Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181848 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 18
« Reply #390 on: August 10, 2014, 02:47:31 pm »

( Thanks, I will only use diseases which actually exist, like the guy with the chemical reactions. I'll post a url on the diseases so you know they're real :) )
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 11, 2014, 10:43:20 am »

same thing I did last turn.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 11, 2014, 07:03:03 pm »

Turn 19

Once again gathering the emanations of death - even more intense this time - I grant the shadowaxe a new purpose - to implant death into the very being of creatures it hits. Secondly, I use my shadowmastery to get an actual edge on it.

CMP [6]
POT [1]
CMP [3+1-1=3]
POT [2-1=1]

Whaz not wanting to have a repeat of "toy hammer" scene when hiting something soft, decided that enchanting the (un)trusty hammer was a priority. His first spell, an atempt to infuse the weapon with esense of death itself somehow failed. Even when holding the hammerhead itself, Whaz could not feel anything of note. Mabye he was just too mentaly hardened to notice anything, or mabye his regular casting impotence had kicked in. Though if it did, this case was higly unusal, as a fresh corpse caused entirely by shadow mages action laid just a few meters away. Not discouraged, Whaz tried improving his weapon once more, this time by manipulating shadows. Edges of the hamer let lose a tiny cloud of dust like particles of shadows, yet remained unchanged. Mabye the homocidal spirit that governed his magic was too amusedd by what plant user had done to pay atention to Whaz?

"Nice weapon David! No one will mess with us now."

Is the firefox's magma getting any cooler? If it's not then Grundar can use it to cook over. Toss the useless wood to Grundar anyways.

Summon a following Javelin.
Summon a paddle.
Summon a healing pill.

Spoiler: For sale (click to show/hide)

James in awe of new weapon produced by David had momentarily forgoten his desire to explore the waters and chose to produce more sellable goods for now. He discarded failed life-jacket to the troll with an order to check out the remrants of Irus. Grundar scampered off to a piece of firefox in an atempt to use the ever hot magma blob to ignite a fire for cooking. Wodden jacket easily caught fire and Grundar aprovingly broke it down in smaller piecces for easier burning.

CMP [1]
POT [6+1+1=8]
LUCK [2]
DEX [6]

The spell calling out to unreality was "slightly" shacky this time, in the same way that center of hydrogen bomb explosion is "slightly" hot. Fabric of space was breaking down around the spell and before James managed to stop it, the whole thing colapsed spiting out a blob of solid oxygen snow. James, showing accrobatics one would not expect from a mage, managed to jump back quicly enough to almost entirely dodge the dangerously cold particles, merely caching some with with right sleeve of his robe. Yet, by some cruel twist of fate, James landing pose put his right sleve dangerously close to a piece of firefoxs remains. With a powerful burst the oxygen ignited, burning away the robe to elbow and searing flesh beneath.

Go check out the inside of that cave. With Aether sense so I don't fall down a hole or something.
Follow behind Jase while keeping my guard up.

LUCK [1]

CMP [6]
POT [6]

Jase reached out with his power towards the depths of the cave and noticed something unique, something that he had never seen before. There was something there, looking back at him. And it was very angry by the rude awakening Jase had caused. Aether mage was able to see the being for what it was, a magical entity with a form like a human, if said human had his legs melted into a blob of flesh, skin covered in red pustules and eyes replaced by small windows to utter darkness. Sooner than Jase managed to be grosed out by the immage to vomiting, the creature pushed mage away with its considerably psychical prowess. A loud screech from the cave indicated that the battle was not finished yet.

Head towards the castle for revenge!
Okay then. The castle is made of stone, I control stone, head that way. There aren't any mountains, are there?

SPD [(6+1)/2+1=4.5]

Seeing fort in the distance Isaac determined, that being made of stone and located near two of the four mountains on the island, it would make an excelent seat of power for him. His stone like determination brought him to western wall of the fortress rather quicly.

Pick up a stick and carve in runes of storage for easy to use spells.

CMP [1]
POT [1+2=3]

David did not fare much better than James in his magical experiements. While a branch from nearby tree served decently as a base for a wand, the runic enchantments required were something of a new teritory for David. Prudently, he only put minimal poweer in the spell and it was a good thing as his fears came true. The wand in making burst into flames as he carved the last rune, burning his hand with which he held the stick.

same thing I did last turn.

CMP [2]
POT [5]

Once more Rohan tried to make some acid, and once more smell of roten eggs visited his vicinity. This time though, the stench was suffocating and took few minutes to dissipate. Luckily, wind was blowing away from two other mages and the troll.

From within the central portal a pale figure walked out. Known only as Blighted Witness, this mage was feared by single men and empires alike for his talent was to spread disease, the bane of both nobles and common men. Run, though it may already be too late.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spirit of magic is not happy for some reason today. Probably some wizards underutilizing Chaos rift.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 11, 2014, 07:38:58 pm »

"Hey guy? Little help? I kind of need this hand for magic."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 11, 2014, 07:51:55 pm »

"I'll heal your hand if you enchant my mace."
Heal David's hand. Then heal my own hand.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 11, 2014, 08:48:31 pm »

"The deal is struck. Any specifications."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 11, 2014, 09:50:43 pm »

"Crimson, get ready. I think I pissed something off, and it's possibly psychic. I'm sorry, didn't mean to wake you. Can't we talk this out?" Jase says, shouting the last part into the cave.

Make another aether essence. The way this is going, I'll need it.

((Looks like I may get to test out another use of my affinity soon.))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:11:09 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 19
« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2014, 01:57:03 am »

"Something isn't right..."

Whaz observed melted bodies in deep thought. Something really wasn't right. Perhaps, spirits did not want to grant their power. But why? Carefully stepping onto ruined ground, shadow mage walked closer to the corpses.

"As expected, Mezala wasn't used as a catalyst. Hm... But why not this plant mage?"

A sudden realization struck Whaz: only final death would empower his spells. Both Mezala and the mages were killed, but only the last one lost his soul to him completely. Well, that posed interesting perspectives, like reincarnation and such... But trying magic was too dangerous now.

I strap the weightless hammer to my back and weaponize myself with two swords. Then, I head out back to the lake in search of mages. If chances look good for me - a single one or one with his minion, either ambush them or try to come closer for a deadly charge.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2014, 05:40:13 am »

"I doubt we can easily talk with whatever you woke up!"

Create a force essence.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2014, 12:44:36 pm »

"The deal is struck. Any specifications."
"Maybe some sort of paralyzing effect."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2014, 01:10:37 pm »

"A new land, let us see what is in store."
Charge a Disease essence, then go north
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2014, 03:53:09 pm »

Try to enchant the head of James' mace with Benevolent (to the user) paralysis effects.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 13, 2014, 10:36:43 am »

Eh.  Just have me go back through the portal, I can't keep up with this as school approaches.

Sorry...

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 13, 2014, 10:45:21 am »

And so, RL monstrocity claims another. But it is a legit concern, I start university this year, might not be able to keep up the game. We'll see.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 13, 2014, 04:03:17 pm »

I only have to do 3 classes this year, so the rest gets replaced with WORK! YAY!
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 506