Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180722 times)

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 135 Happy Christmas
« Reply #4200 on: January 01, 2016, 03:52:04 pm »

((Happy New Year all, I haven't made a resolution yet, too busy dealing with BIRDS.))

Lol

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: January 01, 2016, 09:02:27 pm »

((Happy New Year!))

You have an amazing attack spell.

((You can overload enemies minds with by forcing a massive amount of garbage into them at one time.

Not to mention you can eliminate mythical beings by proving with a knowledge spell that it doesn't exist))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: January 01, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »

((Happy New Year!))

You have an amazing attack spell.

((You can overload enemies minds with by forcing a massive amount of garbage into them at one time.

Not to mention you can eliminate mythical beings by proving with a knowledge spell that it doesn't exist))

((Information overload sounds perfect.))

((Using a spell to disprove magic might be a little... iffy, but there's probably a trick in there somewhere. "What I don't know won't hurt me" could be a fun concept to exploit.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: January 03, 2016, 02:46:44 am »

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: January 03, 2016, 04:10:21 am »

11. Keep breathing.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: January 03, 2016, 02:26:41 pm »

11. Keep breathing.
12. Repeat 11 

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: January 03, 2016, 03:24:13 pm »

Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: January 03, 2016, 09:05:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: January 03, 2016, 09:07:03 pm »

Bah! Your lists are not worthy of Jiksap's superior madness! :P
Spoiler: Jiksap's Goals (click to show/hide)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: January 03, 2016, 09:19:02 pm »

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: January 03, 2016, 10:27:45 pm »

-Pokeballs!

((We all know what DG's said about pokemon. Which is to say, don't do it, on threat of the game ending in sudden death.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: January 04, 2016, 02:04:22 am »

Spoiler: James' goals (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: January 04, 2016, 03:27:15 am »

Turn 136

Open the sub (with machine control magic) and try to see if it has any extendable manipulator.

Two essences.

Whatever the machine had, Jiksaps' magic opened the barrel with enough force to break most parts that could move. One would need to dig deep to find anything that could be truthfully described more generously than "scrap". Not too deterred, Jiksap examined the now wreckage and found that there were few devices ever meant to connect to outside besides the entrance, and those were four manipulator tentacles in what could be considered front side of the once barrel.

Three more essences.

this is a fun mechanic (sarcastic face)

Create a curse-inflicting knife—+1/+1 essence and +1 essence. Create two essences.

Gloomy reached deep within himself, towards the curse that crippled him. He took a piece from one of the few parts even his advanced knowledge could not seal away and separated it from the whole. For a moment, he grimly watched as the curse immediately repaired itself, and then he reopened his eyes, focusing on the real, bringing the piece of the curse outwards, where he shaped and forged it into a knife, with edge poisoned by magic. Gloomy looked upon his creation and grinned, thinking of how it would feel to share the affliction.
{Weakness - loss of one stat point for three turns. Consecutive cuts refresh the duration and remove one extra stat point}

Head northwest. Fuse 1 POT and 1CMP essence. Create 1 essence.
{Essence fusing stopped being a thing the moment new essence rules were announced.}

Cuberac left the castle, and ventured eastwards. Something nasty was going on beyond the east wall of the castle and he wanted no part of it. There was easily enough space for an entire parade between castle's east tower and island's edge, and it did not increase his travel time significantly. After reaching the east tower Cuberac turned northwest and managed to reach Mad inventor and his friend paleontomage before stopping to look around. As he looked back to the castle he saw a demon and a wizard being attacked by a bunch of geese. He was wrong in his initial assumptions, but he was safe in knowledge that it was only so because the truth did not make any sense.

Though hath sent a signal.
I will speak not in poet's tounge.
((Shakespearian English is still fair game))

Skelliborn

Action:

First pick up the iron tablet.

Next offer a deal to Hephaestus in which
1. You become his Apprentice
2. During the apprenticeship you call Hephaestus Master
3. During the apprenticeship Hephaestus co-inhabits Skelliborn's body along with Skelliborn's soul.

Skeliborn pulled the iron tablet out of the ground, and offered his servitude and his body to the god of smiths. The tablet grew hot in his hands, and disintegrated into a cloud of sparks that surrounded the mage. An engraving of hammer and anvil covered the last clear spot on Skeliborn's blade, and he felt heat of the forge blasting around him. Then just as soon the feeling passed, but Skeliborn felt a burning gaze in the back of his mind. There were places, one near the volcano to the northeast, another in the mountains to the southeast, and third somewhere else entirely. Skeliborn's mind was incapable of truly understanding the third location, but it was somewhere where he could go using a portal. There would have to be at least one on the island.

All birds except the crystal one attack the wizard,I stay a safe distance away
2 more essences

quicktopic action

Blake batted away bird after bird as he ran towards the gog. Then, in his panicked flailing, he noticed that he swatted away something lighter than a goose. Blake risked opening his eyes for a moment and he saw that among the flock of geese there was also a swarm of parrots. Even worse, one of the parrots managed to bite a chunk of flesh out of gogs cheek, and when it turned towards and incinerated the parrot, the rest of the birds surged towards it, covering the devil in fury of beaks claws and wings. The devil fell on the ground and began screaming in pain as dozens of tiny wounds covered its body. Blake felt that he needed a plan B, fast.

((Whoo, the auras are back up!))

Enchant my bow so that it simply tells the user how best to aim. Use two +1+1 knowledge essences, and of course, take full advantage of the magic aura.

Four knowledge essences afterwards.

Of course, scram if something dangerous happens in my general vicinity.

Viznor knew full well that firing a bow was an art he had no time to learn. Thankfully, being a wizard presented shortcuts to most goals in life. Viznor knew well the risks of taking these shortcuts as well as their wide variety, and chose to chance losing an item rather than his mind. He forced his magic upon the bow of transference, and when the spell subsided, carefully picked it up and readied an arrow to fire. He could feel his hands move to shift the bow for a better aim, although how useful it would be would need some real practice. Satisfied with enchantment, Viznor sat down to focus some extra power. Even with tower auras active one managed to collapse, flooding Viznors mind with thousands of names painters had for colors.
{Enchantment gives +1DEX to aiming rolls with the bow}

James sits and waits for the rest of the expedition to arrive.
While waiting he tries to replace the armguards crossbow with a wrist mounted chainsaw, or at least some sort of blade.
Then he plays essence roulette with summoning essences..

James waited for his allies near the edge of the flesh fields and fiddled with his armguard. He managed to convert the crossbow into a small chainsaw. It was too small to be a real chainsaw, more of a chainfist, but it would mess up anyone hit regardless and that was what James was looking for. Having finished his tinkering James looked back at his allies to be. They seemed to be busy doing... something. While being easily distracted was an affliction many mages shared, this was getting a bit ridiculous. One would think that an entire field of meat would serve as a decent reminder, but apparently that was not the case. James sighed and began charging essences. He was feeling rather bored, so rather than stopping still in the safe zone, he decided to go to the limit. Then, he reached the limit, and continued onwards. There was little point, and yet he continued. Finally, an essence collapsed, causing nearby fleshy ground to grow straight, thin and sharp pillars of bone. Maybe this is not the best place for such self-tests.

I don't need to climb. All I need is to collapse part of the pit wall to form a ramp to walk up. By carving chunks out of it. Should be doable with my arms.

If this seems impossible to do, then simply make my legs grow longer until I can get out.

Shias tested the walls that surrounded him, but each promising patch of dirt proved to be filled with roots that kept it all together. No wonder the whole thing hadn't collapsed after first rain. Thus, Shias fell on his backup plan, magic. Plants that shielded his feet began growing, lifting druid upwards and out of the pit. It was all going well, although breaking off from the growth was not planned and landing was not too glamorous, he was finally out of the pit and that was what really mattered. Now, he could return to the hunt.

Kahel signed. Yeah, he could understand the demon now...

Try to finish Chaos mage. Check demon and enlist his help if possible. If frozen Chaos adept does not pose immediate danger, create three essences.

Kahel thought of how much trouble his demon had with the dwarf and glared at his blade. It left a mark in the ice, so a few more strikes should do it? Kahel was about to get started, but stopped as he got a better idea. He flipped Romanticarnus so that the crack would be towards the ground and struck his neck with the blunt side. Ice shattered and sorcerers whole head broke off. Grinning, Kahel collected the shards and went off to see how his demon was doing. And the demon seemed to be on the verge of either death or rebirth, as mutations seemed to have slowed down so, that only tiny ice spikes kept appearing with no larger shifts. Finally, when even the tiny spikes stopped, the whole thing broke to pieces. One piece was far larger than the others and as it unfolded Kahel found himself looking at much burlier but also much clumsier figure. It still retained all of its sharp edges, making the overly toothy smile slightly less creepy and a lot more intimidating.

"Ooh, perfect."
Insert one of the crystals, then ping for any nearby lucky items. If any show up, go and get them.
Then make a couple a essences.
Wait for the remaining few members to catch up.

{It seems that you are with those of your team that are furthest away from the objective. there are none left to wait on.}

Gambler fed the small crystal shard into the device, and drained the resulting energies. Just as the shard was raw magic, so did the resulting essence could be applied to a spell of any kind. But Gambler looked further in his hunt for treasure. He cast a net of magic forth to see what else could be just lying around, yet the spell returned a chaotic pile of signals, showing even dirt as treasure because of rare plants that grew in it long in the past. Gambler decided to give it a rest and rather focus some power but here too his magic was not cooperating. Essence collapsed unto itself, and with a loud pop, a man appeared a dozen steps away from gambler. It had one wing of an angel and one of a devil. The man looked around, took a look at something resembling a wristwatch, muttered something about "one off" and disappeared. Only evidence of it ever being there was a snow white feather resting on the grass.

That speedy golden orb is something. Apply the orb to the throne. After that, Go south.

Dest Eterna channeled his power through the throne and fused it with the orb, spreading the enchantment through the artefact. It proved to be highly beneficial, as the throne began moving considerably faster. However, increase in speed resulted in few losses of control, hindering the overall progress. Nevertheless, Eterna managed to clear the ashen forest and travel all the way to the edge of tower premises.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:47:53 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 136 Midnight coffe edition
« Reply #4213 on: January 04, 2016, 05:10:17 am »

Shias digs his hands into ground, connecting with plants, to see what they see. To see the ground, tunnels, holes, life that resides underground.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 136 Midnight coffe edition
« Reply #4214 on: January 04, 2016, 06:27:55 am »

Oops, looked at the wrong map. Catch up.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 506