focus on my own experiments, for the time being. However, if those of you traveling to the salt fields would like some small piece of divination done, I would be happy to assist you."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: November 19, 2015, 11:03:17 pm »

Cuberac looks around the area, and enters any rooms he finds. He also makes 2 essences.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 506