Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163693 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 21 Gone camping
« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2014, 08:33:27 am »

Turn 22

James really is a much better healer than summoner.
Draw a Rite of Mindfulness around James.

END [4]
CMP [2+1=3]
POT [2+1+1=4]
CMP [2]
POT [4+1+1-1=5]

CMP [5]
POT [2]

David, not wanting the best provider to their shop to waste time, started carving out a few runes to hasten James' recuperation. Great care ensured that the spell would not go awry, yet it also ensured slow speed, resulting in a weak spell. But combined with healers great physicue, it was enough.

James got up and inspected himself for damage. Noticing that his clothes geting dirty was the end of it, he moved to crafting some esenses to ensure less suicidal casting in the future. Twice he focused his power, crafting an esense of power and a dual esense. Well, at least the explosions will be bigger.

"It won't threaten us any more, Crimson. Now then, creature, tell me what affinities you possess."

Create another aether essence.

LUCK [6]
CMP [2+1=3]
POT [4+1=5]

It is unknown wether the creature was now simply too stupid, or wether it had forgoten the answer itself, or mabye it was becouse it never knew language, but abomination was having hard time understanding the question it was given.

Allowing the creature some time to contemplate the inquiry, Jase turned his atention elswhere, namely crafting an aether esense. It proved an easy task for a mage like himself.
"O-Ok... At least that worked."

Create another force essence.

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [1+1=2]

Crimson folowed with the same as Jase, crafting a manipulative esense of force.

Melt the boulder and push the molten stone at him with magic! Then open a hole in the wall and dive through, sealing it shut behind me.
Yeah, sorry. Waited for you for some reason I forgot.

"Time to die!"

Rush at Isaac and turn him into bloody mess!

SPD [4+1=5]
DEX [3]
END [4]
CMP [1]
POT [4]
DEX [4]
CMP [3]
POT [3-1=2]

SPD [5+1=6]
STR [6]
DEX [6]

Whaz charged once more at Isaac, kicking off from the boulder and bringing down his sword on stone mage with a mighty leap. Try as he did, Isaac could not get away in time, swords arc coneccted with his wrist severing his left hand. Yet once more Whaz underestimated his strenghth, as was proved by sword moving all the way to the ground and geting stuck in it once more.
{Bleeding 5 turns remaining}

Even with such a wound, Isaac managed to launch a counterattack. Though calling it a counteratack might have been a bit too much. The spell Isaac tried to use failed spectacularly, parts of stone got hot, other parts got cold, temperature diferences were great enough to shatter the stone and send bits of it flying evrywhere. Isaac managed to dodge most of the stone shrapnel, the few pieces that hit him bounced off of his robes. Whaz however, had to chose between losing a sword and tanking all the stone pieces. Without thinking, Whaz rolled away leaving his sword behind.

Seeing an oportunity, Isaac atempted to get away through a wall once more, yet the wall proved to be uncooperative again, this time not opening even for a moment.

head into the ship, see what's inside. Charge another essence

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [2+1=3]
LUCK [8]

Witness focused another part of his power for later use and went onwards to adventure. Adventure of a small shipwreck. An adventure of searching and looting. Actualy, there wasn't all that much space to explore within the shipwreck and Witness quicly found the only things of value - a pair of steel harpoons.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 08:35:09 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 22 Think before unthinking
« Reply #436 on: August 22, 2014, 09:27:14 am »

Make an Enchantment essence.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2014, 09:46:52 am »

Grab the sword, and throw it at him! Then, collapse the castle wall onto his head!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 22, 2014, 10:37:58 am »

"Hah! I'm just one step from magical efficiency!"

Using a handle of shadow warhammer, I push the stonemancer into the castle wall, optimally crushing his head with an impact.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #439 on: August 22, 2014, 10:45:01 am »

You call yourself a mage?!? I've never even seen you attempt a spell!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 22, 2014, 11:03:20 am »

"That's because MINE spells are too dangerous for casual casting! Well, without a recent death to guide and empower them..."

((Really, I like how I get 6's every time I attempt something physical. Contrary to 1-3 magical.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 22, 2014, 01:38:01 pm »

((Someone needs healing! Yay!))

"Grundar, could you please go explore those shipwrecks and bring me back something nice. Eat these if you get hurt."
Give Grundar the 3 healing pills and ask him to explore for me.
Try to communicate with the treetower again.
Craft 2 summoning essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 22, 2014, 02:30:37 pm »

Reach out with the aether to sense what affinities the creature has, since conversation isn't going too well.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 22, 2014, 05:49:15 pm »

Take the harpoons with me, could me a good source of directing my diseases. charge a disease essence once again, and look for any places of interest, particularly for making my diseases more potent
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 23, 2014, 06:29:34 am »

Head outside of the cave then, once out in the open, swing my right arm from left to right in order to generate force. Using that, try to create a solid (-1) blade of force the size of a short sword extending out from my right arm.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 24, 2014, 03:15:32 pm »

Turn 23

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [2+2=4]

David caught by sudden desire to not blow himself up while casting, dexided to craft an esense of precision. It came out well, but was slightly more helpfull than nessesary. Sure, it would prevent death by misscast, but results may differ from primary plan.
{+2/+1, LUCK roll for extra Fun}

Grab the sword, and throw it at him! Then, collapse the castle wall onto his head!
"Hah! I'm just one step from magical efficiency!"

Using a handle of shadow warhammer, I push the stonemancer into the castle wall, optimally crushing his head with an impact.

SPD [4+1=5]
DEX [6]
CMP [1]
POT [3]
DEX [3]

SPD [6+1=7]
STR [2]
DEX [5]

Meanwhile, the duel between Isaac and Whaz continued. As now became almost routine, Whaz moved first. With great speed he rushed towards Isaac, not even bothering to swing his hammer. Isaac dodged away at the last moment possible, leaving Whaz to charge straight into the wall. Unfortunately for stonemancer, shadow mage managed to slow down enough to not sustain any damage greater than a bruise or few. Fortunately for stonemancer, he managed to roll away in the direction of the blade Whaz had left behind.

Ignoring a small cut on his right hand caused by slightly too precice of a roll towards the sword, Isaac grabed the blade and threw it. To his great surprise, in an astonishing show of skill, shadow mage managed to not only block the throw with his hammer, but also to catch the blade with his left hand. Not too fazed to forget the plan, stonemancer atempted to colapse entire castle wall on top of his assailant, yet both aim and power were off. A few bricks fell out of the wall above Isaac, mage managing to barely save his head, catching a brick to left shoulder instead.
{Bleeding 4 turns left}

"Grundar, could you please go explore those shipwrecks and bring me back something nice. Eat these if you get hurt."
Give Grundar the 3 healing pills and ask him to explore for me.
Try to communicate with the treetower again.
Craft 2 summoning essences.

LUCK [5]
CMP [2+1=3]
POT [6+1+1=8]
CMP [1]
POT [2+1+1-1=3]

Like a real trooper, Grundar saluted and marched off towards the lake. James meanwhile resumed his atempts to speak to the treehouse. Five minutes of shouting later, treehouse responded in no way whatsoever. Maybe the people trying to make their plants grow faster by talking to them are morons, maybe you now look like one, the only thing clear is that your treehouse is not feeling chatty right now. With a dissapointed grunt, James resumed prepearing supplies for future summonings. His efforts netted a duo of esenses, one vastly supperior to the other.

Reach out with the aether to sense what affinities the creature has, since conversation isn't going too well.

CMP [1]
POT [4+1]

Chosing the (possibly) shorter route, Jase looked in the aether making up the creature directly. What he saw was completely uniform void. Aether mage realised that he had made a wrong turn somwhere and now was wandering through creatures mind. Many things could had been here. Secrets of ancient times. Histories of long lost civilisations. Mysteries of advanced forms of magic. Memories of friends and family. Hopes and dreams. All were gone now, simply because he, James felt threatened. It was both sad and disturbing. Aether mage left the mind of the creaturre somwhat less upbeat.

Take the harpoons with me, could me a good source of directing my diseases. charge a disease essence once again, and look for any places of interest, particularly for making my diseases more potent

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [1+1=2]
LUCK [8]

Crafting a fresh plague esense was as easy as usual, yet the idea of enchanting the plagues he wielded left Witness puzzled. Would there be any places where disease was rife here? Hardly, there were no swamps or anything simmiliar here. Nor there were any tropical enviroments. Besides, plagues from such places were already known to the plague mage. Suddenly, the Witness' face was split by a wide grin, as he remembered a place where he might find something new. The alien landscape contained within the salt fields. Yes, that might present some interesting oportunities.

Head outside of the cave then, once out in the open, swing my right arm from left to right in order to generate force. Using that, try to create a solid (-1) blade of force the size of a short sword extending out from my right arm.

CMP [6]
POT [2+1=3]

Crimson thought that the time of respite best would be used to make a new weapon for himself. With the usual procedure to generate force, force mage began to weave a spell. The formula was right, yet the power was lacking, and thus spell atempted to compensate. Instead of creating a large solid blade, several tiny spikes of solid force sprouted over Crimsons right arm. Universe was probably trying to tell you something. That you missed a fantastinc oportunity in pimping bussines was probably not the thing, though you shouldn't write that one off just yet.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 23 New pool
« Reply #446 on: August 24, 2014, 03:21:25 pm »

Make the freaking wand! Us the essence.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 24, 2014, 03:24:01 pm »

begin my trek toward the salt, to discover what disease lay there. Channel Generalized tetanus through the harpoon
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:04:11 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 24, 2014, 03:49:09 pm »

"So, care to join three of your brethren at last?"

I dual wield warhammer and sword. Just because it is really unpractical and badass. Isaac must finally rest. In shards.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 24, 2014, 05:44:14 pm »

Craft 4 more summoning essences. I'm being reckless while being cautious.
Beachcomb the shore of the whirlpool lake for anything interesting.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 506