Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182381 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 144 Fun and !!FUN!! for all
« Reply #4755 on: February 27, 2016, 03:46:04 pm »

((Sorry for double posting, but since we can only give up to +5/+5 with essences, do we need to use other items and elicit help from other people to get more power?  For example if I was to grab a player and sacrifice them to the demons would I get a bonus to my spell?))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: February 27, 2016, 03:50:05 pm »

So guys. My master who I'm apprenticed too just sent me an image of a crystal tower I'm supposed to go to. Interested?
"Wish I could but I have to find my troll and rescue my tree. Good luck on your quest."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: February 27, 2016, 03:51:16 pm »

((I imagine so. There are lots of options to boost your spells beyond +5/+5. One option: simply boosting your potency and CMP stats using shards. 12 shards will either get you a permanent +1 to CMP, or a permanent +1 to POT, your choice. Or just crush 10 shards to gain another copy of one of your affinities and get +1/+1 to spells of that affinity always. Other options to boost your spells include: divine aid(pray for power, tap the Swarm, tap time fluxes, whatnot), using a Font of Magic, crushing shards, enchanting your items to boost your casting... and of course, casting a spell with another player helping you- a multicast. Such was how James' plum tree was created.))
((Or just make your spells more efficient, or use the ritual system.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: February 27, 2016, 03:56:48 pm »

((I imagine so. There are lots of options to boost your spells beyond +5/+5. One option: simply boosting your potency and CMP stats using shards. 12 shards will either get you a permanent +1 to CMP, or a permanent +1 to POT, your choice. Or just crush 10 shards to gain another copy of one of your affinities and get +1/+1 to spells of that affinity always. Other options to boost your spells include: divine aid(pray for power, tap the Swarm, tap time fluxes, whatnot), using a Font of Magic, crushing shards, enchanting your items to boost your casting... and of course, casting a spell with another player helping you- a multicast. Such was how James' plum tree was created.))
((Or just make your spells more efficient, or use the ritual system.))

((Ok, I have been posting entirely too often lately, but I'll bite. How does running a forum game in your sigtext work?))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: February 27, 2016, 03:57:28 pm »

((How do I make enchantments permanent? Do I need to use shards?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: February 27, 2016, 04:00:45 pm »

((Ok, I have been posting entirely too often lately, but I'll bite. How does running a forum game in your sigtext work?))
((Ah, so you noticed. Send in actions via PM or via posting in a thread where I'm very active(don't do it if it would likely annoy the GM or clutter the thread, though)(and hope that I'll notice). Then I change my sig based on dice rolls and whatnot.))
~~~
((Based on what I've seen, MORE POWER AND COMPETENCY. Shards work for that, but using enough essences or just being lucky enough will also help.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: February 27, 2016, 04:30:30 pm »

((Ah, so you noticed. Send in actions via PM or via posting in a thread where I'm very active(don't do it if it would likely annoy the GM or clutter the thread, though)(and hope that I'll notice). Then I change my sig based on dice rolls and whatnot.))
~~~
((Based on what I've seen, MORE POWER AND COMPETENCY. Shards work for that, but using enough essences or just being lucky enough will also help.))

((Interesting... In that case, I think I'm going to have to suggest an action. :3. *carefully peer through the hole which has been burnt in the grid*))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: February 27, 2016, 05:57:07 pm »

(("You jump through it. Well, you're not dead... yet."))
((Oh shit. well, that didn't go how I expected it to. You're definitely the funniest GM I've ever met. I'm just gonna let someone else pick the next action :3))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: February 27, 2016, 05:57:44 pm »

((the jumping through it wasn't your action. If you rolled a one, it would have been.))
Generic Arms Race.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: February 27, 2016, 06:48:30 pm »

Close eyes. Rotate, and rely on luck to find the best direction to head. Open eyes. Go that way. Make Two Essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: February 27, 2016, 07:54:15 pm »

((Someone else posted next action in FOU's sigtext; I'm grabbing this. *Use grappling hook that was in back pocket this entire time to latch onto the hole that has been jumped out of. Climb back up.*))
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:04:34 am by ironsnake345 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: February 27, 2016, 08:22:29 pm »

To avoid clogging the thread, I recommend that you send sig game actions to me via PM.
Generic Arms Race.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: February 27, 2016, 09:13:55 pm »

So guys. My master who I'm apprenticed too just sent me an image of a crystal tower I'm supposed to go to. Interested?
"Wish I could but I have to find my troll and rescue my tree. Good luck on your quest."
And to you to. Oh and a word of advice. The portals to the old world haven't disappeared. This means that it should be possible to move all the portal heads in this world to a central location to allow quick access to different areas of the other world. Or vice versa of course. If you find a portal, try to summon it into a magical artifact. I for one will try moving the eldritch portal to spawn. Or if someone moved the Tower, to there.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: February 27, 2016, 09:27:24 pm »

Action PM'd.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: February 27, 2016, 09:40:12 pm »

To avoid clogging the thread, I recommend that you send sig game actions to me via PM.
((Sounds good.))
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 506