Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180816 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 23 New pool
« Reply #450 on: August 24, 2014, 08:37:34 pm »

Transform my left arm into stone. (-1 transforming). Then build a wall in front of me.

(Seriously dice?)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 25, 2014, 09:15:09 am »

"That was... a little disappointing."

Try again, this time using all the force that makes up the tiny spikes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2014, 12:38:43 pm »

Let's try that again.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 26, 2014, 10:43:45 pm »

My internet has sugered an unexpected existencial failure. Next turn will be posted when it recovers
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 27, 2014, 11:06:46 am »

Turn 24

CMP [4+2=6]
POT [3+2+1=6]
LUCK [7]

Testing was finaly over, David KNEW what he had to do now. With great precision he carved out runes on a stick, and poured in power. Stick in his hand grew warm as it transformed. The end result was an intricate woden wand with a bud on one end. Few runes still remained on the wand, they would contain a spell and allow modifications of said spell later.

begin my trek toward the salt, to discover what disease lay there. Channel Generalized tetanus through the harpoon

CMP [1]
POT [4+1=5]
SPD [(2-1)/2+1=1.5]

Chanting of spell was ended abruptly as Witness was struck with unexpected case of lockjaw. More annoyance than anything, yet it begged the question: how? Being able to controll diseases proved usefull in quicly identifying the problem: entire harpoon, handle included was infused with tetanus. Knowing that tetanus was not a quick disease, Witness continued on with his planed journey.

"So, care to join three of your brethren at last?"

I dual wield warhammer and sword. Just because it is really unpractical and badass. Isaac must finally rest. In shards.
Transform my left arm into stone. (-1 transforming). Then build a wall in front of me.

SPD [2+1=3]
DEX [6]
STR [1]
STR [5-1=4]
END [6+1=7]

SPD [4+1=5]
CMP [1]
POT [3]
END [1+1=2]

Having allready thought abaut his next move in advance, Isaac was first to act. This bleeding would kill him if shadow mage failed, it just had to go. The plan to seal the wound by turning nearby flesh to stone was great, unlike the execution of said plan. Several parts of Isaacs left arm seemingly at random turned to stone and fell off, carying small pieces of flesh, still atached, with them.

This proved too much for the stonemancer and he colapsed screaming, cluching remains of his left arm with his right. A pose Whaz entirely ready to exploit. As if he was death itself embracing the dying, Whaz extended his arms to his sides and struck forward, both of his weapons moving in wide arcs. Due to a minor lapse of judgment and great lack of experience in dualwielding, shadow mage overrestimated distance betwen two weapons and the weight of warhammer. The two colided right next to the head of stone mage, sword knocking away the hammer and biting deep in the skull of Isaac, ending his screaming. Hammer however, flew entirely off course and hit Whaz in his left foot. Some previous castings must have had affected the integrity of the hammer, as the handle cleanly broke off away from hammerhead on impact.

Craft 4 more summoning essences. I'm being reckless while being cautious.
Beachcomb the shore of the whirlpool lake for anything interesting.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [4+1+1=6]
CMP [4]
POT [6+1+1-1=7]
CMP [1+1-2=0]
POT [5+1+1-2=5]

Casual observer might think that James was prepearing for some major project with all the summoning esenses he was prepearing. First one went out perfectly, power and precision mixed in equal parts. Second one was even more powerful than the first, though still just as precise. The third one colapsed in on itself.

LUCK [2] {Usefullness}
LUCK [9] {Material}
LUCK [4] {Power}
END [5]

James had only a moment to blink before military gradde sleeping gass grenade that apeared in front of him went off. Only quick thinking and great capability to hold breath saved the summoner from experiencing efectiveness of the gass.

"That was... a little disappointing."

Try again, this time using all the force that makes up the tiny spikes.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [4+1=5]

Small spikes acros force mages hand grew and merged together, forming a wide edge along the entire leght of his arm.  For a moment, Crimson thouht that somone just said "En taro Adun, wariorr". But that was a silly idea.

Let's try that again.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [5+1=6]

Not wanting to go in the mid of the abomination again, Jase made the turnabaut aproach, an simply sensed the aether around the creature. Results were somewhat inconclusive, but sugested psychic power.

LUCK [6]

Grundar was walking around the lakeshore looking for a way to get to the shipwreck, yet was finding nothing but water and dirt.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 24 New Rules
« Reply #455 on: August 27, 2014, 01:26:50 pm »

4 more summoning essenses. You're right about a major project.
Also, get the canister from the sleeping gas grenade to store potion in.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 27, 2014, 02:04:29 pm »

"Hmm, I think this thing might be psychic. Creature, use your abilities to make a gust of wind down the tunnel away from us."

Order the creature, make another aether essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 27, 2014, 02:20:36 pm »

4 more summoning essenses. You're right about a major project.
Also, get the canister from the sleeping gas grenade to store potion in.

I forsee Ork lootaz and Blood Raven fanboys in your future.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 28, 2014, 07:50:02 am »

Find a leaf, roll it into a cone and enchant it to amplify my voice.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 28, 2014, 09:46:28 am »

Whaz discarded the broken weapon and walked closer to a corpse. This mage put quite a resistance - similar to the time when he trapped Mezala.

"That reminds me... Despite my power and soulshards, I was unable to accomplish what I desired. Perhaps, magic would work better in this regard? Yes... Taking it slowly... But, more importantly, death. A steady supply of it..."

Murmuring so, Whaz was planning well ahead. He could use this opportunity to finally practice his magical art - while correcting what he wasn't able to do previously.

Using energies of Isaac's death, I compress them into essences (three times) to prepare for enchantment. Then, I go forth onto castle walls to gaze eastward - what wonders might lie there?

((Please, correct my inventory - two swords instead of warhammer. I would also like to know how damaged naga's body is.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 28, 2014, 01:12:20 pm »

((Knew I forgot something. Inventory fix'd. As for Mezala, she has multiple puncture wounds and some heavy acid burns. Enough bodily damage to bleed out in a minute.))

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 28, 2014, 08:35:35 pm »

"Hmmm... Must be my imagination. Oh yeah, Jase! Better be careful with what you're doing with that guy!"

Attempt to apply the mobile modifier (-2) on my force blade so that I can at least make it not sharp or make it not shaped like a blade when not needed.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 30, 2014, 07:17:14 pm »

Continue walking
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 31, 2014, 02:08:43 am »

Turn 15

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [4+1+1=6]
CMP [4]
POT [6+1+1-1=7]
CMP [5+1-2=4]
POT [1]
CMP [2+1-3=0]
POT [2+1+1-3=1]
LUCK [7] {Usefullness}
LUCK [2] {Material}
LUCK [4] {Power}

After looting the now gass-less canister, James continued on with preparations. First esense came out fine, second was just as well but more powerfull. Third would increase precision but had no power of its own. Fourth colapsed and exploded. out of the hole that was torn in reality, a soft ruber knife fell out.

"Hmm, I think this thing might be psychic. Creature, use your abilities to make a gust of wind down the tunnel away from us."

Order the creature, make another aether essence.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [6+1=7]

CMP [5]
POT [5]

Obediently, creature cast a powerfull gust of wind down the tunnel, creating clouds of dust of which the coridor was full of. Whatever else could had been in the tunnel would be invisible for now. Jace, not caring in the slightest, just crafted another esense. Rather explosive one at that, extra powerfull with no direction.

Find a leaf, roll it into a cone and enchant it to amplify my voice.

CMP [3]
POT [1+2=3]

David thinking that his voice might be lacking somewhat, atempted to craft an amplification device out of a leaf. Sadly, he seemed to have hit the "experiemental" phase again, as both power and enchantment proved lacking.

"That reminds me... Despite my power and soulshards, I was unable to accomplish what I desired. Perhaps, magic would work better in this regard? Yes... Taking it slowly... But, more importantly, death. A steady supply of it..."

Using energies of Isaac's death, I compress them into essences (three times) to prepare for enchantment. Then, I go forth onto castle walls to gaze eastward - what wonders might lie there?

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [6]
CMP [3]
POT [4-1=3]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [1-2=-1]

Whaz was becoming more and more certain that it was death that fueled his power. The reason being that the first two esenses came out perfectly, they would empower both his precision and strength. The third was... strange. It had a filtering effect, the spell would be more likely to suceed, but the power of it would be decreased.

"Hmmm... Must be my imagination. Oh yeah, Jase! Better be careful with what you're doing with that guy!"

Attempt to apply the mobile modifier (-2) on my force blade so that I can at least make it not sharp or make it not shaped like a blade when not needed.

CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [3]

Crimson finished chanting the spell and looked upon his blade. The edge had changed. Catiously, he touched it with a finger. Edge was blunt now, though it still pushed the finger away on touch. Success! Force mage then atempted to will the sharp edge back on. Nothing happened. And half a minute later, when Crimson was pondering exactly how much worse this was, the sword regained its sharpness. Only to lose it again a minute later. This was not better. This was not better at all!

Continue walking

SPD [(5-1)/2+1=3]

Witness was continuing his journey towards the alien fields. The trip was coming easily, quick pace allowing mage to reach and climb up a few hills.

LUCK [3]

Grundar, meanwhile, had found a jellyfish with his leg. What would had been a inconvenience for a mage, worked as snack for the troll.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 25 Now with safer cuting edge
« Reply #464 on: August 31, 2014, 05:06:13 am »

"Ok... Then please, work!"

First, I pray to the god of creation! Next, I replace the mobile modifier by instead casting animate (-3) into my blunt force sword while using both essences I have (+1 CMP and +1 POT)!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 506