Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180823 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 143 Back on track
« Reply #4710 on: February 21, 2016, 06:55:53 pm »

Out of stasis pod. Transform it back into an armguard.
Check if the portal still exists and if it's two way.
Try to radio Grundar.

Good to see everyone made the trip here safely. Unfortunately, we seem to have landed in some eldritch dimension. We need to form a perimeter and create a safehouse in case we need to retreat at some point.

James. Do you think you could create a secure building or something?

"I really don't think this is a good place to make a safehouse. We should get moving, see if we can find somewhere safer and find any other survivors."
Fair enough. Any idea on a direction to go in. I'll follow your lead.

Oh and I think I've reduced my debt to you as I just saved you from dieing in the Duckpocalypse.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: February 21, 2016, 10:41:55 pm »

(Talking to cuberac) Hey,that guy you have there, I was trying to kill him earlier but then the dragon showed up, so unless you really want him alive how about we kill him and split the shards

walk to the forest,make 2 essences
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:17:33 am by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: February 21, 2016, 11:07:23 pm »

"I prefer him living, thanks. If he tries to backstab or anything of the sort, I'll be sure you get your fair share."

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: February 22, 2016, 01:17:14 am »

ok, that's fine, see you later.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: February 22, 2016, 08:40:16 am »

Try to radio Grundar.

Good to see everyone made the trip here safely. Unfortunately, we seem to have landed in some eldritch dimension. We need to form a perimeter and create a safehouse in case we need to retreat at some point.

"I really don't think this is a good place to make a safehouse. We should get moving, see if we can find somewhere safer and find any other survivors."
Fair enough. Any idea on a direction to go in. I'll follow your lead.

Oh and I think I've reduced my debt to you as I just saved you from dieing in the Duckpocalypse.

"No idea. Southeast might be a good choice, at least if this world matches the old one."

"Consider your debt gone. I'm not so sure you actually saved me though since the dragon was defeated and space isn't too bad. Hmm, I promised my tree I wouldn't abandon it so I have to find a way back. Or I guess I can summon it here."

((I'm not actually sure if we saw the dragon get eaten?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: February 22, 2016, 09:33:04 pm »

((It died after I we left I think))

((Also in the old world the portal was North East of the eldritch area))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: February 23, 2016, 06:53:21 am »

(Hmm... A crystal tower... Let's see...)
"Okay, let's take a look around first..."

Enchance the electric gem. Take a closer look at the tower.
Just edited.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: February 23, 2016, 12:00:37 pm »

Use my 3-d smell abilities to locate Jiksap and go to him. Craft 3 essences.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: February 23, 2016, 03:31:02 pm »

"You know I'm coming after you bird Mage, it's just not the right time right now."
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: February 23, 2016, 05:44:09 pm »

Travel southwest, scouting the region. Create 3 essences.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: February 23, 2016, 06:32:47 pm »

You were not alone in taking a day or two, nor was people taking their time the only reason. For one, I kinda expected more than three people to stay on the island, and more than one to post their actions rather than sending PM's. As it was, for majority of players it was a pause happening for no real reason.
((Sorry about that; I've been quite busy lately.))

Using all remaining essences, Xom discharges magic charged with his affinity, with no clearly defined intention in mind, attempting to target gravitational forces around him. Follow up with a rapid essence roulette. No better time to do so than when you're plummeting to your potential destruction alongside several tons of igneous material, right?

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: February 23, 2016, 09:04:40 pm »

((Busy with school stuff ATM))
Follow the others; If something's obviously hostile and looks beatable, attack it. If it doesn't look beatable, run.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: February 25, 2016, 06:45:09 pm »

Turn 144

+3 essences.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gloomy calmly waited within one unremarkable room within the Tower. Shell of aether still surrounded the Tower, meaning that they were still in transit. Gloomy was in no real hurry, though he did feel a little apprehensive about the new land. The previous island had been explored fairly well by mages, and numerous traps and dangerous creatures would had been rendered harmless. This place was fresh and full of trouble. As if to confirm his pessimism, one of essences collapsed upon Gloomy and a curse of open palm fell upon him.
{Curse of Open Palm - Can't use physical attacks in combat. 3 Turns}

"Quite a chilling experience..."

Go to the shore and regulate body temperature with a spell. Then, make 2 essences.

((I presume demon I still alive and somewhere close?))
{Yes, for a given value of "Close" and "Alive"}

Kahel did not like the cold water around him. His body liked the cold even less, and reflexive action kicked in, overriding the sensible response of getting out of the water. Cold shock forced Kahels hands around his body while he gasped for air. He stopped floating and got a lungful of water. Coughing while half drowning was making getting on shore rather complicated.

Create 3 essences

"Just so you know, there's a comfy cell for each and every one of you at Magi Penitentiary. Life sentences for ALL of you. Now, who the HELL, SUMMONED THAT DAMN DRAGON!!!"

Bernardo was rather furious. Not only did the wizards around him display most casual disregard for law of any kind, their relentless tampering with most illegal magic forced him through the portal again, ruining all of his equipment. He'd arrest all of them. Some of them for their own good. The exact method of arresting escaped Bernardo's thoughts at the moment, as they were occupied by calculations of whether or not he had enough high security containment cells for all of them.

"Nobody "summoned the dragon *cough cough* but some Mage toyed with more power then he rightfully should have had, he is no more. *hack coug* Now if any amoung you is a healer I could use some assistance, it seems we may need to work together for a bit before we continue this death match."

Recieve healing, make 2 essences
"I'll assist you, for a small favor."
Summon a cluster of healing cubes. Form 2 essences.

Cuberac called forth a bunch of red fleshy looking cubes. He carefully picked one up and examined it. Their texture was rather similar to meat and they felt wet. Well it was not the weirdest thing he had seen, and he felt that he had done the spell properly. One of Cuberac's many talents was his ability to multitask. As he was examining the cube, he was also focusing power, and as it happened one of essences collapsed, magic flowing down his arm and into the cube he was holding. From there, magic chained to the other cubes and they all began wriggling, as if there was something alive within. Cuberac eyed the cubes, then Blake, then cubes again, and extended the cube he was holding to Blake. Demonologist also eyed the cube suspiciously, but after his years of dealing with demons, the cube didn’t even reach his worst ten meals, so he chewed and swallowed the cube. Unsurprisingly, it tasted like raw meat, but what amazed Blake was that it actually worked well. Wounds on his back had closed, and few more cubes got rid of his burns. The cubes seemed to have no effect on bones, leaving Blake's rib broken, but he now felt considerably better than he had a few minutes ago.

GAH! I wasn't expecting to wind up on ice! Shivering, Chorkinaan attempts to create a cube in front of himself, the size of his own head, heavy as iron, and gravitating in such a way that it falls southeast; with a graspable handle, which he grabs onto as it materializes and plunges through the water to the shore. (Releasing, of course, if it makes to slide up out of the water and continue falling.) Use the +1/+1 essence for this.

((When you have to specify all the physical properties of an object, you end up with long messages.  :P))

Chorkinaan surged from beneath the waves, taking a deep breath of cold air. The water was so cold it burned, but he knew that if he could still feel the cold he was still fine, provided he got out soon. Chorkinaan conjured up a weighty slab and grabbed onto it. For most it would had been an idea most mad, but rather than falling down the slab fell towards southeast, carrying Chorkinaan towards the shore. Water grew warmer swiftly as he approached land and moved away from icebergs. The wind on the shore still felt chilly as Chorkinaan was soaking wet, but that could be fixed far more easily.

Shias grants himself a small smile. Nature at peace. What a happy moment. I pray this can become a state of world...

Explore around briefly, maybe the Forest Heart can be found nearby.

Summon powerfull fertilizer. Essences used: three +1/+1, chaotic +2/+1 and +1 POT.

Shias spent a few more seconds just enjoying the environment. Heart of the forest should be somewhere nearby, not to count variety of interesting things that could be found in any forest. Shias heaved and rose to his feet. Or, to be more precise, he attempted to rise. His limbs, head aside, couldn't move. They seemed to be bound down with something, which, upon closer inspection turned out to be roots. Somehow, his Juggernaut suit had rooted itself into the ground.

((Internal))
((Master, We Have Arrived At The New World, but in the process, the old world may be out of reach. Do you have any directions for me?))

Skeliborn

Action:

Fight the enemies using vortex bane while talking to Hepheastus.

Skeliborn suddenly became aware of one of the required parts being in a crystal tower nearby.  He also became aware that moving back to the Duck Island was still possible through portals. Then he refocused himself back on his surroundings and became aware that there wasn't really anyone to fight. Cancer skeletons and tentacled heaps were doing battle with each other and completely ignored the group near the pools. That might change if he attacked, and while Skeliborn had no fear of glorious combat, his companions might appreciate some time for enacting their own plans.

For most people, fighting another mage for a few shards while the world is literally ending could be considered "ill-advised" or "dangerous" or "mind-bogglingly suicidal". But for Henry? He's the best around, and no giant dragon-induced void of nothing - *puts on sunglasses of +3 coolness* - is ever going to keep him down.

Go down two tiles and enchant my shoes (items which naturally control kinetic energy to improve running) to give me +1CMP to Kinesis spells.

Henry's arm slid to one of his pockets and pulled out his Cool Shades +3(cracks). He had cut out holes in the actual glasses ages ago because he was unable to see a damn thing through them otherwise, but they still looked cool. Most things did on him. Henry jogged southwards, towards the swamped forest. Dead trees were still standing here and there, even though their roots had long since perished in rising water. Before going further, Henry welded an enchantment to the intention of his shoes. It would hold for a while even without any extra reinforcement.
{+1CMP, 2 turns}

Jiksap awakes to delightfully watery conditions. The water was cold, but he didn't notice that. Apparently biomodification often comes with unexpected benefits. As his previous treasure hunt was quite inconclusive, he decided to hunt for more. There's always some kind of underwater ruins or shipwreck in places with icebergs, right??? Even on world maps with no actual civilization or oceans, just like the last one?!??

Oh wait, he's covered in shrapnel. Part of it is beautiful metal and the rest appears to be that red crystal that neat eel was guarding. Not a total loss, then. Maybe being covered in crystal and shrapnel will actually come in handy for once. If he can move, that is. Which is why he's about to go treasure hunting. Obviously.

Go treasure hunting, create 3 essences
Also, assess damage to body and equipment.

Jiksap inspected numerous cuts on himself. It seemed that none of them hit anything too important, which meant that he wasn't in immediate danger, however he was still bleeding. Underwater, blood would have trouble coagulating and there was added danger of predators appearing. But he had a bit of time before either became a problem. He chose to use the time to look around. It was a fair bit darker near the bottom as light was having trouble getting through so much water, but it was still bright enough to see. A pair of shards of the red crystal seemed had survived the explosion and floated into the portal.

(Hmm... A crystal tower... Let's see...)
"Okay, let's take a look around first..."

Enchance the electric gem. Take a closer look at the tower.
Edited.

Eterna forced a bit more power in his gem, making it spark even more and grow slightly in size. But mostly it was the sparking that increased, the gem seemed to grow a tad bit unstable. It would probably be fine if nobody knocked it around too much. Probably. Eterna decided that he had some more interesting stuff to do and glided off towards one of the crystalline towers. As he closed in, he saw that the towers were constructed out of numerous pieces of different colors, but nevertheless looked as if they were carved out of a single stone. As he looked, another of crystal skeletons left the tower and ran off towards the battle.

Try to radio Grundar.

James opened his glass coffin disappointed. It would seem that Prince Charming was busy today. Or was disassembled into eldritch monstrosities by the neighborhood. The second was probably more likely, sons of kings rarely stopped to consider that they might lose and die, even if the place looked like someone had torn a piece of hell off and brought it back as a souvenir. He reshaped the omnicube back into an armlet and looked around with intent in mind. Portal was nowhere to be seen, which meant that it was hidden somewhere. Where exactly was less complicated of a guess as it might had seemed, as there was only one place that was both not underground and large enough. James looked back into the stinking pools that were oozing flesh piles, and activated his radio.

"Oh boss! You made it, good to hear. I found a swamp and a forest and tried to plant the stuff as you told me, but some guys in dresses with long beards appeared and told me that it was 'unnatural' and 'corrupted' and that it would 'burn down the forest'."

(Talking to cuberac) Hey,that guy you have there, I was trying to kill him earlier but then the dragon showed up, so unless you really want him alive how about we kill him and split the shards

walk to the forest,make 2 essences

Seva considered a fresh plan with Cuberac, but he refused to attack his injured friend. Not wanting to be the single in a two on one battle, Seva just left. He calmly traveled on foot towards the forest edge, actually enjoying the walk after he had his fill of flying. It did not take long to reach the edge of the forest, but Seva stopped just before it. The forest was both larger and denser, meaning that the amount of nasty things inside was likely also higher.

Use my 3-d smell abilities to locate Jiksap and go to him. Craft 3 essences.

Bob the T-rex turned his giant head around trying to catch a whiff of Jiksap's smell, but was met with failure. Predators of such size hunted creatures that were appropriately large, and their senses appropriately unsuited to finding small mammals. Besides which, Jiksap could had been far away, and his smell hadn't yet reached Bob. There was a sudden feeling of falling and Bob found himself back on the ground full wizard again. T-rex proved a bit too large of a change to maintain for long.

Travel southwest, scouting the region. Create 3 essences.

Ilium looked around, wondering what mages here would think about him. They did not see much of him, and what they saw was rather polite, but that missing portion of time could be interpreted as so many dangerous things. Some larger plot. Ilium looked around and noticed a nice looking swamp with enough trees to play a hide and seek for days. That would do, he decided and wandered off while nobody was looking. It took a combination of swamp gas stench, perilous mud under his feet and a small island of a hill full of croaking frogs for Ilium to consider the downside of paranoia.

Using all remaining essences, Xom discharges magic charged with his affinity, with no clearly defined intention in mind, attempting to target gravitational forces around him. Follow up with a rapid essence roulette. No better time to do so than when you're plummeting to your potential destruction alongside several tons of igneous material, right?

Xom was falling. He was falling like a meteor from the sky, fire and brimstone and all. It would had been really cool if he wasn't in immediate deadly danger. As it was, Xom panicked. He began throwing magic around with no rhyme or reason, not hoping for the best but because he thought it couldn't get any worse. He was wrong, as anyone who could had seen falling boulders turning all colors of the rainbow would had told him, but he didn't know that just yet. Magic charged brimstone fell, causing dust clouds to rise up. Where dust clouds merged, lightning discharges could had been seen. The dust clouds were charged with Xom's magic, and as he fell on it in his elemental form, their weight counted not in physical but in magical sense. Xom fell on the dust as if on a pillow. By sheer luck he had succeeded, both in surviving and causing a local storm to cover him from opportunists.

((Busy with school stuff ATM))
Follow the others; If something's obviously hostile and looks beatable, attack it. If it doesn't look beatable, run.

Gambler was looking at his allies with worry. None of them seemed to be too worried about any of the terrors of this place, and Skeliborn seemed to be outright itching to do battle with whatever the things were supposed to be. Looking at him Gambler caught himself thinking about who he'd bet on in a three way between Skeliborn, skeletons and meatballs.

I'm going to prepare a character now.

Wayfarer stepped out of the portal and gazed at his suroundings. It was diferent from waht he had expected which caused him to suspect a trap and quickly run through all the people who could had aranged this. Then he noticed other mages, all of them seemingly entirely  unprepared to do battle. Then something to the east fell with a deafening crash and magic charged clouds rose from the ground. Wayfarer tensed again. He tensed because the unexpected sound messed up his concentration for a moment and he lost track of an essence. Magic leaked outwards and solid force tendrils extended from his mask and around his head in thick bands. The mask did not stop until it turned into a full on helmet. On one hand, it would deal with some damge. On another, once it broke, shards would cut through any number of arteries on his scalp.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:04:36 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 144 Fun and !!FUN!! for all
« Reply #4723 on: February 25, 2016, 07:01:08 pm »

((Does having essences still slow down your speed? I'm looking at Bob T. Baker's sheet and from all the essences he has he shouldn't be able to move.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 144 Fun and !!FUN!! for all
« Reply #4724 on: February 25, 2016, 07:06:25 pm »

((Does having essences still slow down your speed? I'm looking at Bob T. Baker's sheet and from all the essences he has he shouldn't be able to move.))
((You lose initiative, which is a SPD determined roll in combat, but not Travel speed, which is a SPD determined roll out of combat.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 506