Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1178218 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 19
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2014, 04:42:12 pm »

Well, you at least get paid for that. Also, roboapocalypse is prognosed in something like 20 years, because humans will no longer be nececary to do jobs. There will be several milions CEO's and 7-8 bilion hobos. And CEO's will wonder why nobody buys their shit no matter how much they advertise.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2014, 05:11:36 pm »

At that point money would be unnecessary as there would be no labor or workers to pay.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2014, 05:15:19 pm »

You'd still have to pay energy costs. And security costs, for protection from the hobos who want your stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 13, 2014, 06:45:52 pm »

There would be no hobos. In a world where no one works to make stuff there is no need for money and everything would be free.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #409 on: August 13, 2014, 10:18:12 pm »

Open the wall of the castle with magic. Doors are for non-mages. Close the hole behind me once I'm through, so no one follows. Unless I see someone, then get the castle to crush them.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2014, 05:14:53 pm »

Turn 20

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [6+1+1=8]
CMP [5+1-1=5]
POT [4+1+1-1=5]

Seeing a trade deal where it is, James healed David and then himself. It felt good going back to the original magic, there wasn't a single error in spell or lack in it;s power. Both mages were good as new.

Try to enchant the head of James' mace with Benevolent (to the user) paralysis effects.

CMP [4-1=3]
POT [5+2=7]
LUCK [4]

Upholding his part of the deal, David atempted to enchant the steel mace. Eeven with rather specific choice of effect, he managed to do a decent job. His right hand with which he held the mace barely felt stiff at all, while his left hand with which he touched th head of the mace hung lifelessly at his side. The paralysis did not last long, he could already feel the arm, it slightly hurt with nerves coming back into action.

"Crimson, get ready. I think I pissed something off, and it's possibly psychic. I'm sorry, didn't mean to wake you. Can't we talk this out?" Jase says, shouting the last part into the cave.

Make another aether essence. The way this is going, I'll need it.

((Looks like I may get to test out another use of my affinity soon.))
"I doubt we can easily talk with whatever you woke up!"

Create a force essence.

SPD [4]
CMP [4]
POT [1+1=2]

SPD [3]
CMP [3]
POT [1]

SPD [5]
CMP [3]
POT [2]

The abomination shufled out of the cave into the light as duo of mages were prepearing themselves. With a gurgling sound and a flick of hand oair araund the monstrocity bent away in all directions creating a gust of wind. Undetered, Jase and Crimson continued to charge their strength. Jase crafted a directioning (+1 CMP) force esense, while Crimson forged a power (+1 POT) force esense. Battle was abaut to begin.

Open the wall of the castle with magic. Doors are for non-mages. Close the hole behind me once I'm through, so no one follows. Unless I see someone, then get the castle to crush them.

CMP [4]
POT [2]

A cariage wheel sized hole opened in the wall before Isaac and almost immedietly closed. What usualy would had been a mere annoyance turned into most unfortunate accident, as somone armed with two swords and a hammer walked just around the corner of the castle and was now facing the stonemancer.

-snip-

I strap the weightless hammer to my back and weaponize myself with two swords. Then, I head out back to the lake in search of mages. If chances look good for me - a single one or one with his minion, either ambush them or try to come closer for a deadly charge.

SPD [2+1=3]
STR [6]

SPD [1+1=2]
DEX [4]
CMP [2-1=1]
POT [4-1=3]

Fortunately for Isaac, Whaz was far too surprised by some random guy in a robe creating and fixing holes in a wall of a castle Whaz fully considered his. When shadow mage finaly decided to charge, Stonemancer had already prepeared himself, standing just right to dodge away from downwards strike that Whaz atempted to execute. With both swords embed into the ground providing a momentarily distraction for shadow mage, Isaac figured it was a time for counteratack. With a command, a large boulder split away from the wall and fell between two combatants. At least it would provide an obstacle for the next charge from Whaz.

"A new land, let us see what is in store."
Charge a Disease essence, then go north

CMP [5]
POT [1]
SPD [(4-1)/2+1=2.5]

With a snap of his thin fingers, Witness stockpiled a part of his thoughts for future use in a form of directioning (+1 CMP) plague esense. His preparations done, master of plagues walked off north. Passing throug a makeshift forest, completely indiferent towards mages standing there, Witness traveled almost all the way around the shipwreck lake.

Here's Turn 20. And when I started this I wasn't certain that I would reach turn 5. Thanks for advice guys.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:35:05 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 20 Ascending from life
« Reply #411 on: August 14, 2014, 05:21:09 pm »

((So that abomination is magical like Irus was, right? Also, where was my POT bonus? Would it not have mattered?))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:23:03 pm by Beirus »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 14, 2014, 05:35:51 pm »

((Yes. Fix'd. Yes, it wouldn't have mattered.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 14, 2014, 05:36:53 pm »

"I... Remember your face, mage. This time your soul won't escape it's fate!"

To hell with magic and everything overly complicated. I jump onto the boulder and attack the stonemaster before he can do anything.

EDIT: I congratulate you for reaching this turn and wish for this game to somehow end by 100 shards condition. All in all, it became addictive as hell. Not overly complicated, very interesting and free for experimentation.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:46:30 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 14, 2014, 05:40:36 pm »

Try and make that wand again.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #415 on: August 14, 2014, 05:57:01 pm »

Grow the boulder into a wall, then push it at him with magic.

As I do that, grab his two swords out of the ground.

You are alone! Only death and darkness!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:59:33 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 14, 2014, 06:15:10 pm »

((I'm not sure that swords were stuck. But, anyway, they couldn't be in Isaac's reach as between him and Whaz now lies a large boulder.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 14, 2014, 07:33:46 pm »

"Crimson, I'm gonna try aomething. Be ready to kill this thing if it doesn't work."

Time to make a new friend.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 14, 2014, 07:40:11 pm »

"Grundar, do you want a weapon?"

If Grundar wants it then give him the mace.
Summon a jetpack. Summon a helmet. Summon a healing pill.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:36:32 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 14, 2014, 08:22:27 pm »

((Whaz is still holding the swords and they are stuck in dirt i.e. not stuck at all. Also, you are a few meters away from Whaz, at leasr away enoug for a boulder to fit between you.))

((My phone can't handle inserting second quote. NAV, by mage councils laws, what you are doing is comsidered suicidal behaviour))
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 506