Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180223 times)

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 138 Falcon hunting and flight
« Reply #4425 on: January 28, 2016, 06:41:04 am »

Use Molotov on flytraps.
((That probably won't be very effective without a source of fire.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: January 28, 2016, 09:30:30 am »

((Considering how lucky the Gambler is...))
((We will see.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: January 28, 2016, 02:03:14 pm »

((If it doesn't explode my sword might absorb the alcohol and use it to power up.))

((Assuming its in range))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: January 28, 2016, 08:36:16 pm »

Turn 139

"One of these days I'm going to need to get some wings or a jetpack... or something."

Quicktopic action.
Finish off the demon Mage,falcon and velociraptors will help
Throw up a last ditch wall of hellfire and wait.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seva fell, giving up altitude for speed, and flew towards Blake. But he was not the first one to reach the demonologist. Falcon returned, however, this time Blake was ready for it. He leaped to the side, and the massive bird flew harmlessly by, few feet away from Blake. Unfortunately, the movement cost him. As velociraptors approached, hungry for blood, Blake was too overcome with pain to dodge their bites. And when Seva himself finally arrived, Blake no longer had anywhere to dodge.
However, all of the strikes had sacrificed speed for strength, and barely managed to scratch Blake, let alone incapacitate him. With a command, a wall of sulfur flame appeared around Blake. All of his enemies managed to dodge out of a fiery demise, but both raptors and the falcon were cut off from Blake. In a ring of fire there were two mages. The most dangerous cage match was about to begin. Somwhere not too far away, Old king was failing to force a spine to levitate.

"Ah, my apologies. I did not intend you to suffer. So, what's your next action would be, Master of Electricity?.."

Kahel ceased his speech abruptly, seeing that his opponent flew away.

"Damn. He needed to hear me at least! Xazoliomuhr, could you snipe him from this distance?"

If we cannot reach injured mage (ice shards and guided missiles), seek others to kill. There must be some nearby, if sounds are of any indication. Proceed to physical elimination.
Kahel looked around and filtered what he saw through the criteria he wanted. It was a pity that Destra had escaped, but he had the insight to get far away to make any attempts to fire at him mostly futile, and the continue moving, and there was nothing he could really do about it. Old King Coal on the other hand, was just standing out in the open.
Xazoliomuhrs shot went wide, alerting Coal and his Beast, although Beast did not react fast enough. Kahel was upon Old King Coal, but he mostly managed to dodge the strike, the swing of the blade cut through clothes but left only a scratch on actual flesh. Kahel did not have the time to strike again, as he was forced to dodge himself, as Beast struck the ground where he stood with enough force to send bits flying. The shockwave messed up Kahels landing and he fell to the ground, although the claws of the Beast were momentarily struck in the ground.

"So, this is the epicenter of reality's breaking? Time to shut this show down, before it hits its climax."

Create 2 Essences, then Bernardo will walk to Kahel's Location

Bernardo focused some power and went towards a mage who walked around in company of an ice brute. He seemed to be part of the solution, and was actively attempting to remove people of Bernardos "to interrogate" list. Truly, a shining example of magic society. Pity that so very often they turned out to secretly be the masterminds of crime. Such is the way of wizardly crime.

Use binding to "seal" the magic within the enchantment and stop it from leaking. Use my +1 +1 binding essence.

Four binding essences afterwards. Those two +1s to luck should make it relatively safe.

Viznor focused on the spell that was fraying around the edges, and cut them off, reinforcing where he could and sealing where he couldn't. The result was cloth that refused red, even things around it looked more teal. It would probably have some interesting interactions with blood though.

While still watching for anything interesting happening, attempt to create a longsword of magical energy using a +1/+1 essence and a +1 CMP essence. (-1 complex shape, -1 extra tough, -1 long lasting.)
{I'd argue that sword is not that complex of a shape.}

Chorkinaan called forth his first creation in this realm - a sword of unnatural toughness. The sword was entirely weightless, of some dull, indescribable color, and had neither temperature nor texture. That was the flaw of this craft, anything unasked did not exist.

Gambler nods back.
"Heh, sorry about that. Got distracted for ah bit."
The Gamber watches Skelliborn run off into the eldritch land, and facepalms.
"We're gonna 'ave to bail 'im out after 'e ends up gettin' 'imself 'urt, aren't we?"
Gambler gets out the Molotov cocktail and stasis'd sticky grenade.
{---INIT---}
MARK 1
Is there a clear path to Skelliborn?
    Yes:
        Run up to him.
        Is the 'tree' hostile?
            Yes:
                Use grenade on 'tree'.
            No:
                If Skelliborn's going to do something stupid/dangerous, stop him.
     No:
         Use Molotov on flytraps.
         Is there a clear path?
             Yes:
                 GOTO 1
             No:
                 Sigh angrily.

Skelliborn:
"Well, Well, Well. So your the Gaurdian of this portal. I don't suppose you'd let me pass?"
Action:
3 essence routine.
((After all the "Tree" might be friendly))

((Also. In case diplomacy fails, Get ready to cue epic boss music. This seems somewhat fitting.))
((Or This))

Gambler took one look at Skeliborn running towards certain doom and swore. He then looked at flytraps that were in the way and swore again. But there was a solution, and it was flammable. Threw the Molotov at the carnivorous forest in front of him, and then remembered that it was not a magic explosion potion and that it needed to be lit. Bottle smashed against bone barbs harmlessly and shattered, spilling flammable liquid everywhere. In an amazing stroke of luck, the flytraps were for some reason fascinated by it, and began licking the flammable liquid up. Gambler, having experience in both amazing luck and how quickly it flees when not used, ran through the forest of horrors and towards Skeliborn.

But he was too late. In some unfathomable leap of logic, Skeliborn decided that there was a chance that a creature growing on an eldritch portal and looking like something that could feature in a PSA of dangers of eldritch corruption might be friendly. The tree attempted to snatch blade mage with one of the tentacle branches, but Skeliborn managed to dodge them for long enough to conjure a few essences and mess one of them up. Magic flowed from the collapsed essence into the tree and stingers grew into small barbed knives. Almost immediately after, Gambler managed to reach the tree, and threw a grenade into the tentacles that were after Skeliborn pair of them got stuck on it and were torn off by the explosion. That left thirteen more to deal with.

Henry the Best takes off his shirt and rubs it against the portal, hoping to get some anti-magic protection on it.

Henry took off his shirt and rubbed the portal with it. Absolutely nothing happened. Obiviously, the shirt was just too stylish to contain any magic. It was well known fact that good fashion sense and magic power were inversionally proportional. That was the only reason he wasn't the greatest of wizards by power, and merely one of the best.

"Ouch."
Continue southwest, to the zerg-grass. 2 Electric Essences.

Eterna flew further away from Kahel and his ice beast and towards flesh fields. It might had looked silly to go from one danger to the next, but next to flesh fields was the only person on the island capable of healing people. The flesh fields themselves seemed to had grown some carnivorous looking flytraps, but luckily James was standing at the edge of the field, not going deeper inside. The icicle was beginning to melt, and while frost had dulled the pain it did not quite remove it. And soon, it wouldn't stop the bleeding either.

Everybody knows wolves don't eat wood. They might piss on me, but that's just wolves marking territory. Tolerable price, really. Ignore them. Pretend to be a tree. I'm really good at that.
Ah, and two essences if it doesn't tip them.

Shias stood perfectly still and made his best tree impression. One of the wolves carefully walked towards him and sniffed his wooden exterior. It then licked the wood, and having seemingly affirmed that it was, in fact, wood, moved back to the entrance and dropped back to sleep. Other wolf soon followed. The trouble was, leaving almost certainly included sneaking past two only half asleep wolves while in a mobile tree.

Enchant the swiss army knife with healing. Safety knife!  Use a couple essences. Make note that Skeliborn owes me 2 favours now.
Casually stab my hand to make sure it works.
Make 3 healing essences.

James nods at The Gambler.

James forced an enchantment upon the knife, one of more ancient enchantments of healing. Healing shiv; it was a great tool for torture, although it was first forged by healers who hated (usually for taking their help for granted) people they had sworn to heal. James stabbed his hand and swiftly regretted it, as though even knife left no wound, it still hurt a whole lot.

Hmm. Well, the tank was made for liquids and not gasses, after all... which makes even less sense now that I think about it, since gasses are really just depressurized liquids... Okay, here's what I've tried so far: summoning, and tinkering. What haven't I done? Oh, that's right, biological enhancement!! What could possibly go wrong?!

Because living things are really just machines made of organic matter, modify my respiratory system so I can breathe underwater. Preferably without losing the ability to breathe on land. Use a total of +5/+5.

Jiksap gave up on mechanical means. He did not have the parts and he no longer had the patience. Jiksap’s hands clasped on his throat, he took a deep breath, and forced his breathing system to change. The magic shifted and changed his lungs, throat and neck, but when spell ended, Jiksap suddenly felt like choking. He hoped that it was not the absolute worst case scenario and dive in the water. Almost immediately he felt better. It was not quite like breathing, but he wasn't choking anymore. His worry came true; he gained ability to breathe underwater at the cost of being able to breathe air.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 139 Cagefighting and Extreme gardening
« Reply #4429 on: January 28, 2016, 09:01:56 pm »

Well, you have some skill, but you made a fatal mistake eldritch tree. The thing about absorbing a mage's magic is  you give them access to alter your very being. So Game Over tree. Game Over.

Skelliborn

Action:

Force the eldritch tree to destroy itself using the blades on its tentacles.
Accept help from any mages who try to help

Modifiers:

-2 mobile

Essences:
Use two +1CMP blade essences
one +1 POT blade essences

Aim the spell at whichever tentacles are trying to molest kill me.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 08:02:33 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: January 28, 2016, 09:40:50 pm »

((My plan to get the flytraps drunk worked! Muahahaha. Honestly, though, my plan was just to get flammable liquid everywhere, then figure it out from there. Most likely through prodigious luck and/or summoning a small glass bomb.))

"...Ya tried diplomatizing tha tree. Tha tree with bloody tentacles and stingers. I will never understand ya. Time ta get ta work, I guess."
Go for quick jabs with the stilleto. Aim to disable bits, primarily through the good old method of stab then jiggle (to use the sharp point to ruin the inner bits) then withdraw an back off. Focus on not getting hit.
Attempt to use my luck to aid me in combat - let it, in part, control my stabs and dodges. It may not be the most elegant style, but it can be effective, provided the user is sufficiently lucky.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: January 28, 2016, 09:51:33 pm »

Attempt to summon a crate of healing pills, using 1 CMP and 1 POT essences. Use some of its contents immediately. Then loot Tur's corpse. Move toward the normal castle. Send minicubes at Old King Coal, if I see him this turn.

I don't think my earlier PM is relevant anymore, so I'm revealing it.
For those who don't wish to look for it:
((This information is provided for spectators, so please do not use it ingame unless you recieved it there as well. In fact, it would be better if everyone unaffected by this left it completely unused.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:24:27 pm by Zormod »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: January 28, 2016, 10:27:11 pm »

Alas, Zormod's telling the truth. I suppose I'll be back, eventually.

I was this close to ultimate power, dang it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: January 28, 2016, 10:51:54 pm »

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME."

Quicktopic action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: January 28, 2016, 10:56:40 pm »

((You did a good job with the contracts, but you revealed contract #2 too early, if you ask me. If you had waited until you had the redstone, I probably would have just signed it. Of course, you were probably going for that and a single botched roll decided to screw everything up as they tend to do. It was a very good try, and I hope to combat one of your characters again someday.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: January 28, 2016, 11:40:05 pm »

((This seems to be a recurring theme.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: January 28, 2016, 11:51:58 pm »

Perfect; this sword will serve me greatly. But, y'know what they say. The best offence is a great defense. burn the last of my essences to create a similarly weightless large shield (not greatshield size; -1 toughness, -1longevity) Now, let's see here... There's a tower off that way, seems to be a scuffle at its base. And that's a demon over there, and that dandy man looks to be getting involved, definitely want to avoid that. Hmmm... Chorkinaan creates 3 essences while evaluating what he can see, parameters in mind being loot potential and personal danger
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: January 29, 2016, 01:22:40 am »

((This seems to be a recurring theme.))
Alas, it is the curse of constant planning: I have an idea of how it will all go down, I gather the necessary components of my plan, and am almost ready- and then someone casually walks by and defeats me within the span of a turn or two.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: January 29, 2016, 03:58:23 am »

"James, can you heal me?"

If he accepts to heal me, create a electric crystal with 2 +1/+1, 3 +1POT and 2 +1CMP essences.
If he refuses to heal me, cauterize the wound with electricity(not that it will help very much)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: January 29, 2016, 06:00:18 am »

"Kidding? Not really... Ahem. And so they fought - mage against mage, beast against beast... Or something like that. You may want to do some taunting, I suppose."

Mage elimination ahoy!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 506