Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180120 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 142 There is always a bigger fish
« Reply #4680 on: February 15, 2016, 05:24:04 pm »

Turn 142.1

Punch Forric in the jaw to stun him, then punch him in the throat with a kinetic enhanced fist. (All such kinetic punches will only increase forwards kinetic force WITHOUT increasing backwards kinetic force, thus increasing damage to the enemy without getting damaged in turn.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Forric and Henry jumped to action, both fueled by adrenaline from battle and impending apocalypse. Forric proved slightly quicker and gibbered out a spell towards Henry. Despite broken jaw reducing his speech to gibberish, he managed the evocation correctly and a beam of heat flew towards Henry. Kinetic mage ducked and rolled forward, coming to stop just in front of Forric, where he stood up while ramming his fist into Forric's chin, putting strength of his entire body into the strike and topping it off with magic. Pieces of teeth flew from Forric's mouth everywhere, and cracking of shattering skull could be heard for half a mile. Henry swiftly collected the shards and then the wind hit. The atmosphere was escaping, and before facing the problem of having nothing to breathe Henry still had to deal with the problem of wind strong enough to send him flying. He managed to hold on for the moment, but would that last?

Meanwhile, not bothered by anyone, Nihilum entered the eldritch portal, now entirely visible as Tentacles smashed away bone and fled through.

A fair distance away, humanoid creature of all colors of the rainbow, from blood red to plague yellow and sea blue ran towards the volcano, rolled upwards to the top and stopped.

University stuff delayed me just long enough for _Shinju_ to send me the action. Next turn will come out the same day Xom/Prismatic and Henry's/Andre's actions are in.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:34:42 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 142 There is always a bigger fish
« Reply #4681 on: February 15, 2016, 05:27:51 pm »

((The duck thing actually originated because of a typo, not anything having to do with Diskworld.

EDIT: Here's the quote-))

Entire island quacked from the power of the spell cast.
((But in the end, that doesn't matter because I was giving a long-winded and pointless explanation to symbolic object titling phenomena. The typo was made, and the joke stood. Only later was the true implications of this now-canon hysterical happenstance revealed to the public.

And yes, I added in those exceptionally long words just to show off my vocabulary of meaningful phonetic symbols (that most other highly intelligent, self-aware mammals raised with similar phonetic patterns probably also have knowledge of), just as well as my apparent aptitude for utilizing such words in exceptionally long-winded and pointless explanations, similarly to this one.))

Spoiler: Ballot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:18:48 am by thegamemaster1234 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 142.1 Down to two
« Reply #4682 on: February 16, 2016, 07:43:03 am »

((You are quite verbose, yes.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: February 17, 2016, 12:06:40 pm »

Craft three essences. Use my sense of smell (is analogous to tyrannosaurs, which means that I can locate where someone is in 3-D space from many miles away) to pinpoint the location of Jiksap. Call my raptors to me, then head towards Jiksap's location.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: February 18, 2016, 01:20:50 am »

(if I'm still alive and have not already)

-flare knew something was happening. he could feel it. not that he needed to considering THIS WAS NOT A SUBTLE END OF THE WORLD AT ALL!-

grab my stuff. run for the portal.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:22:30 am by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: February 18, 2016, 02:31:41 am »

Use 10 shards to double up on my Kinesis affinity. Run to the portal, using kinesis to boost myself there.

((Very sorry for lateness. Also holy crap my rolls were good that time! Two 4's and three 6's!))
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:36:13 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: February 19, 2016, 01:33:09 am »

((Is anyone still there? The forum seems to be awfully quiet.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: February 19, 2016, 01:39:02 am »

((Yes?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: February 19, 2016, 06:48:25 pm »

Turn 143

Use 10 shards to double up on my Kinesis affinity. Run to the portal, using kinesis to boost myself there.

There were times when Henry greatly approved of wind. Usually, the time was it was hot. Or where he needed for his cape to billow heroically. Or if he wanted his hair to look extra spectacular. Or his coat extra menacing. This was not one of those times, and the wind, while having fantastic effect on his hair and shirt, was unwelcome. Henry braced himself against the ground, but the wind was too strong and Henry felt himself slowly slipping away from the portal. If physical strength was not enough, it was time to go with magic. Henry concentrated power on his feet and leapt forward kicking out craters of dirt. Wind kept him from making any large leaps, but he managed to reach the portal in less than a dozen steps.

Xom was holding firmly onto a rock and was, for the moment, safe from the chance of exploring space without a spacesuit. But that only applied for as long as he did not try to search for the key, or go into a portal, or try anything other than holding on until all of the islands air escaped. It was not particularly delightful prospect of thought, and Xom began looking around for a way out. He looked at the mouth of the volcano. He could try jumping. Wind would carry him quite far. But if he went too far, he would need to learn to breathe vacuum. If he went not far enough, he'd have a chance to train swimming in lava. His eyes wandered further away from the volcano and momentarily stopped at the salt plains. Xom smiled. He took out his five shards, tossed them into volcano's mouth, and followed up with a blast of magic to the portal itself. Beam of light above the portal wavered and shrunk until it was a barely noticeable line. Then the light surged outwards, claiming Xom and greater part of the volcano.

Jase looked around. He was on a portal pad, forged of solid stone, same as it was when he first entered. Grass around the portal also seemed identical, just as the gang of wizards around him. Though there were diferences enough to keep him from nostalgia.

There were a total of nine mages with him included that apeared on the pad. Seva was also looking around curiously, but that only lasted for a moment before he was distracted by his raptors geting distracted and starting to run around, chasing eachother. Bernardo was also there, checking his variety of suspicious looking tools and tossing them out one after another, as his equipment was not designed to survive traveling through such a portal once, let alone twice.

Cuberac was there, dragging along almost unconcious Blake with his one good arm. He dropped the demonologist in surprise as he saw towering T-Rex that was Bob. Behind the duo stood Illium, wondering if portal defences protected from more than magic, say, molotovs to be more specific.

Tall, rocky mountains separated main portal from a sprawling eldritch field. Origins of the field were unclear, but the ground was somewhat spongy and full of tiny holes. It was as if untold amounts of ants decided to make their homes in the pale dirt, digging up millions of tiny tunnels wherever eyes could see.

Gambler and Skeliborn placed down James' glass coffin and together with Nihilum and Eterna took a look around. The ground, despite the tunnels, did not seem any worse to walk on than common dirt. There were, however, some other, larger curiosities. Four of them were near a pool of some brown, thick liquid. It resembled some sort of slime in texture and large bubbles seemed to rise from below at semi regular intervals. Some distance away stood towers of what appeared to be reflective and colorful crystal. Several figures stood near one of the towers, where they gathered in formation and charged forward.

As they approached, Trio of mages saw that the figures were in fact skeletons, with spikes of crystals growing out of them in a way uncannily resembling bone cancer. Not a single bit of flesh could be seen remaining on them. The swamp plat out a particularly large bubble, and from it emerged a heap of meat. It was as if someone had piled up three hundredth pounds of eels into one place and painted them all red and yellow. The mass was not alone, as several other deformed piles left the lakeshore. Against all sense, they somehow managed to move at half decent speed and charged towards the approaching skeletons. The two groups tore into each other, bone tearing flesh and flesh breaking bone. Soon, more figures began gathering at the towers and in greater numbers, while telling popping sounds signaled emerging of more flesh heaps.

In another direction entirely, within great forest to the south, lone figure awoke among the woods. Shias looked around, and saw a pair of squirrels playing in branches of a tall oak tree. Beneath them, a wild boar was crunching acorns that had fallen on the ground. For the moment, there seemed to be nothing dangerous nearby, though Shias knew well how quickly that could change.

In the lake to the east a figure emerged from under the slow rolling waves. Another soon followed it. Kahel and Chorkinaan were in the process of reconsidering the wisdom of their initial choice, as water around them proved to be chilling cold. It wasn't uniformly cold; rather there were several streams of chilling water mixing through mostly bearable temperatures, as if someone had thrown a block of ice into a pool. It could had been exactly the case, thought Kahel, looking at floating icebergs not too far away. Fair distance beneath the two wizards, Jiksap was swimming around, blissfully unaware of how cold the water around him was. There were more than just gills that he had gained trying to access underwater treasures.

First thing that Xom noticed was that the rock he was holding on to was slipping downwards from his grasp. Then his mind took note of how light he felt. This was followed by sudden realization that the rest of the volcano was no longer connected to the chunk to which he was holding to. While he began wondering what could had happened to so much rock, a quicker part of his brain deduced that he was falling. Xom peered over what he figured was the edge of his chunk and noticed that he and about thousand tons worth of various sized rocks were falling onto a land that seemed to be spewing boiling hot water. If his elemental form had possessed the required glands, he felt he'd most likely be overcome by adrenaline.

Invisible and undetectable to other mages, mostly due to not yet being truly and entirely on the island, Viznor Flare and Gloomy were mostly making themselves busy, but each sparring an occasional glance to nearby windows. They were still all blocked by aether, meaning that they were still trapped inside, though neither of them saw it as such. Viznor was working in the library while Flare labored with his Golem and Gloomy toiled in the halls. All of them had some plans that did not require outside world, but they all noticed that the purple wall behind the windows began to fade.

Amulet on Jase's neck gained another crack.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:22:46 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 143 Back on track
« Reply #4689 on: February 19, 2016, 06:50:38 pm »

This whole thing where I waited the few guys to finish up while forcing the rest to sit around doing nothing? Did not seem to work out all that well, probably won't try that again.

We are back to the game fellow mages. Do check if i missed someone/something.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: February 19, 2016, 07:25:22 pm »

+3 essences.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: February 19, 2016, 07:30:37 pm »

"Quite a chilling experience..."

Go to the shore and regulate body temperature with a spell. Then, make 2 essences.

((I presume demon I still alive and somewhere close?))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: February 19, 2016, 07:58:07 pm »

Create 3 essences

"Just so you know, there's a comfy cell for each and every one of you at Magi Penitentiary. Life sentences for ALL of you. Now, who the HELL, SUMMONED THAT DAMN DRAGON!!!"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: February 19, 2016, 08:29:27 pm »

Do check if i missed someone/something.
((If I'm correct, Wayfarer(my latest character) should have joined the game this turn.))

Edit:
((Next time I nuke the world, I'll be sure to be more thorough.))
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:45:19 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: February 19, 2016, 08:43:32 pm »

"Nobody "summoned the dragon *cough cough* but some Mage toyed with more power then he rightfully should have had, he is no more. *hack coug* Now if any amoung you is a healer I could use some assistance, it seems we may need to work together for a bit before we continue this death match."

Recieve healing, make 2 essences
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 506