Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181993 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 141 The time to panic is now
« Reply #4545 on: February 06, 2016, 01:47:44 pm »

Chorkinaan puts his hands up defensively. Woah-ho-ho! I do NOT think now's the time to be squabbling! I mean, THAT... Chorkinaan indicates the impossibly-large dragon above everything ...Would appear to intent upon destroying the walls of this pocket dimension with its breath! That, and the portal here seems to be acting up... How's about we call a truce, at least until we're all not in severe, mortal danger? Yeah? Great! Chorkinaan breaks off in a mad sprint for the portal, screaming bloody murder in his terror.
Actually, on second thought, new plan. Seeing that the lake is not only closer, but also draining into something the likes of which every living thing besides some mages is running towards, Chorkinaan immediately books it for the bloodied lake and dives for the receding waters in attempt to ride the currents to the heart, taking a deep breath before he goes under. If this spits me out underwater, I can always just create a super-non-dense brick with handles that I can ride up to the surface. If possible, Chorkinaan creates 3 or 4 essences on the way.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:19:31 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: February 06, 2016, 01:49:37 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: February 06, 2016, 02:02:57 pm »

((I can't keep this grin off my face.))

((So... I changed my sig. This moment... the best moment one of my characters in an RTD has ever had... ever.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: February 06, 2016, 02:26:45 pm »

My Reaction IIC:

The eldritch tower took like 40 essences to make give or take a few and it takes up less than a full hex.
Jumbo the dragon takes up almost 100 hexes and must be THOUSANDS of times more powerful than every mage on the duck, combined.

My 1st Reaction IIC

IC

We were bound to be triumphant until, almost all at once, we weren't. In a flash, when we should have been destroying the portal, we ended up being forced to retreat through it to save our own skins.

When we saw the mighty shadow traverse the land and heard the savage beast roar, we knew, we could never return to the world that once was.

The world had met its match.

And so, we ran for our lifes towards the portal into the distant unknown of eldritch lands.

And The World Died

Skeliborn

Action:

Go through the portal as fast as possible while still defending from the eldritch stuff. Try to protect the other members of TOAM if possible.

Drag James through the portal to save his hide
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:08:21 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: February 06, 2016, 03:00:23 pm »

(Wow. I take it the game ran long enough, then. 300 pages is quite an achievement, but what other games do you have planned?)
Oh. Ohhh. OHHHHHHHH.
I see. You guys thought the game is ending.

THE GAME IS NOT ENDING, I AM MERELY CHANGING THE MAP.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: February 06, 2016, 03:01:11 pm »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: February 06, 2016, 03:04:42 pm »

((How much of a change will it be, on a scale from 25 to a 100(where the normal scale is 1 to 10)?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: February 06, 2016, 06:12:51 pm »

((Well clearly a 100 as after the dragon is finished, the entire map will be scorched earth, something much different than before.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: February 06, 2016, 06:14:44 pm »

((Well clearly a 100 as after the dragon is finished, the entire map will be scorched earth, something much different than before.))

((I think the new map is through the escape portals.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: February 06, 2016, 07:44:39 pm »

I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: February 06, 2016, 09:28:22 pm »

((Lemme edit turn...))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: February 06, 2016, 10:27:37 pm »

Jiksap immediately noticed several strange things going on. The eel which once attacked him is now retreating towards a vortex of light which is also causing the water to drain. Just as well, everything has grown darker.

Now, in Jiksap's world, there were theories about everything. Only one in particular involved mass exodus of living things from a world, skies growing dark, and this strange feeling that everything is about to explode.

The Apocalypse is here, as foretold by Dr. Hexxikrop of Grommet University.

Obviously, there are two options: escape, or die.
Jiksap did not care.
He came to this world because none could accept his madness.
All except the God of Machines, his only true friend and ally.
The end of this world was inevitable. It is but one cog in the grand clockwork of the universe. The same held true for him.
So Jiksap did not care for either option.
Neither life nor death mattered to him now.

Hey there, Machine God. It's been great, ya know? I never did get to rebuild that adamantine mech, or create pokeballs, or anything big really. I never even got to give my jet a Starscream mode. But just between you and me, I don't care. As long as I can be a part of this universe, a cog in the machine, I am happy. And so I make my final request... This world doesn't really have to end yet, right? Whatever happens is just a function of the machine. Make me a part of it. A part of this world, so that it may yet not end.

Final request to Machine God to be integrated into this world, to protect it from harm, to give it life. To give itself the ability to react to threats with all its might, even if only for this incident, and even if it doesn't work. As an offering, I give my body, my soul, and all I have made, in this world and those before it.

Oh, and, uh, in the case I'm ignored and still underwater while the apocalypse is happening, GTFO through the vortex. We do what we must, because, we can...

((To make things clear, I'm trying to make an epic ending of my character, and potentially a World Vs. Dragon crazy thing. In actuality, the world just isn't strong enough to stop the dragon without destroying itself anyway. Thing is, if that dragon gets out, it'll continue to ravage dimension after dimension for as long as it exists. Hey, that's a lot of major machine-smashing going on.

So no, this isn't really me trying to save the world. Onwards to the new map!))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:35:20 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: February 06, 2016, 10:55:31 pm »

((Ok. Now that that's done, to completely diffuse the mood, I'mma drop a brick joke on Y'all. I ran that last turn through gizoogle.))

Oldskool Mackdaddy Coal jumped backwards, bustin a gap between Ice demon n' his dirty ass, a gap enough ta pull up his cold-ass trump card, his secret weapon, a ass of a mimic. In handz of a cold-ass lil common dude, dat shiznit was a gangbangin' fucked up substance, as it could transform dem tha fuck into nuff formz of muthafuckas, n' was often tha beginnin of were-curses. In handz of a wizzle, dat shiznit was a immensely fucked up weapon, as innate powers dat coursed all up in every last muthafuckin wizzle removed almost all restrictions when choosin a funky-ass bein tha fuck into which ta morph fo' realz. And Oldskool Mackdaddy was far too crazy ta chizzle anythang even remotely reasonable yo. Dude popped tha ass tha fuck into his crazy-ass grill n' swallowed it whole without even botherin ta chew yo. His body split tha fuck into tiny strandz n' flew upwardz fo' realz. A moment later, a gangbangin' finger-lickin' dirty-ass shadow covered tha island.[/size]{Ten secondz of all dis bullshit.}A prismatic dragon rocked up on tha island. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Da description mad big-ass did not do it justice. incredibly massive did not come close. Incomprehensibly colossal was tha dopest description mind could give, n' dat shiznit was still merely nearby tha real deal. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack. Dragon's right front foot rested on tha ash landz near tha volcano. It's left front claw dug gashes tha fuck into tha earth up in northwest plains. Its back feet gripped tha base of southeast mountain n' leveled hills up in tha southwest respectively. Its wings covered tha sky.Dragon looked round curiously. Well shiiiit, it had rocked up here, fo' some unknown reason, wit all memories before right now too foggy ta access. Its left front leg was fucked up n' was bleedin slightly, though it could not remember why. Well shiiiit, it seemed ta be located on a tiny patch of land up in a pimped out expanse of nothingness. Then it noticed suttin' straight-up horrifyingly shitty. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Somethang so unjust n' inappropriate dat it shook it ta its straight-up bones. There was a funky-ass box round dat shit. Dat shiznit was trapped up in a space where it couldn't even straight-up stretch its wings ta full length. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Someone or suttin' had tha astonishin lack of smart-ass thoughts n' had tha arrogant scam ta trap dat shit. Dragon carefully nuzzled ta tha magic shell dat surrounded tha island ta make certain dat there indeed was a funky-ass barrier, as it seemed too absurd fo' dat shit. Dat shiznit was still there, dat shiznit was no illusion, no nightmarish dream. Dragon took a thugged-out deep breath n' opened tha passages deep up in its throat ta tha draconic breath, tha top billin destructizzle juice of any dragon. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. First it would break dis pathetic box, n' then it would break whoever made dat shit.

Ghetto eventsAs tha gargantuan dragon rocked up n' darkened tha skies, some strange thangs happened round tha island.Part of tha volcano seemingly blew up like a muthafucka, n' suttin' within fuckin started glowin wit red light. Da volcano itself spat up a cold-ass lil cloud of ashes, n' possibly nuff muthafuckin dozen magma rocks, as lava fuckin started flowin from one side.In tha middle of tha bloody lake, a vortex formed once again, now even larger than before. Blue light shone from tha depths, as wata fuckin started recedin from tha shores, draggin wit it dirt, wata plants n' fish of all kinds.Within tha forest, emerald light shone all up in tha trees, somehow unobstructed by neither a shitload of tree trunks nor any foliage. Wind rushed all up in tha tree branches, gatherin seedz as muthafuckas vacated tha edgez of tha forest.Da entrizzle portal flared ta game, tearin open a gangbangin' fog covered window ta someplace else. Numerous enchantments dat was supposed ta hold tha gateway shut against even tha strongest of magic’s was on tha fuckin' down-lowly burnin away.Da portal up in tha middle of eldritch fieldz reopened n' fuckin started glarin wit purple n' brown. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Ghostz of thangs dat could have been, creaturez of nightmares n' livin shadows rushed tha fuck into tha portal from tha places dat reside just all up in tha edge of one's eyes. Bone surroundin tha portal cracked, as tentaclez fuckin started bashin against tha structure dat supported dem wild-ass muthafuckas.

((Running these last couple pages through gizoogle has entertained me to no end.)) Another one of my favorite moments from gizoogle has just become my sig, and some of the names that get translated are just hilarious; my favorites being Jizzle, Henry the dopest, and Oldsckool Mackdaddy Coal.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: February 06, 2016, 11:13:31 pm »

((Thanks fo' showin me tha phatnizz of gizoogle. Well shiiiit, it aint nuthin but pimped out!))
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: February 06, 2016, 11:15:03 pm »

((Oldschool Mackdaddy Coal. I like.))
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 506