Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180968 times)

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 133 Unluckiest mage and celestial loot
« Reply #3990 on: December 02, 2015, 10:09:17 am »

Try to remember if I ate any beans. Also craft three essences.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: December 02, 2015, 12:07:35 pm »

Start heading back to the fortress. Make three knowledge essences whenever I can.

Idly think about the nature of memory as I walk. Maybe flip through my tip book as well.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:10:46 pm by Whisperling »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: December 02, 2015, 01:43:24 pm »

Update shecdule has moved from wenesdays to thursdays. That is still midle of the week-ish but it seems I just can't manage to ge turns writen on wenesdays.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: December 02, 2015, 03:14:20 pm »

PM.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: December 02, 2015, 11:23:34 pm »

((If anyone wants to know what the meteors do, I'm in the mood for some trading. My battery allows payment in essences if you want to make it quick.))

((On a side note, I edited my turn. Probably not a big deal, but it can't hurt to make sure the changes happen.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: December 03, 2015, 01:42:50 pm »

Sorry guys, it seems that there won't be an update until sunday. Some more might be droped as my study schedule tightens before holydays.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: December 06, 2015, 06:00:47 pm »

((I suspect that DG's schedule got crowded more. I geuss next update will be on a later date))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: December 06, 2015, 07:35:37 pm »

((I suspect that DG's schedule got crowded more. I geuss next update will be on a later date))

((Wait and see. The update might get delayed, but saying so without word from the GM is putting the horse before the cart.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: December 07, 2015, 02:56:06 am »

Once again, I am astounded that I still sometimes think that doing anything while sleepy is even remotely a good idea.
I wrote half a turn, saved it, and went to sleep. The thing is, I only thought I saved it, and actually saved only action of one guy.
As I was edditing charsheet as I went, I'll probably just try to remember what happened, rather than rerolling the turns, but I don't even right now.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: December 07, 2015, 05:37:30 am »

Turn 134

((But I thought Alexander was dropped down a pit where he met the gremlins?))
Tch. Now what was he to do about this poison?

Perhaps... Might as well. If this was fatal, there wasn't much else to do.

Alexander crafts three essences in preparation, while looking around the pit/hole. Was there anything else around, beyond however it was the gremlins disappeared?

Alexander looked over the pit, his eyes pausing on each of the holes through witch gremlins had escaped. It was too dark to see if gremlins were still lurking in them, especially if they were standing still, so Alexander made no assumptions. Edges of the pit looked solid enough to climb out, or at least roots that were near the edges did. Suddenly, sharp pain in one of his legs attracted Alexanders attention. Gremlin poked it with a spear and fled to a tunnel before Alexander could catch it. Another leaned out from a tunnel higher up and poked Alexander in the arm, also disappearing with haste afterwards. More and more of Gremlins began to poke Alexander whenever he wasn't looking, and Alexander noticed his reactions slowing down. The spears were no less poisoned than before.
{Alexander, slowed, autolosse initiative.}

"I wonder...."

flare points to his throne.

"assimilate that throne into your form"

The golem moved. It collapsed, then reformed back into humanoid form, turned at an angle that created an illusion of looking at the throne. Golem then collapsed once more, and liquidish metal began to swarm around a corner of the throne. A noise of grinding could be heard, and liquidish metal receded, forming humanoid shape once more. It was now heavily tinted with yellow from gold, but seemed to had reached the limit of such assimilation method.

Cuberac examines both items before taking them. He also creates 3 essences.

The pyramid was enchanted with some strange magic, a very specialized dispel kind of magic. It was likely made to deal with a particular spell, but being neither a enchanter nor having any experience with destroying spells, Cuberac had no idea what exactly it did. The dagger too, was imbued with strange magic, spatial magic, however true purpose once again eluded Cuberac. He pocketed both and took a look around through all the distractive fakes.

"Many hours have passed since the beginning... Now, it's time to finally achieve my dreams. Xazoliomuhr, all mages that I won't explicitly say to avoid, are your rightful prey. Strike first and go for the kill. Let the hunt begin!"

First victim, the most obvious one, was a Chaos wizard who spent his time gazing at the bloody expanse beneath him. Some other time, Kahel might have had pity for a lakegazer, yet he was bored and held no sympathy towards the followers of a Changing God.

We shall attack Chrisicus together, hopefully catching him half-aware. Just to test powers of the Chaos Gods, Kahel would freeze wizard's blood solid... With two chaotic essences. And demon going for a kill.
Kahel had plans, and the plans required power. It was, after all, what people came here for. There were few mages here, only Romanticanus, in fact, and that, combined with the fact that Kahel did not like warp sorcerers much, meant that he'd be the first one to die.
Xazoliomuhr Charged ahead first, swiftly and silently, his claws sinking deep into the ground where Romanticarnus was moments ago. Sorcerer had rolled away, losing only a bit of cloth to the demon's claws, and possibly by reflex, retaliated with demonfire. Ice demon screeched as it began changing, melting and mutating. Kahel was last to move, but his magic forged sharp needles out of Romanticarnus' blood, and his skin soon turned purple as internal bleeding took its toll.

"Very good, I shall reward you at some point, in the meantime we are heading towards the volcano."

Crush 10 shards for a new affinity, pm'd, head towards the volcano, going around the lake in the side with the desert, create 3 demon essences

Blake and gog began their long trip to the volcano. There was something he needed there, a part of a greater whole. There were plans set in motion, deals to make use of, and a prize worth going through all of this.

The adamantine reactor appears, and Jiksap wishes he could resurrect whatever glorious mechanism it could have once belonged to. Actually, he didn't have to wonder -  Warhammer was printed on one of the beams. Such machines were known in Jiksap's world as a top-secret government project from an enemy world. Though many considered them to be mere conspiracy, everyone secretly wanted to drive one, and Jiksap was no exception. However, he also knew that he simply did not have the power.

Other objectives would have to come first.

Summon a set of scuba gear, then dive for the meteor. Create one essence.

Jiksap called forth some scuba gear, but what appeared before him was a barrel. Jiksap had seen such devices before, and for the treasure in the lake, he was willing to risk it. The barrel turned out to be empty, or at least sounded empty when Jiksap kicked it. Things were looking up. Then Jiksap noticed that the barrel was entirely smooth, with no way of getting inside it. He began reconsidering the dive.

"Bah! I don't have time for this! Why can't you just be weaker?"

Old King Coal was getting rather frustrated, a quality which his Evil Mentor/Poisoner/Teamaker/Assassin detested in him. No, frustration had to go. He would win this. Now.

Old King Coal grunts, then charges back into the fray, this time attempting to make use of his claws.

Old king charged at the beast. He knew now how it moved, how it could move and how to attack. He had the creature all figured out. As he neared, he dived down, below where the claw would strike and stabbed towards the creature’s stomach. Old king was once more surprised by the creature's agility, as it leaped forward, jumping over him and striking him in the back, sending Old King once more into the bone piles, although still entirely unscathed. Was the creature toying with him?

((First time I try essence roulette, it collapses faster than usual three rounder...)

Hmm, either I have to seek for healer again, or wear this until death...

Three essences. Keep looking for the mage.

Shias searched the forest for Alexander. Trees spoke of his passing, but none could pinpoint exactly where. However, Shias was finding traces of Alexanders passing; broken branches, cuts on trees where he squeezed through with half of armory on his back, occasional step in particularly soft earth. With each trace Shias was running faster and faster, until suddenly, earth disappeared beneath him. Numerous spikes bounced off Shias wooden shell, as druid found himself in a pit full of spikes. A pit of spikes that had entirely nothing to do being here.

Walk towards the castle with all of my birds
Make 4 essences

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seva looked back at the flesh fields. There were some strange creatures there, and he had no desire of staying nearby. There were horrors beyond death. And there were some that went further. It did not take long to reach hills that surrounded the castle. A mage and a demon were walking away from it towards somewhere.

I go an collect some of the crystals they have collected and study them then try to turn some in to essences and study them more
Skelliborn
Action:
 create 3 essences and head to the second meteor crash site on route to the destination. Once there, get the loot.

Summon a (glass) device to convert the crystal's energy into luck essences in a sustainable manner. All essences, provided that they can apply. If they can't, have it make glass essences instead.
Nihilum and Gambler were having a minor argument about the shards, namely, about Gambler having them all and not wanting to share. Skeliborn would have also participated in discussion, but he had left to seek out the other meteor. He would arrive disappointed, as even from hills near the glass fields he could see the impact site, and a severe lack of crystals there.

Gambler, not wanting to deal with Nihilum's arguments or possible nicking of the shards, decided to forge a device to turn shards into more useful and less stealable essences. What happened, was that when he attempted to do the actual summoning of the device, the summoning portal bent itself out of shape, which considering that it was a literal hole in reality, was rather terrifying. Finally, after Gambler took few steps away and was about to start running, the portal coughed out a black box with a red button on it. On the box, in white letters words "Improbability drive" were written, with a warning note slapped on the side which read "Warning: Summons the clown"

Try to remember if I ate any beans. Also craft three essences.

Bob thought back to the last time he had lunch. It was a while ago, and he was not paying a whole lot of attention to the food as he was overseeing a bird migration from one forest to another due to a plague that turned colorful feathers into a dull shade of gray. Though some of the lunch might have had some mold on it, Bob clearly remembered it having been some sort of meat, as he shared a bit with a small woodpecker. So no beans there, magical or otherwise.

"This place is odd. I'll inspect this."
Check all the corpses. If i could, 3 essences.

There was a corpse of an elf some distance away from the rocks, and there were corpses of The Doctor and Marcus the mind mage. Doctor had a golden orb on him, other two corpses had nothing of value. The rocks were dormant, not reacting in any way to Destra's presence.

Start heading back to the fortress. Make three knowledge essences whenever I can.

Idly think about the nature of memory as I walk. Maybe flip through my tip book as well.

Viznor turned around and began heading back to the tower. It was probably safe now, for a given value of safe in a place with over twenty mages spread over slightly more than a quarter of a square kilometer. The book also had some advice on the matter, "Only where there is no life, can be no conflict". The most lifeless places here would have been the desert or the glass plains, but neither sounded particularly harmless.

You forgot a +1 luck for the omnicube again.
And why am I missing 2 shards? Don't tell me they were stolen again.

Hurry up to the expedition! Depending on if that +1 luck helped, either take off and start flying or try again to get a working heliblade.
Of course 3 healing essences.

James rushed forwards, until he saw Gambler and Nihilum arguing over something. Gambler, seemingly not wanting to continue the argument turned to a side and began a spell of summoning. Almost immediately, James saw that the spell went very wrong. The portal was supposed to be short and entirely static. Touching edge of such structure could have disastrous results, so speed and solidity were rather important. But somehow, it all went well enough, and the portal coughed something out. James landed near the two wizards, the propeller folding back into the gauntlet, and cautiously looked at the box that was not there before.

Gloomy, is back, better than before. No bombastic intro today, though.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:55:16 am by DreamerGhost »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: December 07, 2015, 05:45:58 am »

The most western time zone still has whole 15 minutes of sunday left. I'm gonna write this one down as a success.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 134 Plots and Conflicts
« Reply #4001 on: December 07, 2015, 06:12:42 am »

Kahel muttered a curse while preparing a new spell. Seems like Chaos Gods still oversaw their adept. Demon was out for a moment, so it fell upon the Changer to thwart his godly counterpart plans on this reality.

Stop-freeze sorcerer in one place and finish him with cutlass charge. Use three essences (2 +1 and +1/+2) He's alive, so screw this. All essences!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:08:09 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: December 07, 2015, 07:54:05 am »

((Only issue I see with my turn is that my throne is electrum, not gold.))

give the golem better assimilation ability   
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: December 07, 2015, 09:16:01 am »

"My, you are a worthy opponent!"

Old King Coal frowned as he considered his engagement. The creature, for all its powers, seemed simply to be playing(dangerously, anyway) with him. Hold on a minute.

"Wait a minute. You're not some sort of independent hunter. That's not your nature. You've been waiting so long for your master to return... but he's gone now. Or at least he should be gone. You are a minion. And a rather good one, at that. This was a test, methinks. And yes, I could try a new attack. I could use my powerful bone magic to destroy you. But I'm Lawful Evil, not Chaotic Evil. So I'm going to give you a choice, assuming you can understand me: Join me or die."

And with that, still on guard though, Old King Coal attempts to recruit the incredible creature.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: December 07, 2015, 09:33:14 am »

Forgot some rather important news. Sadly, my schedule remains sporadic, meaning that I'd rather not make promises on updates in next few weeks. I can promise that there will be an update on Christmas, but anything before that is entirely up in the air. If I find myself with some time off before Christmas I will write up a turn, but that is not a guarantee.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 506